• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Sharon can definitely handle most World bosses on her own (except maybe iThanos), you just have to use the proper skills and kite every now and then. Shadowland is the opposite of fun though and really geared towards people who have been playing for months, it IS ridiculously hard. To make it even worse and more grindy, you can only use every character once per reset. Also when it says "combat characters have an advantage" it actually means anything that isn't a combat hero will do literally 1 damage, except Universals, who do 75% of normal damage I think.

That said this game is terrible at respecting your time or money and you should probably just stop. I'm only playing it out of obligation now because I still have a sub going. It's 90% Superhero Middle Management Simulator and 10% actual game, and that 10% isn't nearly good enough to justify spending one or two hours a day basically playing a menus game.

Even if you have spent money, if you're not enjoying it, stop (do as I say not as I do and all that). And definitely don't throw good money after bad, tempting though it may be. One more T2 character isn't gonna do much beyond maybe one more Shadowland stage or WB clear.

Need a little help... I've never made it past Shadowland level 5.

I have no good villain or universal heroes left, so my only option is Rumble mode against the Young Avengers, where heroes have an advantage.

I have a lot of strong characters left (SR, Silk, Ant-Man, Elsa, all at T2) but can never kill more than 2 of them.

Even if I team SR with Sharon and Cap, they wipe the floor with me. One of their attacks (no idea who's or what as the screen is such a clusterfuck) seems to break through SR's shield and kill me almost instantly.

Is there any way to defeat them!?

Hulkling has a reflect physical shield, meaning you can't hit him with physical attacks, this destroys characters like Sharon(she's an energy attacker but some of her skills do physical damage). On top of that, Songbird can lock down your entire team. I avoid that fight every single time, it's one of the hardest in SL. My only tip is to stay far away from the rest of your team so songbird doesn't lock you all down and DON'T use any characters that have ANY physical skills.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That said this game is terrible at respecting your time or money...

I really wouldn't say that. On the contrary, I love how much faster it's become to compete your "daily quest" to satisfactory standards (Get those Gems!), and they've shortened the time needed for Alliance battle, too.

A single character can auto-run and level up characters, and we get more and more ways to do it easier as more characters emerge.

Villain sieges used to take ages, now they're 3 battles. World bosses have a 3 min timer, if it takes you max time to kill each round, that's only 15 min.

Characters can be farmed from 0 to 6* without you even needing to play them once. Co-Op can be auto-battles to get money per day. Even weak characters can participate and net you some spoils.

If you're OCD about it, the game is a time sink, sure, but you can complete the "necessary" stuff for a day in little more than 30 minutes. Having 1 or 3 strong leads can blitz everyone else through almost everything, to help them level up quite fast. EXP chips also supplement this.

Even if I team SR with Sharon and Cap, they wipe the floor with me. One of their attacks (no idea who's or what as the screen is such a clusterfuck) seems to break through SR's shield and kill me almost instantly.

Is there any way to defeat them!?

There's a lot of enemies with damage reflect. Sharon is probably killing herself by doing a move on Hulkling, and having all that damage shot back at her.

In situations like this, you want to luck out, most of the time. You CAN beat Hulkling before his reflect shield comes on (which Sharon Rogers is strong enough to do), or you can just not use the moves that he reflects (Use physical moves on energy reflectors, and vice versa).

Also, if you have Strange (Or... Thanos, I guess? and a few others), he can erase enemy buffs. This not only takes away such shields and stuff, but in Strange's case also removes things like absolute immunity to incorrect types.

I wish they'd make poisons and bleeding SUPER effective VS reflecting enemies, or lower their HP so using the right moves would be more rewarding / allow you to focus and delete them from the match. I do find them a bit of an unbalanced hassle too, and I'd love to see that aspect of SL's get adjusted, particularly for the lower levels. As is now, it feels much less like they can be counter-played, and more like you just need to luck out on teammates applying the proper Stuns + Perfect positioning + 100% on point cooldowns of skill chains. It's just over-loaded with lucky.

I really wouldn't say that. On the contrary, I love how much faster it's become to compete your "daily quest" to satisfactory standards (Get those Gems!), and they've shortened the time needed for Alliance battle, too.

A single character can auto-run and level up characters, and we get more and more ways to do it easier as more characters emerge.

Villain sieges used to take ages, now they're 3 battles. World bosses have a 3 min timer, if it takes you max time to kill each round, that's only 15 min.

Characters can be farmed from 0 to 6* without you even needing to play them once. Co-Op can be auto-battles to get money per day. Even weak characters can participate and net you some spoils.

If you're OCD about it, the game is a time sink, sure, but you can complete the "necessary" stuff for a day in little more than 30 minutes. Having 1 or 3 strong leads can blitz everyone else through almost everything, to help them level up quite fast. EXP chips also supplement this.

Don't mind HT. He tends to be a Negative Nancy :p

Not much in the way of new info in this week's report, but some nice shots of the new environments and a new character silhouette. Second shot is of Muspelheim. Would be sweet if Surtur was added in some capacity.
1480296836717_ORG.jpg

1480296845707_ORG.jpg

1480296882076.jpg

Odin, I would guess.

Good lord the Captain Marvel buff, I'm in. First character I farmed might actually be good now :)

And I guess I have to grind some shield levels, I'm only 50.

I really wish there was a way to separately equip visuals and enhancements from Uniforms. I want to get Silk's for the stats and moveset changes, but I vastly prefer her default look. :/

I really wish there was a way to separately equip visuals and enhancements from Uniforms. I want to get Silk's for the stats and moveset changes, but I vastly prefer her default look. :/
Yeah this would be great in future.

Had the same dilemma with Mordo; Vastly prefer the magic versions of his 5 and 6 star skills but then you have to take the hit on Uni stats to keep them which is a shame.

-Digits-

So I'm looking for some Marvel. Considering this or Contest of Champions. Which one is worth putting time into?

They're very different games but Future Fight is way friendlier to F2P players. There's only 3 characters that you absolutely have to pay for to obtain, the 3rd one is being patched in right now in fact. Everything else is obtainable as F2P. There's some grinding involved of course. It'll take you at least 3 months to get Doctor Strange (pretty much the best character right now) starting from scratch, quite possibly longer. However, freebies are given out frequently and they're actually good. New players get a lot of stuff to help them get started as well.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So I'm looking for some Marvel. Considering this or Contest of Champions. Which one is worth putting time into?

Play both.

This definitely throws free stuff at you, ive got about 12 heroes and I only started yesterday
They're very different games but Future Fight is way friendlier to F2P players. There's only 3 characters that you absolutely have to pay for to obtain, the 3rd one is being patched in right now in fact. Everything else is obtainable as F2P. There's some grinding involved of course. It'll take you at least 3 months to get Doctor Strange (pretty much the best character right now) starting from scratch, quite possibly longer. However, freebies are given out frequently and they're actually good. New players get a lot of stuff to help them get started as well.

I've got him? At level 15 too. Only started yesterday, got him from his epic event thing

Contest of Champions is pure dogshit. Even if you can stomach its hideous art style, the random hero unlocking/ranking and recycled animations across the characters make it lose its luster quickly. It's truly a half-assed effort by the dev team. It doesn't deserve being the highest grossing Marvel mobile game.

Play this one. Much better Marvel fan service, and way more variety.

-Digits-

Play both.

This definitely throws free stuff at you, ive got about 12 heroes and I only started yesterday

I've got him? At level 15 too. Only started yesterday, got him from his epic event thing

I meant maxed out, should have clarified. Although he's already really good early on as well.

Wanderer5

Think I be checking this out again for a nice marvel fix on the go with many characters, plus I recently took notice of Gwenpool.:p

Oh man, 7 more characters? Wow, this game updates so often I can't keep up!
Just when I think I'm getting somewhere with the previous update, bam, more characters.
Only about halfway through the Strange quest!

I've only heard of half of the new characters. Totally in for that Silk uni though!

Drayco21

Sounding like she's not going to be; Skurge and Hela are supposed to be in the movie, last I heard, but no Enchantress.

Also, they probably figured they'll make plenty of bank on Odin anyway- he's a Tier 2 character, and people are probably still opening their wallets up for BAM and Chaos Norns.

Top Bottom