• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Update details are out! Phoenix is a native (worded as "natural") T2. X-Men characters require new materials to T2.

Holy shit at Wolverine's T2. Like holy shit. And Jean's buffs/debuffs are some Dr. Strange level shit, completely with Time Freeze!

Damn Cyc's got a great leadership and he's got immunity.

EDIT: Jean Grey has debuff removal, PVP meta is going to change assuming she's better then wasp (and of course she will be). She has Time Freeze like Strange too? And Dormammu's ressurection? Jesussssss. Oh and she heals. Oh and she can penetrate damage immume and invunerable. Wow. She's going to be fucking ridiculous.

EDIT 2: Wolverine heals 5% health every second, damn. His Tier 2 is going to make him an absolute damage monster.

EDIT 3: Storm and Beast look like crap.

EDIT 4: Rogue has a immunity leadership!? Plus she can heal and give herself immunity. Guess I know where I'm spending my event tokens.

EDIT 5: Mags has a passive damage skill, interesting. Tier 2 he gets an 80% buff to damage to humans, wow. Self guard. Crowd control is just bind so it won't work on anything that matters. Not looking amazing, though his leadership is potentially 45% damage bonus to mutants, so he might be a good leader.

New Epic Quest, hmmm.

Oh wow! Rogue has damage immunity buff as a leadership and Magneto does 80% bonus damage to human characters looooooooooool.

Gwenpool's new uniform is really nice for her survivability. Her recovery was always pointless before. Shame we only got two uniforms, neither of which are Mary Poppins :mad:

Sinatar

"Magneto is available after purchasing the deluxe package and its exclusive mission."

"Deluxe package"? Hmm.

Having to "buy" Magneto is going to bug a lot of people. I hope the price isn't something ridiculous. What's peculiar is that one of the benefits of buying it is earning 1500 bonus crystals. Spending crystals to earn more crystals is odd. Wonder what the return rate is.

Jesus fuck, Cyclops' leadership ability.

Magneto's too. It's 45% to All Attack.

Sinatar

"By getting 5 of the New characters to Tier-2, you will be able to unlock the native Tier-2, Jean Grey."

"New materials have been added for the X-men characters. These new materials are required to Tier-2 the characters and also master them."

15.png

Yiiiikes

Oh hey, they actually added a reason to upgrade the convertor in the lab now.

16.png

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
"By getting 5 of the New characters to Tier-2, you will be able to unlock the native Tier-2, Jean Grey."

"New materials have been added for the X-men characters. These new materials are required to Tier-2 the characters and also master them."

15.png

Yiiiikes
Yeah, this is what worries me.

All those selectors and rank up tickets everyone saved up, for nothing lol. They even put up a MRUT sale a few days ago and drained so many out of 2600 crystals. That's some shady tactics man.

Edit: Looks like Cyclops may actually ignore i-frames, if those count as "ignore targeting" effects.

Mag's leadership only applies to mutants though.

Oh snap, you're right. Hype overtook me too hard.

I like this new screen, handy.

Resized_23.jpg

Yeah this is really nifty. Sometimes I only half complete some modes and end up forgetting to return to them. A good way to know you're done for the day.

Sinatar

Resized_13.jpg

So you get a 6* Magneto instantly when you purchase the deluxe stuff. Wonder how many crystals that'll be. Gotta be at least 3000.

I've been saving to build my first of the Dorm / Odin / Thanos trio and today I finally hit 8820 BAM1 and 70m Gold. IDK what to do after the new Epic Mission info, though >_<. It is probably best to go ahead and build Dorm, rather than convert the BAM and Chaos Norn to Phoenix Feathers and M'kraan Crystals. But... TO ME, MY X-MEN! D:

I'm mostly concerned because it doesn't seem like we will be able to use Bio Selectors on the mutties. If so, this quest will take forever! I mean, I haven't even finished farming the Memory Mission Quartet yet, and that Epic Quest opened 7 months ago! Ancient One and Kaecilus are 20'd, but Mordo is all 15s w/ 128 bios and Wong is all 15'd w/ 27 bios. I'm thinking that by the time I can farm the required X-Genes to 20 all of the Tracking Mission Quartet for T2s, I should be able to farm the needed Phoenix Feathers and M'kraan Crystals.

The Kree

Banned
I've been saving to build my first of the Dorm / Odin / Thanos trio and today I finally hit 8820 BAM1 and 70m Gold. IDK what to do after the new Epic Mission info, though >_<. It is probably best to go ahead and build Dorm, rather than convert the BAM and Chaos Norn to Phoenix Feathers and M'kraan Crystals. But... TO ME, MY X-MEN! D:

I'm mostly concerned because it doesn't seem like we will be able to use Bio Selectors on the mutties. If so, this quest will take forever! I mean, I haven't even finished farming the Memory Mission Quartet yet, and that Epic Quest opened 7 months ago! Ancient One and Kaecilus are 20'd, but Mordo is all 15s w/ 128 bios and Wong is all 15'd w/ 27 bios. I'm thinking that by the time I can farm the required X-Genes to 20 all of the Tracking Mission Quartet for T2s, I should be able to farm the needed Phoenix Feathers and M'kraan Crystals.

There is another option.

open-wallet-1200-1024x512-594x350.jpeg

So thinking about it some, Wolverine may potentially be insane. If you get him 100% recovery rate, he'll get back 10% of his health every second. If you have a 5sec invincibility @ 50% health obelisk on him, he'll fully recover his health during the obelisk buff. Without native T2 damage, you may never be able to kill the guy.

Definitely invest in Dormammu. We have yet to see the worth of these new characters relative to other native T2s, and like you said, it'll take a lot of time to even get to the point of T2ing the X-Men.

With Dorm under your belt: you get a super fast WB skill all seven days of the week, one of the best WB strikers, the best option for villain ABX, top notch TL character, and a great addition for SL (good villains being so sought after).

There is another option.

open-wallet-1200-1024x512-594x350.jpeg
Not an option, I'm poor.

Definitely invest in Dormammu. We have yet to see the worth of these new characters relative to other native T2s, and like you said, it'll take a lot of time to even get to the point of T2ing the X-Men.

With Dorm under your belt: you get a super fast WB skill all seven days of the week, one of the best WB strikers, the best option for villain ABX, top notch TL character, and a great addition for SL (good villains being so sought after).
I think I'll go ahead and do Dorm. Gonna wait until after the update hits first though. Just incase I need use some of the BAM or Gold for Wolvie's Epic Quest.

I suppose I should also not do anything besides story missions and WBI before the update hits (I really miss the updates launching at 8/9pm ET rather than a 6 hour maintenance starting then, :/).

I suppose I should also not do anything besides story missions and WBI before the update hits (I really miss the updates launching at 8/9pm ET rather than a 6 hour maintenance starting then, :/).

This is good PSA for everyone in the thread. If you're looking to speed through the Epic Quest, DO NOT DO ANY DAILY TASKS PRIOR TO THE UPDATE TOMORROW!

Also for quicker Jean unlock, use your saved X-Men tokens on Rogue, not Beast. Beast is the only X-Man not required for Jean.

Edit: Yay for title change!

Supposedly, we can still use tickets to rank up / T2 the mutties, we just can't use bio selectors on them. If true, then Moby Dicks will have Jean Day 1 by using Mega T2 tickets on everyone, lol.

Watch as in next week's Conquest, we run into an alliance with 6 maxed Jeans.

If bio selectors don't work, rank up tickets are going to take a loooooong time. Nevermind that there's Mags on top of that.
Jean requiring 5 T2 characters is even worse TBH. I'm out of tickets so I'm looking at 3-5 months (depending on how many tickets they give away) anyway.

I guess I'll keep building up my Dorm, I'm at 4*, with 2000 BAM1 available.

Also, am I the only one reading this as "if you get the Mags pack, you'll get better rewards so get in on that early"?

Also, if you purchase the Rise of the X-Men Deluxe version, you can earn additional rewards and have Missions that are only available with the Deluxe package.

-Digits-

Tickets best work on these suckers, but I doubt it.
On some level I don't mind about the bio selectors not working, because most patches I six star the new characters day one and wait for the next patch. I'm not really looking forward to the new mats though, together with the new bios that's a lot of inventory space gone.

The video got me hyped as fuck, these characters look to be really good.

Anyone else excited for Gwenpool's uni? I T2'd her a week ago, so I'm hoping Magneto isn't so expensive that I won't be able to get her uni while it's still on sale.

Also, am I the only one reading this as "if you get the Mags pack, you'll get better rewards so get in on that early"?

That's what I thought at first, but since the X-Men farming missions are repeatable, maybe you just get a set number of bonuses for them from whenever you buy the upgrade.

Anyone else excited for Gwenpool's uni? I T2'd her a week ago, so I'm hoping Magneto isn't so expensive that I won't be able to get her uni while it's still on sale.

I would've been prior to Sproot and Kid Kaiju, but the speed class has a decent set of options now. If there are any skill changes for it though, then I'd replace Kate in my BW team.

Her getting a uniform means the YA special missions are worth running again for her bios.

I'm a bit north of 3k, so we'll see how much Mags costs.

Between rank up tickets, unis, and this pack, I'm probably going to be spread very thin.
I still suck at Speed, despite Kate and Elsa, so switching from Throot or ranking up KK might be worth it. Meanwhile, I look at my T2 Bucky, Falcon, Spider-Man, and wonder where I went wrong lol.
(And Silk but I don't have a great durability with her in AB)

Whoa, lot to take in. I only have about 2200 crystals so probably can't get Mags without spending real money :(

Jean had better be a top 5 character if you have to T2 five (!) other characters to obtain her.
Sounds like she will be though.

So these 300 bio selectors I've saved up are probably going to be useless for the X-Quest? Great. At least I still have a few rank up tickets, hopefully I can use them.

Is Tony's Stash not available any more? Can't see it in the store.

All those selectors and rank up tickets everyone saved up, for nothing lol. They even put up a MRUT sale a few days ago and drained so many out of 2600 crystals. That's some shady tactics man.
Yeah shady as fuck. Burned all my crystals on selectors and the MRUT a few days ago.
Already have everyone fully ranked up so this is all totally useless now...

Burns me even more knowing now that Mags will be a crystal purchase. Fuuuck.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeah shady as fuck. Burned all my crystals on selectors and the MRUT a few days ago.
Already have everyone fully ranked up so this is all totally useless now...

Burns me even more knowing now that Mags will be a crystal purchase. Fuuuck.

Yeah, they're definitely going hard in terms of making it more difficult to get these characters. I guess I shouldn't be surprised they're trying to capitalize on the X-Men's popularity.

I'll most likely use my crystals to buy the deluxe thing, spend tokens on Rogue since Beast isn't required for Jean, and start converting my BM into T2 / Mastery materials for X-Men.

I'd like Gwenpool's uniform, but I'd rather use the crystals if I have to on the X-Men and pick it up later if I don't have any to spare.

edit: Though, some have speculated perhaps the image showing the 5 X-Men to acquire Jean might not mean those specific characters are needed, but just any other 5.

edit2: Looking at the image again, the characters are grayed out, indicating the requirement isn't met yet. The text also says, "Advance the designated character to Tier-2..."
Both of those make me think these actually are the required characters for Jean, and it can't be just any of the new X-Men.

Resized_14.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So I shouldn't do any daily tasks until after the update now, right?

Just bought a Stark's Stash in anticipation!

Yeah, I would wait if you plan on doing anything after the update drops and before the reset tomorrow. Daily tasks will most likely be part of the new epic quest.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
https://news.marvel.com/games/66403/x-men-join-battle-marvel-future-fight/

Interview with Min Kyun Kim, Development Director at Netmarble here.

Small tidbit at the end:
Marvel.com: The X-Men will soon join the ongoing war in ”Future Fight," and players are ecstatic to see some of their favorite heroes join up. But, some will certainly have their eyes on the future, as well. Can you tease anything about what's coming down the line?

Min Kyun Kim: This might be too vague, but some of the upcoming characters are closely associated with the contents of this update. Players should definitely look forward to it.

So, basically anyone, haha.

Sounds like the stories of the Epic Quest lines may have some NPCs that hint at future characters.

That actually reminds me, why have we still not gotten Taskmaster yet?

Sounds like the stories of the Epic Quest lines may have some NPCs that hint at future characters.

That actually reminds me, why have we still not gotten Taskmaster yet?

He didn't accept Strange's bargain and got stuck in a time-loop repeating himself in Battleworld. Poor guy.

I want a playable Taskmaster, even though his model is ugly.

Wonder what this means for upcoming movie tie ins? Homecoming is next month, will anyone care about Vulture and Shocker now they're overshadowed by X-Men?!

Sinatar

I want a playable Taskmaster, even though his model is ugly.

Wonder what this means for upcoming movie tie ins? Homecoming is next month, will anyone care about Vulture and Shocker now they're overshadowed by X-Men?!

I just hope whatever uniform they give spider-man finally makes him useful. What a trashbag character.

Top Bottom