• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

satori

Damn really enjoying this game. Just started this weekend. Does Neogaf have our own clan? If so is there room and may I get an invite?

Has Netmarble ever done character balancing for this? I hope they nerf YJ and Giant-Man, I've been avoiding facing the latter so I don't know how OP he is exactly but YJ is actually ridiculous.

Commodore

Damn really enjoying this game. Just started this weekend. Does Neogaf have our own clan? If so is there room and may I get an invite?

We have two alliances. NeoGAF Capes and NeoGAF Tights. I believe at the moment both are full, but openings pop up about every week or so as players loose interest or don't want to play consistently. Keep a close eye here for an opening.

Roto13

Has Netmarble ever done character balancing for this? I hope they nerf YJ and Giant-Man, I've been avoiding facing the latter so I don't know how OP he is exactly but YJ is actually ridiculous.

I'm not going to be pleased if the Goliath I've spent like thousands of energy getting bios and upgrade materials for, plus 750 gems on his costume, gets nerfed. :p

So I should be using these exp chips like, as soon as I get them, right?

Also, I started playing a week ago, and it was clearly exactly the right day, because I just got Yellowjacket on the 7 day check in thing with less than 24 hours to spare!

I'm not going to be pleased if the Goliath I've spent like thousands of energy getting bios and upgrade materials for, plus 750 gems on his costume, gets nerfed. :p
Yeah that's why I don't think they'll actually do it, lots of people would get mad. On the other hand there's a ton of characters that are not viable so maybe just buff everyone else and don't buff the strongest characters.

-Digits-

Yeah that's why I don't think they'll actually do it, lots of people would get mad. On the other hand there's a ton of characters that are not viable so maybe just buff everyone else and don't buff the strongest characters.

I would much prefer that approach. Make some of the low tier characters worth having instead of nerfing the few good ones.

Roto13

So I should be using these exp chips like, as soon as I get them, right?

Also, I started playing a week ago, and it was clearly exactly the right day, because I just got Yellowjacket on the 7 day check in thing with less than 24 hours to spare!

Might as well. EXP chips are kind of useless after a while, even the high level ones. They go a bit farther if you use them on characters who are in Best Condition.

Finally got my first 5 star: Captain Marvel :)

I think I'm going to stop getting bios for her and getting them for Gamora instead, I'll consider going for more when I've got Gamora to 5* and there's nobody else worth my tokens.

satori

We have two alliances. NeoGAF Capes and NeoGAF Tights. I believe at the moment both are full, but openings pop up about every week or so as players loose interest or don't want to play consistently. Keep a close eye here for an opening.

Sounds good thanks

rexor0717

I think they'll just buff other characters. Merging things people paid money for will be a great way of having people drop the game.

rexor0717

I mean if you buff every other character that's still an indirect nerf to the characters that don't get buffs, but maybe people won't realize that.

Exactly! People will be happy that their Ghost Rider is now a viable character but at the end of the day someone like Yellowjacket is strong for a lot of reasons including having a lot of invincibility. Most characters just aren't going to have that.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I've got my Ghost Rider around level thirty and am fairly disappointed in him so far. I'm just working on ranking him up hoping he'll pay off.

Horseticuffs

Ghost Rider is generally considered one of the worst characters.

I was deathly afraid of that :( So I've got Cap and Daredevil doing really well for me. I wanted a Universal to round that out, should I just go back to Yellowjacket? I've never run across that character in the comics (Which, sadly, is largely how I choose my dudes mostly), but he always did me well.

rexor0717

I was deathly afraid of that :( So I've got Cap and Daredevil doing really well for me. I wanted a Universal to round that out, should I just go back to Yellowjacket? I've never run across that character in the comics (Which, sadly, is largely how I choose my dudes mostly), but he always did me well.

Yellowjacket might do the most damage in the game. He's kinda broke.

Yellowjacket is the opposite of GR. He's the current best character. His attacks are all over-tuned and do way too much damage and make him invincible.

Cap and Daredevil are mid tier characters. Honestly though, you can beat all the content with the characters you like as long as they're high enough.

Horseticuffs

Yellowjacket might do the most damage in the game. He's kinda broke.

I just put him back in and, wow, you ain't joking. He's a level lower than my GR and he's just mopping shit up like nobody's business. I guess I just get wrapped up in wanting to run characters I love.

-Digits-

And bump up the Wasp and Scott shifts.

Yes, please! I'll 6 star YJ in the next few days and my Ant-Man is barely 4 stars and Wasp isn't even there yet. I feel they overnerfed the droprate a bit.

Ghost Rider is generally considered one of the worst characters.

Even after his recent buffs? I want to star him up because I like the character and I was hoping he'd be at least decent now.

I just put him back in and, wow, you ain't joking. He's a level lower than my GR and he's just mopping shit up like nobody's business. I guess I just get wrapped up in wanting to run characters I love.
Nothing wrong with that, I did the same with Captain Marvel though I got lucky that she's not awful. Everything can work but you might have to put in more time to make it work.

Might as well. EXP chips are kind of useless after a while, even the high level ones. They go a bit farther if you use them on characters who are in Best Condition.

The level 5 chips are no joke. A single one of them will take a fresh character from 1 to almost 16.

3O3uald.jpg

Roto13

A high level one, sure. People who are still working their way there can't access that though. And compare time and energy used to level a character to 40 vs. just using 100 lvl5 chips. Not useless.

Can you even get level 5 chips without spending gems on them? I didn't even know they existed and I've been playing since launch.

Just bundles for now. I really do hope they add them as a reward in the game somewhere though. Despite being an order of magnitude better than the other chips, they aren't gamebreaking. It's the only chip relevant to long time players.

Just bundles for now. I really do hope they add them as a reward in the game somewhere though. Despite being an order of magnitude better than the other chips, they aren't gamebreaking. It's the only chip relevant to long time players.
I don't know if I'd call them "not gamebreaking", they're over 30 times as strong as level 4's and even those are really rare. I'd honestly rather have them buff level 2 and level 3 chips as they're fucking awful for leveling anything over 20. I can get any character to 20 within a day but beyond that it's a chore until I have a level 50 to farm higher level missions.

Pejo

So I've been logging in daily to get my rewards and doing Timeline for the alliance, but this game has gotten kinda stale for me. The sheer amount of bios you need past 4* means you're going to be buying them in packages most likely, and I'm really tired of running the same stages over and over again.

I absolutely love the warp into mission thing in the lab. It I'm up to rank 6 on it, and it's been great for leveling up low level guys to around level 20 with completely minimal input.

I think I've decided to give up making good rounded teams for doing content, and just focusing on 6 heroes that I actually like character-wise. Turns out almost all of them are blaster, ha.

My teams 1 and 2 are as follows now:

1- Venom, Yellowjacket, Spidey
2- Star lord, Iron Man, Vision

Star lord is by far my favorite character with his moveset, I actually enjoy watching him roll and zip around the stage, grouping a bunch of enemies and blasting them at once. He's at 4* right now, and I'm always on the lookout for bio packs to get him to 5*. His 5* skill looks exactly like Venom's 3rd skill though, but lighter purple. Hope it hits harder at least.

They really need to increase the frequency of new character releases. Too bad X-men won't ever be released.

Roto13

I'm still hoping the A-Force characters get added tomorrow. Otherwise I have 240 energy in my inbox that I'll be using on nothing in particular. :p

I don't know if I'd call them "not gamebreaking", they're over 30 times as strong as level 4's and even those are really rare. I'd honestly rather have them buff level 2 and level 3 chips as they're fucking awful for leveling anything over 20. I can get any character to 20 within a day but beyond that it's a chore until I have a level 50 to farm higher level missions.

Over 30 times as strong as something that's garbage is why they aren't gamebreaking. Level 4 chips aren't that abundant, and these would obviously be less so. They could even stick them as rewards specifically for things only high level players can reach (like one or two for clearing VS every day). A hundred of these things don't even take a character from 40 to 45, so the amount needed to hit 50 is super high. At level 40, it gives my character just a little over three missions of XP. Assuming they limit the earning of them to 10-20 a week, it's not going to break anything, but be a nice bonus.

I've noticed a lot of people that are rolling with teams outside of the preset combos that come with stat bonuses + special team ability. Is this really viable? This whole time I have strictly been using those pre-set teams for the perks.

I've noticed a lot of people that are rolling with teams outside of the preset combos that come with stat bonuses + special team ability. Is this really viable? This whole time I have strictly been using those pre-set teams for the perks.

Viable? Sure. Of course you'll do better with the best of the best teams, but with good enough gear and rank, you can clear everything anyway. Also you can build teams around some character's Leadership bonuses too, like Ronan.

Roto13

By the end of the month. It updates on Thursdays so if not tomorrow, then probably next Thursday.

So, hey, special missions. Has anyone figured out if it's better to steamroll through the low level versions a ton of times or do level 4 or 5 fewer times because it takes longer?

Falcon to 5* yesterday. Will probably level him and Star-Lord to 45 next.

Almost have Angela to 45 now.

Hoping I get my Hulk and Gamora to 5* before the next patch (so I'm hoping it's not tonight lol) just in case they change over the Token rewards.

I'll have Hulk to 5* by next Monday at this rate. Gamora by next Thursday.

Mindwipe

By the end of the month. It updates on Thursdays so if not tomorrow, then probably next Thursday.

So, hey, special missions. Has anyone figured out if it's better to steamroll through the low level versions a ton of times or do level 4 or 5 fewer times because it takes longer?

Between loading screens, the requirement for you to be hanging over the device and not get distracted, and the missions themselves, I suspect that harder missions pretty much never take so much longer that they're not more worthwhile. As long as your team will reliably not die you should do the hardest one you can.

curb

Banned
I'm a Captain Marvel fan so getting her leveled up has been my priority but man, the bio crawl for 5* is depressing. I've managed to get a few from Enemy Shifters but that three per day from the Arena is not enough. I've only seen bios for her in the Shop once.

Top Bottom