• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Mindwipe

Nuts. Still 57 bios short of 5* Starlord. He's going to be a shit to finish off now.

So they added more Villain Siege guys and... they're all still combat type? Lol.

Venom's new costume kinda sucks.

Edit: Doh, and Malekith as a Siege boss. Fair enough. Still heavily balanced one way though...

rexor0717

Update looks good. Glad villain Siege will be hard again. Most days I have 10 45's left over so the challenge is appreciated. I bet yellow jacket can still solo.

Roto13

I assumed Agent Venom because that's the only Venom with a big role in a Secret Wars series, but Zombie Venom is fine with me.

I'm have a hunch that Villain Siege will reset after the update, so I'm doing it now.

-Digits-

I assumed Agent Venom because that's the only Venom with a big role in a Secret Wars series, but Zombie Venom is fine with me.

I'm have a hunch that Villain Siege will reset after the update, so I'm doing it now.

Good point, actually. I'll do that as well just in case.

The costume list was datamined a while ago. Here's the list for the curious:

Costumes:

Angela - Secret Wars: 1602

Black Widow - Secret Wars: 2099

Bullseye - Secret Wars: 1872

Captain America - Secret Wars: 2099

Captain Marvel - Secret Wars: Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps

Groot - Secret Wars: Thors

Iron Man - Secret Wars: 2099

Kingpin - Secret Wars: Armor Wars

Maestro - Secret Wars: Future Imperfect

Nico Minoru - Secret Wars: A-Force

She-Hulk - Secret Wars: A-Force

She-Hulk - All-New

Singularity - Secret Wars: A-Force

Spider Man - Secret Wars: Renew Your Vows

Venom - Secret Wars: Marvel Zombies

Drayco21

Did I miss photos of all the new costumes? I saw some but I didnt see Venom

You can see Zombie Venom's icon in the Villain Siege menu screen. So, it seems the data mining is 100% accurate:

1602 Angela
1872 Bullseye
2099 Black Widow
2099 Captain America
2099 Iron Man
Armor Wars Kingpin
Carol Corps Captain Marvel
Thors Groot
Maestro Hulk
Renew Your Vows (Black Suit) Spider-Man
Zombie Venom

Means we can also expect something from Union Jack, Juggernaut and Thane at some point, since there was reference data from them in the same update that added data for Nico, She-Hulk and Singularity.

Edit: handidly beaten in the time it took to walk from the dining hall back to my dorm.

Takuan

Still not entirely sure what I'm doing, just leveling characters, but I got Yellowjacket as a freebie (passed on Loki and Elektra) and he seems pretty incredible.

I've basically been blowing whatever I have on skill and gear upgrades since I figure the base materials and cash come fairly easy. Going through the missions at a relaxed pace, and I'm trying to clear the Elite missions once they're viable. Any other advice you vets can provide re: efficient leveling/use of mats for an F2P player? I'm not sure it matters, but my main team is Cap'n / Iron Mang / Yellowjacket. ScarJo and DareDevil are reserves; don't really like either of 'em.

Roto13

Still not entirely sure what I'm doing, just leveling characters, but I got Yellowjacket as a freebie (passed on Loki and Elektra) and he seems pretty incredible.

I've basically been blowing whatever I have on skill and gear upgrades since I figure the base materials and cash come fairly easy. Going through the missions at a relaxed pace, and I'm trying to clear the Elite missions once they're viable. Any other advice you vets can provide re: efficient leveling/use of mats for an F2P player? I'm not sure it matters, but my main team is Cap'n / Iron Mang / Yellowjacket. ScarJo and DareDevil are reserves; don't really like either of 'em.

Gear is the only thing you can use materials for anyway. Keep doing what you're doing. Upgrading equipment and skills is key. Yellowjacket is considered to be the best character in the game.

This is the first update to the game since I started playing seriously on a daily basis (the Ant-Man update was the one that got me to do more than just login). I'm hyped.

Commodore

Some really useful additions it seems, i especially like the fact you can now check each alliance members contribution which will make it easier for the leader to manage active members etc.

Now i just need to hope my own contributions are as good as i think and not end up bottom of the group and get kicked out :p

Going big brother on my alliance team :p

Takuan

Gear is the only thing you can use materials for anyway. Keep doing what you're doing. Upgrading equipment and skills is key. Yellowjacket is considered to be the best character in the game.

Sweet, alright. Will keep on keepin' on - when the servers return, that is.

Drayco21

Update is up for download on the Google Play store. Servers obviously going to be down for a good while still, but I always do love pre-loading the update and looking at the new screens/icon.

92MR5B8.png
Zombie Venom looks sick.

Also, trailer for the update is up.

Tobor

They need to add a way to get the stat boost from a costume while maintaining the appearance of another costume or no costume at all.

Some of these costumes are terrible.

Roto13

This is entirely the reason I haven't paid for that costume yet, despite how much better my Vision would be with it.

Still can't believe how uniformly terrible all the new characters looked in Age of Ultron.

I thought he looked fine in the movie but he's too weird looking in the game. Colours aren't bright enough.

This is entirely the reason I haven't paid for that costume yet, despite how much better my Vision would be with it.

Still can't believe how uniformly terrible all the new characters looked in Age of Ultron.

Funny. I can't praise the designs from AoU enough. Cap in particular has never looked better in any medium IMO. Mind you the way some of the costumes look within this game is lackluster.

Roto13

You can download the in-app update data now, but you still can't play. Probably in 90 minutes if they stick to their schedule.

Drayco21

Funny. I can't praise the designs from AoU enough. Cap in particular has never looked better in any medium IMO. Mind you the way some of the costumes look within this game is lackluster.

Cap is basically just the Winter Soldier stealth suit in proper colors. It still baffles me that anyone approved anything about Ultron himself.

Cap is basically just the Winter Soldier stealth suit in proper colors. It still baffles me that anyone approved anything about Ultron himself.

You just explained why it's the GOAT Cap costume. Takes the prior best suit but adds traditional Cap flavor. Aside from Ultron's mouth, I think his design is solid too. If you've seen the official art book for the movie you'll also see even better designs that for some reason weren't chosen to use for the final version. The MCU artists are top notch in coming up with designs. I mean just look at Hulkbuster.

I wonder how big of a change they are making here:
13. First Clear rewards have been improved.
※ The reward will not be given twice If you have already received a First clear reward.
It's nice that the rewards are getting improved, but if it is a huge change then that's a screw you to their long time players who can't get those drops.

Also, I find it interesting that they don't mention the Token Shop changes anywhere in the post.

Update is live. The new characters are 1 star heroes. Nico is blaster, Singularity is universal, and Shulkie is combat. 2500 crystal packages available to get them instantly to 4* and level 40. Giving out assemble points gives you 5000 gold daily.

Roto13

"Sale ends in 6d 15h"

>_> Are these time limited costumes? I can afford both of the ones I want but I don't approve if they're time limited.

Bad news for costumes. Spidey, Groot, Angela, and Venom costumes are only available for 6 more days. Hope you collectors have a spare 3000 crystals sitting around.

-Digits-

Yeah, I was about to post the same. I can buy all the ones I want, but man if they're actually time limited that's gonna suck for people who can't.
The Ms. Marvel costume is a reward for collecting all the covers. I best get on that asap.

Nice to see that sending Assemble Points (well, 1 at least) is part of the Daily now.

I'm getting a decent group of people on my Friends list that do it daily, but hopefully this prompts people to do it/remember it more often.

Roto13

How how does Battleworld work? I don't want to waste character uses or something if those are limited. First time I did Villain Siege I used all of my best characters in the first round and then I was screwed for the day.

Top Bottom