• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

mreddie

How how does Battleworld work? I don't want to waste character uses or something if those are limited. First time I did Villain Siege I used all of my best characters in the first round and then I was screwed for the day.

This is like a special mission mixed with Timeline, I'm getting wrecked right now.

El_Cinefilo

Maybe I'm missing something but Battleworld seems like bollocks, My first match was easy and I didn't lose one person then my second was against someone way out my league and their Giant Man alone beat all 5 of my Level 40+ characters (my own LV 42 Giant Man included)

Roto13

Just energy it seems. So the new characters are more or less behind a paywall. :(
Unless you really put a bunch of energy towards Battleworld, you might get 5 bios per week. Pretty useless.

This update is pretty disappointing so far. :(

Doing dimension rift stuff for comic cover drops. Hmm.

Roto13

Ugh, I'm going to spend so much energy on random drops if I want to get that Captain Marvel costume. I don't like this update.

I got 2 comic piece drops from 1 mission so either the drop rate is pretty high or I got lucky. Still sucks that I have to rely on getting Dimension rifts to get comics or drop a ton of crystals on it.

Also can I straight up not buy that Captain Marvel costume with crystals? The fuck is that all about.

edit: Why is it possible to get duplicate covers, this makes everything so much more tedious.

Roto13

I got 2 comic piece drops from 1 mission so either the drop rate is pretty high or I got lucky. Still sucks that I have to rely on getting Dimension rifts to get comics or drop a ton of crystals on it.

Also can I straight up not buy that Captain Marvel costume with crystals? The fuck is that all about.

edit: Why is it possible to get duplicate covers, this makes everything so much more tedious.

Each difficulty level of each dimension rift has two or three possible cover pieces that can drop. You can see what they are in advance.

So if you got two different pieces from the same difficulty level, there's no point in doing that level again.

Each difficulty level of each dimension rift has two or three possible cover pieces that can drop. You can see what they are in advance.

So if you got two different pieces from the same difficulty level, there's no point in doing that level again.

Oh alright.

So if I can't do higher levels I'm just fucked.

Roto13

Ok, so I've taken a closer look at the covers and this is what I've learned.

Each cover has 9 pieces. Assembling a whole cover will give you a stat boost and some kind of reward, like bios.

You get cover pieces from buying cover piece chests for 50 gems, or as semi-random drops in Dimension Rifts.

You can trade two cover pieces in for one random new cover piece.

Here's the shittiest part: The Captain Marvel Carol Corps costume is 1) time limited, and only available for the next 31 days, and 2) locked behind four PREMIUM covers. The only way to get premium cover pieces is through the RNG. Either by fusing cover pieces or from the cover piece chest.

4 premium covers x 9 pieces = 36 different cover pieces that you have to pray will drop some time in the next month if you want that costume. If you have the most amazing luck in the world, you will need at least 72 cover pieces to do this, or spend gems. Each dimension rift run so far has given me one cover piece.

I don't like this at all. :(

-Digits-

You can't use bio selectors on the new characters, that's disappointing.
Battle World is kinda weird, no way to choose your opponent and you have to invest a lot of energy to get anything worthwhile out of it. Energy that doesn't contribute anything to your alliance at all. You might not even get anything out of it, if you don't finish in the top 5000.

Angela's costume seems pretty OP. 20% more damage versus Blaster types. Someone in BW used that costume and totally wrecked my crew. I might use my bio selectors on her and buy the costume, if I can't use them on getting the new characters.

I probably have a strong enough roster to hit sub 5k in BW, but I just don't want to spend that energy on that. There's too much else to do.

This update is very underwhelming bordering on harmful.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So who is generally preferable, Daredevil or Spidey? As a speedster, I mean. The game gave me a level thirty Venom for free just now but my Cap is already an excellent brawler. I'm sort of disappointed in Daredevil so far. I'm about to put him on 3 stars but now I'm not so sure if I should continue investing in him. He's level 37 but I got a level 26 Spidey I've been putting resources into I haven't really used though.

Basically should I invest my brilliance stones into Daredevil rank 3 or just bring Spidey up to speed and make him rank 3 and pick up his Secret Wars uniform?

If I needed another brawler that zombie Venom suit looks awesome but, like I said, Cap always been good to me.

They weren't joking around with making VS tougher. I was able to easily get to VS 9 yesterday and just now Malekith 6 nearly stonewalled me. Then Hulkbuster Kingpin 7 destroyed anyone I had left. 5 Star YJ did barely anything to him.

Ok, so I've taken a closer look at the covers and this is what I've learned.

Each cover has 9 pieces. Assembling a whole cover will give you a stat boost and some kind of reward, like bios.

You get cover pieces from buying cover piece chests for 50 gems, or as semi-random drops in Dimension Rifts.

You can trade two cover pieces in for one random new cover piece.

Here's the shittiest part: The Captain Marvel Carol Corps costume is 1) time limited, and only available for the next 31 days, and 2) locked behind four PREMIUM covers. The only way to get premium cover pieces is through the RNG. Either by fusing cover pieces or from the cover piece chest.

4 premium covers x 9 pieces = 36 different cover pieces that you have to pray will drop some time in the next month if you want that costume. If you have the most amazing luck in the world, you will need at least 72 cover pieces to do this, or spend gems. Each dimension rift run so far has given me one cover piece.

I don't like this at all. :(

It's like they didn't even sit down and do the math before releasing.

rexor0717

I probably have a strong enough roster to hit sub 5k in BW, but I just don't want to spend that energy on that. There's too much else to do.

This update is very underwhelming bordering on harmful.

It kinda is. All this stuff is pretty much a cash grab. I like that villain siege is harder, but then they go and fuck up the token shops. Battleworld is useless, but now that they have a Taskmaster character model hopefully he's in development. And the whole comic covers thing is shitty, especially since it's so based around RNG.

If future updates are like this, my time with the game is pretty is going to be drawing to a close. Pretty much nothing of substance was added.

-Digits-

So who is generally preferable, Daredevil or Spidey? As a speedster, I mean. The game gave me a level thirty Venom for free just now but my Cap is already an excellent brawler. I'm sort of disappointed in Daredevil so far. I'm about to put him on 3 stars but now I'm not so sure if I should continue investing in him. He's level 37 but I got a level 26 Spidey I've been putting resources into I haven't really used though.

Basically should I invest my brilliance stones into Daredevil rank 3 or just bring Spidey up to speed and make him rank 3 and pick up his Secret Wars uniform?

If I needed another brawler that zombie Venom suit looks awesome but, like I said, Cap always been good to me.

I'd go with Spidey. He's been a decent character for VS and Arena in the past and his costume will only make him better.
Daredevil isn't that great from what I've read.

Someone did some calculations and Spidey is apparently the 2nd best Speed type and Daredevil one of the worst. You can check that out here.

curb

Banned
I'm assuming that the more cover pieces you fuse together, the better your chances of getting rarer pieces. Otherwise, why not just fuse only two at a time instead of ten.

They weren't joking around with making VS tougher. I was able to easily get to VS 9 yesterday and just now Malekith 6 nearly stonewalled me. Then Hulkbuster Kingpin 7 destroyed anyone I had left. 5 Star YJ did barely anything to him.

Whoa.
Interesting to see how my team fares tonight.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Thanks for the heads up.I'm going with Secret Wars Spidey. I've been going Daredevil crazy lately but hey, a shitty character is a shitty character :/ All my favorite dudes are garbage in this game; Ghost Rider, DD. I bet Doctor Strange will suck ass as well.

I could only beat VS6 reliably in the old one but instead of having 1 or 2 characters left to try and take VS7 I had nothing left to even try and dent Kingpin, it's going to take a long ass time before I can even think about beating him.

Also, the chaos token chest says it'll give from 1-3, but from the 4-5 I opened it gave me singles every time. I was already pissed when I assumed it was going to be random how many you were getting but this is just awful.

I've actually been thinking about spending more time on Marvel Puzzle Quest instead of this and this patch isn't doing it any favors.

rexor0717

They've been pretty good about addressing complaints up to this point, but this whole update kinda seems unfixable unless they completely redo the systems they've put in place.

Spidey is the best speed character and one of the best characters. Level 6 skill, invincibility frames, long ranged stun.

mreddie

THIS is what I was dreading, if you pay, you get higher shots of getting the new shit.

Battleworld really seems unfair especially if all the top players are likely the ones who paid to 6 star everyone and those going legit are suffering big time. Doesn't help those who are likely getting Nico can just simply pay for her.

Timed costumes are bullshit too. The Cap/Patriot costumes fitted because it was the 4th of July but fuck, this seems unfair to the legit players. Also, the new Token system is just balls.

1078.gif

Well Netmarble listen? We'll see but they dedicated a lot to this update and it seems if they might have rework almost 75% of the update to level the playing field.

Hopefully it's not a sign of the future direction.

I can't see them changing too much either if I'm honest, but I don't mind pretending Battleworld doesn't exist if it's going to be a paywall scenario. Will suck not to have the new characters (I want Singularity!!) but I always renew my Tony Stark Stash, so hopefully I can get her eventually.

Roto13

Someone on Reddit spent over 38k Chaos tokens in the new shop and his results weren't very promising.

You can see for yourself here .

Not at all surprising. Of course 3 bios were going to be rare enough that they might as well not exist.

Reddit needs to get on examining the comic cover. I want to know if it's best to get as many pieces as I can from low level dimension rifts and trade them in either 10 at a time or 2 at a time. What's more likely to get me my Carol costume.

-Digits-

So bummed about the tokens, I should have spent my Chaos tokens on getting Wasp to 5 stars instead of taking my chances with the new system.

mreddie

Hopefully it's not a sign of the future direction.

I can't see them changing too much either if I'm honest, but I don't mind pretending Battleworld doesn't exist if it's going to be a paywall scenario. Will suck not to have the new characters (I want Singularity!!) but I always renew my Tony Stark Stash, so hopefully I can get her eventually.

Why not change the 10 wins from Gold to a Bio?

Top Bottom