• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

-Digits-

There's a new event achievement for which you have to clear normal stage 1-5. The reward is a 3 star hero selector. You can select any hero bar the three new ones and you'll receive a 3 star version of it. If you already own the hero you get 32 bios instead.

I used it to finally unlock Angela. I think I'll get her costume now.

Someone on Reddit already 6 starred, full mastered all three new characters. Wow.

mreddie

How is that possible already?

giphy.gif

Yeah that button is on an awful spot.

I hope they fix a lot of the crap that's going on, it's pretty infuriating that they only lowered the amount of characters that you can reliably get bios for now that the token chests are just useless.

I'm giving up on Gamora and starting the grind to Carol 6* instead until they do something about it.

There's a new event achievement for which you have to clear normal stage 1-5. The reward is a 3 star hero selector. You can select any hero bar the three new ones and you'll receive a 3 star version of it. If you already own the hero you get 32 bios instead.

Nice, thanks for this.

Think I'll use it to grab Vision bios. Getting me closer to his 6* upgrade now.

Yeah that button is on an awful spot.

I hope they fix a lot of the crap that's going on, it's pretty infuriating that they only lowered the amount of characters that you can reliably get bios for now that the token chests are just useless.

I'm giving up on Gamora and starting the grind to Carol 6* instead until they do something about it.

Horrible, horrible spot. I almost pressed it this morning too.

THIS is what I was dreading, if you pay, you get higher shots of getting the new shit.

Battleworld really seems unfair especially if all the top players are likely the ones who paid to 6 star everyone and those going legit are suffering big time. Doesn't help those who are likely getting Nico can just simply pay for her.

Timed costumes are bullshit too. The Cap/Patriot costumes fitted because it was the 4th of July but fuck, this seems unfair to the legit players. Also, the new Token system is just balls.

1078.gif

Well Netmarble listen? We'll see but they dedicated a lot to this update and it seems if they might have rework almost 75% of the update to level the playing field.

I'm not happy with this update, but you're not more or less a legit player for spending or not spending money. It's a F2P game and there are development costs.

I'm sorry, but the playing field should not be even for those who paid versus those that didn't. This is the wrong type of game to be playing if you believe that.

Roto13

Just fused cover pieces 10 times, sometimes using 2 pieces and sometimes using 3. Got lots of new pieces I didn't have already, but none that work towards the costume. I seriously don't know how anyone can be expected to get the costume.

mreddie

I'm not happy with this update, but you're not more or less a legit player for spending or not spending money. It's a F2P game and there are development costs.

I'm sorry, but the playing field should not be even for those who paid versus those that didn't. This is the wrong type of game to be playing if you believe that.

I get it if you're paying, you get a edge. I just feel those simply not paying a dime are getting fucked. Funny enough, it's still a good deal if you're starting out and the rewards are still good if you play for free.

I just feel this update put way too much emphasis on paying for shit. I get it, making this game isn't cheap and you gotta recoup in ways. I just hope they don't get really insane with this like Champions. Hell, Alliance still isn't bad with the paywalls. Only issue is that it runs on Flash still.

Roto13

I get it if you're paying, you get a edge. I just feel those simply not paying a dime are getting fucked. Funny enough, it's still a good deal if you're starting out and the rewards are still good if you play for free.

I just feel this update put way too much emphasis on paying for shit. I get it, making this game isn't cheap and you gotta recoup in ways. I just hope they don't get really insane with this like Champions. Hell, Alliance still isn't bad with the paywalls. Only issue is that it runs on Flash still.

I am paying money and I'm still getting fucked. It makes me regret ever spending a dime on this game.

Just tried Villain Siege 7.

Hahahahaha.. Yeah... No.

Seriously, 255k health, huge defenses and more fucking lasers?

Fuck off, Netmarble.

On the bright side, I only have to bother doing 1 VS every day now :)

Missus got caught out with that scummy "Buy again" on her daily Dimension Chest this morning.

That's some cheap shit.

Ah, that makes sense.
Yup, fuck this game, fuck this game, fuck this game.
It was a decent month, I'll play out the rest of the month for Tony's stash and I'm out.

If you're not paying a dime I feel no sympathy for someone not supporting the developers. At least buy the stash ffs.

If you are paying like me and the poster above, we feel fucked and have a point.

Update is pretty trash, as I was looking forward to new characters. At least make them somewhat accessible. Timed costumes are bullshit as well. I'm lucky that I have enough crystals to get the ones I want.

After all the hype, what a letdown.

hitmon

Damn, I accidentally hit the buy again button and wasted crystals. I guess one of the good things about the patch is there are now more chances to get bios for heroes in Elite Chapter 1.

If you're not paying a dime I feel no sympathy for someone not supporting the developers. At least buy the stash ffs.

If you are paying like me and the poster above, we feel fucked and have a point.

VIP 5.

Hope they fix shit up haha..

Damn, I accidentally hit the buy again button and wasted crystals. I guess one of the good things about the patch is there are now more chances to get bios for heroes in Elite Chapter 1.

Extra Bio chances from Elites is great (on paper), though I still wound up with 2/9 Vision Bios today lol..

mreddie

I think regardless if you haven't paid a dime or paid for stuff, I think we all agree having the costumes timed is bullshit. And they need to fix the Battleworld shit.

So after having some time to play and digest what's going on, I have to agree that this update is a disaster. It's baffling how many things are done wrong.

New characters: New characters are added to the game, and are only obtainable through the new mode. On paper there's nothing wrong with that. Then we see that only the top X amount of players in the new mode are even allowed bios for the new characters (well, one character for the time being), and to get there you need to spend all of your energy taking you away from the other modes. This is not only a mess in the short run, it's atrocious in the long run too. Can you imagine trying to 6* any of these new characters without paying money for their bio packs? Oh and they're excluded from Biometric Selectors (that are already extremely limited to obtain as is) and seemingly from other methods of random bio distribution. To add salt on the wound, NM offers up some starter packs for them, but only for a single week period. Not going to let them force my hand to drop $63 on the game to own these characters, which in turn means I'll be denied playing them for what could be weeks or months of slow progression toward their unlocking.

Battleworld: The idea for this mode is great, but why the high cost? Heck, why a cost at all? This should be a limited free entry system like the other two endgame modes. And what's with the lackluster rewards? 1000 gold per 10 energy is an incredibly bad cost/reward ratio. When people are giving a brand new mode a single try before wanting to forget its existence, you know you done eff'd up.

Costumes: Limited time purchases are bad. Period. But throw in a costume that is even promoted as the most highly requested one and you've successfully made your company look like a douche. Funny part is, the four LE costumes for purchase aren't even the worst part. It's the Captain Marvel costume that's going to have people furious. We're given one month's time to put together a handful of comic covers consisting purely of super rare drops. How do you go about getting these drops? Well you farm the mode that costs the most energy in the game or spend a ton of money. You'd need to win the RNG lottery for this costume, and who knows if it's coming back after this month ends. It disgusts me to think of how many poor souls are going to scramble in the last few days to buy as many cover piece packs in the store as possible to find the last bits of their cover collection for the costume. Cover collecting should have been a fun side activity dammit. Why turn it into this stressful rush to finish it?

I was seriously considering dropping some cash this update given how much was added, but after seeing these anti-player practices, I'm out. Warned my friend and he's taking a break from the game himself. Outside of Gazillion and Marvel Heroes, all Marvel F2P games have just become worse over time. Hope NM responds to all this feedback quickly and turns this around.

*snip*

I was seriously considering dropping some cash this update given how much was added, but after seeing these anti-player practices, I'm out. Warned my friend and he's taking a break from the game himself. Outside of Gazillion and Marvel Heroes, all Marvel F2P games have just become worse over time. Hope NM responds to all this feedback quickly and turns this around.

Pretty much agree on all of that, Frost.

Ditto, I fully expected that I'd probably throw another $20/$30 down for this update, but there's no way I'm trending any "support" towards this.

I'm not going to be walking away any time soon, as I'm still really enjoying all the other content/will continue the grind for existing characters, but the new content (as well as the new Villain Seige format) is dead to me.

Drayco21

So after having some time to play and digest what's going on, I have to agree that this update is a disaster. It's baffling how many things are done wrong.

-snip-

I left to go get food with a friend and hang out until the update went through, and installed the game... only the have this cover pretty much my every feeling on the update. I thought this was a Future Fight update, not Contest of Champions- what the actual fuck, Netmarble? And after all the good things I said about you while throwing Gazillion under the bus.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

New characters: New characters are added to the game, and are only obtainable through the new mode. On paper there's nothing wrong with that. Then we see that only the top X amount of players in the new mode are even allowed bios for the new characters (well, one character for the time being), and to get there you need to spend all of your energy taking you away from the other modes. This is not only a mess in the short run, it's atrocious in the long run too. Can you imagine trying to 6* any of these new characters without paying money for their bio packs? Oh and they're excluded from Biometric Selectors (that are already extremely limited to obtain as is) and seemingly from other methods of random bio distribution. To add salt on the wound, NM offers up some starter packs for them, but only for a single week period. Not going to let them force my hand to drop $63 on the game to own these characters, which in turn means I'll be denied playing them for what could be weeks or months of slow progression toward their unlocking.

Battleworld: The idea for this mode is great, but why the high cost? Heck, why a cost at all? This should be a limited free entry system like the other two endgame modes. And what's with the lackluster rewards? 1000 gold per 10 energy is an incredibly bad cost/reward ratio. When people are giving a brand new mode a single try before wanting to forget its existence, you know you done eff'd up.

Costumes: Limited time purchases are bad. Period. But throw in a costume that is even promoted as the most highly requested one and you've successfully made your company look like a douche. Funny part is, the four LE costumes for purchase aren't even the worst part. It's the Captain Marvel costume that's going to have people furious. We're given one month's time to put together a handful of comic covers consisting purely of super rare drops. How do you go about getting these drops? Well you farm the mode that costs the most energy in the game or spend a ton of money. You'd need to win the RNG lottery for this costume, and who knows if it's coming back after this month ends. It disgusts me to think of how many poor souls are going to scramble in the last few days to buy as many cover piece packs in the store as possible to find the last bits of their cover collection for the costume. Cover collecting should have been a fun side activity dammit. Why turn it into this stressful rush to finish it?

Some of these changes sound like what goes on in the flash/mobile game Marvel Avengers Alliance. The best characters were either up for a limited period if you completed a certain number of tasks or collected a certain number of random drops (pain in the ass) or placed in the top 0.5% of PvP.

Yeah, no thanks.

Anyway, so long, Future Fight. You coulda been a contender.

And this (https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3iebza/psa_be_very_careful_when_doing_your_daily/) is just ridiculous. I mean, COME ON. How lame.

Puzzle Quest is looking mighty good right now.

I've peered into the OT before and I was just like O_O had no idea what everyone was talking about. It was like stumbling into a 4Unit Advanced Maths class in high school. Everyone's all "naw man, I got 5 covers on 270+ nodes on 27AP but it's only 23AP! hahalol"

Don't think my casual arse is ready for that game.

commish

I've peered into the OT before and I was just like O_O had no idea what everyone was talking about. It was like stumbling into a 4Unit Advanced Maths class in high school. Everyone's all "naw man, I got 5 covers on 270+ nodes on 27AP but it's only 23AP! hahalol"

Don't think my casual arse is ready for that game.

PQ was fun but I just felt like I had to spend money to have enough room for all my characters. I felt like I had 9 versions of CA alone. I gave it up but my friend played for over a year, and he quits EVERYTHING.

Roto13

The reward for Battleworld isn't actually 1000 gold per 10 stamina, since the counter doesn't reset when you start going for the next milestone. So 700 battles will get you the 700,000 gold reward and also every reward up until that point, including 600,000 gold for 600 battles and 500,000 for 500 battles, etc.

Singularity looks really awesome. Too bad unlocking and upgrading her is complete horse shit.

PQ was fun but I just felt like I had to spend money to have enough room for all my characters. I felt like I had 9 versions of CA alone. I gave it up but my friend played for over a year, and he quits EVERYTHING.

I installed it back at launch but never played it.

Only other Marvel games I spent significant time (and some money) on were Spider-Man Unlimited and Contest of Champions (which is even worse than this)..

The reward for Battleworld isn't actually 1000 gold per 10 stamina, since the counter doesn't reset when you start going for the next milestone. So 700 battles will get you the 700,000 gold reward and also every reward up until that point, including 600,000 gold for 600 battles and 500,000 for 500 battles, etc.

Singularity looks really awesome. Too bad unlocking and upgrading her is complete horse shit.

Not really the gold I have issue with, but the crazy Energy requirement to play (taking away from every other game mode I already burn through all my Energy every day on) and the (lack of) Bio rewards and the system.

She's really cool. Ah well. Hopefully they change something, give the new toons some missions, or at least add them to Shifters or something eventually.

Roto13

I swear after Final Fantasy Record Keeper getting shitty, and now this, I'm never playing another goddamn free to play game with a grind. From now on it's stuff like Pac-Man 256 and Alpha Bear only.

commish

I swear after Final Fantasy Record Keeper getting shitty, and now this, I'm never playing another goddamn free to play game with a grind. From now on it's stuff like Pac-Man 256 and Alpha Bear only.

Haha I recently quit FFRK as well. The only F2P game I still play is Dragon Blaze, which I love. But I have to admit that, even in that game, the gap between p2p and f2p players is growing.

Nice being able to see who's contributing to the Alliance XP now. Will make it easy going forward as people peel away and only do their login daily.

And holy shit at being able to see people's VIP levels on your lists now. I've actually got a couple VIP 15's showing up!!!

Ok, that's not so bad then. Still, like -Deadpool- said, you're foregoing the other modes to focus on Battleworld to achieve any significant milestone.

Looks like a NM GM posted that for next week's Battleworld there will be a limited number of entries, and a cost other than energy. I'm interested to see how that will change things up.

Drayco21

Ok, that's not so bad then. Still, like -Deadpool- said, you're foregoing the other modes to focus on Battleworld to achieve any significant milestone.

Looks like a NM GM posted that for next week's Battleworld there will be a limited number of entries, and a cost other than energy. I'm interested to see how that will change things up.

Crystals for entry incoming. Everything was Contest of Champions.

I can see why people are leaving. I'd say keep an eye out though, NM has been known to revise their strategy.

I'm locked in though. I have too many 6*s, 5*s, and money spent. I'm too close to several more 6*s too...

Woke up to the new update and after catching up with the rest of my dailes that i couldnt finish due to the maintenance i had a quick look around.

Firstly, Villain stage 7 with Kingpin was ridiculous! I could previously almost finish all the villain stages but now 7 just wrecked me. Not only is he brutal but you have to deal with the lasers and the laser gates that go back and forth and they are both overpowered to hell. Just stupid and actually makes me miss Destroyer which says something.

Havent really done anything else new mode wise but from reading here it seems like its tailored for the people who pay a lot instead of any moderate players (Im VIP 2).

Gonna continue playing but just focus on leveling as many characters to 40 as i can while also leveling up specific characters to 6/5* etc. which is what i have been doing already.

I'm not gonna abandon this game just yet but it's one bad update from me really regretting ever spending money on it.

And on PQ: It's fun but it definitely takes a lot more time than this game to get a decent team going, also none of the stuff you can buy is really worth your money imo unless you intend on being a whale.

Top Bottom