• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

-Digits-

Been doing some reading and there's people who spent thousands of crystals on the new covers and haven't gotten anywhere close to getting the uniform yet.
Man, I was so hyped for this update but now I'm just getting more and more disappointed.

I think I'll just ignore Battle World and the covers completely, because they cost too much resources for way too little reward.

Mrcapcom

Battle World is crazy all I ever get is 20 star lvl 60 chars it feels like smh and thats the ONLY way to get the new chars? smh I don't want to leave either but it seems like they made the grind super hard now. I'll 4 star my warmachien and vision and help the alliance but thats probally it :-( hope it improves.

curb

Banned
There's a new event achievement for which you have to clear normal stage 1-5. The reward is a 3 star hero selector. You can select any hero bar the three new ones and you'll receive a 3 star version of it. If you already own the hero you get 32 bios instead.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm now at the point of just feeling neutral about the update. I would have like the new characters and costumes to be a little more accessible but the update doesn't really affect how I've been playing too much. I will continue to try and get my Journalistic Integrity crew up to 5* or 6* and try and finish the main "story". I'm still enjoying it.

Commodore

Battle World is crazy all I ever get is 20 star lvl 60 chars it feels like smh and thats the ONLY way to get the new chars? smh I don't want to leave either but it seems like they made the grind super hard now. I'll 4 star my warmachien and vision and help the alliance but thats probally it :-( hope it improves.

I'm reading people are also seeing them on Flash sales, I haven't seen them yet elsewhere, so grain of salt, but there's that.

curb

Banned
Guys I am new to this and I just want Captain Marvel and Singularity. What is my best course of action.

Clearing level 1-5 now gives you an achievement that yields a biometric selector which you can use on Carol. I don't know about Singularity though.

Check out the top two posts of this forum by the Community Managers:

http://www.mobirum.com/en/futurefight

Seems like they are backtracking on a couple bad issues with this update. Seemingly biggest one for me:

Battleworld entry changed from 10 Energy to 100 gold.

Edit: Also they are undoing the change to the free dimension chest box.

curb

Banned
:( damn. Why do they have to lock away my favorites lol

Gotta make that F2P money. Hopefully they'll become available like the rest of the characters at some point.

We are certain the real Taskmaster is not as greedy.

It also seems we forgot to put the changes in:

Entrance is now 100 Gold and only MALE characters can enter.

Huh?

Commodore

Seems like they are backtracking on a couple bad issues with this update. Seemingly biggest one for me:

Feel like we're going to be getting lots of backtracking over the next month or two. They've been receptive before. But who knows what they'll do. But the player base isn't happy with the changes.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I guess we all should have seen the freemium punch in the face coming. At its core, it's a great game, but the problem for the developer is that, before this last patch, there was *never* any need to spend a single penny. Sure, some of us did, but you could get basically everything just by playing the game normally. And it was super easy to get all of the characters - it just took a while to add stars to them. Great game + no reason for people to spend money = need a way to get players to pay.

curb

Banned
Gold makes sense but male characters? WTF is going here? Also, they still need to balance this correctly.

As MadLaughter pointed out, it could but a temporary event condition. I'm sure they could do female characters only event too. I would think though that if they're trying to get people into this new feature that they wouldn't start by limiting it.

-Digits-

Well, that got changed quickly. Is that why they handed out so much free energy suddenly?
I'll give it another honest try now with the gold cost.

The first condition is already fatal for me since I can't use my only 2 five stars lol. Whatever I'll give it a try and maybe I'll get to top 5k.

I wish they'd just use percentiles like timeline battles, getting more than 5 bios seems utterly impossible if you don't have an extremely strong team.

curb

Banned
The entire point of Battleworld is to have special conditions for who can enter, so the male thing makes sense.

I think it's just not explained all that well. In that blog post, it makes it sound like the new condition is just part of BW now - like the switch from an energy entry cost to a gold entry cost.

These changes are a start. Hopefully there are more coming.

On a side note, the guy at number 1 on the BW leaderboard already has red 5*s of the three new characters already. Check out his profile if you want to see some of the most geared characters in this game (particularly his Spidey, IM, and Cap).

I think it's just not explained all that well. In that blog post, it makes it sound like the new condition is just part of BW now - like the switch from an energy entry cost to a gold entry cost.

Not in that post, but the one about Battle World itself says this "Note: Each week the entrance fee will change, as will the limits and restrictions to enter the Battle World."

galvatron

It's been fun, but I think I'm out. We'll see how I feel about it as the day goes on, but I don't even feel like checking in at all based on playing last night.

Pejo

Man a lot of these changes are bullshit. I didn't particularly like the grind before, but they actively made it worse in nearly all aspects now. I'm not sure if they expected whales to embrace these changes, but it's been pretty universally panned as far as I can tell.

The battle arena was actually kinda fun from what I played of it, but I quickly got outmatched by 5* and 6* mastered units.

They didn't do a very good job of explaining the covers thing. I still don't understand it.

Roto13

Man a lot of these changes are bullshit. I didn't particularly like the grind before, but they actively made it worse in nearly all aspects now. I'm not sure if they expected whales to embrace these changes, but it's been pretty universally panned as far as I can tell.

The battle arena was actually kinda fun from what I played of it, but I quickly got outmatched by 5* and 6* mastered units.

They didn't do a very good job of explaining the covers thing. I still don't understand it.

You get cover pieces from dimension rifts. Completing covers gives you stat bonuses and stuff. You can fuse cover pieces together to get completely random new ones.

To get the Carol Corps costume, you need 36 goddamn cover pieces that can only be gotten randomly by fusing or randomly from chests that cost 50 gems. You need this in the next 30 days.

You get cover pieces from dimension rifts. Completing covers gives you stat bonuses and stuff. You can fuse cover pieces together to get completely random new ones.

To get the Carol Corps costume, you need 36 goddamn cover pieces that can only be gotten randomly by fusing or randomly from chests that cost 50 gems. You need this in the next 30 days.
Yeah I had to figure all of this on my own. They did a pretty piss poor job explaining which is where and how to obtain said pieces to unlock stuff. It's the truth though. I like the changes. But I really don't like how they didn't bother to educate their fan base for said features and changes.

Mindwipe

They're going to have to backtrack a lot more.

Battleworld needs completely rethinking - the issue is primarily on making it a competition against the rest of the player base in a way that alienates everyone but the biggest whales. To fix it there needs to be a limit on entries per day, and the reward criteria needs to be independent of the ranking of other players.

(Also it would help if Battleworld was at all interesting or let people assess their opponents.)

The cover system is complete nonsense as it is (maybe if they did away with Premium covers entirely and reduced Dimension rift entry to 4/6 energy?), and locking away the costumes in the way they have is stupid.

Obviously ruining Chaos Tokens also needs completely backtracking on, not just tweaking.

Pejo

Thanks for the explanation. That sucks for the Carol costume, I really like that one. I think I'll save up crystals for the inevitable cheaper bundles for the new characters. I really like Singularity after playing around with her in the skill preview mode.

The thing I like the least about Battle World is that it's basically a crapshoot, you either dominate or get dominated and there's not much you can do about it. You just pick your 5 and hope for the best, they might as well just simulate them.

Mrcapcom

The thing I like the least about Battle World is that it's basically a crapshoot, you either dominate or get dominated and there's not much you can do about it. You just pick your 5 and hope for the best, they might as well just simulate them.

This!

Its not even like they give you at least something for loosing and taking up your time. And like I said before they always put me up against like 6 star fully maxed out heroes so my win/loose ratio is like 20/1 after all that I'm like ill just never play this mode again but wait you have to because you can't get the other characters if you don't smh

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddamn that's a crapass update. Even my coworkers that I've turned into Future Fight fanboys went like "Holy shit that's bad" during break time.

Lost 175 crystals to the damn chest button too.

rexor0717

Has anyone gotten any bios for the new characters randomly, from Villain Siege or Dimension Warp or a chest?

Not yet, I really hope they're not locked behind the paywall.

Got to VS 9, but I was all out of major character at that point. Game is hard.

This!

Its not even like they give you at least something for loosing and taking up your time. And like I said before they always put me up against like 6 star fully maxed out heroes so my win/loose ratio is like 20/1 after all that I'm like ill just never play this mode again but wait you have to because you can't get the other characters if you don't smh
There's no real reason to be upset. Matchmaking is based on points. They even warn you before you play the mode from the very beginning that you might win a few games (about 2 or 3). It's an app game. No real way to choose your opponents and no true skill based ranking system. It's an app game. Shouldn't have any real expectations to fix this modes flaw.

I couldn't beat VS6 this time :(

I still need to figure out Malekith, anyone know how to dodge that stun? I don't even see it coming and it's devastating.

Whatever it's not like I'm going to use any chaos tokens.

Drayco21

Already teasing the next character on Marvel.com:

Marvel.com: We’ll be back to talk more in-depth about the PvP additions in Battleworld next week, but I’m sure there’s even more on the horizon for Secret Wars and beyond; can you give us a little teaser of what's coming next?

Hongseo Park: Ouch, that’s tough to answer without giving too much away. One thing I can say for sure is that the next update will be a Marvel Universe fan favorite. We always try to take a wide look at all areas of the Marvel Universe when picking our new content. Now, that I think about it, we’ve already updated “Marvel Future Fight” with Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Comics storylines. Hmm...what should we do next?

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/25018/secret_wars_erupts_in_marvel_future_fight#ixzz3jxUPf6Ao

Has anyone gotten any bios for the new characters randomly, from Villain Siege or Dimension Warp or a chest?

Nope. And played a heap of Elites last night (as well as VS1-6), but no new characters.

Missus plays about the same and no new character bios for her either.

FUCK, I just hit that Dimension Chest Recharge by accident. Even after almost doing it yesterday, the missus doing it, and all the discussion here yesterday about it, I DO IT TODAY.

Such a waste of 175 Crystals. Would have been able to buy one of the costumes tomorrow.

mreddie

FUCK, I just hit that Dimension Chest Recharge by accident. Even after almost doing it yesterday, the missus doing it, and all the discussion here yesterday about it, I DO IT TODAY.

Such a waste of 175 Crystals. Would have been able to buy one of the costumes tomorrow.

Kicker, they're taking it off tomorrow.

Top Bottom