• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

mreddie

What about the Bio Selector, though? I've never purchased one, so I don't understand what your post was in regards to.

Bio Selector has you select a hero with 70 bios, you can use this to get heroes you can't normally obtain like Black Cat/Angela but for some reason, you can't use it to get the 3 new heroes.

Just saw this on Reddit:

fTsGwvr.jpg

Probably the only way I can hope to get these characters.

Drayco21

I'm sure Netmarble will add a traditional way to grind for their bios once this event is over, and they start really rolling back all the horrible shit that made everyone mad. Maybe in the next set of Special Missions.

I need to believe this, so it must be true.

Just saw this on Reddit:

Probably the only way I can hope to get these characters.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Been reading the feedback on the characters people have posted and there seems to be consistent thoughts that Singularity is pretty weak (which is a bummer) and that Nico is really good. She-Hulk looks to be solid, but not standout.

-Digits-

Now that Battle World is only 100 gold, I gave it another honest chance. I have 53 wins, and at least as many losses.
I don't think I'll ever put much effort in this again as I find it completely terrible.

Matchmaking is completely random. It's based on your current rating, so you might go up against a team of badly geared 40s or max mastered 50s. There's no way to tell beforehand. You just pick your 5 and hope for the best.

You can't change targets at all, as far as I know, which makes it even more annoying to play. You wouldn't believe how many times I lost a match because I was getting chased and damaged by a character with less than 200 hp and no way to hit him, while being locked on another target.

So far, to me, Battle World seems like a poorly thought out and badly balanced addition to the game.

Yeah to be fair my male team is pretty weak, but I can't even get higher than rank 35k. Funny how the only people that are getting Singularity bios are the people that probably already bought her....

I'm not wasting that much of my time to maybe get lucky enough to eventually get rank 5k and get 5(!) bios.

-Digits-

Found out you actually can swap targets in BW. I still hate it though. I've been at it for a few hours now and my rating is almost lower than when I began. After all that, I may just barely get 5 bios for my trouble. Maybe. What a piece of shit mode.

Found out you actually can swap targets in BW. I still hate it though. I've been at it for a few hours now and my rating is almost lower than when I began. After all that, I may just barely get 5 bios for my trouble. Maybe. What a piece of shit mode.

How do you swap targets consistently?

So the things that are on sale in the shop, is it the same item every 30 minutes for everyone globally, or is it random for every individual player?

What's the best value item to spend crystals on?

I have nearly 2500. I was eyeing up the Giant Man or Ant-Man pack as you get 150 bios and a ton of other stuff, but they expire in a day and I don't think I'll quite make 2500 by then.

The pack where you get 50 bios for three different chars seem good value but they almost never appear in the shop for me.

Pejo

Picked up the Venom, Spidey, and Groot costumes, and that's all she wrote for my crystals. Looks like it's time to farm Groot's special stage to get him above 1*. Goddang do I hate those placement AoE guns though. They're just there to make sure you can't autoplay the stage while you do something else IRL.

Roto13

So the things that are on sale in the shop, is it the same item every 30 minutes for everyone globally, or is it random for every individual player?

What's the best value item to spend crystals on?

I have nearly 2500. I was eyeing up the Giant Man or Ant-Man pack as you get 150 bios and a ton of other stuff, but they expire in a day and I don't think I'll quite make 2500 by then.

The pack where you get 50 bios for three different chars seem good value but they almost never appear in the shop for me.

It's better to spend crystals on costumes than bios since that's the only way to get costumes. But if you're going to buy bios, don't buy the Giant Man ones, he's pretty easy to farm in the special missions.

EDIT: God damn, my 6* mastered Giant Man with a costume and maxed out attack gear did less than 30% damage to Maestro before going down. New Villain Siege bosses are bullshit, for sure.

Commodore

Picked up the Venom, Spidey, and Groot costumes, and that's all she wrote for my crystals. Looks like it's time to farm Groot's special stage to get him above 1*. Goddang do I hate those placement AoE guns though. They're just there to make sure you can't autoplay the stage while you do something else IRL.

Yeah I'm in the middle of ranking thor groot as well. Combining Thor and groot made it so I can finally farm a thorish character due to groots special mission and conbining their abilities actually makes him interesting on a power level. Plus he looks awesome. But those guns make it tougher to autopilot. Letting my rank 5, lvl 41 yellow jacket tackle it while I level up other characters has been a solid choice. But I still have to babysit it, at the level 40 mission.

Yeah I'm in the middle of ranking thor groot as well. Combining Thor and groot made it so I can finally farm a thorish character due to groots special mission and conbining their abilities actually makes him interesting on a power level. Plus he looks awesome. But those guns make it tougher to autopilot. Letting my rank 5, lvl 41 yellow jacket tackle it while I level up other characters has been a solid choice. But I still have to babysit it, at the level 40 mission.

I'll likely look into that after I 6 star yellow jacket

-Digits-

According to this thread and my own findings after spending 24k Chaos tokens, it seems they upped the droprate on tokens a bit from the random chests. I received a lot of double bios and a handful of 3 bios. Even got double bios three times in a row. It's always hard to gauge these things with limited sample sizes but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest a stealth buff.

Roto13

Shit, shit, shit, I just got taken by that stupid "Buy again" button on the dimension chest.

I hate everything about this update.

Pejo

Shit, shit, shit, I just got taken by that stupid "Buy again" button on the dimension chest.

I hate everything about this update.

Happened to me twice already =/.

I caved in at the VIP purchase screen, and got the 30 bio selector just to get Star lord to 5*, my first one. Between his leadership skill and this new 5* skill, he's an absolute beast, and probably one of the most mobile characters. Definitely my favorite in this game so far. I'm thinking of substituting Rocket for Iron Man or Vision in my all-blaster team, just to get the increased attack buff for him + Star lord in the same team. Vision could be relegated to my Universal team if I buy his costume, and replace ghost rider. In fact, yea, I think i'll do that.

Then my teams will be:

Main - Starlord, Rocket, Iron Man
Sub - Yellowjacket, Spidey, Venom
Universal - Ronan, ThorGroot, Vision.

I'm actually kinda happy with that layout, it's got all of my favorites that are currently in the game, with good leadership and team bonuses. Sub team rips up in Arena too.

Roto13

After 40 wins (and a handful of losses) I'm number 4400-something in Battleworld. At this point you get more money for winning than you spend playing, so I might as well just keep hitting retry over and over again while doing other things....

After 40 wins (and a handful of losses) I'm number 4400-something in Battleworld. At this point you get more money for winning than you spend playing, so I might as well just keep hitting retry over and over again while doing other things....

What's your team like?

Roto13

What's your team like?

All with costumes. Rank 6 level 50 Goliath, Rank 6 level 45 War Machine, Rank 5 level 45 Venom, Rank 5 level 45 Spider-Man, and Rank 5 level 45 Vision.

Thinking of swapping Spider-Man out for Rank 5 level 45 Falcon, also with his costume.

Now that I think about it, do team bonuses work in BW? With five characters on a team you could come up with some crazy buff combos. I'm assuming not (and likewise with leadership effects too), but it would be interesting.

Roto13

Now that I think about it, do team bonuses work in BW? With five characters on a team you could come up with some crazy buff combos. I'm assuming not (and likewise with leadership effects too), but it would be interesting.

I don't see any indication that those things apply in Battleworld. Alliance bonuses don't work either.

EDIT: Just lost three times in a row so I guess 3400-something is my limit. Will check back before it ends to make sure I'm still in the top 5000.

Spent my crystals on costumes for Venom, Groot and Vision.
Going to start levelling them up now.

My main team of Hulk, Cap and MODOK have all been stuck around level 35-37 for what feels like weeks now.
I hit a steep difficulty curve on the missions where I can't seem to beat normal chapter 7 and elite chapter 6, and grinding the earlier missions barely levels me at all. I've upped their gear and skills, what am I doing wrong?

Have they caught onto the fact that you could swap Language territories and pick up the extra Energy/Chest bonuses?

Seems like there haven't been any cross-overs since this last patch.

Not that I'm really complaining, as it always seemed like an oversight/exploit anyway, but I'm gonna miss the extra Energy haha

Drayco21

Spent my crystals on costumes for Venom, Groot and Vision.
Going to start levelling them up now.

My main team of Hulk, Cap and MODOK have all been stuck around level 35-37 for what feels like weeks now.
I hit a steep difficulty curve on the missions where I can't seem to beat normal chapter 7 and elite chapter 6, and grinding the earlier missions barely levels me at all. I've upped their gear and skills, what am I doing wrong?

You'll get significantly more xp grinding for characters in the Special Missions than in any of the standard missions. 35 and on is awful for leveling and feels like forever, especially at first, but your character level is probably the least important stat between your rank, number of mastery stars, your gear and your abilities.

Giant Man Special mission.

Takes like 45 - 50 seconds a run, big XP every run, can run the Unlimited and the 10 fixed every time for like 50 odd runs a day. It'll use most of your Energy.

YJ mission good too.

Any of the Special Missions though are still best for XP grind as Drayco says.

I run the 5th level for my 10 entries in special missions but still farm the 4th one for unlimited runs. Doing this is what gets me to 50. It's good XP and great bios.

I run the 5th level for my 10 entries in special missions but still farm the 4th one for unlimited runs. Doing this is what gets me to 50. It's good XP and great bios.

Yeah, same. 5th one takes me almost 2 minutes sometimes, so it's no good for the unlimited runs.

Do the 4th one in half the time.

The game takes so long on loading for me (Galaxy S4 + cheap tablet) that I can beat a special level in ~1.5 min but it takes another 1.5 min of loading w/ the mid-stage changes + pre/post stage. I only get ~10 lvl 4 stages in every Unlimited run.

The game takes so long on loading for me (Galaxy S4 + cheap tablet) that I can beat a special level in ~1.5 min but it takes another 1.5 min of loading w/ the mid-stage changes + pre/post stage. I only get ~10 lvl 4 stages in every Unlimited run.

Yeeeesh...

Just timed it on my Xperia Z3, it's 6 seconds in and like 4.5 out of the mission in loading screens. Plus the ~5 seconds for post-mission summary.

Nothing like 1.5 minutes though, whoa.

Top Bottom