• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Honestly, right now as a completely new player I would probably go with a three star Giant Man, 3 star Ant-Man and 1 star YJ. Use the 70 free bios on Ant-Man and then run the YJ special mission up to 6 stars then move to Giant Man. Even with the nerfed shifter rates you would end up with at least a 5 star Ant-Man and 6 star GM and YJ in a relatively short time frame.
This is not directed at anyone in this thread but just a thought I had.
Yellowjacket > Ant man
Giant Man is a beast

Commodore

Edit: New team packages coming later today:
http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=39489

If you want the new characters unlocked you will no langer have to hunt flash sales, it seems. I think you can straight up buy these.

All that belly aching and they release the new chars in a package the following week. :p I'm actually very tempted instead to snag the Groot/Ronan/Destroyer package. I'm loving Groot, and one of the characters I still don't have is Destroyer. And this is Groot's best team bonus team by far. Debating whether Groot's leadership, (defense bonus for Universals, or Ronan's (half defense, half offense) would be better.

-Digits-

Yellowjacket > Ant man
Giant Man is a beast

I know, but Yellowjacket is easy to farm. After they nerfed the shifter rate Ant-Man has become much harder to farm. If you'd jump start Ant-Man and started working on YJ right away you may just end up with a 5 star Ant-Man by the time YJ is 6 stars. Maybe.

Roto13

Aww, got kicked from the Capes :(

Well, I know I wasn't the most productive member.

You must either not be playing or using a lot of clear tickets, because my bar for letting people stay in was pretty low. :p Like 1000 alliance EXP contributed. I'm honestly surprised that anyone who posts in this thread was that low.

curb

Banned
You must either not be playing or using a lot of clear tickets, because my bar for letting people stay in was pretty low. :p Like 1000 alliance EXP contributed. I'm honestly surprised that anyone who posts in this thread was that low.

It's been a busy week or so and I haven't been able to do much outside of what I consider the basics (arena battles for Carol bios, bios for Spidey and Venom). It's probably better this way. I've been feeling the desire to stop since I'm finding the later grind to be tiresome but the Alliance and my 1600 leftover Stark Stash crystals have been keeping me feeling obligated. This is just one step closer to freedom.

I think I'll skip the A-Force package and wait for individual sales. I only really want Sister Grimm and maybe She-Hulk so it's not worth it. Besides, I still have several other characters I'm trying to rank up, this would only add 3 more characters that I can't reliably farm bios for. Black Panther, Wasp and Gamora are already making things difficult for me as it is.

Roto13

Played stage 5 of the Blade dimension rift, got 8 cover pieces, but of course not the one I need. What a surprise.

Did happen to get he last piece of the MArvel Zombies comic from randomly merging the ones I got, though.

Played stage 5 of the Blade dimension rift, got 8 cover pieces, but of course not the one I need. What a surprise.

Did happen to get he last piece of the MArvel Zombies comic from randomly merging the ones I got, though.

Haha you're a machine!
Must be chewing up some serious Energy.

curb

Banned

I wonder if anyone has actually gotten the pieces for the Captain Marvel costume. The number must be very small.

Roto13

I wonder if anyone has actually gotten the pieces for the Captain Marvel costume. The number must be very small.

Man, I dunno. Are even whales willing to put that much money into it? At least you get something for your money when you even buy dimension chests and stuff. You're likely to spend a ton of money on cover chests and have nothing to show for it. I'll bet you'd get all of the regular pieces from chests long, long before getting all of the rare ones.

I haven't seen any sign of the Carol Corps. costume in Battleworld or the Timeline Battles.

curb

Banned
Man, I dunno. Are even whales willing to put that much money into it? At least you get something for your money when you even buy dimension chests and stuff. You're likely to spend a ton of money on cover chests and have nothing to show for it. I'll bet you'd get all of the regular pieces from chests long, long before getting all of the rare ones.

I haven't seen any sign of the Carol Corps. costume in Battleworld or the Timeline Battles.

It really makes me wonder what they were thinking with that unlock. It seems impossible to obtain - or at least super unlikely - even for the whales.

Commodore

Man, the path to her costume just sounds brutal. I couldn't do it. I would be very surprised to find out next week or in the coming weeks her costume just shows up as available to purchase in the shop. They seem to be going through a rolling availability anyhow.

Like it's not even behind a pay wall, it's just behind a wall that nobody can pass. A whale needs to get really lucky to get the costume, anyone else has zero chance. We're not even talking about anything super powerful or unique here, it's just a goddamn costume(for admittedly one of the more popular characters).

-Digits-

I think making the Carol costume straight up buyable will piss off the people who already spent a lot of money. I don't think Netmarble will do it.

Drayco21

I think making the Carol costume straight up buyable will piss off the people who already spent a lot of money. I don't think Netmarble will do it.

I mean, those people are already pissed that they spent a lot of money and still don't have the costume, so if you're in a lose-lose where you're going to piss a bunch of people off either way, you should probably do the less shitty thing and just make the costume actually available.

Yeah dimension rift costs are scary high. They make damn sure you don't get to play much else.

I have a bit of a "routine" every day, depending whether I'm running Specials or Elites, but even doing one or two Dimension Rifts totally ruins your usage for everything else.

Yup, it's risky now for the people who have dropped hundreds.

Roto13

Three more runs of Blade Dimension Rift stage 5. Still no Carol Corps part 3.

Did get a whopping four fucking part 7's in the third run, though.

5okEynI.jpg

Finally! Thank you, Ally Shifter.

Back to full roster <3

I keep wastingly crystals on continues.
When you've got the boss down to 10% health and you die it's just too tempting to hit continue out of anger and smash his head in.

I've been grinding special missions and have upped my skills/gear as much as I can afford to and I am still finding the story missions way too tough :(

Anyone know if the new uniforms are good?

Throot, Cap 2099, Widow 2099, Iron Man 2099, and Bullseye are must haves for players of those characters. Big upgrades. Hulk and She-Hulk are less game-changing, but still flat-out better than defaults. Can't say anything about Kingpin though as I'm not familiar with him at all.

I keep wastingly crystals on continues.
When you've got the boss down to 10% health and you die it's just too tempting to hit continue out of anger and smash his head in.

I've been grinding special missions and have upped my skills/gear as much as I can afford to and I am still finding the story missions way too tough :(
I feel like it's only worth it to continue if you really want to 3 star a mission and you have no other way of doing that, otherwise I just focus on leveling and ranking up my characters until I can beat it.
Sounds accurate, NM has to think of something to:

1. Make the costume available
2. Make it up to the people that spent a shitload of crystals on those worthless chests.

Roto13

Not surprising. After day 1 I realized that I was never going to get the Carol Corp costume because the odds of getting even a single premium piece are almost nothing. I've just been going after the regular covers. Even those are tough to complete but at least they're doable.

It's definitely a scam. Netmarble should be ashamed.

curb

Banned
Not surprising. After day 1 I realized that I was never going to get the Carol Corp costume because the odds of getting even a single premium piece are almost nothing. I've just been going after the regular covers. Even those are tough to complete but at least they're doable.

It's definitely a scam. Netmarble should be ashamed.

It's kinda of surprising to me because for a F2P game, I think it's been fairly friendly. Sure, there's a grind but initially, it didn't seem to me that they were locking a lot of stuff completely behind the pay wall. This just seems grimy.

Roto13

It's kinda of surprising to me because for a F2P game, I think it's been fairly friendly. Sure, there's a grind but initially, it didn't seem to me that they were locking a lot of stuff completely behind the pay wall. This just seems grimy.

That's just part of the scam. Get people playing because it's pretty good and fair at first, then pull the rug out from under them and put in a bunch of bullshit that people will be more likely to put up with thanks to the sunk cost.

I've pretty much only played two grindy free to play games, both from launch, and they've both turned out this way. It's enough to get me to never play another free to play game with a grind.

This game is actually the first F2P mobile game that I got addicted to after years of none of of them having any effect on me. I'd be very sad if NM doesn't fix their mistake and keeps going in this direction.

curb

Banned
That's just part of the scam. Get people playing because it's pretty good and fair at first, then pull the rug out from under them and put in a bunch of bullshit that people will be more likely to put up with thanks to the sunk cost.

I guess so. It's too bad. The sad thing is that they'll wring tons of money out of people. This just hastens my departure from the game.

curb

Banned

Takuan

I've got 60 free bios and don't know which character to pursue. I know Black Panther is a wrecking crew but man does he look dorky. Who else is top tier? I've got:

Iron Man ***
War Machine ***
Captain America **
Yellowjacket **
Hulkbuster **
Ultron **
Daredevil *
Winter Soldier *
ScarJo *

I've got a good amount of character bios as well; I can straight up recruit Ant Man and Falcon but haven't. I swear the tutorial mentioned something about fusing two to get one that you want, but I don't see where I can do that.

Kind of hit a wall leveling my guys, they're all around 20 except for War Machine, who was free and started at level 30. Advancement has slowed to a crawl. Advice from vets?

Drayco21

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=76&id=40862

We're gonna get some goodies, most notably a free Singularity and 2000 crystals. That's awesome.

I'll probably grab the Hulk and She-Hulk costumes with my free crystals.

That's a cool thing, Netmarble. It doesn't change the part where this update turned this game into a hot mess, but it's still a cool thing to do. Also, got 20 Yellowjacket bios when I logged on today as a GM gift, but without the usual notification or message explaining why. Maybe player base declined a lot more than expected when they flipped the bullshit switch- hope this is just an apology while they work on flipping it back next update.

I've got 60 free bios and don't know which character to pursue. I know Black Panther is a wrecking crew but man does he look dorky. Who else is top tier? I've got:

Iron Man ***
War Machine ***
Captain America **
Yellowjacket **
Hulkbuster **
Ultron **
Daredevil *
Winter Soldier *
ScarJo *

I've got a good amount of character bios as well; I can straight up recruit Ant Man and Falcon but haven't. I swear the tutorial mentioned something about fusing two to get one that you want, but I don't see where I can do that.

Kind of hit a wall leveling my guys, they're all around 20 except for War Machine, who was free and started at level 30. Advancement has slowed to a crawl. Advice from vets?

Yellowjacket is the best character there, but he can easily be farmed later. War Machine is the next best. However, I'd unlock Vision and focus on farming Vision, Ultron, and War Machine bios in elite stages.

The one good thing about getting Panther bios is there is only 1 elite stage where you can find them so 60 free is quite the boost. The bad news is, even if you unlock him it will take forever to get him to a useable rank and the rest of your squad will quickly surpass him.

So imo, get Vision then run Ultron (leader), War Machine, and Vision. That will get you through the game as they're 3 top tier characters. Eventually you'll also be able to farm Yellowjacket special missions. I would check to see how far you can clear. War Machine is actually awesome at that since Yellowjacket is a combat character in the mission (rather than a blast character when he's playable) so WM cleans house quickly.

Top Bottom