• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Went and got SW Capt and SW Black Widow costumes. My first costumes I've bought. Don't really use them, but now I have a reason to. Still it's getting harder and harder to play the game seriously. My forever to be 4* Nico, is amazing but man...Battleworld is the most terrible thing to happen to the game.

As long as less and less people participate in Battle World as time goes on, their metrics will show that the mode is a failure in its current state. Hopefully that will get them to act.

Have everyone in the roster to level 30 or higher now. Slowly getting everyone to their max levels available.

The run from 30-40 seems much quicker; Started on Panther and Black Bolt yesterday and went from 31-37 just with my normal Elite running.

So, it was nice of them to give us the Singularity bios and the gems, but they stopped sending those daily 30/50 doses of energy. Hopefully those resume after this current giveaway.

New three-character bio packs are up. Of note, there's one with Nico, Malekith, and Loki.

Ohhh, that's tempting.

I've just about got everyone to 4 star now, but it'll be the Dimension Rift'ers that hold me back.

So, it was nice of them to give us the Singularity bios and the gems, but they stopped sending those daily 30/50 doses of energy. Hopefully those resume after this current giveaway.

Haha yeah, I'm missing that Energy too.

Only needed 4 Spidey bios for 5* but I've gotten 2/12 in 2 days, thanks game. It probably knows that I'll have no motivation to play anymore if I finally reach it.

Spidey and Yellowjacket at 5* are at 35+% dodge.
When I place Spidey as Leader his Leadership abilities boosts them both to 40+% Dodge.

Ho-ly-shit.

Roto13

Think digitz is the most regular contributor, so my vote goes to him.

I'm always around though if nobody else wants to hold the candle.

It's less about who contributes the most EXP and more about who wants to kick people out when they stop playing and maybe approve new members if we ever actually get any new GAFfers who want to start playing now that the game is evil.

Anyway, you do it. :p

It automatically made me Class 2 instead of Class 1 when I stepped down. That's BS. Also I don't know what classes mean.

It's less about who contributes the most EXP and more about who wants to kick people out when they stop playing and maybe approve new members if we ever actually get any new GAFfers who want to start playing now that the game is evil.

Anyway, you do it. :p

It automatically made me Class 2 instead of Class 1 when I stepped down. That's BS. Also I don't know what classes mean.

Fine doing that (we have been able to do that since you made us Class 1 too).

Class is just access/promotion rights. We've been able to reject/approve applications as Class 1.

Just promoted you to Class 1 anyway so you can see what I mean.

So you're stepping away from the game over the direction of this patch, yeah?

I got 20 Singularity bios today, so I guess not logging in on Sunday hasn't affected me getting the rest of the bonuses thankfully.

6 characters away from full roster! How can I get Black Cat and Star-Lord bios?

trace1082

Neo Member
Hey all,

Recently got approved to GAF and I play Future Fight regularly so I was hoping to join the GAF alliance. The one I was in I was the top contributor and we were level 10 so looking for something better.

I have applied to NeoGAF capes (Wolvertrace), would love to be approved. Thanks!

Roto13

Fine doing that (we have been able to do that since you made us Class 1 too).

Class is just access/promotion rights. We've been able to reject/approve applications as Class 1.

Just promoted you to Class 1 anyway so you can see what I mean.

So you're stepping away from the game over the direction of this patch, yeah?

Yup. There are things I don't like (that annoying VIP package prompt every time I start the game, Battleworld being the only way to get A-Force bios without paying, and even that would be ok if it tiered rewards by which percentile you're in like the Arena) and things that are actually spiteful and predatory (the Carol Corps costume BS, the "buy again" trap after the daily dimension chest) and I can't forgive those latter two things even if they fix everything. The fact that Netmarble would put those predatory things in the game at all, even for a while, is unacceptable.

I got 20 Singularity bios today, so I guess not logging in on Sunday hasn't affected me getting the bonuses thankfully.

6 characters away from full roster! How can I get Black Cat and Star-Lord bios?
Well keep a look out for deals and Black Cat should be a bit easier since she's an ally shifter. Yesterday I saw an 80 bio deal which I could of gotten her to 4*.
Now for Star Lord... that's real tricky. Ever since the update it isn't easy anymore to acquire his bios. Not worth spending insane amounts of chaos tokens.

Hey all,

Recently got approved to GAF and I play Future Fight regularly so I was hoping to join the GAF alliance. The one I was in I was the top contributor and we were level 10 so looking for something better.

I have applied to NeoGAF capes (Wolvertrace), would love to be approved. Thanks!

Saw your application last night and added you, welcome to the Capes!

Yup. There are things I don't like (that annoying VIP package prompt every time I start the game, Battleworld being the only way to get A-Force bios without paying, and even that would be ok if it tiered rewards by which percentile you're in like the Arena) and things that are actually spiteful and predatory (the Carol Corps costume BS, the "buy again" trap after the daily dimension chest) and I can't forgive those latter two things even if they fix everything. The fact that Netmarble would put those predatory things in the game at all, even for a while, is unacceptable.

You're still getting that VIP package?! Wow, that stopped for me a while ago.

Battleworld is definitely a massive disappointment in that it locks out the new characters. Personally I haven't touched it and probably won't as I'd rather devote my play time to Elites/Specials, and alliance contribution.

I still haven't earned a cover piece, but I agree it's a horrible system.

That said, I'm probably a little more forgiving in the fact that the core game hasn't changed much for me and I'm willing to let the failings of this patch slide, provided it's not an ongoing direction.

The VIP package needs to just be in the store. If they want to display it prominently there, I can deal with it, but the constant nagging popup is bothersome. What's funny is that when it first was rolled out back in the July update, it was a one time deal. Now it's a permanent VIP "perk".

That said, I'm probably a little more forgiving in the fact that the core game hasn't changed much for me and I'm willing to let the failings of this patch slide, provided it's not an ongoing direction.

This is how I feel. I'm ignoring Battle World (even if the entry cost is minimal, the time required to get the measliest of rewards is crazy, and my characters are way too weak for any of the brackets they've added thus far) and only bothering with covers as they come when I have spare energy for rifts. The rest of the game is still as fine as ever, and with the extra bio missions they added, I'm actually progressing my characters faster. They've also been handing out a lot of apology gifts of sorts which I will gladly make use of. I'll give them to the next update before I berate them any more.

This is how I feel. I'm ignoring Battle World (even if the entry cost is minimal, the time required to get the measliest of rewards is crazy, and my characters are way too weak for any of the brackets they've added thus far) and only bothering with covers as they come when I have spare energy for rifts. The rest of the game is still as fine as ever, and with the extra bio missions they added, I'm actually progressing my characters faster. They've also been handing out a lot of apology gifts of sorts which I will gladly make use of. I'll give them to the next update before I berate them any more.

I played 10 Battleworld's that first week when they dropped the entry cost to Gold. Again though, I've little interest as I'll never make the award brackets and would rather put my time elsewhere where upgrading characters is a guarantee, rather than futile.

Pretty happy elsewhere and I even like VS now (though I can only do 1-7); it takes way less time than before and is much less frustrating.

Dunno, I still love it and would easily put a few hours in a day.

Battleworld costs 10 honor tokens per go for the current one.

I'm just waiting for them to outright charge you crystals so we can stop pretending there's a chance you can be competitive if you aren't a whale.

rexor0717

Thanks Netmarble for the extra stuff, doesn't make the last update any better though. I won't be spending any crystals on your comic covers.

Drayco21

The actual list for anyone curious:

thankskingpinattendance.png

This'll bring my Nico and Kingpin to three stars, and give me a free Malekith, so that's pretty rad.

Edit: also apparently some new daily achievements are giving crystals now, not just the one for finishing all of them.

They seem really desperate to keep people from dropping the game, but without actually changing any of the things we don't like- hopefully that bodes well for the next update.

They seem really desperate to keep people from dropping the game, but without actually changing any of the things we don't like- hopefully that bodes well for the next update.
It doesn't bode well, if they wanted to change anything they would have done that instead of trying to keep us interested with gifts. I'll happily accept these gifts but if they do keep going in this disgusting direction I'm out.
More free stuff, awesome. They have now given away Singularity and Nico for free. She-Hulk next?

It's funny cause She-Hulk is really the only one I wanted.

It doesn't bode well, if they wanted to change anything they would have done that instead of trying to keep us interested with gifts. I'll happily accept these gifts but if they do keep going in this disgusting direction I'm out.

I think some of you guys are expecting action too quickly. Not every company is set up to patch often like Riot or Gazillion. I fully expect some player-beneficial changes to come with the next patch, but that patch is still going to be the regular monthly update. These gifts are to keep you playing until said patch comes out, not to blind you to the BS they've added/changed (though they're hoping for that too I'm sure).

Drayco21

I think some of you guys are expecting action too quickly. Not every company is set up to patch often like Riot or Gazillion. I fully expect some player-beneficial changes to come with the next patch, but that patch is still going to be the regular monthly update. These gifts are to keep you playing until said patch comes out, not to blind you to the BS they've added/changed (though they're hoping for that too I'm sure).

This is what I was getting at yeah; addressing a lot of the complaints we have would probably be too big for their hotfixes outside of the monthly updates they do, with the exception of that disgusting predatory buy again button move, which really should have been addressed already (in fact, I'm pretty sure I read someone from NM claim it would be dealt with "tomorrow" not that long after it launched... and we're still here)

To me, at least, these huge, extravagant gift events have read as a "things are fucked we know, we're working on it, here's some stuff while we get it ready, oh god everything is on fire"

Nice free stuff and the 7-day check-in event is massive! Wow.. Those 20 Malekitch Bios got me to 4* for him this morning.

Also have all of my roster up to level 9 gear now. So I can move my focus to my main team, slowly getting the level 15 gear grind happening.. Not looking forward to all that Energy spent on Dimension Rifts though.

I'll be gone for a week and not contributing much to Gaf Capes (Rhyze). Don't kick me!

That's it, you're out :p

Takuan

I've got a few guys at 30 courtesy the exp chips they gifted last week. Leveling seems pretty hard now, not sure if I'm doing something wrong but here's my routine:

Run Elites for Ultron & Vision bios
Run Special to exhaustion for Yellowjacket bios
Run Bonus for gold
Run remaining Elites for other characters I care about

I'm at normal campaign 5 and elite campaign 4. Should I just focus on getting through the normal campaign?

Yellowjacket is a goddamn beast. I hope they don't nerf him at all.
I feel like it's inevitable. He's pretty damn ridic and it feels like cheating whenever I use him.

Just started getting into this game for reals, any way to add friends from here specifically or nah? Does this game even have clan support?

Yes to both. For example, search 'Frostinferno' and you can add me. GAF currently has two alliances going right now. NeoGAF Capes and NeoGAF Tights. You can search and apply to either, but don't forget to leave your in-game name here when you do.

Top Bottom