• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Takuan

Yellowjacket is the best character there, but he can easily be farmed later. War Machine is the next best. However, I'd unlock Vision and focus on farming Vision, Ultron, and War Machine bios in elite stages.

The one good thing about getting Panther bios is there is only 1 elite stage where you can find them so 60 free is quite the boost. The bad news is, even if you unlock him it will take forever to get him to a useable rank and the rest of your squad will quickly surpass him.

So imo, get Vision then run Ultron (leader), War Machine, and Vision. That will get you through the game as they're 3 top tier characters. Eventually you'll also be able to farm Yellowjacket special missions. I would check to see how far you can clear. War Machine is actually awesome at that since Yellowjacket is a combat character in the mission (rather than a blast character when he's playable) so WM cleans house quickly.

Yeah, I've found YJ and War Machine to be absolute beasts. I only recently got Ultron and am now pursuing Vision/farming mastery mats. So basically, save the free bios for increasing the ranks of Vision/Ultron/WM and continue through the story. Thanks for the feedback!

Thinking of buying that ~2000+ crystals over 30 days pack so I can get costumes going on. I really like zombie Venom and Femme Captain America, but I'll probably wind up getting Ultron/WM's since they'll likely stay in the rotation.

Roto13

Yeah, I've found YJ and War Machine to be absolute beasts. I only recently got Ultron and am now pursuing Vision/farming mastery mats. So basically, save the free bios for increasing the ranks of Vision/Ultron/WM and continue through the story. Thanks for the feedback!

Thinking of buying that ~2000+ crystals over 30 days pack so I can get costumes going on. I really like zombie Venom and Femme Captain America, but I'll probably wind up getting Ultron/WM's since they'll likely stay in the rotation.

There hasn't been any sort of rotation for costumes up to this point, so I wouldn't count on it.

Stark's Stash is a good value if you plan to keep playing the game every day. It's the only thing that's kind of worth the money, really.

rexor0717

I haven't done the Stark's Stash for this month because the update was shit. Hopefully the next update isn't a RNG cash grab otherwise I'll be done with the game.

Roto13

I haven't done the Stark's Stash for this month because the update was shit. Hopefully the next update isn't a RNG cash grab otherwise I'll be done with the game.

Yeah, I'm on my final Stark's Stash. When it runs out in a week, I'm quitting. That will have given Netmarble plenty of time to fix their BS changes, if they want to, which they don't.

Bummer to see regulars quitting. Don't blame you guys, this update took all kinds of missteps. Here's hoping for a turnaround sooner rather than later to get people back on board.

Got my lvl 50 Yellowjacket to full 6* mastered yesterday. Only need one more mastery star and my lvl50 Giant Man will be maxed out too.

Still need ~65 Bios for Vision 6*, but that 6* team is getting close now, so close I can taste it.

I know that nerfing a character makes a lot of people unhappy

but Yellowjacket is completely out of control right now, it's kind of insane how strong he is. I wasn't looking for a second and it turned out a 3* YJ beat my 5* Carol, that shouldn't be happening. I even had my 3* YJ beat a higher leveled 4* YJ, this character is so reliant on timing his skills that with a little bit of luck you can avoid almost all damage while outputting a shitload.

rexor0717

Spent the 1k crystals they gave me to buy the A force package. Now I'm back to having every character. Here's hoping they give us a better way to farm their bios now.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So what's the opinion on Secret Wars Captain America suit versus the Age of Ultron Cap suit?

Secret Wars gives you invulnerability 15% of the time when hit for five seconds with a twenty second cooldown, BUT it improves Shield toss. Ultron suit gives you invulnerability 25% of the time but no Shield Toss improvement.

Which do you guys use? I bought Secret Wars too, but I can't really tell much of an improvement with the Shield Toss. It's a great move I would love to have kicked up a notch, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing that additional 10% chance for invulnerability.

I know that nerfing a character makes a lot of people unhappy

but Yellowjacket is completely out of control right now, it's kind of insane how strong he is. I wasn't looking for a second and it turned out a 3* YJ beat my 5* Carol, that shouldn't be happening. I even had my 3* YJ beat a higher leveled 4* YJ, this character is so reliant on timing his skills that with a little bit of luck you can avoid almost all damage while outputting a shitload.

Spiderman will end him in no time. Also, look into Green Goblin. They own YJ

Roto13

s8IHeax.jpg

There's a decent chance I'm never going to spend these.

Spiderman will end him in no time. Also, look into Green Goblin. They own YJ
Yeah my spidey does pretty well against him since he actually has some lockdown, I should look into Green Goblin since he's apparently pretty good.
There's a decent chance I'm never going to spend these.

I'll definitely spend them but just might quit right after, It's becoming harder and harder to motivate myself to put the time in.

So what's the opinion on Secret Wars Captain America suit versus the Age of Ultron Cap suit?

Secret Wars gives you invulnerability 15% of the time when hit for five seconds with a twenty second cooldown, BUT it improves Shield toss. Ultron suit gives you invulnerability 25% of the time but no Shield Toss improvement.

Which do you guys use? I bought Secret Wars too, but I can't really tell much of an improvement with the Shield Toss. It's a great move I would love to have kicked up a notch, but I'm not sure if it's worth losing that additional 10% chance for invulnerability.

Secret Wars for sure. It also improves his buff skill by adding a jump back and adds an extra aoe attack after his shield slam move.

Pejo

I could have used those crystals to strengthen my universal team with Thorgroot and Ronan, but nope, I went for the new & shiny and picked up the A Force pack.

I8TDLRq.jpg

I don't recall seeing those in the description anywhere. Those seem like pretty big improvements.

The descriptions don't give the full story unfortunately. Take Secret Wars Iron Man 2099 for example. Here are the unlisted differences:

- AoU IM floats at medium speed just like his default armor. SW IM no longer floats but runs as fast as War Machine.

- AoU IM has the same single hit repulsor blast as default armor. SW IM does Armor Clash punch that closes distance before unleashing Repulsor Blast that pushes enemies back again. You can even chain this much faster with Repulsor Ray -> Repulsor Blast. The guaranteed break is however removed from SW costume.

- SW IM has more damage on Missile Barrage. Nope, not as good as War Machine but still better than AoU.

- SW IM has double the attacking speed with double the shots. 2x2 = Awesome. That alone fixes the whole 'IM shoots slow' problem since game launch.

Takuan

There hasn't been any sort of rotation for costumes up to this point, so I wouldn't count on it.

Stark's Stash is a good value if you plan to keep playing the game every day. It's the only thing that's kind of worth the money, really.

Actually I saw yesterday that Zombie Venom isn't available anymore, so that kind of sucks. On the bright side, I can do buy a costume each for War Machine and Ultron with the free crystals. I'm even tempted to get Captain America's Secret Wars costume just because of how great it looks.

Speaking of costumes, do any of Ultron's options stand out or are they both equally good? I'm leaning toward Mark 3 just because of how baller it looks.

Commodore

I could have used those crystals to strengthen my universal team with Thorgroot and Ronan, but nope, I went for the new & shiny and picked up the A Force pack.

I8TDLRq.jpg

Resisted urge and went the opposite. Better to level established easily farmable characters than to get three new characters that aren't. ;-) plus we're gettting singularity free this week.

Speaking of costumes, do any of Ultron's options stand out or are they both equally good? I'm leaning toward Mark 3 just because of how baller it looks.

The best Ultron costume depends on both the meta and who you're facing. If you're up against of a team of blasters, no real benefit to using Mark 3 for example. Depending on how serious you are about using him, you may want to invest in all and swap as necessary. Otherwise I say pick between Mark 1 and Prime as they counter some of the best characters in the game.

Takuan

The best Ultron costume depends on both the meta and who you're facing. If you're up against of a team of blasters, no real benefit to using Mark 3 for example. Depending on how serious you are about using him, you may want to invest in all and swap as necessary. Otherwise I say pick between Mark 1 and Prime as they counter some of the best characters in the game.

Right - I haven't even thought about PvP as I'm still going through the missions/grinding elites for materials and whatnot, so in that context I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

I haven't used my 3* freebie; any recommendations? I'm considering Black Cat because I saw a screenshot of some dude getting a crazy amount of bios from a normal mission.

Edit: Aw, boo, I can't buy Iron Patriot anymore?? Balls!

mreddie

Had enough crystals and said fuck it, got the A Force pack and with 10 bios of Singularity, now, time to level them up enough while leveling up the mains.

Cross, Jan, Nat

What the hell, I had 3600 crystals and I like Secret Wars 2099. Why not?

"Future Fight" indeed.

The Black Widow costume is actually so good, her dodge skill actually has her dodge when she activates it so the activation is now good instead of having her sit there taking hits while activating. Also her electric skills now shoot red electricity which looks cool :p

Roto13

It's a total scam. The fact that it even exists is a huge black mark on this game.

The Black Widow costume is actually so good, her dodge skill actually has her dodge when she activates it so the activation is now good instead of having her sit there taking hits while activating. Also her electric skills now shoot red electricity which looks cool :p

The red electricity looks fantastic for her rank 6 skill. Too bad I'll never unlock it.

Honestly the default costume even looks better

What a joke of a scam

BTW I really love the addition of coins in flash sales, and by "I really love" I mean "what the fuck were they thinking".

Tobor

This game doesn't run worth shit on my iPhone 6 anymore. Constant crashing, followed by constant spinning load wheels, followed by constant freezing requiring a restart. What happened?

What's even weirder is it runs just fine on my iPad Air. I don't get it.

Tobor

Servers don't explain all the issues I'm having. It runs fine on my iPad with worse specs. Anyone else having the same issues with the iPhone 6?

All performance issues with this game right now are server related ones. That explains why your iPad is running it better than your stronger phone. It's just you catching the server at a better point.

I was busy moving house yesterday and didn't get a chance to log in, now I'm worried I won't get the 7 day log in bonus. I want those 2000 crystals :(

When a uniform is no longer available for sale is gone for good??

I was busy moving house yesterday and didn't get a chance to log in, now I'm worried I won't get the 7 day log in bonus. I want those 2000 crystals :(

The same thing happened to me. I don't remember if I had logged in or not yesterday, due to being so busy. I think we may be screwed for the final day's reward :(

Drayco21

They haven't brought any of them back yet, but I feel like that has more to do with none of the limited time uniforms being old enough to have time for a come-back yet. I'm sure we'll see more of them in the future on some cycle.

Top Bottom