• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Only good stuff in the update, however they're still kinda ignoring the issue with Captain Marvel's costume(also give me a 6* skill :( ) and covers in general.

I'd also have liked if they increased the level caps of lower star characters so the bump from 5* to 6* wouldn't so insanely huge. It's now 40>40>40>40>45>60 when I'd prefer 40>40>40>45>50>60 or something similar.

Edit: misread patch note on bios so I erased part of my post.

Durden77

I think you need to search for the full name like "NeoGAF Capes"

Thanks, found Tights, but I just left my previous alliance and it takes 24 freakin hours before I can join a new one. Only 3 slots open, hope that's still the case after my time runs out.

If I'm looking at these patch notes, it looks like you need bios to level up your gear.

The Ultra/Super rank up thing also has me confused.

If I'm looking at these patch notes, it looks like you need bios to level up your gear.

The Ultra/Super rank up thing also has me confused.

From what my half-awake mind can gather, you need to level up each rank of gear in increments. So to go from
15 to 16, you need to fill that % bar they have shown. When you consume the materials shown, you get either a small, medium, or large percentage gain (the latter two being the super and ultra rank ups respectively). So getting a bunch of ultra rank ups with luck would level your gear faster and save you mats.

From what my half-awake mind can gather, you need to level up each rank of gear in increments. So to go from
15 to 16, you need to fill that % bar they have shown. When you consume the materials shown, you get either a small, medium, or large percentage gain (the latter two being the super and ultra rank ups respectively). So getting a bunch of ultra rank ups with luck would level your gear faster and save you mats.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Unless they double the daily limit, I don't like this change:
- Daily limit is applied for entries for all ongoing Battle Worlds combined.

I like it, it prevents people from dominating both events at the same time, forcing you to either make a choice or deal with the consequences. Adds a new dynamic and improves the chances of players with less versatile teams.

Pretty sure this has to do with the new reward structure. You now get your rewards for participation as opposed to victories. So they cut back on how much you can get total, while giving you flexibility in reward choice.

Durden77

I have a lot of trouble switching targets in this game and it's really frustrating. If I'm attacking one person, I can tap another target over five times and it won't switch, or it will switch to the wrong one. Is there some kind of trick I'm missing? Or does it just suck? I've tried double-tapping and holding but nothing.

I have a lot of trouble switching targets in this game and it's really frustrating. If I'm attacking one person, I can tap another target over five times and it won't switch, or it will switch to the wrong one. Is there some kind of trick I'm missing? Or does it just suck? I've tried double-tapping and holding but nothing.

Are you not playing with analog control?

Well it'll let you switch targets by moving the "stick" toward the enemy you want to hit. I can't imagine playing this game with pure touch control.

Durden77

Well it'll let you switch targets by moving the "stick" toward the enemy you want to hit. I can't imagine playing this game with pure touch control.

I might give it a try again once the update is done. I just hate virtual control pads and since this game is mainly numbers it just doesn't seem worth it. The touch controls work fine, almost better even for the type of game it is, but the target switching is terrible. Ranged game is sometimes hard to use with it too, at least normals.

O__o wat.

5HLOCnC.png

Drayco21

Quake's alternate uniform looks fantastic. Shame Deathlok's still looks like shit- I'll hold off on using him until we get a proper classic one later.

Coulson summoning May is a smart use of that character, well played Netmarble.

Didn't get enough playtime to really judge the new drop rates- got kicked out for maintenance again.

Apparently the Deathlok/Lightning Hipster bio bundle was accidentally giving out Thor bios and equipping She-Hulk's costume made you unable to use her 5th skill.

Edit: Ok just got my three bios for a mission three runs in a row. Definitely reassuring.

mreddie

Knew Son of Coul would be a team bonus, sadly, Lincoln, Deathlok and Sif and the new missions are only available if you passed the games main story.

Ok, I'm getting bios constantly now. No more worrying on that end. Starting to warm up to the new non-limited mission structure. Lets you focus more on who you need bios for most. Just got my second 6* today because of it (Falcon).

So after the update and maintenance my app just crashes at the title screen every single time...

Happened to me too, but only the first time.

Hey guys, try out the alliance battle. You earn a decent bit of money there if you get far enough, and it helps rank up our alliance to earn slightly better rewards. It's quick and pretty simple, looks like one attempt per week. I'm currently the top ranked person in our alliance of the four who have tried it.

I'm getting excessively bad drop rates. Like, 4 bios in about 15 missions.
I do not like this update so far...

I think my drops have been fine, got 3 out of 3 for BP and around 40% other than that, don't think it's been changed. Might just be a placebo/nocebo effect, let's wait for people to figure out the exact drop rates before we raise our pitchforks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I... don't mind the drop rates of story missions at all. Now I can guaranteed get all the farmable bios per mission each day. For me, that is MUCH better than exausting 9 stage runs a day, and sometimes only getting 2 drops. Or none at all from Black Panther's 1 farming stage.

My War Machine will finally be 5 star. Before, I had now Idea how many days I'd need to get the 15 bios I needed. After update, I got the full 9 from missions, and the 6 more I need are a sure thing. Still have a few story missions of old left, need that upgraded power.

The return of more characters to the coin / token shop is also much appreciated.

Yep, hating this change.

Nothing has changed though. I spent over 100 energy last night and came out with an above 50% bio drop rate. Just earlier today I got my nine Vision bios in 12 runs. So unless I'm having the most amazing good luck streak, it's the same as normal.

Well, now that I've been playing for a little while, I'm really starting to get into it, especially now that I have most of the characters I like. Now I have Spidey, all souped up. Hulk too. I love AoS, though and want at least Quake and Coulson. It's tough having a main team when there are so many different characters I dig.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Damn bios dropping like candies for me. I fucking love this update. The new chapters are really cool (and hard), and man the store is epic now. Bio packs after bio packs after bio packs. Really happy to see new people applying for Tights too.

So after the update and maintenance my app just crashes at the title screen every single time...

EDIT: reinstalled the app and now its back to normal

Okay maybe not. Still getting frequent crashes on my iPhone 6. Maybe about half the time I don't get past the title screen. I tried deleting/reinstalling the app and resetting my phone. Don't think I had a single crash before the update. Seems to be fine on my iPad Air 2 however.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Nothing has changed though. I spent over 100 energy last night and came out with an above 50% bio drop rate. Just earlier today I got my nine Vision bios in 12 runs. So unless I'm having the most amazing good luck streak, it's the same as normal.

Then I was having an amazing bad luck streak. I went about 10 runs without a bio which has never happened to me.

What's the benefit of joining an alliance?

Then I was having an amazing bad luck streak. I went about 10 runs without a bio which has never happened to me.

What's the benefit of joining an alliance?

You get a small boost to exp and gold earned along with some stat boosts like crit, crit damage, cooldown reduction, and dodge.

I spent my first 50 energy or so for the day on 3 bios. It would be painful if I didn't need the XP. I don't want to complain too much. I didn't keep track of drop % before the update and with the 4 energy cost, I bet it's all the same. It just feels like more when you fail for a while. Previously after 3 tries I moved on and didn't think about it again.

Durden77

Still waiting on my alliance application to Tights. I'm Bawlseq. Comon leader!

I kind of wish I wasn't addicted to this game again but I am.

curb

Banned
I've had a bunch of crashes during timeline battles which costs me one of my daily 10 attempts. Not cool when I'm trying get Carol bios.

Top Bottom