• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

So I saw this team pop up earlier in Arena -

jBdxeCa.jpg

Biggest NOPE I've done. This is one ridiculous/scary team (my main team has all males >.<).

DarkCloud

Well I applied again...same name as before: Iron Blue Tears. Here's hoping the leader is more active this weekend then and sees it before I get auto rejected again.

My Black Widow is almost 6 stars, and I really wanna test her on whatever that mode that's locked to me in arena is. But with no alliance...

Durden77

This can`t be right. I mean we got open spots, and we need all the help we can get. Maybe your applications get automatically rejected if no one approves them for a period of time. Leader has not played in 5 days so...

Well I'll try to apply again and see what happens. I play daily, but my heroes are still pretty mid-level. (30's). The alliance description says play daily or you'll be kicked. Not very cool leader.

Edit : Can't apply, too many pending applications. Well shit. Guess I'm gonna go join a random one.

Is Alliance Battle not working for anyone else? For the past three days it has said 0/0 entries available, but looking at the points, it seems like others are moving up.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Pondering if I should start working towards 6 staring new people via crystals/sales, or keep buying Sister Grimm/Angela/Gamora bios to get their gear to +20 once I get the damn debris needed. Hmmm. They are my main team after all.

Also hoping we'll get a small event/sale for Thanksgiving. Would be nice.

Durden77

Is best condition glitched right now or something? I have characters I haven't used in days that still aren't at BC. Yet it seemed like when I used them I still got the BC bonus.

MiTYH

Hey all, very new to this game. Is there a tier list or something I can look at to figure out who to recruit? Currently running Iron Man, Spiderman, and War Machine, but I've only just entered the chapter 2 levels

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hey all, very new to this game. Is there a tier list or something I can look at to figure out who to recruit? Currently running Iron Man, Spiderman, and War Machine, but I've only just entered the chapter 2 levels

Basically, every hero is "good" at 6 stars or more, for story mode and villain siege. You can't go wrong. Other than that, from your characters right now, Spider-Man and War Machine are top-tier. Get their uniforms if they come back to the store ASAP. Iron Man is mediocre IMO, but with his 2099 suit, he's top-tier too.

Don't spread yourself too thin. Concentrate on 3 characters, make them as strong as you can, and eventually getting other characters will become a much faster process. Pick 3 characters that complement each other. When you are starting out, you'd be better off using 3 different kinds of heroes. I'd switch one of the Blasters out, for an Universal or a Combat hero.

The best combat characters: Goliath, Black Panther, Captain America 2099, Venom
The best speed characters: Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Gamora, Black Widow
The best blast characters: Yellowjacket, Sister Grimm, War Machine, Malekith
The best universal characters: Ronan, Ultron, Throot, Vision AoU.

I'd say these top four of each categories, are pretty much agreed upon everywhere. You'll get some dissent sure (She-Hulk is up there with the best combat characters (she really is, with one of the best leaderships skills in the game), but that's the top-tier right now.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Really? Destroyer is a top universal? Not disagreeing(I never used him), but I've never heard anyone say that.

I've seen tons of praise for him, even if I don't use him. I think it's mostly because the category is loaded with lower tier characters. I'd say Witch Hunter Angela is probably better, but the rest of the Universal...are pretty weak. Thor, Loki, Ghost Rider, Singularity, Black Bolt, Captain Marvel...They are all pretty bad. Again a team of any of them at 6 stars, fully maxed will melt down story mode. Wait shit, you are right. Throot is god-tier.

Oh yeah, never EVER spend crystals on characters you can get from the story, or special missions. Ever. Except those with only one story mission (Black Panther, Thor, etc). Only ever buy uniforms, and rare biometrics.

My Destroyer is only 4* so I can't say how he is at 6*, but I can't imagine him being anywhere near Ronan, uVision, Throot, or Ultron to call him top tier. He doesn't have a 6* skill, his regular skills aren't that great (except for the stun), his passive sucks, and his leadership sucks.

Captain Marvel is better as she at least has a use. Her leadership in VS as another boost to Blast characters and she's female for BW. Angela is also better due to damage. The rest of the Universals are indeed awful so I'd rank him in the middle.

Warmachine is the 2nd best character in the game (imo). Get his uniform. I use Yellow Jacket, War Machine, and Vision (with uniform). I start off with YJ as lead, but typically switch in WM as he just tears through missions. He can take the last level rather easily and I never really bothered to get his ISO-8 or gear levels too high. He dishes out a lot of damage, has a good life pool, his auto attack hits extra hard, has a break (or stun with uniform), three of his abilities auto track, and l his animations have him gliding around the battlefield out of danger. He's really easy to farm too so your focus should be on him. He will get you through the entire game.

Spidey is great. I debate often who is the more annoying speed character to fight in Timeline Battle or Battleworld between him and Green Goblin. The short cooldowns, long stun, and invincibility frames are amazing. He kind of sucks for auto-battle story mode (Black Widow is really the only speed character I like there). He really shines only in the "PvP" modes. Either way you really only need one carry and Spider-Man is worth leveling as you will do PvP eventually.

Iron Man is good, but a solid tier below those two. Still, all Blast characters are worth leveling. This game has an abundance of popular Combat characters and Villain Siege is full of them too. Having more Blast makes it a lot easier to clear VS. He's better with his costume (but he loses some speed). He's super easy to farm too.

My advice starting off would be clear as much as you can focusing on War Machine. When you can spare the energy, aim for Vision bios too as with his costume, he pulls double duty and is right up there with WM. Save all crystals for costumes for when they come back on sale. Don't spend crystals on energy, arena entries, retries, or gold. Uniforms are limited while everything else is always there or a bad value. Try not to use clear tickets when starting out, you need the shield XP to raise your energy cap.

Another option is dump Iron Man and go for Venom bios. War Machine, Spider-Man, Venom is an awesome starting combo that does well in both Story and Arena. War Machine's leadership is great for everyone on the team and you will hit every type (minus Universal) to gain pokemon bonuses. Spidey and Venom have a very good team bonus compared to the War Machine and Iron Man one. Venom (especially with his costume) is a better Combat character than Iron Man is a Blast. Zombie Venom at 6* is so annoying to fight with his constant hit stun, breaks, and fears.

If you find yourself finished farming the missions you can with those characters and have spare energy, clear the special missions for Yellow Jacket and Goliath (Ant-Man special mission 3 and 4). YJ is the best character in the game and both are super easy to obtain.

-Digits-

I personally recommend Team Pym. Quick to farm and top tier. I've been using that team since they came out and nothing really beats it. The team bonusses are great and Giant Man and Yellow Jacket are top tier for both pve and pvp modes. Ant-Man is probably mid-tier at best and mostly there to provide the team bonus.

The problem with Team Pym is how useless Ant-Man is. He's also not as reliable to farm as some of the better characters. The bonus isn't that significant to replace a top tier character like War Machine or Vision. He would also have to start all over on missions he can't even clear yet.

Been away on holidays for a week (though I was still playing). Back to work now.

Got all my characters to level 40 (or higher) now, just focusing on getting all my 5*'s to 45 and 6*'s to 60 now! Happy days.

Loving the update. New bio system is great. Guaranteed time frames for acquisitions now.

Durden77

Yeah this update is fantastic. After not playing this for months, I'm sucked back in in a big way.

All this character talk is interesting. I can't help but want to level as many characters as I can. When I'm clearing lower difficultly missions, I always try to have a team that's around it's level. If I just concentrated on 3 I'd probably have higher level dudes (highest level guy is 35 Ultron and I've been playing bar a 3-4 month dropout since release), but I have fun. Still haven't finished the story.

DarkCloud

Yeah mine is also sitting in perpetual limbo. I'm about to the point that I'm going to just make a 3rd Neogaf alliance since lord knows when the leader of tights will decide to come back.

Durden77

Yeah mine is also sitting in perpetual limbo. I'm about to the point that I'm going to just make a 3rd Neogaf alliance since lord knows when the leader of tights will decide to come back.

Shit. I just left my alliance thinking this was a good idea and I was gonna make it for us. But I thought the cost was 50,000, not 500,000.

Now I'm solo again. Well if ya do make it let us know, I'd be down to join.

This can`t be right. I mean we got open spots, and we need all the help we can get. Maybe your applications get automatically rejected if no one approves them for a period of time. Leader has not played in 5 days so...

Well, if the Leader has left, then after 14 days another, active, member will be randomly chosen by the game to be the new leader.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well, if the Leader has left, then after 14 days another, active, member will be randomly chosen by the game to be the new leader.

4 days then. Yay!

My application to tights is still pending. :(

It's a shame. Tights have been working so damn great so far. Plus we got tons of bonuses already. Wait the 4 days!

DarkCloud

Well if we have a set time limit i can hold off for a few days...would rather join an established alliance instead of starting from scratch anyways. If after a few days it's still an issue i have the 500k set aside to start a 3rd group.

Speaking with Frost earlier and we both agree that the Alliances need a bit of a shake-up.

Back when Roto started Capes, there was a strict 7-day no-activity kick policy (unless you make it known you're on holidays/taking personal time or whatever) and actively contribute each week.

I'm going to keep a Capes "roll call" of sorts here, with the intent of allowing some of the dismayed Tights players back into the more active Capes alliance, or at least to confirm that there's enough roll over to justify the Tights guys abandoning the dead Alliance in favour of a new one.

So all that said, I'm going to ask everyone from Capes on here to confirm your GAF username vs FF username, with the idea of clearing house and making room for new active contributors.

Capes
FF username ----------- GAF name

Digits ---------- -Digits-
Rhyze ----------- shadowstar
Darthpool ----------- -Deadpool-
Frostinferno ----------- Frostinferno
madlaughter ----------- MadLaughter
AdawgDaFAB ----------- AdawgDaFAB
armorous ----------- Armorous
Sagatron ----------- Sagatron
ChrisRahOsiris ----------- Crimson_Gold
LukeJS ----------- Fright Zone
Fairlane ----------- Orca
Ab4dd0n ----------- Violent_Shin
momotastical ----------- chimster
Wolvertrace ----------- Trace1082
Drayco90 ----------- Drayco21
Transfotaku
Burgerflip ----------- rexor0717
Bamboo Boy
TokyoTom
Dirtyshubb ---------- Dirtyshubb
KapuchinS
Hashtag Downs ----------- SuperDowns
PaulExcellent
SephirothRK ----------- SephirothRK
Minervuez
SileNTMobiLz
MrCapcom ----------- Mrcapcom
Xenocthul ----------- Xenocthul
KePoW ----------- KePoW
GruntOfAction

Pretty sure I have most of the active GAFfers already, but any I missed, let me know.

We've just rolled over into the "new week" so at the conclusion of this week, anyone who isn't contributing significantly, hasn't logged in, or who hasn't added a GAF username above is getting booted and we'll make some room for Tights overflow.

Oh man, you had me thinking that I typoed my name in game. That was a good laugh.

Alas, I'm down with doing some shake ups. I remember us missing a few daily alliance achievements recently that we wouldn't have back when more people were active.

Oh man, you had me thinking that I typoed my name in game. That was a good laugh.

Alas, I'm down with doing some shake ups. I remember us missing a few daily alliance achievements recently that we wouldn't have back when more people were active.

Haha! Fixed.

For sure, don't think anyone is going to oppose this. Especially as we have new peeps/Tights peeps active that aren't able to jump in.

trace1082

Neo Member
What's everyone's thoughts on the new Shield characters? Any that you think are going to be top tier? I have been putting a bit of levelling into Lady Sif as I'm a fan but haven't really given her a good run yet.

IDK about how they will stack up to top tier characters, but I'm enjoying everyone so far. I've yet to play Lincoln, but all of the others' movesets are fun and I especially like using Quake with her comic costume.

On a similar note: Is Bobbi's AoS costume worth getting? Does it change her up enough to make her a worthwhile character?

Durden77

I'm ready to join any GAF alliance whenever possible! So keep us posted on the shake ups. My IGN is bawlseq. I play everyday and try to get all daily achievements. I am also fairly handsome.

I can't even apply to Tights anymore, so I'll just remain alliance-less until there's room.

What's everyone's thoughts on the new Shield characters? Any that you think are going to be top tier? I have been putting a bit of levelling into Lady Sif as I'm a fan but haven't really given her a good run yet.

None are top tier material far as I can see, but they're fairly solid. I'm currently working on getting Sif to 5*, and so far I really like her. Deathlok is really interesting due to his passive, which gives him a massive damage boost against machines (this includes YJ). Quake and Lincoln are also good but not super special (Lincoln's leadership is an incredible boost for Widow/Thor/Throot though). Can't speak for Coulson. Mid to high tiers at best for the group, which I won't complain about.

IDK about how they will stack up to top tier characters, but I'm enjoying everyone so far. I've yet to play Lincoln, but all of the others' movesets are fun and I especially like using Quake with her comic costume.

On a similar note: Is Bobbi's AoS costume worth getting? Does it change her up enough to make her a worthwhile character?

It definitely improves her enough that'd I'd recommend it if you're a MB user. She gets an evasion move on her buff skill and can keep up a lot more pressure with the uniform proc.

I'm ready to join any GAF alliance whenever possible! So keep us posted on the shake ups. My IGN is bawlseq. I play everyday and try to get all daily achievements. I am also fairly handsome.

I can't even apply to Tights anymore, so I'll just remain alliance-less until there's room.

Stick around till next week and see what opens up in Capes. This also goes for the others that looking to get into a GAF Alliance. We have some pretty active members and would love to add more to keep progression going along smoothly.

Top Bottom