• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

This is complete BS. For many, they were asleep and woke up / will wake up to no advertised sale. Netmarble never mentioned this. The damn thing went down not even 4 hours after going live.
It is, I got it in time by accident. It's absolutely unfair to like 90% of the players, I don't know what they were thinking.

Anyway, I'd suggest anyone that's interested to pay attention to the sales so you don't miss out.

-Digits-

It seems the folks over at Mobirum weren't properly informed about this sale either which explains why they didn't tell us about the limited quantity. They simply weren't told.

If I knew, I'd of told everyone. As soon as I found out, I messaged those in charge (it's a national holiday, essentially emergency only) and asked what was going on.

So yeah, I didn't know either.

The event IS aimed at the Korean market as it is Korean thanksgiving. I'm sure when American Thanksgiving rolls around, they will be focused on those time areas (and if they're not, there's some serious business to be taken care of).

I'm more unhappy than you guys are.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
That's fucking bullshit. Limited "digital" supplies? Ha! Everytime they do something good, they fuck something else up in grand fashion. This is infuriating drivel.

Commodore

Man Destiny got its hooks in me again. Taking most of my limited free time. Haven't been playing as much lately. But I'm not going anywhere. Trying to play my daily elites at least.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Has anyone here seen a flash sale of the A-force characters but...alone? I've seen Singularity and She-Hulk pop up but only in packages with another hero.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Sitting on 6500 crystals, and waiting on Witchhunt/Deadly Duo sales forever then. My Nico/Angela/Gamora team will get to 6* in like 5 years! Yay!

Gold is hard to come by? What? I just spent 5mil early last week and I'm back to 2m already just doing the normal routine. There is a reason that flash sale is still up.

Gold is hard to come by? What? I just spent 5mil early last week and I'm back to 2m already just doing the normal routine. There is a reason that flash sale is still up.

Yeah but you have a ton of 5* and 6* so you're able to squeeze more out of things like VS and TU that most players won't be able to. I do every mode daily (check my weekly contribution), and I still can't keep up with ranking up characters, gear, and skills. I haven't even bothered rerolling ISO-8 sets yet. BW is also not a reliable source for gold as the requirements can screw you over toward having a low win rate (making it too heavy of a time investment for rewards).

It's funny you say I have a lot of 5 and 6s so its easy when I'm struggling in BW because I have no good 1-3* characters left! I know not the same thing or what you meant, I just found it funny as this weekend I kept thinking to myself "damn it, why are all my awesome characters at a high rank!" First world Future Fight problems. The blaster one on the other hand...

Rerolling ISO is my biggest money sink right now. I won't bother until 5*, but I'm now thinking of not bothering until 6*. The reroll is brutal to the wallet. I've spent the most money at my current level from this and it's significant. I have drained my gold to sub 100K several times from millions.

I still don't think anyone should spend gems on the gold. If you're starting out, you need to save up those gems and make your gold while farming so you can get all the other things you need (shield xp, bios, gear upgrade mats, XP). Players shouldn't feel the need to upgrade every character. Skills after a certain point are not worth leveling for non main team heroes. Gems are far more scarce than gold and 100-200 gems can mean buying that costume before the sale ends or buying a great flash sale.

My roster is probably way weaker than shadowstar's but I still don't feel like gold is something I'd want to spend crystals on. You're better off saving them for bios or those rank up tickets(which are basically bios).

I started playing another F2P gacha mobile game called Dragon Heroes (most generic name ever, but very fun bullet hell gacha) and I so wish they implemented the beginner stuff in MH. It's too late for me, but it helped me get past the annoyance of starting these games. After completing the tutorial, you can select a 6* character (means the same thing as in MFF) from a large pool of characters and the facebook invite quest (similar to the one in MFF) lets you choose another. It felt so good to start that way. I know it's a lot better now, but its not overt to entice players. They already have the brand to get them to download it, they just need to not scare them away.

-Digits-

I'm deliberately holding back some characters from ranking up, specifically for BW 3 star events. Especially ones I have costumes for, because that effectively gives them another rank in stats. It worked out well for me this round.

Drayco21

Shocking news!: The cast of Agents of SHIELD are now confirmed for the next update

marvel-future-fight-agents-of-shield.jpg

Quake
Coulson
May
Deathlok
Lincoln Campbell
Lady Sif
a new uniform for Mockingbird

Gordon and Raina are bosses.

Sounds like the awful MCU designs are the default costumes, though. Bummer.

HA! Was just talking to my friend the other day who is a Mockingbird fan and we were hoping for the AoS costume if the update was indeed going to happen. He will be super happy to hear this.

Gordon, Raina, and Sif though? Dayum!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I love Agents of Shield but this still just seems... weird.

Why? Gemma and Bobbi have been in game since day one, lots of missions take place around helicarriers, suited enemis always reminded me of Coulson, Thor is there for synergy (lol)... it's A nicebexpansion that they always seemed to be prepared for.

Yeah, it's probably like the GotG and Ant-Man updates where they have certain easily farmable characters and some a bit harder to obtain ones. I don't think they'll repeat their mistake with the A-Force update.

I don't know if I expect them to duplicate the exact same character obtain requirements. They seem to like to change it up for new features. With all the selectors and crystal giveaways, I could see them trying yet more new methods.

I do feel the farmable were most fun though. I'd like it if someone new was obtainable that way each update. New arena coin rewards would help too.

curb

Banned
Why? Gemma and Bobbi have been in game since day one, lots of missions take place around helicarriers, suited enemis always reminded me of Coulson, Thor is there for synergy (lol)... it's A nicebexpansion that they always seemed to be prepared for.

My thinking is that the portion of their audience that watches AoS is probably pretty small. I get trying to cross-promote the show but I would think that most of the games users would appreciate a lot of other potential content before Shield show content. I would think that most of the players would want say, Dr. Strange before Agent May.

My thinking is that the portion of their audience that watches AoS is probably pretty small. I get trying to cross-promote the show but I would think that most of the games users would appreciate a lot of other potential content before Shield show content. I would think that most of the players would want say, Dr. Strange before Agent May.

I doubt the crossover audience is that small. AoS has quite a following these days. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again. I greatly appreciate that this game has characters that no other Marvel game has or ever will have. Sure Strange is a character I'm dying to play as, but seeing them add May and Raina lets this game stand out from the rest with some unique flavor. All the big names will come in time anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Eh, the audience will always love big names, but the company wants to grow brands, not just stay level with the same fanbases. Look at UMVC3. It had a lot of characters pre-and-post movie and tie-in relevance, that are still being pushed now. As the poster above mentions, the game is better by accomidating a wide Marvel base, rather than just the heavy hitters.

Drayco21

I doubt the crossover audience is that small. AoS has quite a following these days. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again. I greatly appreciate that this game has characters that no other Marvel game has or ever will have. Sure Strange is a character I'm dying to play as, but seeing them add May and Raina lets this game stand out from the rest with some unique flavor. All the big names will come in time anyway.

The launch roster having weird picks like Sharon Carter, and Angela, or oddball, random adds like Red Hulk or Singularity are the kind of picks that give Marvel games personality; there's always going to be a huge backlog of B, C, and D tier characters to choose from, and I love seeing those get mined, so even hating Agents of SHIELD like I do, I like seeing characters like Deathlok and Quake make the roster.

I just wish they had comic costumes for default. And that shitty donut steel Inhuman Electro was replaced by a SHIELD character from the comics, like Sebastian Druid or Manifold.

I just wish they had comic costumes for default. And that shitty donut steel Inhuman Electro was replaced by a SHIELD character from the comics, like Sebastian Druid or Manifold.

Having the comic costumes not default is better. That way when you inevitably get their costume to make them stronger, you aren't stuck with the inferior look.

Edit: So wtf, today's super sale was supposed to be level 5 exp chips, but apparently it ended up being a translation error and its actually level 4 chips.

Having the comic costumes not default is better. That way when you inevitably get their costume to make them stronger, you aren't stuck with the inferior look.

Edit: So wtf, today's super sale was supposed to be level 5 exp chips, but apparently it ended up being a translation error and its actually level 4 chips.
woops beat me with the edit

Durden77

Whoa, just turned this on for the first time in months and I've got like 100 biometrics and shit. Cool.

Whoa sweet! And you can send heroes out on missions and shit now too? So you don't have to constantly be playing the game to progress? Sweet! That was the main reason I stopped playing, way too time consuming. Glad I never deleted this, seems like they've added a lot.

Edit : Whhhaatt and co-op? Is that real time or no?

God the AoS update is boring, they're all wearing the same dull costume, yawn.
Doing their missions is going to feel like playing some generic SWAT game.

God the AoS update is boring, they're all wearing the same dull costume, yawn.
Doing their missions is going to feel like playing some generic SWAT game.

Except that Deathlok, Sif, Lincoln, Raina, and Gordon aren't wearing the same costumes. Heck even Coulson is in a suit as opposed to a SHIELD uniform.

Except that Deathlok, Sif, Lincoln, Raina, and Gordon aren't wearing the same costumes. Heck even Coulson is in a suit as opposed to a SHIELD uniform.

I look at that picture above and I just see five regular size people dressed head to toe in black.
In a game full of people with green skin, elaborate costumes and a giant floating head that is exceedingly dull to me.

-Digits-

An event just started where you get a mastery ticket, some gold and dimension debris for purchasing 2750 or 5500 crystals. I hope I qualify because I just bought some crystals about half an hour before this event started.

I look at that picture above and I just see five regular size people dressed head to toe in black.
In a game full of people with green skin, elaborate costumes and a giant floating head that is exceedingly dull to me.

There's at least one character in that list that'll fit with the rest of the crazy looking characters you mention.

Say what?

You get 100 debris and 500k gold and 200 debris and 1.2m gold respectively as a bonus for those two packages. The bonus items aren't delivered till the update next week though.

There are also some new "bundle chains". When you buy a bundle you unlock the next one and so on. The last bundle in all of these chains provides a 6* rank and 6* mastery ticket. Can't see the price on anything beyond the first bundle though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Funny I can see all the bundles in the store, but you can't purchase just the 6* masteries. The last packages are 3750 crystals.

Top Bottom