• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Thanks. So no point in wasting time getting 6 star for those that don't have 6 star skills?

You still get a good stat boost and level cap raise. For characters like YJ or GM that are really strong even without a 6* skill, I'd say it's still worth it. For characters that aren't all that hot, you can prioritize them behind those that do have a 6* skill.

I got a friend into the game recently. He had installed it way back but never really played it. As a result, he received a welcome back gift to unlock anyone at 5*. Who should I recommend he pick?

There are some hard to farm people it'd be useful for, but I think the best course of action may be to get 5* YJ and use that to carry him going forward. For me, YJ was my first 6* (and only current 6/6/60). Without him, I couldn't have beaten story mode and I use him to solo 99% of the game on auto runs while I gather bios / mats and level 2 other peeps.

YJ is super easy to farm though, I'd recommend a character that's unfarmable but still really strong, like Sister Grimm or She-Hulk, he can get YJ up to that rank anytime he wants.

In other news, I can rank 3 characters to 6* and 2 to 5* but I recently spent all my gold on iso sets, this is going to be a rough grind.

Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Silk coming next update. Sorry Drayco, noKaine4u.

H9QvExz.png

And FINALLY the classic Ms. Marvel uniform we've all been waiting for, along with Gamora and Nico (?) ones too.

NQeToxr.png

Sounds like it may be a while before this patch hits.

CM NightNurse said:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Regarding the current leaks and screenshots that are lurking around on here and other sites, Yes, they are real. We are currently preparing all of this in the new update, but it is most definitely not ready to launch yet. We are still developing, balancing and working stuff out, and this video came incredibly early in the process.

We will be releasing more information in the coming weeks, as we get more and more finalized content that will make its way into the update.

In the meantime, we would greatly appreciate your understanding during this time. As far as "rumors" go, take them with a pinch of salt as nothing is yet finalized.

This is a pretty great game, but man boosting the crystals from 750 to 1250 just plain sucks. On the upside, at least all the costumes are available now..but ugh. The grind is real to get crystals.

Drayco21

I thought you liked Silk.

Her ongoing is pretty good, but six solid issues don't redeem how awful she is whenever Slott's writing her (which has been the vast majority of the time). I guess at least she's got at least one book she can show up in that's not awful- that's more than Miles can say.

Anya best spider lady.

Takuan

I got a free 5*; not sure if I should use it to upgrade one of my existing guys or use it on a brand new dude. I can't get She Hulk / Sister Grimm and presumably anyone else who was in that update, so who do you guys recommend? For some reason all of the Agents of Shield guys are available to me.

Dalek

I'm trying to get back into this game and I feel overwhelmed by everything.

How do I get 6 star characters? What I'm mostly doing now is letting my lower level characters just auto-play the earlier levels so I can farm the biometrics-like Captain America so I can enhance him.

I got a free 5*; not sure if I should use it to upgrade one of my existing guys or use it on a brand new dude. I can't get She Hulk / Sister Grimm and presumably anyone else who was in that update, so who do you guys recommend? For some reason all of the Agents of Shield guys are available to me.

Use it on someone like YJ or GM if you don't already have them ranked up so they can be your carry.

I'm trying to get back into this game and I feel overwhelmed by everything.

How do I get 6 star characters? What I'm mostly doing now is letting my lower level characters just auto-play the earlier levels so I can farm the biometrics-like Captain America so I can enhance him.

You just need a ton of bios for 6*.

Takuan

Use it on someone like YJ or GM if you don't already have them ranked up so they can be your carry.

You just need a ton of bios for 6*.

K I was leaning toward GM just because I haven't unlocked him yet and everyone else is pretty farmable. I don't know if I'll ever get there because the farming required is nuts to me, but it's better "value" than just upgrading an existing guy to 5*. Thanks.

DarkCloud

I hope to god those Spider-Folk are actual characters and not just costume swaps as there's no way I could afford 6 new costumes anytime soon. And I just know I'll wind up wanting them all when they hit.

Drayco21

Woohoo, my first 6*, YJ.

I did the same yesterday, and it's great finally having a 6*...

But now I feel kinda lost. Spider-Man, Giant-Man, Ultron, and Ms. Marvel are all 5*, but the road to 6 feels so far away. Spidey's at least 70/320, I should probably move to focusing on him in story, and Giant Man (21/320) for my Special Mission bios.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
is there a way to select and sell more than 1 ISO-8 at a time? I have lots of ISO-8 to sell but its tedious to sell them one by one. They are choking up my inventory slot very fast.

Should I expand my inventory slot?

is there a way to select and sell more than 1 ISO-8 at a time? I have lots of ISO-8 to sell but its tedious to sell them one by one. They are choking up my inventory slot very fast.

Should I expand my inventory slot?
You could just combine them, it'll cost a small amount of gold but it's a better option than expanding your inventory.

Yeah, don't repeat my mistake. I sold a couple hundred before reading up on the ISO upgrade system. Now I'm working on my first five star gems. They get expensive, but you want them upgraded long term for your "main" characters. I do advise leaving them unequipped while you upgrade, in case a roll doesn't turn out the way you want. That way you can still put it on a character the stats support.

For the record, gold ends up being the biggest limitation in this game. Skills and gear end up costing a fortune at higher levels, and that's before considering the millions that rolling ISOs will cost. I leveled Jessica Jones from 55 to 56 last night and immediately dropped close to 500k for one level of skills. Crazy.

Gold? If you're max rank and use all of your energy farming bios, gold is plentiful. Dimension debris is the biggest limiting factor since one of the ways to get it (rifts) drains energy which therefore drains gold and bios.

Gold? If you're max rank and use all of your energy farming bios, gold is plentiful. Dimension debris is the biggest limiting factor since one of the ways to get it (rifts) drains energy which therefore drains gold and bios.

I have almost 2,500 dimension debris. No clue how that becomes rare...not doubting you, just haven't experienced anything close to a shortage there.

Kepow did tell me that I'm wasting gold taking skills past 20-30 range, which is a first heard for me.

It's because skills become extremely expensive and it's basically not worth your gold at a certain point(20-30). Also, if you do the math, the more points you put into a skill, the less it's worth. So essentially you keep paying more for less.

What I do is up all skills to 20(25 for mains) and then put in more points in the best skills. So for Black Widow I don't bother putting in a lot of points in her guns and 5* skill and put in more points in her electric skills that are actually useful.

Even then though I don't think I'll ever go past 40 unless I've done literally everything else, there's better ways to spend your gold.

Madness. It makes sense. This game explains nothing, and that is so counterintuitive to what I expect to happen when I max out abilities. A level 60 skill should be orders of magnitude more powerful than a 30 skill, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

I have almost 2,500 dimension debris. No clue how that becomes rare...not doubting you, just haven't experienced anything close to a shortage there.

Kepow did tell me that I'm wasting gold taking skills past 20-30 range, which is a first heard for me.

Gaddam son!

I s'pose I don't really do DR's any more, but even back when I was trying to get ahead on the Debris side, I always chewed through that like crazy.

Gaddam son!

I s'pose I don't really do DR's any more, but even back when I was trying to get ahead on the Debris side, I always chewed through that like crazy.

I literally don't know what it's used for...would gladly toss 500 your way if I could. I guess I haven't advanced whatever grinding mechanism far enough for them to be used.

Drayco21

I literally don't know what it's used for...would gladly toss 500 your way if I could. I guess I haven't advanced whatever grinding mechanism far enough for them to be used.

You start using it (in increments of 25) for each time you upgrade a piece of gear past level 9- and it burns up fast.

You start using it (in increments of 25) for each time you upgrade a piece of gear past level 9- and it burns up fast.

Guess I have used them then without realizing. I only have gear that high on two, maybe three characters.

What is the sweet spot to stop leveling up gear? 10? 15?

Durden77

Eh none of those characters really appeal to me. I just want Dr. Strange to release dammit. I still have 2 100× bio selectors that I'm saving for a new character I really want.

Sometimes I realize how much of a shame it is that Marvel os being so stingy with the X-men and F4. Just feels like it's missing something sometimes, especially when they're scraping the barrel for these obscure characters and we don't even have Wolvie or Doctor Doom. I would kill to have Doom in this game fuck.

rexor0717

I feel like Ultron's 6 star attack is the only attack in the game really worth maxing out. The way it scales does so much damage, it's absurd.

I'm with you on Strange. All my other favorites are already in the game (Daredevil, Punisher, and Iron Fist). Shame that two of them are pretty weak.

I wouldn't even bother past 20 unless you're going to invest heavily in the character. Only take buff and summon skills to max.

Guess I have used them then without realizing. I only have gear that high on two, maybe three characters.

What is the sweet spot to stop leveling up gear? 10? 15?

I think 9 is a great place to stop for most characters. 12 if you want to use the character seriously, and only go higher if you're going to fully commit.

Xion385

Hey GAF, it's been a while since I played and I received a package to get a free 5* character. I left right before Battleworld, so I'm not familiar who the God Tier characters are. I'm not able to redeem the A Force characters with it.

Any recommendations? My two 5* so far are Goliath and Yellowjacket. I was thinking of using it in Ant-Man so I can keep Team Pym going but apparently Giant-Man isn't the top guy anymore.

Top Bottom