• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Durden77

As cool as the options are that this game has for auto play, I still really wish there was a way it could run in the background. Leaving my phone basically unusable for an hour each day to do 2 special mission unlimited runs is fucking stupid. And that doesn't even count all the time I spend doing other stuff in the game. It just demands so much from your phone.

Hey GAF, it's been a while since I played and I received a package to get a free 5* character. I left right before Battleworld, so I'm not familiar who the God Tier characters are. I'm not able to redeem the A Force characters with it.

Any recommendations? My two 5* so far are Goliath and Yellowjacket. I was thinking of using it in Ant-Man so I can keep Team Pym going but apparently Giant-Man isn't the top guy anymore.

Ant-Man isn't a bad choice because he's very hard to farm, and he's pretty good at 5*.

I would suggest to just go with a character you like and is not the easiest to farm. Using it on someone like Ultron or Iron Man would be a bit of a waste because you can already get so many daily bios from them. I used mine on Hulk and I can't say i regret it.

Eh none of those characters really appeal to me. I just want Dr. Strange to release dammit. I still have 2 100× bio selectors that I'm saving for a new character I really want.

Sometimes I realize how much of a shame it is that Marvel os being so stingy with the X-men and F4. Just feels like it's missing something sometimes, especially when they're scraping the barrel for these obscure characters and we don't even have Wolvie or Doctor Doom. I would kill to have Doom in this game fuck.

Dr Strange is in the game?

Drayco21

Dr Strange is in the game?

In-game assets including a portrait and a character model were data-mined, alongside the Enchantress and Sandman, around the same time as the Ant-Man update months ago. It's really weird we haven't seen them make it into the game since then.

In-game assets including a portrait and a character model were data-mined, alongside the Enchantress and Sandman, around the same time as the Ant-Man update months ago. It's really weird we haven't seen them make it into the game since then.

Strange might be delayed until the movie comes out, it'd make sense anyway.

is there an ISO upgrade guide around? I have no idea how it all works

ISOs can be enhanced by consuming other ISOs and gain up to five bonus levels. Once you have two ISOs of the same color at bonus level five, you can combine them and the rank of the ISO goes up one (the stat you get from the new ISO is random btw). You can do this with ISOs up to six ranks, where they have a red border.

Is this game popular? How's it holding up against Contest of Champions?
I know it's unlikely but I hope they pull whatever strings they have to to get X-Men/FF characters in this.

Drayco21

Is there a reason why there is no Xmen in Future Fight, but there is in the other game? (Contest of Champions?)

According to the developers of Mighty Marvel Heroes, Marvel is only licensing out the non-X-Men/FF characters right now. Contest of Champions, like Marvel Heroes, released a good while before this, so their contract likely extends to include them. Future Fight, being more recent, likely does not.

Marvel seems to be relaxing on this a bit though- there's a whole series of X-Men figures coming alongside the Captain America: Civil War figures next year, they've announced they're allowing Deadpool merchandise to happen to capitalize on the movie next year, and there's data mined files in this game for Juggernaut.

Durden77

Marvel seems to be relaxing on this a bit though- there's a whole series of X-Men figures coming alongside the Captain America: Civil War figures next year, they've announced they're allowing Deadpool merchandise to happen to capitalize on the movie next year, and there's data mined files in this game for Juggernaut.

Really? Never heard that.

Ugh I would be so happy if they let X men and F4 in this. It's so frustrating.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Really? Never heard that.

Ugh I would be so happy if they let X men and F4 in this. It's so frustrating.

Just a portrait, as far as the Juggernaut goes, though hope springs eternal. (Also Union Jack, Enchantress, Sandman and Dr. Strange? Plus upcoming Gwen!Spider-Woman plus Silk plus Miles!Spider-Man? This game's got unreleased content for days!)

It'd be very cool if they finally released X-Men characters, even though the roster will become insanely huge.

Wolverine
Storm
Cyclops
Nightstalker
Cyclops
Psylocke
Magneto
Mystique
Gambit
Rogue
Kitty Pride
X-23
Jean Grey

And I'm still missing a ton, I'd almost want them to remove some of the more unpopular characters but that wouldn't be fair to he people that own them I guess.

I don't think the roster can ever be too big for this really, if you don't like a character just don't use them.

God I hope that Juggernaut rumour is true, he's my most wanted character in this, but that portrait style doesn't really gel with the rest.

This game is missing SO many big Marvel villains... Dr. Doom, Magneto, Thanos, Galactus, Juggernaut, Abomination, Dormammu... plus so many Spidey villains like Rhino, Electro, Mysterio, Vulture, Lizard, Kraven, Scorpion, Carnage, Hobgoblin.
More villains please Netmarble!

Yep whenever you see a tempting sale right before an update it's because there's even better ones waiting when it does update, they want you to spend your crystals and then buy more when you realize your mistake.

Mrcapcom

It'll be worth it more often than not, but it's not amazing or anything. They just want you to spend them crystals before next week's update.

Yep whenever you see a tempting sale right before an update it's because there's even better ones waiting when it does update, they want you to spend your crystals and then buy more when you realize your mistake.

Every time I wanted to click the buy button thats how I felt. I'll hold off. I kinda want to grab the Stark's Stash again though.

More info on patch 1.8. Apparently what we know so far is only a small part of the update.

Notable changes (thus far): Groot, Rocket, Gamora, and Ant-Man getting 6* skills. Ultron and Star-Lord buffs. Daily login gifts have been increased and no longer reset monthly.

mreddie

Dunno if this warrens a new thread but going a bit off topic, Marvel announced two new games that are mobile only and it's really frustrating me.

I'll be salty if they don't buff Captain Marvel or give her a 6* skill, she needs some love.

If nothing else, her new costume adds a downward air kick on her skill where she throws the energy ball from the air. She also seems to be hovering around much quicker while moving, as opposed to ground running.

Dunno if this warrens a new thread but going a bit off topic, Marvel announced two new games that are mobile only and it's really frustrating me.

One of them is Academy right? What's the other?

mreddie

2kSObyT.jpg

Whoa... Massive.

Hope that by merging the Daily and Bonus missions that they won't do us out of gold, but this is all looking awesome.

7 costumes, 3 new characters, holy shit. Glad I've been saving Crystals.

EDIT:

1. Increase Alliance Max Level
- Alliance Max level increased from 20 to 30.
- Based on the Alliance Level, maximum number of alliance members has increased.

Get ready to start working again, peeps.. Haha!

Drayco21

So, Gamora's keeping the Cosmic costume into ANAD, then? Thank god, it's the first decent design she's had since DnA- now they just need a decent book to put her in.

Stealth Suit Cap and ANAD Spidey are welcome surprises.

Unfortunately we found a critical error with Captain Marvel’s 6★ Skill, which has delayed the release of her 6 ★ skill.

Well, shit.

Sounds like some fantastic QoL changes, with slight nerfs to Groot and Loki.

Although, I am a bit ticked at this.
07.png

I have a lot of characters with skills at 25 or 35 and no gold to change that before the patch hits. I also feel like I wasted a fortune getting YJ's skills to 60, when this new system would give me the max new skill level at only 50.

Edit: It's weird that War Machine's new Uni seems to be the same as Iron Patriot w/ a new coat of paint. Also, Carol's Uni seems underwhelming if the only thing it does is add the landing hit on her jumping plasma ball move.

07.png

I have a lot of characters with skills at 25 or 35 and no gold to change that before the patch hits. I also feel like I wasted a fortune getting YJ's skills to 60, when this new system would give me the max new skill level at only 50.

Edit: It's weird that War Machine's new Uni seems to be the same as Iron Patriot w/ a new coat of paint. Also, Carol's Uni seems underwhelming if the only thing it does is add the landing hit on her jumping plasma ball move.

The WM uniform bonus is odd. Maybe a typo? If not maybe it changes his attacks for the better? If it really is the same, it saves me buying that costume so I'm okay with that too. Carol's unformed may be the same deal (unlisted changes for the better).

I'm liking how this patch is looking, happy I saved up my crystals.

Also yeah, costumes will have improvements that are unmentioned so try them out before you buy them.

Captain Marvel not getting her 6* yet is sad but at least I know it's coming soon.

That skill stuff is weird but I'm glad I didn't level anything over 40.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I can six-star one of the new characters right off the bat. Probably Silk. And with 15000 crystals, I'll just money my way to 6-star Gwen.

Whoa... Massive.

Hope that by merging the Daily and Bonus missions that they won't do us out of gold, but this is all looking awesome.

7 costumes, 3 new characters, holy shit. Glad I've been saving Crystals.

EDIT:

1. Increase Alliance Max Level
- Alliance Max level increased from 20 to 30.
- Based on the Alliance Level, maximum number of alliance members has increased.

Get ready to start working again, peeps.. Haha!

The QoLis great, I remember when they merged elite missions and story missions into one. But your right, I hope they don't nerf the norn stones/good to much.

07.png

Ooooh the skills thing sucks. Thankfully most of my guys are sitting at 21 or 30, so not a huge issue

ETA: looks like skills change based on heroes level, not heroes previous skill level. Like if they are level 30. Their skill is changed accordingly.

They took an unnecessary amount of time for little gain, especially the first 5 or so, not to mention how useless level 1 and 2 chips are.

Also notable, they still haven't done anything regarding covers, I think they don't really know what to do with them yet.

Covers is the one thing that never got into, since it was pointless unless you could do all the levels to get all the pieces

Loved bonus missions for the gold/norn stones. Chips were useless tho like u said

Top Bottom