• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
All of those are solid choices, however Vision would be on the lower priority list, imo. He's not as good as the other 3 and his Uni is always 750; thus no rush due to the sale.
Yeah, I agree about vision. I might go with groot's uniform. I can probably save up enough crystals again by the time I get kingpin to 6*.

edit: Went with groot.

Indignate

So I'm assuming my load times are abnormally long since I'm playing on a somewhat older phone or something.

Cuz like I could fall asleep during these loads.

Details
▣ 3 New Character Added
▣ 3 New Uniforms
▣ New 6★ Skills
▣ Character Revamp
▣ Team Managing Menu & Gear Upgrade Menu Improvement
▣ Battle World Improvement
▣ Timeline Battle Improvement
▣ Other Improvements

Eeeeeeeee!

Wonder what 3 characters we're getting?!

Carnage, awesome!

Whoa, new 6* skill, uniform and buffs for Green Goblin... time to start collecting his bios!

Bummer about the Team-Up play limit though.

Edit: Wait, when describing the new 6* skills it says 'Including uniforms' next to Vision and Hawkeye but just 'classic' next to GG, does that mean he can't use his new skill with his new uniform?

I'm not liking the Timeline Battle match system changes or 10 Team-Ups per day limit at all. Everything else sounds sweet, though.

Ultimate Goblin looks ugly, but that buff sounds insane.
ANAD Cage looks good, but the buff doesn't seem too gamechanging (I don't play him, so IDK how big of a difference this will make).
Box-Art Mega Ma.... Star-Lord looks terrible and 5% extra crit damage doesn't sound all that enticing.

Mrcapcom

Yes Luke Cage costume and Carnage and Vision 6* skill FINALLY. Dag man why this game get better and better. I thought they would have slowed down but seems like they ramping up on things. Can't wait!

Drayco21

Drayco 'bout to be furious at that Star-Lord uniform LOL

Uninstalling game, fuck everything.

Oh, selectors don't work on Carnage either; that's cool, it's good to see you learned from everyone's favorite part of the A-Force update. If there's one problem I had with all these paywall characters getting added, it's that the paywall isn't quite restrictive enough.

The Team Up limitation is being removed.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We are deeply sorry for the outrage caused by limiting the Team Up Play entry allotment. We are removing this limitation and Team Up Play will remain unchanged.

-Digits-

Edit: Wait, when describing the new 6* skills it says 'Including uniforms' next to Vision and Hawkeye but just 'classic' next to GG, does that mean he can't use his new skill with his new uniform?

I guess it's a tradeoff for the immunity that looks OP on paper. I wonder if that bonus is correct, because being immune to damage half the time is a little nuts.

I think Ultimate Goblin is going to be a Superior Spider-Man type situation, and that's why the changes only mention the Classic outfit.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What's so positive about the timeline battle changes? Seems to me like that's way more limiting and now it costs money to look for new opponents, which sucks for people like me that don't have the most optimized team and have no lvl 60s and I always end up with a list of a bunch of level 60s. :|

What's so positive about the timeline battle changes? Seems to me like that's way more limiting and now it costs money to look for new opponents, which sucks for people like me that don't have the most optimized team and have no lvl 60s and I always end up with a list of a bunch of level 60s. :|
Because I'm tired of people getting top 100(most of the top 100 anyway) purely because they spend crystals on timeline. And spending more time searching for teams rather than fighting isn't exactly fun imo. Yes, there's downsides but I'll take them over what it used to be like.

Carnage looks amazing. The trailer, along with the update, are in the App Store for anyone curious. Looks like Ultimate Goblin may indeed be fire damage too.

Drayco21

I think so too. I half expect him to become a combat type with the uni. Maybe even switch to fire damage instead of poison.

That would make sense, considering just how different Ultimate!Norman is from regular Norman. I imagine he has a different 6* skill like Spock too since he doesn't have a Glider to use during it.

-Digits-

※ Carnage is only available via the monthly biometric selector available in the store.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

The way they worded it in the patchnotes almost makes it sound like a Stark stash but for bios. 20 bios a day of your choosing, and Carnage is only obtainable through it.

Edit: Now that the patch is live I can confirm the above is correct.
Also, Ultimate Green Goblin does indeed change to combat, his attacks change to fire, his leadership changes to fire resist,his attacks are all different from his normal ones and the 82% proc chance on the costume passive was not a typo. He also has a six star skill with the costume on.
So UGG actually has about a 50% uptime on a 4 second immunity. That's nuts.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Oh, hey, look at that, Time Line Battle is now unwinnable for me now. Great.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA, my 4 stars, level 41 She-Hulk/Wasp/Captain Marvel team just got matched up with a 6 star, level 60 Silk/Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man team. Great matchmaking.

You guys should try taking a break for two weeks, the welcome back log in rewards are ridiculous.

200 bios
800 crystals
500k gold
Free 5* hero

I can almost 6* either Kamala or Thor right off the bat.

I kinda wish that Jane was a costume, rather than a separate character.

She's so fun and I almost have Thor at 6* :(

I wonder if we will get a Jarnbjorn weilding Odinson outfit soon, though.

Edit: WOOOOOOOOOW @ the changed New Player logins.
Day 1: 3 star selector
Day 2: 3 star mega mastery ticket
Day 3: 4 star rank up ticket
Day 4: 4 star mastery ticket
Day 5: 5 star rank up ticket
Day 6: 500.000 gold
Day 7: 6 star rank up ticket

Also 4 days of the new 20 bio selectors and 60% off costumes.

I kinda wish that Jane was a costume, rather than a separate character.

She's so fun and I almost have Thor at 6* :(

I wonder if we will get a Jarnbjorn weilding Odinson outfit soon, though.

Edit: WOOOOOOOOOW @ the changed New Player logins.
Day 1: 3 star selector
Day 2: 3 star mega mastery ticket
Day 3: 4 star rank up ticket
Day 4: 4 star mastery ticket
Day 5: 5 star rank up ticket
Day 6: 500.000 gold
Day 7: 6 star rank up ticket

Also 4 days of the new 20 bio selectors and 60% off costumes.
For newcomers that's great. I don't want every to just get it off the bat. You have to earn it AND that speeds things up for the newbies instead of having a disadvantage against veterans. Makes sense to me.

Because I'm tired of people getting top 100(most of the top 100 anyway) purely because they spend crystals on timeline. And spending more time searching for teams rather than fighting isn't exactly fun imo. Yes, there's downsides but I'll take them over what it used to be like.
Crystals can still be spent on Timeline for refreshes. That hasn't changed.

However, it has become far worse now with the removal of revenge battles (say bye bye to those 250 daily tokens) and striker characters plus implementation of a terrible match making system where you get a random opponent and have to pay gold to reroll another one. Oh and the reroll cost starts at 500 and then double for each subsequent roll (500 -> 1k -> 2k -> 4k, etc...) >_<

DarkCloud

Yeah I'm glad I just 6/6ed Loki and Sister Grimm last week cause otherwise I'd probably be hating life right now in regards to the new Timeline battle. With them and Black Widow I only have to reroll if I run into a Yellowjacket lead with a silk as anchor...or throot.

Even then I miss the strikers for web defense.

Indignate

Almost assuredly; I don't know exactly what they were giving you over the last week, but essentially handing you a free 6* character is crazy.

Alright, fasure I'mma do that then.

This means I can just like instantly get Nico right? Cuz as I've mentioned before that's kind of all I care about.

Why do I need to watch a video to see what characters got their 6* skills? Should of just sticked with the prompt.. Can anyone provide a list of which characters got the treatment, please?

Jessica Jones buffs are tasty. She's a hammer now. Just pulled 500k in team up against equally geared Quake and Bullseye.

God is real. My first level 60 is finally good.

Why do I need to watch a video to see what characters got their 6* skills? Should of just sticked with the prompt.. Can anyone provide a list of which characters got the treatment, please?

It'll always be in the patch notes, which someone will undoubtedly post a link to in here. For this update it was only Vision, Green Goblin, and Hawkeye.

mreddie

Man is the FF Reddit page overreacting like fuck. Carnage is a shifty ass move but you still can farm Kamala and Jane with the daily box. FFS.

Drayco21

Man is the FF Reddit page overreacting like fuck. Carnage is a shifty ass move but you still can farm Kamala and Jane with the daily box. FFS.

Paywall characters suck
McNiven Meme-Lord sucks
Timeline Battle changes suck

It's not a Secret Wars level dumpster fire update, sure, but Netmarble is pretty good at seeing feedback and course correcting; if the salt on Reddit and Mobirum is loud enough, then hopefully we won't see more characters locked up like Carnage and they roll in changes to Timeline to address the problems.

At least we're supposed to get some actual content next update; hopefully that's when we start seeing farmable characters again.

Had to do it. So far he seems super powerful.

C9ooD24.jpg

hitmon

Not liking the changes to TL. Is there no longer daily free energy? I can't seem to find it. At least there's still a free daily hero.

It's not about this update in a vacuum, it's about trends.

When the game launched, there a few characters that were tough to get but through shifters and dimension rifts, they were attainable. (Black Cat, Loki, Destroyer, Angela, etc)

After a while, they started introducing characters you could only get when they were offered to you through battleworld.

There was a slight improvement when they gave us that daily bio box, but that just galvanized them to keep offering unfarmable characters.

Shifters and Dimension Rift guys haven't changed (AOS shifters only gives you more AOS guys).

And now, they go one step furthest and make a character that you can't use their goodwill gesture on. You supposedly HAVE to pay to get them. That's a first, and it's not a good sign for what direction they'll head in the future.

Top Bottom