• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Drayco21

I was thinking of jumping ship from Star Wars GOH to this game. The last update totally ruined any enjoyment I had for it.

How is this game? Is it similar to GOH?

Galaxy of Heroes is closer to Avengers Alliance 2. This is more of a direct control action RPG than a turn-based tactical one.

Is there an idiot's guide to Cards and Obelisks? I took a look at each of them before and got completely confused. As a result, I don't have a single thing set for either of them. I'm sure this is a heavy factor into why I can't do the WBs or the last 3 VS stages. I would like to fix that.

It doesn't help at all that I hate the Rifts system and never play them. Instead, I fully farm 4 characters's bios a day + do the dailies and that's it.
As a result, I have 28k GUKs vs 1.5k DD

I also haven't bothered with upgrading ISOs much. I basically stick 3-4* ISOs on characters for ISO Set unlocks and call it a day, so I'm sure that impacts me as well. The only upgrades I tend to do are for the daily.

Is there an idiot's guide to Cards and Obelisks? I took a look at each of them before and got completely confused. As a result, I don't have a single thing set for either of them. I'm sure this is a heavy factor into why I can't do the WBs or the last 3 VS stages. I would like to fix that.

It doesn't help at all that I hate the Rifts system and never play them. Instead, I fully farm 4 characters's bios a day + do the dailies and that's it.
As a result, I have 28k GUKs vs 1.5k DD

I also haven't bothered with upgrading ISOs much. I basically stick 3-4* ISOs on characters for ISO Set unlocks and call it a day, so I'm sure that impacts me as well. The only upgrades I tend to do are for the daily.

Well first thing about Obelisks is that the generic gears you use to fuse them don't affect the outcome. Just keep fusing them all up and hope for the best. As for what's the best, that's all up to you as a player. The best affixes you can get though are Elemental type damage, recovery rate, dodge/crit/crit damage, stun immune, and invincibility at low health.

Cards are a little simpler. The first two stats on a card are set and never change. So try and rank up the cards that have two good stats off the bat. The rest of the stats are random from a pool, and you should already be familiar with the good ones. Skill cooldown, dodge, all/phys/energy attack, crit rate and damage, and HP are the main ones to go for. The more of these you have (and less "wasted" stats like resists), the better. I would say to focus heavily on cooldown reduction and dodge. You want 20%+ to both from cards alone.

As for rifts, you just gotta do them. Debris is insanely important and getting your gear up to 17+ makes a world of difference. ISO sets are more important than the ISO. Make sure you're getting the good 8 ISO bonuses, then work on getting your main characters 5/6* ISOs.

One more tip for cards is starting at rank 4 (4 stars), you have a chance to get a proc added to the card. These are the stats where you have a chance to activate a boost (IE: While attacking with a 15% chance -> Skill Cooldown 20%, etc.). If one of your cards gets a proc when ranking up, be very careful about ranking it up again because you will most likely either lose the proc or it will change to a different proc you may not like.

So tl/dr... If you get a proc on a card you like, stop upgrading it. =)

Thanks for the info, guys.

It sounds like Obelisks are 100% RNG, fuse everything and hope for a good outcome, while Cards have RNG aspects but some are better than others. Are there any particular Cards I should focus on leveling? I'm not sure which I should use as fodder vs which I should upgrade.

As for rifts, should I burn energy running their highest levels or do multiple runs at the lower levels? I know the higher levels drop better cards, but is it worth chasing those drops? Also, do they also drop more DD commensurate to their higher cost?

I like Loki: Agent of Asgard #17 (All Attack/Cooldown Time) and Marvel Zombies #2 (Dodge/Cooldown Time). Those two are super useful. Still trying to figure out what to keep for the other slots.

^Those two are good ones along with 1872, 1872 (variant), Black Widow, and Punisher.

Run the first level rift for best energy to debris ratio. Though personally I like doing the second as it drops rank 2 cards often and those are effectively six rank 1 cards.

On the surface it looks like nothing but positive changes. That being said, I'm not a fan of this update being split into two (Cap update and IM update). It looks like Tier 2 conversion for all characters will be this coming year's equivalent of 6* skills being rolled out this past year. Essentially just a funky way to make our characters 7*.

Disappointed that only one 6* skill was added and zero balancing done (unless you count Tier 2 advancement). And still no Punisher and Elektra Netflix outfits.

Also lol.
Change the Name of “Sharon Carter” to “Agent 13”
Why??

I'm not a fan of the Advancement system. Then again, I likely won't ever use them since I have no 4x +20 characters. Plus, it looks like it will require a bunch of mats from WB and I can't beat any of those.

Also, are these a semi-nerf? "1. Following character’s skill activate condition has been changed from Attack to when the Attack hits." It sounds like before they activated on attack use, even if they whiffed, while now the attack has to connect to activate the skill.

Increasing the inventory slots from 400 to 600 is the best thing in this patch, to me.
Don't forget we will also be gaining a ton of space that was being used up by all the various gear upgrade materials. This change will be so nice.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Alright I'm done with this. This is just disgusting at this point. Hopefully a vast majority of players quit the game. I am ASHAMED I ever defended this game on GAF.

1. If you have less than 10 6★ Characters you will be prompted to do the Hero Guide Quest. If you have already done the hero Guide Quest, then you will not be able to redo it.

I think I only have 7, so that's cool. I was always wishing I had started playing a little later so I could do the Hero Guide.

The Tier 2 stuff is definitely lame. It's a sneaky way to increase the level/rank cap without actually doing it. I wish they were still giving old characters 6* skills instead of focusing so much on the T2 bullshit.

I'm still enjoying the game though, mostly because I'm still collecting bios and whatnot. I'm sure once I get to the point where I can beat WB I will start to get burned out. Those battles just sound so tedious.

I never even knew Hero Guide Quest was a thing. When did they add that? And what is it?

If I'm remembering correctly, it is a series of quests for new players. They give you selection of heroes, and you pick the one you want. When you finish the quests, that hero you picked will be 6*.

How do you level proxima? Took her on a power run and nothing.

So tier 2 is tied to WB? Still can't even touch WB so it's useless

Feed her spare bios. And yeah, giving everyone Proxima was just a ploy to get people to log in.

Now these are the uniforms I want.

ihbkZOR.jpg

The Tier 2 stuff is definitely lame. It's a sneaky way to increase the level/rank cap without actually doing it. I wish they were still giving old characters 6* skills instead of focusing so much on the T2 bullshit.

Yeah, same. So many characters that don't even have 6 star skills or uniforms yet and some characters are getting yet more unis and T2 upgrades.

Feels like the new updates are just for the 1% of players who have maxed absolutely everything out and need a new challenge.

Drayco21

There should have been Civil War Special Missions. Add Zemo, Crossbones, and Wanda, alternative paths for Ant-Man or Panther based on your team affiliation. Actual meaningful, playable content for players other than whales.

When was the last time we even got new playable content, SHIELD update? Have we really not had a meaningful content update since the one that added a bunch of generic losers in black leather? C'mon Netmarble, where are you at?

There should have been Civil War Special Missions. Add Zemo, Crossbones, and Wanda, alternative paths for Ant-Man or Panther based on your team affiliation. Actual meaningful, playable content for players other than whales.

When was the last time we even got new playable content, SHIELD update? Have we really not had a meaningful content update since the one that added a bunch of generic losers in black leather? C'mon Netmarble, where are you at?

I was hoping so hard that we would get new Special Missions. Sigh...

What bums me out about tier 2 is that its not all characters. I have a max Silk/Floki/Nico I want to T2! Seeing how not all characters have costumes or 6* skills, I feel like certain characters will be left behind. I would love if T2 finally made Carol viable...

Thores

So are we not getting the previously announced Punisher and Elektra Netflix costumes? I'd been grinding Elektra to Rank 6 in the hopes that the new costume would make her actually good.

Feels like the new updates are just for the 1% of players who have maxed absolutely everything out and need a new challenge.

That's because they are, and need to be. Do you think NM wants those that spent hundreds if not thousands on the game to up and quit cause there's nothing for them? WBs force even the biggest payers to have a grind, which is a smart move on their part business-wise. That being said, it also creates a long term goal for all players. I guess those that don't enjoy difficult content are getting the short end of the stick here, but not everyone can be catered to at the same time.

I think the biggest issue here is that there are no good inbetween steps from VS10-12/AB clearing to WBs. It's a massive jump and most aren't ready or willing to make it. They need to ease that difficulty gap somehow.

They will never add Special Missions again. It's too easy to get 6*s from them, so many won't be willing to pay to speed up the process. I'm sure they regret YJ and GM big time.

When is the maintenance gonna be up?

Three hours and twenty minutes from this post.

That's because they are, and need to be. Do you think NM wants those that spent hundreds if not thousands on the game to up and quit cause there's nothing for them? WBs force even the biggest payers to have a grind, which is a smart move on their part business-wise. That being said, it also creates a long term goal for all players. I guess those that don't enjoy difficult content are getting the short end of the stick here, but not everyone can be catered to at the same time.

I think the biggest issue here is that there are no good inbetween steps from VS10-12/AB clearing to WBs. It's a massive jump and most aren't ready or willing to make it. They need to ease that difficulty gap somehow.

They will never add Special Missions again. It's too easy to get 6*s from them, so many won't be willing to pay to speed up the process. I'm sure they regret YJ and GM big time.

Totally get that there needs to be new challenges for the whales, reasons for them to keep playing, things for them to be aiming towards.
But it'd be nice if there was new content which was fun for those in the middle of the pack - people playing long enough to have run all the missions and got themselves some 6 star characters but still aren't anywhere near strong enough for the WB.

New Special Missions would be great. So what if it makes it easy to get a 6* character - they seem to want people to get at least a handful of 6 starrers what with the hero quest and such.

Totally get that there needs to be new challenges for the whales, reasons for them to keep playing, things for them to be aiming towards.
But it'd be nice if there was new content which was fun for those in the middle of the pack - people playing long enough to have run all the missions and got themselves some 6 star characters but still aren't anywhere near strong enough for the WB.

New Special Missions would be great. So what if it makes it easy to get a 6* character - they seem to want people to get at least a handful of 6 starrers what with the hero quest and such.

Exactly. Content for endgame/whales is fine, but you don't want to completely forget about F2P and Freemium players. They help boost the game up in the app store rankings I'm sure.

At least they are increasing the bio drop rate. That's one thing I'm looking forward to, along with all the extra inventory space.

I'm sure they'll get back to focusing on the majority soon enough. They just had two sub-groups that needed attention as well (newbies and those that had done everything).

More importantly though, we're all going TeamCap for this event, right GAF? Right?

Sebtrt

Neo Member
I don't suppose there's room in any of the other GAF Alliances? I was in one (Tights, I think) but aside from me there's only ever 3 or 4 others doing anything. I can't remember the last time we completed any of those daily/weekly missions that weren't "Complete X Story Missions."

I don't suppose there's room in any of the other GAF Alliances? I was in one (Tights, I think) but aside from me there's only ever 3 or 4 others doing anything. I can't remember the last time we completed any of those daily/weekly missions that weren't "Complete X Story Missions."

NeoGAF Capes. Pretty active still.

2750 crystals for 6* Mega rank up ticket and Mega Mastery ticket is insane. During the crazy sales before it was 3900 for just the Mega rank up one alone.

Drayco21

I got 9 mil, feelin' pretty good.

Team Cap 4 Lyfe!

Hawkeye's new costume seems a lot less purple than it should be.

Woof, my first stab at Supergiant had even worse performance than the Proxima stage ever did.

Protip: If you qualify for the Journey of Growth quests, completely focus on it. Don't do Alliance Battle, Daily Mission, Timeline, etc. Some of the quests require you to complete missions in those modes and you don't want to use up your daily entries before it asks you to do them.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hmm, I guess I'm officially burned out because I'm feeling zero excitement for the event. :(

I still like the game and don't even have a problem with the recent updates, but it's been a while since I've been doing the daily grind more out of "obligation" than a sense of fun. There's too many things to do every day in the game and I can't help myself but do every mode available in the best way possible instead of limiting myself to the daily achievements. Anyway, I'd rather quit cold turkey when it gets to this point instead of forcing myself to continue playing and risk actively disliking it.

I'm just posting about it because I'll leave the alliance, I prefer doing that instead of having to be kicked out from inactivity, lol. If I start playing again in the future I'll post about it and rejoin!

I got 15.3 million gold for my mats. O_O

Alas, it feels SO good to have over 300 inventory slots free.

Random: Adding the Hero Ranking button to the Sub Menu is making my OCD flare up. @_@

Protip: If you qualify for the Journey of Growth quests, completely focus on it. Don't do Alliance Battle, Daily Mission, Timeline, etc. Some of the quests require you to complete missions in those modes and you don't want to use up your daily entries before it asks you to do them.

What's that?

Top Bottom