• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Just a quick reminder that today is the last day (7.5 hours left as of this post) to spend your anniversary tokens.
Thanks for the reminder. I had ~1500 tickets and decided to not pursue Rumlow. I'm glad I didn't, as I got a nice haul instead:
365 Clear Tickets
355 Debris
435 GUK
100 Purple Norn
115 Green Norn
25 Blue Norn
65 Red Norn
10 1* Loki
15 1* CW #4
15 1* 1872
15 1* Pun War Journal
20 1* Zombies #2 Walta Vr.
15 1* SW BW #2
20 1* S.H.I.E.L.D. #8
15 1* MODOK
15 1* SW 2099
10 1* Armor Wars #1

I'm going to miss the anniversary event, the rewards have been pretty great.
I've got 1200 clear tickets at the moment, I've never had more than 200 before!
I am in the exact same boat.

Also, were all of the Energy Reduction Events we've been getting part of the anniversary celebration? I've been using them to farm Dimension Rifts for ~30-60 min a day. I'll miss that the most if it goes back to a weekend only thing.

I am in the exact same boat.

Also, were all of the Energy Reduction Events we've been getting part of the anniversary celebration? I've been using them to farm Dimension Rifts for ~30-60 min a day. I'll miss that the most if it goes back to a weekend only thing.

I think it's because the second half of the update still isn't released and people are getting antsy. They started it early last week and this week they're doing a midweek version (with no bonus XP). Who knows what will stick around.

Speaking of the other half of the update, CM NN posted this exchange:

Black Panther: You know Scott, I am really disappointed that we didn't get uniforms yet
Ant-Man: You're disappointed? I'm team Cap. Not only did everyone else on my team get their uniform, but we're also losing in the faction battle.
Black Panther: That is true, my friend. How about we go see Stark and see what he has planned for this evening
Ant-Man: Yeah...sounds good....what's that?
Wasp: BzzzZZzZ zZz Zz ZZ BzzzZZ ZZ Z Zzz
Ant-Man: Ah hey man, you got a job as a delivery man? O a package for me? Let me check...
Black Panther: Scott, what is it?
Ant-Man: OHOHOH HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Black Panther: It is not befitting of a man of my standing to be jealous, but this is most disappointing
Ant-Man: HAHAH JUST LOOK AT THIS THING! THIS IS AMAZING! HOLY MACARONI! WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO?

With Ant-Man's icon changing to this:
Resized_portrait_antman_civilwar.jpg

Hint of what's to come, or just screwing with us?

From that tease + NN on Reddit saying that AM couldn't be released yet due to spoilers, I'm going to guess that the uniform
gives him a skill change where he will be able to turn giant

I don't watch movie trailers / commercials until after I've seen a movie, so IDK if this was hidden before the movie's release or not. I do know that I saw it in a commercial while watching The Flash last night.

Ant-Man's new uniform has been added.

1463019283044.jpg

Next update will have only three new uniforms.

1462970271812.jpg

Moon-friggin'-Knight (finally)

1462970294902.jpg

And four new characters will get T2 upgrades.

Drayco21

MOTHER FUCKIN MOON KNIGHT SON.

IN YOUR HOUSE RIPPIN PEOPLE'S FACES OFF

WHAT UP

Disappointing number of uniforms balanced out by a pretty fantastic character who probably is just going to be yet another combat unfarmable, but he's Moon Knight so who cares hype.

Drayco21

Don't worry guys, NightNurse already warned us not to get too excited because it's all still a while off, with more hinting that Strange might not drop until November.

So have 25k chaos tokens. Should I spend it to 6 star lash?. Everyone else up is at 6 stars.

I also have a 20 bio per day sub. Not sure where to go after I finished up Carnage.

I want to have enough coverage for things like Alliance Battles and Battle world (when they do only villians etc or only females etc)

These are my 6 stars:

Ant-Man
Loki
Sister Grimm
Giant Man
Iron Man
Hulkbuster
Female Thor
Yellow Jacket
Silk
Captain America
Elsa
Carnage
War Machine
Vision
Falcon
Black Panther
Ulton
War wolf
Kingpin
Spider man
Crossbones

These are my 5 stars:

Captain Marvel
Hulk
Dax
Black Widow
Thor
Groot

Everyone else is 4 star or lower.. Who should I target? during story missions and the 20 bio selector?

Don't bother with Lash. If you want to compete in WBs well, aim for getting characters to 20 gears. Loki, Kingpin, Ant-Man, Silk, Carnage, Hulkbuster, etc. You'll need roughly 300 spare bios to take them from 15 to 20 in all slots.

Do Story missions for GUKs and the norn stones you need, but otherwise they become obsolete. Except for Iron Fist. He's one of the best characters you can still farm for.

So No more story missions then? other than the guys that are 6 stars?

I would work on Black Widow definitely. She is solid. And don't forget about the AoS chapters in Chapter 9 and 10. Especially Daisy and Deathlok. I believe a couple of the AoS are Dodge Ignore strikers in WB, so it's worth it to get them 6*. Personally, I love Sif as well. I have a beastly build on her and she is shaping up nicely.

Yoday

Hey guys. I only just started the game, and I can already feel myself getting overwhelmed with the number of characters and team building. I got the monthly subscription stuff, as I have no problem dropping a couple of bucks and they seemed like a good deal. Problem is I keep getting conflicted on who I should be spending the biometrics on. Should I keep picking up new characters, start dumping them in a few that I should be maining, or do I simply focus on the characters I like even though they may not be the best?

I wouldn't consider myself a min-maxer, but I don't like wasting time and resources on characters and items I won't be using at end game. Also, what is the importance of building a team with a lot of bonuses versus building a team with the best characters?

Basically I need a crash course on how not to waste resources. I don't exactly know what the hero quest thing is, but I picked Black Panther.

Hey guys. I only just started the game, and I can already feel myself getting overwhelmed with the number of characters and team building. I got the monthly subscription stuff, as I have no problem dropping a couple of bucks and they seemed like a good deal. Problem is I keep getting conflicted on who I should be spending the biometrics on. Should I keep picking up new characters, start dumping them in a few that I should be maining, or do I simply focus on the characters I like even though they may not be the best?

I wouldn't consider myself a min-maxer, but I don't like wasting time and resources on characters and items I won't be using at end game. Also, what is the importance of building a team with a lot of bonuses versus building a team with the best characters?

Basically I need a crash course on how not to waste resources. I don't exactly know what the hero quest thing is, but I picked Black Panther.

I totally get where you are coming from. I suffered the same dilemma when I started. I used this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3olmww/how_hard_are_various_characters_to_farm/

It is missing a couple of the newer characters, but it is still very helpful. Basically, don't use your subscription bios on any of the characters in that list which are easy to farm. Rather, look at the harder to farm or impossible to farm characters and decide who you want first. Some recommendations from my personal experience would be Loki or Silk. Loki will help you score high in certain modes but you have to get him to 6* before he really starts making a difference. Silk will help you beat story mode faster to unlock stuff and will continue to be useful for Timeline battle and Alliance Battle. Edit: But yeah, ultimately, choose a character you like out of the hard/impossible to farm list so you get more enjoyment out of the game.

Yoday

I totally get where you are coming from. I suffered the same dilemma when I started. I used this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3olmww/how_hard_are_various_characters_to_farm/

It is missing a couple of the newer characters, but it is still very helpful. Basically, don't use your subscription bios on any of the characters in that list which are easy to farm. Rather, look at the harder to farm or impossible to farm characters and decide who you want first. Some recommendations from my personal experience would be Loki or Silk. Loki will help you score high in certain modes but you have to get him to 6* before he really starts making a difference. Silk will help you beat story mode faster to unlock stuff and will continue to be useful for Timeline battle and Alliance Battle. Edit: But yeah, ultimately, choose a character you like out of the hard/impossible to farm list so you get more enjoyment out of the game.
Awesome, thanks for the tips and the link. I am really enjoying this game. It gives me that Marvel Heroes feeling in mobile form.

That's not the Mr. Knight costume.

Exactly.

And 2.1.5 update notes are out.

Dat Wasp love. 6* skill and T2. War Machine's new uni has the same effect as the last two, ffs.

2. Carnage
- Symbiote Strains from "Camouflage Strike" have been improved so that it can no longer be dodged if your Team Characters acquire. It will also pick up if you have invulnerability/ Shields active.

3. Black Widow (Including Uniforms)
- During the skill animation of "Coup de Grace”, Black Widow will not be hit by enemies

4. Agent 13
- During the skill animation of "Backup", Agent 13 will have all damage immune buff

Amazing changes, long overdue as well.

Definitely getting the BP and Spidey unis, maybe IM... is he worth it?
Would've got WM but not if it's the same as his others, I already have his other two.

Will probably go all in on Moon Knight with the tokens seeing as there no one else I particularly want to 6 star at the moment.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't have a uniform for IM or WM yet. Does the BP one look like it's worth it? It seems a bit underwhelming. I might have to grab the spidey one too if I have the crystals, I have the ANAD one but I don't like it. I'm definitely going all in on Moonknight with tokens.

Drayco21

They all seem pretty underwhelming, honestly. They'll probably all be worth it for the slight stat boost, but unless there's some secret skill changes coming too, I don't think any of these will radically move anyone up in the tier lists.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
They all seem pretty underwhelming, honestly. They'll probably all be worth it for the slight stat boost, but unless there's some secret skill changes coming too, I don't think any of these will radically move anyone up in the tier lists.
Yeah, I might grab IM and WM since I never got a uniform for them. I'll probably hold off on BP and Spidey.

j-wood

I just installed and started playing this, pretty good. It's got so much going on though that it's kind of confusing.

Is timeline battle basically just pvp?

Pejo

Quick question guys, how do you "rank up" the T1 characters to their T2 status? I was looking around in the game menus yesterday and couldn't figure it out. For instance, I already have Iron Man at rank 6, fully mastered. But he wasn't auto-upgraded to T2? A few thoughts - I don't have his skills max level, he's not max level, and his equipment isn't max level (is there even a max level for equipment?) ISO's are full, but not all with 6 star stuff.

Just wondering what the requirements are before I decide how much I want to invest into it. It doesn't seem gamebreaking just for like a 35% increase of attack.

Drayco21

Quick question guys, how do you "rank up" the T1 characters to their T2 status? I was looking around in the game menus yesterday and couldn't figure it out. For instance, I already have Iron Man at rank 6, fully mastered. But he wasn't auto-upgraded to T2? A few thoughts - I don't have his skills max level, he's not max level, and his equipment isn't max level (is there even a max level for equipment?) ISO's are full, but not all with 6 star stuff.

Just wondering what the requirements are before I decide how much I want to invest into it. It doesn't seem gamebreaking just for like a 35% increase of attack.

You open up your wallet and bend over.

They need to be 6/6/60, with all gears at 20, all skills at 6, and you'll need another truckload of that character's bios, enough gold to buy your own island, and a bunch of material that can only be obtained normally in small amounts each day from the World Boss unless you pay for it.

Pejo

You open up your wallet and bend over.

They need to be 6/6/60, with all gears at 20, all skills at 6, and you'll need another truckload of that character's bios, enough gold to buy your own island, and a bunch of material that can only be obtained normally in small amounts each day from the World Boss unless you pay for it.

Yikes, forget that then. Thanks for the answer though.

You'd think for all that, they would really beef up the characters. Some of the bonuses I was looking through REALLY don't make that worth it.

Yikes, forget that then. Thanks for the answer though.

You'd think for all that, they would really beef up the characters. Some of the bonuses I was looking through REALLY don't make that worth it.

Some of the bonuses are better than they seem, but cost-wise your materials are better spent going straight to the BO guys. Ant-Man is the only T2 so far that is worth it.

j-wood

Just got an update to this game, I'm assuming it's the latest patch posted above. Why does the game ask for permission for my photos? It doesn't seem like it needs that...

Loving Spidey's new animations in his CW uni. Nice iframe on his web shot now.

Edit: Trying to figure out if I want to dump all of my tokens into Moon Knight or go for a 6 ticket... Such a dilemma! He is only 1* right now but I'm loving his animations and fighting style.

Pejo

I was seriously surprised at the Iron Man/Spidey costumes, ended up getting both with the crystals I had saved up. I really like the changes to skills that they bring.

Got moon knight from the event box, he's ok. I went into skill preview, and his later skills don't really seem that good, so he'll probably stay at 1* for a long while. For some reason in my head I thought we were getting Taskmaster instead of MK.

I know I should probably already know this, considering how long I've been playing this game, but where the heck do you guys grind for XP? I've hit a progression wall on (I think) mission 9-5, but grinding 9-4 requires me to actually pay attention, and i'm getting like 3% of an xp bar per clear, with rested characters. There has to be something faster. I am sitting on a ton of level 5 exp chips, so I guess I could dump them into some characters, but it seems like a big waste at higher levels.

I'm hoping there's just something obvious I'm missing. I really need to get some level 60 characters.

I was seriously surprised at the Iron Man/Spidey costumes, ended up getting both with the crystals I had saved up. I really like the changes to skills that they bring.

Got moon knight from the event box, he's ok. I went into skill preview, and his later skills don't really seem that good, so he'll probably stay at 1* for a long while. For some reason in my head I thought we were getting Taskmaster instead of MK.

I know I should probably already know this, considering how long I've been playing this game, but where the heck do you guys grind for XP? I've hit a progression wall on (I think) mission 9-5, but grinding 9-4 requires me to actually pay attention, and i'm getting like 3% of an xp bar per clear, with rested characters. There has to be something faster. I am sitting on a ton of level 5 exp chips, so I guess I could dump them into some characters, but it seems like a big waste at higher levels.

I'm hoping there's just something obvious I'm missing. I really need to get some level 60 characters.

There's no faster way. In fact, you'll get to a point where you'll get only 1% XP per clear. Find a good character you want to be your main plow and upgrade their gear/ISO so that you can clear on auto. That'll help you get a few missions farther, and in turn get some more XP per run.

Top Bottom