• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I leveled Wolverine to 31 tonight.
It seems you can either go with a bleed or fury build. I opted for the fury build because I think its a bit more involved than the bleed one.
Im enjoying using him but I think he needs some more exciting powers and animations, to be considered one of the more fun characters.
I love his voice though. Nice and gravelly.

KePoW

Banned
I leveled Wolverine to 31 tonight.
It seems you can either go with a bleed or fury build. I opted for the fury build because I think its a bit more involved than the bleed one.
Im enjoying using him but I think he needs some more exciting powers and animations, to be considered one of the more fun characters.

Yeah everyone pretty much thinks that Wolverine needs more "excitement" to his play.

I don't have a problem with his effectiveness at all, but definitely needs more aesthetic flash and animations.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol couldnt resist and used up my remaining Gs, bought Black Widow (cause shes cheap and has the 52 review coming soon) and Gambit (I felt like I should have him since I have his death costume from the deluxe pack, or will have) and got... 2 Storm tokens, both dupes :p oh well

now im really REALLY done cause I have no more G ^_^

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
RNG is a fickle mistress. Got 2 GR cosmics and a unique for him within 5 minutes after a pretty long dry spell.

Also bought Hawkeye's modern outfit because his 'classic' is godawful and got Storm Mohawk, one of my favorites. Threw another 3 default costumes in the blender and got Storm 90s (the white one from the cartoon!). Now I have 3 rad Storm costumes (also the FC4 one). Decisions, decisions! As an aside, I think Storm in general has the best selection of outfits in the game. Except for the awful yellow/blue one, they're all pretty cool imo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it me or the earthquake jump (that leaves a aoe behind( renders the normal jump cmpletely useless for Hulk? sure its a little more expensive, but...yeah. One of the examples of something that needs refinement with the 52 review I think

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
is it me or the earthquake jump (that leaves a aoe behind( renders the normal jump cmpletely useless for Hulk? sure its a little more expensive, but...yeah. One of the examples of something that needs refinement with the 52 review I think

No, you're right. Hulk has at least 1 leap too many atm.

Ploid 3.0

Once on Luke Cage I got two uniques back to back and they were the same weapon (slightly different stat value) the crowbar.

Rhaknar

speaking of uniques I got 2 today, 1 on Hulk (for Hulk yay) and 1 for Ironman on SG. And I got one yesterday for Ctclops but its horrible (its a Punchclops item)

edit: speaking of Hulk, I'm still not feeling melee. Its not melee per se, its just...melee moves. I love the jumping shit he does, but everytime im out of spirit and I have to punch stuff, my joy completely drops. I played a tiny bit of Thing and I wasnt feeling him at all. At least Colossus has Wolverine. but yeah, punchy stuff just looks so bland compared to the other crazy spells most (ranged) heroes do

So I finally caved in and did the vendor method to get my last Cyclops unique. I just got sick of dupes and 600k doesn't take that long to earn.

Blank!

Caved in and bought 3 heroes (the cheap guys I didn't own)...

Bought Black Widow -> Got Punisher (new)
Bought Daredevil -> Got Captain America (new)
Bought Storm -> Got Cyclops (new)

:)

Also, had no idea this affix could appear on level 60 gear:

Rhaknar

My final sale tally is negative, and it's my fault so i don't mind. It started quite positive, and then I over extended myself when I already had more than half the roster so the dupes are on me (or my bad luck)

Bought Hulk got Black Panther
Bought Jean got Ironman
Bought Colossus got Ms Marvel
Bought Thing got Punisher (dupe)

This was when it started and it was super positive. At the time I had 8 heroes

Then before going to bed I got cute and bought Cable and got Hawkguy (dupe). At the time I now had 15 heroes so I should have quit while ahead. It was still positive balance at this time with 3 new and 2 dupes.

Then today, because like a child I can't have money, I spent my last Gs on Black Widow and Gambit, and got 2 Storm dupes. At this time I had 16 and 17 heroes, so again, I should have quit while I was ahead. So final count is 3 new and 4 dupes from the random boxes.

If you add up the 2 random boxes from splinters last week which was 2 new heroes, I'm looking at 5-4 in my favor, so not that bad. I am deffinately not buying any more random boxes tho, saving up for Spider Man now I think.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's super rare. Getting it on a cosmic is pretty sweet. +2 to all powers.

Spent my last G's on Hulk Grey costume, got Cyclops new one (the white/blue one, forget the name). Not thrilled, already have 90s Cyclops and Phoenix Force, which is the coolest, so this one's probably destined for the blender.

Also got my third Legendary - Casket of Ancient Winters for Storm. I love it when an item thematically fits so well with the character, I'm a real sucker for that shit. Something about, say, Cyclops wielding the Golden Bow of Apollo just bugs me.

inky

If you add up the 2 random boxes from splinters last week which was 2 new heroes, I'm looking at 5-4 in my favor, so not that bad. I am deffinately not buying any more random boxes tho, saving up for Spider Man now I think.

That's a good record tbh. I'm 0-5 with random boxes when I had 60%~ chance. 3 of those were Ms Marvel as well. Such a waste.

Rhaknar

That's a good record tbh. I'm 0-5 with random boxes when I had 60%~ chance. 3 of those were Ms Marvel as well. Such a waste.

Oh deffinately, like I said, I'm not complaining. Hell, if I had stopped when I should have, my random box balance would be an amazing 5-1. But yeah, with 18 now and the advance pack, it's time to buy the rest with splinters, or I'll have nothing to use them on soon enough lol (ultimate tokens barely count)

Anyway, I think that instead of taking another to 60 right now, I might do a few to 30ish, (so do the normal mode and a few legendary quests) just the non-review ones, because with those you pretty much get a good sense of your spec at around 30. I should also get rocket up to 50 like I did with SG just for his synergy (he's 44 so it's close)

Xevren

Started playing Cyclops figuring the synergy would be nice, but man this dude is awesome. Most satisfying ultimate I've used.

Also the teaser pics for Hawkeyes rework are on the official forum, looks godlike.

inky

His ultimate looks a little excessive, lol. Been meaning to go back to Hawkeye, so I'm excited that his review is up soon. That Ronin costume is sitting there collecting dust right now.

GManDH

FINALLY. MAKING HAWK WORTHY!! i have loved him in comics. For some reason i love arrows. Now this is giving even more reason to "finish" him.

Rhaknar

Is Wallach a Gaz dev? That would explain why he knows everything o_O

Ploid 3.0

Ok I'm getting alot of cosmics and uniques for ironman but what is it with this game and giving my iron man so many body cosmics? I donated some to the weapon crafter. Still wearing a body and foot unique, the Foot unique is level 14, but I like the stats. Hoping I get higher replacement uniques no more chests!

RcqSMMj.jpg

RNG gawds dance.

Now that you mention Fing Fang Foom I wonder when are we finally seeing this game play with scale on bosses. It seems tailor made for ginormous boss fights but nope.

4a1V62o.jpg

hamchan

Did pretty well with the buy one get one.

Black Widow -> Spiderman.
Emma Frost -> Black Panter
Jean Grey -> Luke Cage

All new heroes, no dupes. Own 17 heroes now.

Now that you mention Fing Fang Foom I wonder when are we finally seeing this game play with scale on bosses. It seems tailor made for ginormous boss fights but nope.

You know, in the books, Fin Fang Foom has been on the good side for a few years now. He's even got his own miniseries, Fin Fang Four, where he teams up with 3 other former bad monsters and goes heroing. It's adorable. He turned into a chef, heh.

The low level jump is useless. Earthquake Leap has a GARGANTUAN AoE for the pull-in effect if you stack AoE increases (which Hulk gets a lot of on his uniques). Avalanche Leap is solid for straight up AoE damage and leaves behind the DoT. Basically you just drop EL and AL a couple of times and everything on the screen dies if it's pullable.

Rhaknar

He's our mole.

Ah, if he's in the inside it must be nice to see all the love in the thread (and all the money we spent lol)

The low level jump is useless. Earthquake Leap has a GARGANTUAN AoE for the pull-in effect if you stack AoE increases (which Hulk gets a lot of on his uniques). Avalanche Leap is solid for straight up AoE damage and leaves behind the DoT. Basically you just drop EL and AL a couple of times and everything on the screen dies if it's pullable.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, it's very effective (and satisfying). I only wish the earthquake leap had the same landing sound effect as the normal leap, which sounds more impactful

Has anybody played with Black Widow? Is she any fun or is she similar to Punisher?

I only played her during Beta/early release, and only to 15 in the latter, so I can't tell you much about her current state, but she was pretty fun when I played her.

She's not a lot like Punisher. She has a status effect/CC tree, which is actually pretty cool (I like the poison cloud), and while she is heavily geared towards ranged, she has decent melee too.

KePoW

Banned
Has anybody played with Black Widow? Is she any fun or is she similar to Punisher?

I wouldn't say she's like Punisher, but I find her very fun too.

Rolling Grenades are awesome, and C4 feels/looks great too (unfortunately the damage on C4 recently got nerfed bigtime, hopefully they bring the dps back on it)

Rhaknar

hmm sold my RPG Maker foil card for 3 euros which gave me enough for 500g, clearly its a sign I should buy the last 450g hero (Daredevil) to get another
dupe
random box since the promo is still up >_>

Lord Phol

Another Nightcrawler tease!

Man I want to play this bad boy so much!

On another note, played about 6 hours of x-defense yesterday, got like 7 cosmics and 3 uniques, but not the one I want ><. Slot 1 for Ghost Rider is impossible to find >:/.
Didn't buy anything with the promo since there aren't that many costumes I want yet. It sure was tempting though, I love to gamble xD.

Btw if anyone wants to add me in-game, my nick is "Phol". I should be on in about 7 hours. I'd be happy to do anything from leveling low levels, x-defense farming, cube shard hunting etc!

Ploid 3.0

So when people chase costumes they mean crafting them? I started going for the terminal cube shards to get a card per day and today I got Iron Man Stealth costume. I suppose I could keep doing that and every third costume I can craft and hope for a good costume.

Chase costumes is the term used for costumes you can only acquire through random drops. Not sure if they can also drop from crafting, though.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, I'm low on sleep.

Ploid 3.0

Chase costumes is the term used for costumes you can only acquire through random drops. Not sure if they can also drop from crafting, though.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, I'm low on sleep.

Yeah I was wondering why they were called chase. So costumes drop huh, I hope they appear on the screen when you leave the area like splinters and uniques.

Yoday

They really need to start turning on some kind of AA when taking screen shots for these teases. I use FXAA through my videocard drivers, and it makes a world of difference. Otherwise, looks great and I am very much looking forward to Nightcrawler.

Lord Phol

They really need to start turning on some kind of AA when taking screen shots for these teases. I use FXAA through my videocard drivers, and it makes a world of difference. Otherwise, looks great and I am very much looking forward to Nightcrawler.

Yeah AA does wonders for this game, it's a bit demanding though since the game itself is quite a performance hog.

inky

So when people chase costumes they mean crafting them? I started going for the terminal cube shards to get a card per day and today I got Iron Man Stealth costume. I suppose I could keep doing that and every third costume I can craft and hope for a good costume.

Chase costumes were a special sort of costume that was going to be drop only and was never going to be on the store. When they added splinters and modified th drop rates they started selling them on the store for $13.50 but only during a limited time. They only have them available now during sales and some special weekends. Some chase costumes examples are the white Black Widow/Jean outfits, Hulk 2099, Battle Armor Thor and Golden Mk I armor Iron Man. Basically everyone on the launch lineup has a chase costume. They can also be crafted, but they have a lower chance to appear.

They were supposed to be these ultra rare drops, but now every costume is an ultra rare drop, so they just became expensive, limited availabilty costumes. Some are just recolors while others are pretty unique looking.

They have handled the whole chase costume thing very poorly imo. They should just be a permanent addition to the store nowadays because some of them are certainly not worth the price or the artificial scarcity.

GManDH

Chase costumes were a special sort of costume that was going to be drop only and was never going to be on the store. When they added splinters and modified th drop rates they started selling them on the store for $13.50 but only during a limited time. They only have them available now during sales and some special weekends. Some chase costumes examples are the white Black Widow/Jean outfits, Hulk 2099, Battle Armor Thor and Golden Mk I armor Iron Man. Basically everyone on the launch lineup has a chase costume. They can also be crafted, but they have a lower chance to appear.

They were supposed to be these ultra rare drops, but now every costume is an ultra rare drop, so they just became expensive, limited availabilty costumes. Some are just recolors while others are pretty unique looking.

They have handled the whole chase costume thing very poorly imo. They should just be a permanent addition to the store nowadays because some of them are certainly not worth the price or the artificial scarcity.

I think they should have always been drops. or add a new chase costume and put the old one in stores. the only thing that is drop worthy and ppl get excited for now are uniques, but even now uniques are getting more and more common with help potions and all.

inky

I think they should have always been drops. or add a new chase costume and put the old one in stores. the only thing that is drop worthy and ppl get excited for now are uniques, but even now uniques are getting more and more common with help potions and all.

Forget the help potions, everything in this game is becoming "just go to your preferred NPC slot machine and get it there, no matter what you are looking for" Uniques, costumes, characters, etc. they got it. I love loot games, but what I love about them is that the loot comes from killing stuff, from doing your routes, killing bosses, etc.

Yes, you can ignore boxes, yes there is basically no trade so it shouldn't affect me what others do in their game, but in the end they are just making a game where you grind for currencies, and pull a lever to get the loot. A worse concept than Diablo 3's AH imo. The appeal is going to be more to get all the different heroes with their unique powers and level them up than the loot itself, and that is an idea I'm not particularly fond of, even though I love Marvel's braod hero pool.

Top Bottom