• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

vocab

JDeluis said:
Is the "Gonna take you on a ride" lyrics in the game? From the IGN review video all I hear is the instrumental version. I need the song!

:(

Why wouldn't they include it? This is the version that is supposed to replace the DC version. Arcade perfect or bust.

viewtiful_dru said:
supreme.jpg

Is that a chicken supreme? We would need some cactus juice to wash that down.

amingo-stance.gif

i remember having this on my PS2. big fan but the gameplay was a bit overwhelming for me (huge combos, perfect timing, etc), always adapted myself better to CvsS 2. they should bring that one to PSN/LIVE.

and to keep in line with the thread, FUCK THE KNICKS!!

Ryll

"I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S.!" I love some Jill-Beta and Jin-Beta action, with some assistance from Tron-Gamma, Marrow-Beta, or Colossus-Alpha.

MechDX

With this games potential sales and BF 1943's huge numbers I am really starting to believe we will be deluged with XBLA/PSN content in the next 6 months.

I WANT MY DAMN POWERSTONE COLLECTION WITH ONLINE PLAY CAPCOM!!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
The memes that have sprouted up due to MvC2 are perhaps the most unfunniest the internet has ever produced.

I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash that comes with discovering that Magneto/Storm/Cable/Sentinel aren't an automatic win button if you don't know how to play the game.

They'll be a fixture for high level play, sure, but I'd give it a few weeks before everyone is back to picking people they actually like.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sittori said:
I can't wait for this game to come out. Around what time will it be out? I've read a few different times on the thread. (EST)

5AM EST. Anything else is WRONG.

MS has a STANDARD time, the thing you should be asking is: When the fuck does PSN update (in two weeks) :lol .

Rorschach

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I'm waiting for the inevitable backlash that comes with discovering that Magneto/Storm/Cable/Sentinel aren't an automatic win button if you don't know how to play the game.
Besides this year's final at Evo, no one has used Cable for years in high level play. It's usually Magneto/Sentinel/Storm/Psylocke/Captain Commando with Psylocke and CC mostly used as strikers.

mattso

Anyone know how big the file size is?

I'm going to buy this first thing tomorrow. I'm going to promptly get my ass handed to me.

I've owned this on the dc, still own it for the ps2 and I can't turn down the chance to own it on a current gen console (plus online!)

I'd like to think I was decent but I only played a few friends locally so who knows.

I usually used megaman, iceman and jill or guile

TheSeks

mattso said:
Anyone know how big the file size is?

I'm going to buy this first thing tomorrow. I'm going to promptly get my ass handed to me.

I've owned this on the dc, still own it for the ps2 and I can't turn down the chance to own it on a current gen console (plus online!)

I'd like to think I was decent but I only played a few friends locally so who knows.

I usually used megaman, iceman and jill or guile

Probably 800 megs. It was on a DC GD-ROM (which wasn't overly huge if ripped isos/down-sized to a CD-RW which is like 700 megs.

But we dunno until it releases. Could have extra options along with the menu that bumps the size up.

Yes Boss!

Hi, new to this game and not quite sure which system to buy it for. Word is that these are going to be identical releases? Help me GAF.

Darkman M

Yes Boss! said:
Hi, new to this game and not quite sure which system to buy it for. Word is that these these are going to be identical releases? Help me GAF.

Ps3 version is not out till August 12 or 13th so we wont know the differences if any for a minute i would guess. PS3 version got a 9 on ign 360 an 8.7 i think due to slow menu or something like that.

Gantz

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Hi, new to this game and not quite sure which system to buy it for. Word is that these these are going to be identical releases? Help me GAF.

Get the 360 version. People won't kick you out of rooms for not using a headset :lol

Yes Boss!

Darkman M said:
Ps3 version is not out till August so we wont know the differences if any for a minute i would guess.

Oh shit. Did not realize that. Guess that solves the question.

Gantz said:
Get the 360 version. People won't kick you out of rooms for not using a headset :lol

I'm actually a solo player, so no online for me. In any case, 360 version it is!

TheSeks

Yes Boss! said:
Hi, new to this game and not quite sure which system to buy it for. Word is that these are going to be identical releases? Help me GAF.

As if you had to ask: PS3 version. Why? Better D-pad.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
TheSeks said:
As if you had to ask: PS3 version. Why? Better D-pad.
LOL.

Just because the 360 d-pad is an order of magnitude worse than the Dualshock, that does not make the Dualshock retroactively "good." Stupid overton window.

Although at least you can use decent 3rd party USB controllers (see: Saturn) on the PS3, so it's got that going for it.

TheSeks

Gantz said:
:lol the d-pad is just as atrocious. Play the game with a stick like it's meant to be played.

Make Arcade sticks mandatory with console purchases and then we'll talk. Until then, I'm not paying $100 for maybe 3-4 games that'll use it. Toodles!

I say the same thing for people that go "OMFG GET A RACING WHEEL," buy it for me and I will. Otherwise I use the default controller, so shhh.

Hypecube

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
LOL.

Just because the 360 d-pad is an order of magnitude worse than the Dualshock, that does not make the Dualshock retroactively "good." Stupid overton window.

Although at least you can use decent 3rd party USB controllers (see: Saturn) on the PS3, so it's got that going for it.

There's nothing retroactively good about the Dualshock. It's always been good.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hypecube said:
There's nothing retroactively good about the Dualshock. It's always been good.
A segmented d-pad and 4 face buttons.

Yeah, that's the kind of controller I look for in my Capcom fighters, I tell ya.

akilshohen said:
isn't the whole top tier cheap in this game?
No such thing as "cheap," guys. Blah blah play to win etc.

Hypecube

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:

Yeah, that's the kind of controller I look for in my Capcom fighters, I tell ya.

Don't blame your lack of skill and manual dexterity on the DS3.

But lucky for use PS3 owners, The platform is pretty open so we can plug in just about any type of USB controller. From arcade sticks to the Saturn USB controllers.

Open standers FTW

Darkman M

Hypecube said:
Don't blame your lack of skill and manual dexterity on the DS3.

But lucky for use PS3 owners, The platform is pretty open so we can plug in just about any type of USB controller. From arcade sticks to the Saturn USB controllers.

Open standers FTW

:lol Dualshock is great but nothing beats a stick for fighters sorry.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sixfortyfive said:

No such thing as "cheap," guys. Blah blah play to win etc.
Eh? MVC 2 only uses 4-buttons.

Yeah now that's a good reason to get the PS3 version over the 360.

Top Bottom