• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Did anyone unlock all the artwork and everything too in the PS2/Xbox version? That was really insane. As if the character and color unlocking wasn't enough, you had artwork that increased points at the same rate.

I can't imagine the time involved to get all that.

Main team

Wolverine
Hayoto
BB Hood

Others I use on occasion

War Machine
Silver Samurai
Felicia
SonSon
Jin

I pick my favorite characters based on originality and unique moveset rather than tier, so I obviously don't play competitively.

Wizpig

Wait a second, no Sirlin on this [not that big of a problem], characters broken like in the old version [well, i did say i want the original experience... sigh] but BACKBONE?

THE Backbone that managed to make the multiplayer mode of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 lag online?

I don't usually have a lot of lag in SF 2 HD, will this one use the same "anti-lag" thing SF 2 has?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wizpig said:
I don't usually have a lot of lag in SF 2 HD, will this one use the same "anti-lag" thing SF 2 has?

It's using the same code, yes. What remains to be seen is if that code is up to GGPO levels.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
FrenchMovieTheme said:
is there no quarter mode in the game?

i.e. you can have 6 people in the lobby watching the game and then winner stays, next person is up, etc

I thought this was confirmed already?

Do most people here prefer the quarter mode over regular 1v1 lobbies?

I would rather just keep doing rematches than waiting 5 rounds for my turn again.

vincent vega said:

I would rather just keep doing rematches than waiting 5 rounds for my turn again.

I enjoy watching friends play against each other and waiting my turn. Perfectly recreates the arcade experience imho.

I am bummed. Got up this morning thinking it was MvsC2 time only to be denied. Don't XBLA games usually come out on Tuesdays? :(

vincent vega said:

I enjoy watching people play, downtime after losses, really earning winstreaks against multiple different opponents and the party chat/trash talk. So yeah, I love quarter matches.

If I'm in the mood for 1v1, I'll create the room accordingly. Win-Win.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
_dementia said:
I enjoy watching people play, downtime after losses, really earning winstreaks against multiple different opponents and the party chat/trash talk. So yeah, I love quarter matches.

If I'm in the mood for 1v1, I'll create the room accordingly. Win-Win.

Exactly. There is really zero excuse for their exclusion in this day and age :(

Et tu, Street Fighter IV :(

Is this out yet ?

I get the impression from some posts that people are already playing it.
Unless they're still talking about older versions.

Diablohead said:
Seems like everyone here is going to whore out cable, glad I don't use him much :D

This is why online multiplayer is gonna end up pissing me off as 95% of players are gonna end up using cable.

supreme.jpg

Slowdown? In my menu screens? *rage throws EX2 through LCD*

Good review. Glad to see the port (and the net code) held up well.

I can't really see myself playing this in widescreen, it would be way too distracting.

And I have to wonder why they disabled pre-fight character switching for online play - loading issues? Whiny gamers? Or just an oversight?

I have never spent any amount of time with this game, so I don't know who is going to make up my team. However, I do know this: Mega Man. I don't care if he sucks the big one Ron Jeremy style, it's motherfucking Megaman and by god, I'm going to be Megaman!

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Slowdown? In my menu screens? *rage throws EX2 through LCD*

Good review. Glad to see the port (and the net code) held up well.

I can't really see myself playing this in widescreen, it would be way too distracting.

And I have to wonder why they disabled pre-fight character switching for online play - loading issues? Whiny gamers? Or just an oversight?
probably to avoid the glitch that allows the exploiting player to get first attack

TwIsTeD

got the day off tomorrow but a new job prospect has given me an afternoon interview but i`m bringing the team back tomorrow with my pringles!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Yeah, I plan sticking with 4x3, with the "classic" sprite setting. I'm not a fan of filters and stuff in ports unless they really do a fantastic job.

Pretty excited for this — haven't played the game in, like, eight years, though.

TheFallen

chun li's thighs said:
EDIT: The only disparity I see in the reviews is a mention of a framerate hiccup on the character selection screen. Seems pretty lame to me.
Even more so is that the video reviews are both 9.0s without even mentioning. Lazy website.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Gouty said:
So what was the final verdict on these?
Satisfactory. A must for any pad user that need something besides the stock 360 pad, but not perfect. The d-pad is a bit too floaty for my tastes, the pad is larger than it needs to be, and I prefer convex/concave button rows.

But it's still usable and good overall.

KAL2006

Banned
Gouty said:
So what was the final verdict on these?

9220363_sa.jpg

Hated it at first and now I love it. The trick is to be gentle when using the D Pad. Dont know what i`d do without it. I used to love the PS1/2 controller, but this controller kills it IMO.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Much fun will be had beating everyone on GAf :D

Main team:
BH/SENT/CAP

Backup:
SENT/STRIDER/DOOM

Random Team:
MEGAMAN/SENT/AKUMA

Add me:
XBL: n33ss

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Thanks everyone for the input, though with reviews like that I’m not any closer to a decision. That 360 pad is absolutely horrendous but having the Madcatz break down on me sounds terrible as well. I guess I could buy it from Best Buy and get a warranty.

Why won’t Microsoft fix their own controller?

Why can’t Madcatz make a durable pad?

Why aren’t there any other companies out there producing game controllers for the 360?

What is wrong with this world?

I love the Madcatz pads.. They are great.

Yea I've actually already gone through one.. but I put well over 300+ hours of playtime on it through Street Fighter 4 and it still works just the bottom of the DPad got a bit mushy since I kept jamming on it.

I have another 200+ hours on another and its going strong.

Its a great pad and I highly recommend it.

You lucky Xboxen, I have to wait 2 more weeks :(

Guile/Cammy/Tony Stark bringing the pain yo

I am excruciatingly bad at this game:lol

Wizpig

DimmuBurgerKing said:
I have never spent any amount of time with this game, so I don't know who is going to make up my team. However, I do know this: Mega Man. I don't care if he sucks the big one Ron Jeremy style, it's motherfucking Megaman and by god, I'm going to be Megaman!
Megaman-Roll-Chun-Li for me :O

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Diablohead said:
xbla games are live at around 8am in the UK right? some reason I was thinking 1am but i'm sure that's pst or something.

2PST, 5EST, 10-12UKST

I think 12, though. But don't hold me to that.

Also I find it funny how many people are just getting into the game. Where were you 10 years ago? :lol

(Also, I wish I could get both but given the money stuff I have to wait two weeks instead of day-one-ing both versions. :()

JDeluis

Is the "Gonna take you on a ride" lyrics in the game? From the IGN review video all I hear is the instrumental version. I need the song!

:(

Sittori

Banned
I can't wait for this game to come out. Around what time will it be out? I've read a few different times on the thread. (EST)

Top Bottom