• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

MMaRsu said:
Super laser?

ehh

ryu%20mvc.png

MMaRsu

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Not really a laser though :p. More like a beam of energy coming out of his hands :p.

Hadoken :p

What about the Dark Phoenix btw? Isn't she hella powerful as well?

gibration

Captain N said:
what is everyones team going to be? I might go with Iron Man & Spider-Man..not sure on a third yet.
I think I speak for everyone,
Magneto, Sentinel, and Storm. jk
My teams probably going to be: Magneto, Cable, Storm/Psylocke

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Roto13 said:
In previous versions, to have the same character on your team multiple times, you had to unlock all of the characters and colours.

EDIT: I'm too slow. :p

Since everything is unlocked from the start, it stands to reason that you'll be able to do it from the get go in the PS360 version. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Backbone overlooked that feature entirely. It's exactly the kind of thing they would do.

Well, in the Giant Bomb 1 Year Anniversary video, they were showing MvC2 on XBLA, and a guy was using 3 Servbots, so its confirmed you can use 3 characters.

My questions gone unanswered though: Is there an easier way to pick colours (i.e. like SFIV) or must I still memorize which button to press?

enzo_gt said:
My questions gone unanswered though: Is there an easier way to pick colours (i.e. like SFIV) or must I still memorize which button to press?
You're gonna have to memorize them. Just go into Training mode and find out that way.

i think my favorite team is juggernaut, wolverine (bone claws!), and iceman/omega red/hulk. but i dont know, ill mix it up. the only people i can't use are dhalism and that lego guy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jet Grind Radio! said:
You're gonna have to memorize them. Just go into Training mode and find out that way.

Thanks. My team use to be a mix of Iron Man/Cable/Ruby Heart/Megaman depending on who I fancy at the moment. Usually Cable/Ruby/Megaman but I'm dedicated to learn new characters like Strider, who I wasn't so pro with at first.

LQX

At first I really was pissed to hear all the characters were unlocked. I remember playing the shit out of this on Dreamcast single player to get all the unlocks, me and a friend even traded off taking turns but now that I look back I think its for the better as no way I could sit like I did back then and play for hours unlocking characters.

My team usually consisted of Captain (so CHEESY) Commando, Ken and Spider-Man or Strider.

I'm the only good Jill playing I've seen, everybody asks how I'm so good with her, haha

Cable
BBHood
Jill

That was my team from the start. Definitely going to look into higher tier characters such as the Magneto, Sentinal, and Storm team.

Oh no way! Already unlocked? My brother will be happy. :lol

I wasn't too worried, I unlocked it all on the Dreamcast the hard/fun way! Didn't mind having to do it again.

My team has always been Ryu/Cable/Wolverine since I first played it in the arcades, its funny I just picked Cable at the start cause he was new and I liked Cable now years later he's like the zomg everyone picks him character! :lol But I always picked him, before the bandwagon damn it!

ITS MHARVEL BABY!

Plinko said:
I voiced the same opinion and was thoroughly mocked for doing so earlier this year. The common response was "Why should we have to wait for something we want right from the beginning?"

For some reason fighting game fans feel as if they shouldn't have to work for anything.

What do other players' work ethics have to do with your enjoyment of it?

Wizpig

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I would have liked to unlock stuff, but I can understand people wanting to jump right in.
I cannot understand that.

It will be my first time playing this game, and i want the original experience, even if that means having 80% of the characters because the other 20% is too hard to unlock.

I don't know, was that broken team [Magneto Cable and Storm i think?] something to unlock or not?
Either way, we'll see people with those characters on day-1 now...

I don't really know why XBLA games are like this... [Outrun Live, all cars unlocked from the beginning, etc.]

Ecto311

Searched and didn't find shit.

Is this going to be available on amazon the morning of it coming out or do I have to rack up some stupid points to get this on 360?

CPS2

Wizpig said:

It will be my first time playing this game, and i want the original experience, even if that means having 80% of the characters because the other 20% is too hard to unlock.

I don't know, was that broken team [Magneto Cable and Storm i think?] something to unlock or not?

I don't really know why XBLA games are like this... [Outrun Live, all cars unlocked from the beginning, etc.]

(assuming this is not a joke post)

On the older versions more than half the characters were locked at the beginning, including Magneto, Storm, Sentinal, and plenty of other characters that people will now be able to use on day 1. But don't forget that day 1 is also day... 3000 something...

Also, sometimes a whole playthrough of arcade mode would be enough points to unlock 1 character. With 20 something characters locked, believe me it's tedious, there isn't anyone who's done it that wants to do it again. If you really want that experience, buy a DC copy or something =/

duffey

Wizpig said:

Because people just want to jump in and play? Why is this all of a sudden an issue? The unlocking in MVC2 was batshit insane and I don't think anyone really cares to spend over 50+ hours (or more!) unlocking a couple of characters that they want to play as. If you wanna do that, that's all on you, but this game has been out for years. It's not like we're getting any surprises.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
red shoe paul said:
I'm the only good Jill playing I've seen, everybody asks how I'm so good with her, haha

I'm not bad with Jill. Problem is landing her Zombie/Dog/Crow/Tyrant attacks. Otherwise you could just punch punch kick your way to a super Elbow/Rocket.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'll probably make use of a large amount of characters, because I don't take MvC2 seriously at all. If you really want to win, you gotta use Cable/Magneto/Storm/Sentinel and the like. I think we should all be expecting to see those characters quite a bit. :lol

Ironballs

Ecto311 said:
Searched and didn't find shit.

Is this going to be available on amazon the morning of it coming out or do I have to rack up some stupid points to get this on 360?

I'm curious about this as well.

Timedog said:
does ryu suck in this game? I'll never not pick ryu in a fighting game.

He's not that good, but playable in low level play. Just don't think about taking him to tournaments if they start popping up because of the Xbox Live/PSN versions.

Well let me put it this way, I'm also a Ryu player for life and I hate Guile in every SF game. I can't stand playing as Guile or against him. But Guile was one of my main guys in MvC2, while I only picked Ryu at times because he's my all time favorite fighting game character.

As for MAHVEL 2, I think my main team will be Guile, Sentinel, and Cable. I know every scrub will be turtling with Cable, and I'm joining them :p

God, my mind is so wired to SF4 that I'm going to go through some growing pains with this game. I used to have a decent Magneto/Cable/Guile....I don't even remember how to string supers anymore : /

Top Bottom