• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Manus

SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh has this been answered yet? In Ranked/MP can you pick 3x the same character? I sort of hope not...?

I was able to in arcade mode, but haven't tried it out yet for multiplayer.

Timedog said:
I just sent a message telling some dude to "go back to n00b village with your cheat codes" after he beat me. I still haven't figured out how to move my guy.

That was lame of you to say. You should have told him to go home and be a family man.

Timedog said:
You on 360? Let's get down, baby!

I played in a lobby with some dude from GAF earlier and I just mashed all buttons at once with the team of Sentinel, Storm, and Magneto and won 2 matches. I think I changed characters like 30 times in each match inadvertantly. When I played him I picked some random team and got scrubbed out.

Let's get it on...in about 7 hours, that's when I get off work, lol!

What's your GT??

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
downloading now.... wonder what this will be like. hahaha

Mmarsu said:
Timedog we can play some later tonight man if you want

Timedog rocks a 1 bar connection to the NL in SFIV, don't expect too much....

played about 20 games or so online. very good experience overall. there were a couple hiccups but what do you expect? the games were smooth!

of course 80% of the time when i played a ranked match here comes magneto, storm, and a 3rd character never used. dirty fucks :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:
Catfish we gotta play later tonight..
fair enough.

I fucking suck, played my first game online, didn't know how to tag out.... got 3x koed. oops

DustinC

Whyyyyyy do I have to work all fucking day! Can't wait to get home and download this tonight, really happy that the netcode seems to hold up.

G-Fex

Well I woke up pretty early to play it and well wow did I fail with the characters I wanted like Magneto, but turns out I'm actually pretty good with Strider, so my current team is Spidey, Captain America, and Strider. Almost beat one dude today!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
TheSeks said:
Light/Hard. YES. MEDIUM. NO. Medium punch is barely in the game anyway (it's set to light-light if I remember right), so just adjust to the four button gameplay (set hard-p/k on L/R1 like I have stated and someone else pretty much said in an explination to newbies) and you'll be fine I'm sure.

The same way you do it in Street Fighter?
KICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICK...

God, it seems like some of you need some major hand holding to even play this game. :lol

See above. Map HP/HK to bumpers/wherever else that's easy for you to mash two buttons at the same time and stop crying, please?

NO and they never were true. Get a PSN card.

Mediums are only usable in combos for this game. Upon connecting with a light attack, hitting the light attack button again will issue the medium (to auto combo). This was because most people didn't even use mediums in MvC1 except in combos anyway.

The retail packages are still in the Gamestop reserve system, so it's still possible that they'll be announced by Capcom (or scrapped). Don't buy a PSN card yet.

I feel like the 8 hours that everyone will have been playing while I am at work is making them exponentially better in this game then me!

ARGH! :lol

TheDuce22

Banned
Wow im rusty.

Smokey said:
So is there any (significant problems) seeing how this is a Backbbone port before I shell out the 1200 pts?

Its just like every other port theyve done. Not sure what the issue is.

I love this game. Never been good at it (or any fighter for that matter). I can still beat my friends but after getting beat down in these games at college I realized there's a whole 'nother level of skill. What's good about all that is that I can still whoop my friends :D .

I'm thinking about picking up the TE stick from local gamestop because they have it in stock, but it feels kinda strange to spend $150 on top of the $15 download. I actually have a stash of extra money for just such an occasion, but I'm still having a hard time justifying the purchase.

profit

Just played some matches with squirrel and gibration, and the game really started lagging, no idea how. Sorry guys.

Grifter

TurtleSnatcher said:
I feel like the 8 hours that everyone will have been playing while I am at work is making them exponentially better in this game then me!

ARGH! :lol

The past decade can't have helped.

I might double dip with this one - though I should be getting my TE stick soon and haven't played MvC2 in too damn long. Well, up until a few days ago. Whipped out the Dreamcast and played again for kicks. I'm not that good with this one, but would love to play people. Anyone else going to double dip?

EDIT: Damn, didn't realize this was 1200 boca-bucks; guess I'll wait it out for PS3 version!

Xizk

Just bought this. Tried to play arcade mode but didn't go so well, so I went into practice mode and I'm focusing on learning the moves. The first character I've been learning is Strider Hiryu and it's going pretty well. Haven't really decided on the rest of my lineup so will have to try the different characters and find out which ones I like.

Bought the standard edition fighting sticks for SFIV and I can't believe how much more fun it's to play fighting games, compared to when I used to only play with pads. Now I just need to convince one of my friends to play with me so I have someone I can learn with.

Top Bottom