• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

d0c_zaius

Nachkebia said:
I don`t know dude, I have never played this game and I am at work :lol

Oh no I was laughing along with you. This :
Timedog said:
I'm REAL fuckin sick and tired of this bullshit. How do you play this game? I tried to play some dude and I can't even move my guy, I just kept getting hit the entire match. I played like 10 matches and I don't think I hit him more than once or twice per match. Then I sent him a message saying "u suck n00b. stop using cheat codes."

Where can I learn how to move my guy. I thought you used the directional pad.

made me laugh as this is how I looked at MvC2 years ago, until someone explained to me the differences to look out for vs. other fighting games. Although I sent the guy that whooped me a message saying "ive got a lot to learn" heh.

Some of the SF4 crowd looking for that pace of game are in for a surprise:lol

MMaRsu

Just won my first ranked match.. so awesome. I had Ryu,Magneto and Sentinel.. no lag at all and kicking that dude's ass! HELL YEAH PRINGLES BABY

Nachkebia

Banned
d0c_zaius said:
Oh no I was laughing along with you. This :

made me laugh as this is how I looked at MvC2 years ago, until someone explained to me the differences to look out for vs. other fighting games. Although I sent the guy that whooped me a message saying "ive got a lot to learn" heh.

Some of the SF4 crowd looking for that pace of game are in for a surprise:lol

:lol We can at least choose SF cast :lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I legitimately have no idea if I'm good at this game at all. I played about 5 player matches and won all of them against different people, but I definitely don't understand this game at all.

It's really fun, though. Cyclops seems broken.

Dahbomb said:
Some tips for the newcomers:

Triggers = Assists
Shoulder Buttons = Two punches and Two Kicks so that doing supers is easier
You can also make the Shoulder buttons Both Lights/Both Strong which will allow you to switch characters (more on this latter).

Great post. I was trying to set up my controls like this in the 360 version but couldn't find a way to set two actions to one button.

Diablohead said:
Nah that's just being lazy, never had a problem doing ubers and shit on a dreamcast pad myself.

My cousin would always destroy me on the DC version. I said "you won't be able to do that to me on the PS2 version", he said "yeah, whatever". We play the PS2 version and I dominate with my turtling Cable. After he learned that I used macros he thought it was cheating.

But anyways, multiple button presses for a pad isn't that great depending on the controller. It's not that hard either but it'll take most regular players(like myself) some getting use to. I'll be using a DS3 on the PS3 and I don't recall a single game from PS1 to PS3 that required me to press square+triangle or X+circle. So the first couple weeks I won't be surprised if I'm shouting in anger for missing my supers.

Dahbomb said:
Shoulder Buttons = Two punches and Two Kicks so that doing supers is easier
You can also make the Shoulder buttons Both Lights/Both Strong which will allow you to switch characters (more on this latter).

Hold up, this game does have macros? I thought it didn't, is this confirmed?

Rice-Eater said:
My cousin would always destroy me on the DC version. I said "you won't be able to do that to me on the PS2 version", he said "yeah, whatever". We play the PS2 version and I dominate with my turtling Cable. After he learned that I used macros he thought it was cheating.

But anyways, multiple button presses for a pad isn't that great depending on the controller. It's not that hard either but it'll take most regular players(like myself) some getting use to. I'll be using a DS3 on the PS3 and I don't recall a single game from PS1 to PS3 that required me to press square+triangle or X+circle. So the first couple weeks I won't be surprised if I'm shouting in anger for missing my supers.
:lol

RefigeKru

Banned
remz said:
light and hard are already on differant buttons.
I meant like...

Square = Light Punch
Triangle = Medium Punch
RI = Hard Punch

Or however I had it on the PS2 version.

Hasn't Medium always been distance based in this game?

My memory is a tad hazy but I remember onlying using face buttons for the air combos in the demo, and in all honesty it felt weird.

V_Arnold

Bought this , started some ranked (no real lag experienced here), this game IS awesome.
Not the elegancy of SFIV of course , BUT I can choose Psylocke, Cyclops and Cap at the same time!!4 : )

Now.... let us find a good guide for the gameplay, now.

RefigeKru said:
I meant like...

Square = Light Punch
Triangle = Medium Punch
RI = Hard Punch

Or however I had it on the PS2 version.
that was never in this game. I never played the PS2/XB1 versions, but on the DC, medium was two presses of the light attack.

Had someone rage quit in my first match. I've only been able to find that one match, I'll try later.

Kamaki

RefigeKru said:
Someone please tell me that we can map light, medium or hard to individual buttons for Punch/Kick.

Please.
Only light and hard attacks, no medium.
And the game has mappable controls.

EDIT: I stand corrected on medium, it is there just not mapped to a button.

remz

Bought this , started some ranked (no real lag experienced here), this game IS awesome.
Not the elegancy of SFIV of course , BUT I can choose Psylocke, Cyclops and Cap at the same time!!4 : )

Now.... let us find a good guide for the gameplay, now.
There's a good matchvid on youtube that will tell you everything you need to know,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

God, I can't get enough of this game Jill/Venom/Random ftw. Any aussies want to play a few rounds?

Kamaki

Just played this game for an hour or two and played a few ranked matches online. Yes to my awesome record of 0 wins and 5 losses.

Wouldn't mind people to just bash around with or show me the ropes :p Easy win right here guys.

Gamertag: Blackberry Cake

Willectro

Banned
Just downloaded and played a few games this morning. I haven't played this since DC days but it seems pretty good so far.

I won't be able to focus on it too much until I master Blazblue. :lol

RefigeKru

Banned
Kamaki said:
Only light and hard attacks, no medium.
And the game has mappable controls.

EDIT: I stand corrected on medium, it is there just not mapped to a button.

Oh well.

I'll be on this after my brother buys it on PSN, which will probably be day one. :)

Anyone else test the Juggernaut damage glitch? Seems to work in training mode. One super completely destroys Wolverine but idk if thats just because its training and I don't really wanna use it online.

Nikashi

Banned
farnham said:
what is the difference between wolverine and wolverine

Regular Wolverine plays like the Wolverine in Xmen :COTA, Bone Claw Wolverine plays like the one from Marvel Super Heroes, afaik.

I'm debating internally whether I should buy this or not.

Marvel still looks great on my TV on Dreamcast through VGA, and I don't really intend to go online much :/

Downloaded and played one ranked match online, which was enough to make me late for work. :lol

Lag free, game moves and plays great (with EX2), and I absolutely crushed a guy who must've been playing with a 360 pad and/or button mashing with my Spidey/Juggs/Charlie team.

Will be back on later today, add me if you want to play. :)

Blueblur1

Game of forever. I just had a sweet match where I was losing terribly but came back and nearly won; my opponent had one character left with a sliver of health. The netcode seems great so far and the quarter lobbies make a huge difference.
Suck it, SFIV.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Just goes to show that MAHVEL is BIG BIDNESS.

The online is great and it controls great as well. Some of the good glitches were taken out like the Power Up Switch with Juggernaut. But if I want that then I'll hook up the Dreamcast.

And the sequel to the first is just as crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ga9Jvdw9U

Yipes is the shit!

"Hittin' me with the Sicily in the middle of Italiy ni**a"
"That's 90%, Welcome to the USA ni**a"

God I'm going to break down and buy the 360 version...

MMaRsu

_dementia said:
I'm debating internally whether I should buy this or not.

Marvel still looks great on my TV on Dreamcast through VGA, and I don't really intend to go online much :/

Buy it so they make a new one

Top Bottom