• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone here god-awful at fighting like me? Well then, if you are, then I have a deal for you! Drop me a PM with your gamertag, or add my tag to your friend list (gamertag: ruxtpin). =P

I can't keep up with the competitive players in a game like this, besides I still like playing with the characters no one ever uses.

KAL2006

Banned
Im liking this port

Capcom/Backbone need to do the same with Capcom VS SNK 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Third Strike and Vampire Savior 2 and PowerStone 2

Askia47

KAL2006 said:
Im liking this port

Capcom/Backbone need to do the same with Capcom VS SNK 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Third Strike and Vampire Savior 2 and PowerStone 2

THIS PLEASE CAPCOM.

MMaRsu

KAL2006 said:
Im liking this port

YES! Especially Third Strike and Powestone 2

Wow I won a match online!

Go BB Hood, Felicia, and Tron.

I dunno why I bought this though. So far it seems like a decent port but I can't play online fighters cause my nerves just can't handle it. I've played one online match of MvC2 and I'm already shaking like a leaf.

This sucks

KAL2006 said:
Im liking this port

As another Naomi game, this seems like a no-brainer. I wonder about SNK's stake making it less likely though.
3S would be nice too.

Omg this game is so chaotic. :lol

This is my first VS. game and for the most of the time I have absolutely no idea what is happening on the screen. Especially coming from playing SFIV for months I'm so lost and have no energy to learn this stuff. Well I hope there's still players online when I'm ready to start my rocky road.

How are the graphics filters working, does it look a little more crisp with them turned on?

Dreamcast version on my HDTV = heavy pixelated graphics.

Xater

So this Backbone port is actually good and I can safely pick it up when the PS3 version is released? That would be cool. Half the time I have no clue what is going on in MvC2 but it's still fun :lol

Arde5643

Xater said:
So this Backbone port is actually good and I can safely pick it up when the PS3 version is released? That would be cool. Half the time I have no clue what is going on in MvC2 but it's still fun :lol

This right here is why I hate this game so much but continues to be entranced and seduced by the excellent 2D animation. :lol

mattso

striKeVillain! said:
Same here, just create a lobby and have someone join it.
took a few minutes but I found some now.

2 matches and already 2 disconnects. One right at the beginning of the match and the other after I wooped his ass.

Teknoman

Almost everyones moves are QCF and some attack button, so keeping track of whats going on should be the only problem.

poserdonut said:
So can I pick pretty much any characters and still have a chance in this game or are there three chars that everybody plays?

With so many, I should think so. Its a crazy crossover game, so just pick your favorites and have fun.

KAL2006 said:
Im liking this port

The Autumn of Capcom. I'd buy every single one of those games. God CVS2 with no lag...

KAL2006

Banned
_dementia said:
As another Naomi game, this seems like a no-brainer. I wonder about SNK's stake making it less likely though.
3S would be nice too.

Your right. I remember Capcom saying both SSF2HDR and MvC2 are based on Dreamcast/NAOMI (note both of those systems have similar hardware. After a simple search I found all the NAOMI/Dreamcast games Capcom have made

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=800
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=801
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Capcom_games#Dreamcast

Notable games from the lists are
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
Capcom VS SNK 2
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Cannon Spike
Vampire Chronicles
Resident Evil 2,3,CVX

What does this mean, well these games should be easy for Capcom to port as Capcom has already ported SSF2HD and MvC2 which use the same tech.

Playing this makes me wish I'd had more time with it back when I played it on the Dreamcast... it has a decently steep adjustment from SF games in general.... moveset is similar, but getting used to the tagging and losing two buttons for attacks to assist is going to take some getting used to.

g0atcheese

Neo Member
I got it today and so far it's pretty fun. I play MvC2 on my PS2 almost everyday anyway, so this was like any other day...with HD upgrade of course :lol

I'm only getting this game to see my peeps play. This is the only fighting game I can't comprehend. For years I try learning how to play this game in ChinaTown Fair or on the DC, but I never got a groove with it. Is like you have to be super human or something to play this game. Is like a bullet hell Cave shooter meets a Capcom fighter. Is just pure madness, lol.

mattso

SoulPlaya said:
Holy shit, I actually won an online game. Lol, I was using Akuma/Ryu/ken, I really gotta learn more movesets.
I beat a guy using that team

then got my ass handed to me by storm/sentinel/magneto and another with cammy/cable/dr. doom

I'm going to have to play this a ton to get that 100 win achievement

KingJ2002

I guess i have something to look forward to when i get home.

but capcom please listen to the fans

Powerstone Live (Powerstone 2 HD w/ new levels and online play)
Darkstalkers Live (Darkstalkers Redrawn in HD w/ full cast and online play)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (upscaled in HD w/ full cast and online play)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (upscaled in HD w/ online play)
Rival Schools Live (HD, Full Cast and online play)

KingJ2002 said:

I second this. One day, one day....

Jinjo

I bought this and even though I absolutely suck it is still awesome.

Can anybody point me to some sort of newbie guide so I know how to play this game properly? :lol

kuYuri

Holy shit, are people saying we already got Clockwork and MSPs running around on LIVE? Fuck, I'm gonna get my ass handed to me at this rate on PSN. :/

I wanna beat down some noobs first before I get beat. :p

AZ Greg

KingJ2002 said:

With the success of HDR and I'm sure the eventual success of this, I'm sure we'll see Third Strike and either Alpha 2 or 3 get this treatment. Not sure about the others, but hopefully.

Askia47

Strider2K99 said:
Holy shit, are people saying we already got Clockwork and MSPs running around on LIVE? Fuck, I'm gonna get my ass handed to me at this rate on PSN. :/

I wanna beat down some noobs first before I get beat. :p

Well the game has been out for 9 years before it got ported. They had plenty of time to practice. :lol :lol

kuYuri

Askia47 said:
Well the game has been out for 9 years before it got ported. They had plenty of time to practice. :lol :lol

Nah man, there are still alot of people (including people in this very thread) who have never played MvC2. A whole new generation of people are going to be introduced to it with this release.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
So what is everyones main teams?
I roll with the new avengers: Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman. ( they appear in that order as well. )

Askia47

Strider2K99 said:
Nah man, there are still alot of people (including people in this very thread) who have never played MvC2. A whole new generation of people are going to be introduced to it with this release.

That’s very true too. I have MvC2 on dreamcast, and for a while ( a friend gave it to me a while back like in 02-03) and I didn’t get into that much until last year.

However I suspect that the competition will be crazy, since people have been practicing in preparation for online.

Yackie

They kept in the character select song, right?

I won't be able to play for a few more hours still, pretending to work and all. I'm not very good at this game either so I'm expecting the online players are going to take me for riiiide. That's ok though.

Yackie said:
They kept in the character select song, right?

I won't be able to play for a few more hours still, pretending to work and all. I'm not very good at this game either so I'm expecting the online players are going to take me for riiiide. That's ok though.

All the original music is there.

KAL2006 said:
Im liking this port

I think Capcom looks at what's viable and what's going on in the tournament scene when the chose Marvel in the first place.

I think of those games, 3rd Strike would be the most likely. As much as I love those games in your list, 3s is the only one that is still relevant and worth a port (from a fighting game scene perspective).

Sorry if another OCD individual already asked this, but what does the arcade layout for VS look like? Same as Street Fighter with the last button of each row being Assists, or...?

DimmuBurgerKing said:
Sorry if another OCD individual already asked this, but what does the arcade layout for VS look like? Same as Street Fighter with the last button of each row being Assists, or...?
LP HP A1
LK HK A2

akakaze

Banned
6300_833966232958_13743199_48221778_3083528_n.jpg

Just made this...am I the first? :lol

Top Bottom