• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Teknoman said:
Quick, someone make the MvC2 friend list.

Also how do you Tech. escape from combos?

You "tech" throws by hitting Forward+HP or Back+HP (the throw command) at the right time. You can escape off the ground combos by rolling with quarter circle forward/backward+P/K while hitting the floor. You'll roll out of the way, invincible to get up safely.

jman2050

Online code is actually really good and I actually won 2 online battles with Cyclops-Tbonne-Capcom. Xbox pad sucks though :lol

kuYuri

akakaze said:
6300_833966232958_13743199_48221778_3083528_n.jpg

Just made this...am I the first? :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Flowcharts still make me laugh. Good job sir.

Teknoman

Thanks for the advice. So thats 3 flowcharts we have now? Ken SFIV, Jin BB, and Cable MvC2? Pretty accurate for the most part :lol

Oh and Venom+Hayato+Captain Commando :D Though I like mixing teams just to try and be unpredictable.

Neither I or my brother had any MvC2 experience but we both bought the game today and just did about 10 matches against each other. We didn't know what we were doing, we sucked really bad and most matches timed out, but damn it was fun. :)

IT'S MAVHEL BAYBEE

mattso

I guess you don't get the achievements if you have to continue in single player

Time for attempt #3 with darkstalkers theme

Net code seems exactly the same as SSFIITHDR, which means I haven't experienced lag yet, but it's a pain in the balls to find a ranked match.

BigJonsson said:
So much fun with my SF4:TE stick, well, at least it was after I realized I had to remap one of the buttons :lol

What layout are you using?
I suppose you could do this, if you mapped all the buttons, right?

assist 1 | light punch | heavy punch | assist 1
assist 2 | light kick | heavy kick | assist 2

XBL: PTCoakley

Good shit so far. I've had like zero lag in the 25 or so matches I've played. I'm not even gonna bother with ranked for this game, though, since it's so much more fun to have instant rematches.

corrosivefrost said:
What layout are you using?
I suppose you could do this, if you mapped all the buttons, right?

assist 1 | light punch | heavy punch | assist 1
assist 2 | light kick | heavy kick | assist 2

Well I have

LP - HP - Assist - unmapped
LK - HP - Assist - unmapped

By default it was LP-HP-Assist 1-assist 2 on the upper level

Was wondering why my 2nd assist wasn't working until i checked

profit

BigJonsson said:
By default both of the assist buttons were on the top level of the stick, so I mapped it to the 3rd button on the bottom where it is in the arcade
Yup, thanks to your post I just noticed this, I wondered why I never could get that other assist out and the 3xhyper combo!

Teknoman

Oh man...GLITCH TIME!

15qdvti.jpg

Just picked Megaman, Iron Man, and Venom, against someone else that was Cyclops, Iron Man, and Iceman.

Somehow our Iron Man characters glitched, appearing as Iceman and then the graphics glitched out as well for special attacks. After a few seconds, the game just froze.

How is this even possible after seeing stuff like that happen in HDR? Either way, how can I report this?

I just sent requests to a bunch of people in the last few pages of replies, if anyone wants a match now I'm on: ShoNuff1982.

Starting to experiment a bit (it's hard to stray too far and still give myself a chance to win), some characters I haven't played regularly with since Xmen vs SF. My Ken and Psyclocke are turrrrrrrrrible.

Ran into my first Cable - infinite opponent. Other than his Hyper Viper beam, he honestly wasn't that great of a player. But he did manage to kill one of my assist characters in one super combo (3 x Hyper Viper Beam, what a surprise), and I lost the match.

Only one match out of nearly 15 has been unplayable due to lag. Very big thumbs up, though it's still hard to find games.

mattso

if anyone wants to add me: fidel mattstro

does anyone know how you do it where the person you switch into is immediately doing their hyper combo?

also, I'm already getting sick of losing to storm/sentinel/cyclops/cable variants :(

Teknoman

mattso said:
if anyone wants to add me: fidel mattstro

does anyone know how you do it where the person you switch into is immediately doing their hyper combo?

also, I'm already getting sick of losing to storm/sentinel/cyclops/cable variants :(

Do one of their super motions a few seconds into your initial super.

flowchart Cable looks like me when I had the game on Dreamcast :lol

the game's so fucking crazy, and that strategy worked, so I stuck with that shit

Manus

Man, I ran into a beast Iron Man today. Took out my team pretty quick. I'm pretty sure he got the achievement to.

Teknoman

Ok ranked match set up screen, press A to confirm i'm ready but I never see any actual confirmation. Goes into the match just fine, but still.

vocab

Teknoman said:
How is this even possible after seeing stuff like that happen in HDR? Either way, how can I report this?

There's a thread on SRK for MVC2 bug list, or you can go straight to capcom unity and find the bug thread.

this is GAF I thought most people here can kick the shit out of most other gamers at any game... that being said, I'm downloading the game, but without having played it yet I can confirm that I suck too, quite so. the only fighting game I was ever any good at was MK3 when it hit arcades and that's because I never left it alone.

SlickVic

brandonh83 said:
So how's the 360 pad with this? I usually buy fighters for PS3 because I prefer that pad, but I want it NOW

I'd love to know this as well. I was going to go for the PS3 version but by the time it comes out I'll be in school (no consoles for me there). Also might be a problem I have no Live Gold but I figure I can find some 48 hour codes from some generous people when I want to play online.

I know the 360 pad is less than ideal for fighters but it was serviceable for me in SF4 so I wonder if it'll be ok for this as well. I was never any good at MvC2 but just remember having a ton of fun with the DC version back in middle school.

SlickVic said:
I'd love to know this as well. I was going to go for the PS3 version but by the time it comes out I'll be in school (no consoles for me there).

screw it man just buy it like I did, another reason I bought it on 360 was because I plan on getting all five of those summer arcade releases anyway and getting an extra 800 points is pretty nice I must admit.

I'm really hating the fact you can't map two commands to one button and the lag that appears whenever the xbox dash symbol pops up. Other than that it's good, minus me sucking...

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Game is great.. been playing online all day with some friends. The party mode is really a blast just to chill and fight when it's your turn.

Captain America is fucking awesome.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I'm really hating the fact you can't map two commands to one button and the lag that appears whenever the xbox dash symbol pops up. Other than that it's good, minus me sucking...

Capcom of Japan always did that favor for us. But apparently Backbone has this elitist attitude that you should actually do it the way it's intended. Well it was intended to be done that way on a arcade stick. Pads are different and should be treated that way. They don't agree so we'll just have to get use to it.

guys hey guys

I know all of you know this but I didn't, I did not know Jill fucking Valentine was a fighter in this

holy shit well I know who I'm going to try to master, I'm gonna take her for a ride

holy shit the first thing I did was launch a zombie crow!!

I think he was killed by a CROWWWW or somethin'

edit: OH SHIT FLAMING ZOMBIE

Whyyyy have I not played this best game ever made before?

mattso

brandonh83 said:

Jill is awesome

It only took me an hour but I won a match!

Here's how it works:

Opponent picks any of the the following: storm/cable/magneto - I definitely lose
Opponent picks anybody else: I most likely lose

hah

brandonh83 said:

Wait until you do the 2-part tyrant super.

Top Bottom