• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Mattlikewhoa said:
Yipes is the shit!

"Hittin' me with the Sicily in the middle of Italiy ni**a"
"That's 90%, Welcome to the USA ni**a"

God I'm going to break down and buy the 360 version...

It's true what they say...Storm is Blue like candy and Black Sentinel owns 90% of Italy. Those videos are great when I'm having a bad day. I can't help but to crack a smile when watching those vids.

-PXG-

Well, I got some extra points. I decided to double dip :D. Now all I have to do is wait for the PS3 version. I prefer my Saturn pad over the SFIV fightpad.

BigAT

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start as far as reading about strategy and such? I haven't played MvC in years and even when I did, it was in an extremely casual setting against friends where we basically just tried to super each other and hope for the best.

-PXG-

Man, I REALLY need a stick. I'm about to play my first online match. I didn't know there was a spectator mode. This is a huuuuuuuuuge plus.

EDIT

Jesus fuck, these guys are good. I'm not going to stand a chance... -___-;

mYm|17|

damn this day is going to go by so slow. I just put the game in my cue so when I get home, it will be downloaded.

Can't wait to play it

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Well I just got my ass handed to me 3 straight times. I'll be back in an hour to see if anyone like me is playing out there, aka hasn't touched the game in 5 years and wasn't good then.

Rlan

Got beaten quite well, many many times.

And surprisingly despite some quite high pings, I've never felt like I've been lagging whatsoever. Awesome.

Jerkbag Cable / Strider / Sentinel players...

-PXG-

poserdonut said:
Can you join lobbies and just spectate? Would be cool for me as a new comer to just get in and watch some matches.

I don't think you can. I wish though. It would be a nice way to learn how and what to do.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just sent a message telling some dude to "go back to n00b village with your cheat codes" after he beat me. I still haven't figured out how to move my guy.

MMaRsu

Timedog said:
I just sent a message telling some dude to "go back to n00b village with your cheat codes" after he beat me. I still haven't figured out how to move my guy.

Oh you :lol :lol

ruxtpin

Banned
BigAT said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start as far as reading about strategy and such? I haven't played MvC in years and even when I did, it was in an extremely casual setting against friends where we basically just tried to super each other and hope for the best.

This. I am. :p

BigAT said:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100

If you wanna know something about game specifics or characters, you'll find it there.

poserdonut said:
Can you join lobbies and just spectate? Would be cool for me as a new comer to just get in and watch some matches.

No I don't think you can. But Capcom should implement that into this, HD and 4. Would make for a greater overall experience.

fuck the two week wait. playing the trial on xbla now. gawd this is going to be a shitty 2 weeks.

EDIT: lol wtf the trial is the same thing as the ps3 demo, local multiplayer only. Fuck the knicks. :lol :lol :lol

Damn this 2 weeks, damn it to hell. Not worth me playing the DC version to tide me over either as my hands will be ruined for the dual-shock by that chunky harsh plastic beast.

bumpkin

SecretBonusPoint said:
Damn this 2 weeks, damn it to hell. Not worth me playing the DC version to tide me over either as my hands will be ruined for the dual-shock by that chunky harsh plastic beast.
The d-pad of the Dreamcast was always its worst feature. It made long play sessions of any sort of fighter absolutely brutal.

SecretBonusPoint said:
so glad I have a stick for my DC :)

Wizpig

Lightning kicks... 360 pad... can't... do...

I don't think i can mash that kick button any faster than i'm already doing, so what's wrong? obviously worked fine in SF 2 and SF 4.

They need to patch the game for ranked matches. Mainly for the time. There is no need for 99 seconds in this game, since there are fucktards that abuse the time to win. I hate that, I will hunt them down.

Except for the above rant, I love it.

bumpkin said:
The d-pad of the Dreamcast was always its worst feature. It made long play sessions of any sort of fighter absolutely brutal.

Thumb blisters, literally. Even the buttons were this horrible hard plastic. Without the sheer pain of performing certain movies, will I be better or worse? Perhaps it was that pain that drove me into a wild flurry of chained combos and assists howling and hissing like a wounded yet enraged animal.

Only time will tell.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Code:
____
                /_ノ  ヽ、_\
         ,. -- 、,  o゚((●)) ((●))゚o
     ,.―<,__    ヽ:::⌒(__人__)⌒::::: \
    /          ヽ  |r┬-|     |
   __|            }.  | |  |     |
  / ヽ,       /  {   | |  |     |
  {    Y----‐┬´   、. | |

What the fuck is this? My browser can't read it. It looked like an owl on my 360. Some dude took 9 hours to type all this crap out on his 360 controller after I told him to go back to "n00b village" where he belonged.

KAL2006

Banned
I didnt know I was this bad. I struggled a bit to just beat this game on normal WTF.
Dashes dont come out as easy as SF4, so I gotta press 2xP to dash. The game is too fast and there is too much stuff going on. The characters seem floaty and the sound effects of hits sound like toys being smacked around. Also the time seems to run out alot for me. Damn I guess I am too used to SF4 and SSF2HDR. I gotta PRACTICE before I even touch online again.

Timedog said:
Code:
____
                /_ノ  ヽ、_\
         ,. -- 、,  o゚((●)) ((●))゚o
     ,.―<,__    ヽ:::⌒(__人__)⌒::::: \
    /          ヽ  |r┬-|     |
   __|            }.  | |  |     |
  / ヽ,       /  {   | |  |     |
  {    Y----‐┬´   、. | |

What the fuck is this? My browser can't read it. It looked like an owl on my 360. Some dude took 9 hours to type all this crap out on his 360 controller after I told him to go back to "n00b village" where he belonged.

Can't see it either, but if I had to guess based on your rage-mail, I'd say it was the "O RLY" owl. :lol

topofuji

Banned
So the 360 version is out...(waiting for the PS3 ver)...

- Backbone. What have they fucked up? I know something has to be wrong. It's Backbone.
- Are the rumors of the retail boxed disc PS3 version coming later on true?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RefigeKru said:
Someone please tell me that we can map light, medium or hard to individual buttons for Punch/Kick.

Please.

Light/Hard. YES. MEDIUM. NO. Medium punch is barely in the game anyway (it's set to light-light if I remember right), so just adjust to the four button gameplay (set hard-p/k on L/R1 like I have stated and someone else pretty much said in an explination to newbies) and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Wizpig said:
>>Lighting Kick, Chun-Li<<

The same way you do it in Street Fighter?
KICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICKKICK...

God, it seems like some of you need some major hand holding to even play this game. :lol

Rice-Eater said:
>>Macros<<

See above. Map HP/HK to bumpers/wherever else that's easy for you to mash two buttons at the same time and stop crying, please?

topopfuji said:
Are the rumors of the retail boxed disc PS3 version coming later on true?

NO and they never were true. Get a PSN card.

KAL2006 said:
I didnt know I was this bad. I struggled a bit to just beat this game on normal WTF.
Dashes dont come out as easy as SF4, so I gotta press 2xP to dash. The game is too fast and there is too much stuff going on. The characters seem floaty and the sound effects of hits sound like toys being smacked around. Also the time seems to run out alot for me. Damn I guess I am too used to SF4 and SSF2HDR. I gotta PRACTICE before I even touch online again.

The game requires far more speed and far less deliberate timing than the SF games. The double taps required for dashes and retreats almost require a stick to use effectively IMO, and the lack of macros (360 version at least I didn't see the option to map PPP or KKK) means that Hyper Combos are going to be a pain in the ass on a pad.

Similarly, I don't think it's easy to pull off Chun Li's lightning leg with your thumb consistently in the versus series, it requires faster taps as the game has to differntiate between you attempting to chain and pull off the move.

And what's the deal with Timedog's posts?

Edit:

Now that I think about it, I've never played a VS game on a console pad without macros. On Xbox Controller S, I used the standard attacks on ABXY, Black and White for team assist, and L for PPP and R for KKK. Talk about a major omission, it's going to be VERY hard for noobs to get into the game without the 'easy' way of performing Hyper combos, even with a fight pad. Telling people who've been playing Street Fighter for years, even if it's on LIVE, to not rely on all 4 face buttons is probably not the best solution.

SecretBonusPoint said:

But you got Live Gold for VO:OT, right*? Why wait then? It's the same price over XBL and PSN.

*sorry I'm not a stalker or anything, I just notice your posts alot because of your avatar for some reason.

topofuji

Banned
TheSeks said:
NO and they never were true. Get a PSN card.

Well just wanted to clear that up. As for the PSN card, I have stacks of them, of both US and JP types (and my own credit card at the ready in case I don't have any at the moment):lol

Prepare to fear the legendary Man-Cube team: Iron Man, Megaman, Spider-Man

Although sometimes I swap out Spidey for War Machine when I feel like dishing out a Robo-Sandwich.

topofuji

Banned
Arpharmd B said:
But you got Live Gold for VO:OT, right*? Why wait then? It's the same price over XBL and PSN.

No, stop! This is exactly what Micro$soft wants you to do! "We got it first! We paid them off for a 2 weeks timed exclusive! Buy it from us now!"
:lol

Oh has this been answered yet? In Ranked/MP can you pick 3x the same character? I sort of hope not...?

Arpharmd B said:

*sorry I'm not a stalker or anything, I just notice your posts alot because of your avatar for some reason.

I am brilliant, yes, like a lighthouse on the shore of a sea of shit. But back on topic: I love VOOT, and enjoy getting my fill, but I also wish it was on PSN. When getting a multiplayer centered game I like to be sure that in a years+ time, I'll be able to fire it up no problem and have a game or two. Thats pretty damn likely with Mahvel. I am dreading when this happens to VOOT a year from now and I'll have to pony up for another 3 month card just to get my hit.

topofuji

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh has this been answered yet? In Ranked/MP can you pick 3x the same character? I sort of hope not...?

You couldn't in the PS3 demo, so I'm doubting it's able in the full game. Would like to know this as well though. I can see it already: teams of 3 Ken's or Ryu's. Or how about 3 Cables?

Does anyone know a good site for buying EU Microsoft points in amounts less than 1200? I need this game really bad and have 950 points worth of leftovers.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Misterinenja said:
Does anyone know a good site for buying EU Microsoft points in amounts less than 1200? I need this game really bad and have 950 points worth of leftovers.

Is there a Euro Zunestore? YOu can buy them in weird chunks there.

Wizpig

TheSeks, i am indeed a noob and all, but if i say i can't do it, it's because i can't do it... in other words, i know it's kick spam, but even when i mash that kick button very fast [a lot more than i did in SF 2 and 4] it doesn't do shit.

I need hand holding, but not for mashing a button... i just want to know why it doesn't work; i'm sure it's easier to do with an Arcade Stick, but christ, if it works with the 360 pad in other games... sigh.

Timedog said:
Code:
&#65343;&#65343;&#65343;_
&#12288; &#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#65295;_&#12494; &#12288;&#12541;&#65380;_&#65340;
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; ,. -- &#65380;,&#12288;&#12288;o&#65439;(&#65288;&#9679;&#65289;) (&#65288;&#9679;&#65289;)&#65439;o
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;,.&#8213;&#65308;,__&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12541;:::&#8978;&#65288;__&#20154;__&#65289;&#8978;::::: &#65340;
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;/&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12541;&#12288;&#12288;|r&#9516;-|&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;|
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;__|&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; }. &#12288;|&#12288;|&#12288; |&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;|
&#12288;&#12288;/&#12288;&#12541;,&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#65295;&#12288; { &#12288;&#12288;|&#12288;|&#12288; |&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;|
&#12288;&#12288;{&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; &#65337;----&#8208;&#9516;´&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12289;.&#12288;|&#12288;|

Bwahahahahahahaha! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I have got to download this game when I get home after work...matter of fact, I should have called in sick. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
Bwahahahahahahaha! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I have got to download this game when I get home after work...matter of fact, I should have called in sick. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

You on 360? Let's get down, baby!

I played in a lobby with some dude from GAF earlier and I just mashed all buttons at once with the team of Sentinel, Storm, and Magneto and won 2 matches. I think I changed characters like 30 times in each match inadvertantly. When I played him I picked some random team and got scrubbed out.

Top Bottom