• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

AnEternalEnigma said:
My friend has played about 20 online games and he shut the game off because everyone of them has been laggy as shit. He shut the game off and wants his $15 back.

your friends internet connection sucks balls then. i'm not saying the game has been 100% smooth all the time online, but laggy as shit? no

FrenchMovieTheme said:
your friends internet connection sucks balls then. i'm not saying the game has been 100% smooth all the time online, but laggy as shit? no

Personally, I think it's just because he's losing and is reaching for reasons why.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Personally, I think it's just because he's losing and is reaching for reasons why.

well it's hard to blame if he's playing a bunch of douchers in ranked mode and they're using storm/sentinel/magneto/etc, but either there isn't really any lag or someone is downloading something on one of his computers at home. the online performance has been good so far

neoism

Well, I'll probably get ALOT of negative feedback from this statement! But this game isn't good at all for new comers! I know I'll just get "stop sucking" or learn how to play". I practiced with Wolverine for about 2 hours, and I know he's an advanced character, and has fucking insanely shitty defense, but out of all of the characters he's my favorite! I decide to go for arcade mode, thinking I know the character pretty good. I do need to get good at 2 other character though, but I basically play for about 3 hours in arcade mode, getting to stage 4, and then this game would not let me get any further! I fucking tried every character I could think of. I couldn't fucking believe EASY fucking mode was this hard. Well, it turns out, this had to be the case, that I put it on Expect by going up from easy by accident! Well, I give up and go to EASY mode, I make sure this time, and get to stage 7, with sadly the cheap tag out attack,(yes I know I suck) but this game is ridiculously CHEAP, but I get to stage 7 and the fucking POWER goes out! So, 6 hours later, I played, and can't even fucking beat Arcade mode. This game is NOT good for beginners! I've wanted this game for a long time, and I'm sadly regretting my purchase. why in the fuck does it have to be so hard! I my as well forget about playing ONLINE,( I'd get PWNED), that's if I could find a game! At least practice mode was fun!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ..............................................

smileycide.gif

inphinite

Neo Member
neoism said:
Well, I'll probably get ALOT of negative feedback from this statement! But this game isn't good at all for new comers! I know I'll just get "stop sucking" or learn how to play". I practiced with Wolverine for about 2 hours, and I know he's an advanced character, and has fucking insanely shitty defense, but out of all of the characters he's my favorite! I decide to go for arcade mode, thinking I know the character pretty good. I do need to get good at 2 other character though, but I basically play for about 3 hours in arcade mode, getting to stage 4, and then this game would not let me get any further! I fucking tried every character I could think of. I couldn't fucking believe EASY fucking mode was this hard. Well, it turns out, this had to be the case, that I put it on Expect by going up from easy by accident! Well, I give up and go to EASY mode, I make sure this time, and get to stage 7, with sadly the cheap tag out attack,(yes I know I suck) but this game is ridiculously CHEAP, but I get to stage 7 and the fucking POWER goes out! So, 6 hours later, I played, and can't even fucking beat Arcade mode. This game is NOT good for beginners! I've wanted this game for a long time, and I'm sadly regretting my purchase. why in the fuck does it have to be so hard! I my as well forget about playing ONLINE,( I'd get PWNED), that's if I could find a game! At least practice mode was fun!:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ..............................................
smileycide.gif

yes cry more please..... some people have the fighting game mindset and it looks like you do not. Have fun losing lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men
-PXG- said:
Correct.

GameStop is offering the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Retail Pack for those who will purchase the game at their stores. For $19.99, you will get the following in the retail package:

- DVD case containing a DVD for artwork, screenshots and trailers in addition to a 8-page color manual
- Voucher code to download the game on the Playstation Store from the Playstation 3
- Free one month subscription to Marvel Digital Comics values at $9.99
- 2000 Capcom-Unity points used for community auctions and prizes

mattso

dicking around with a buddy got me the 100 combo achievement.

now I need to figure out how the hell to get 200....

Manus

mattso said:

Iron Man, Cable, and B.B. Hood use their triple special and it should get you around 200 to 210 hits.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I did not realize, that when I was younger, I was playing with the "higher-tier" characters such as Cable, Iron Man, etc.

I've seen over ten people on the GAF BlazBlue list playing MvC2, but I haven't read through this thread yet. I was wondering if anyone could give the details about the netcode, framerates, and etc. I'm gonna open up the tabs so I can read them at work, but I'd appreciate some info ahead of time. :D

Thanks

AZ Greg

Me and a buddy just got wrecked by some Japanese guy who signed up for XBL just for this game, at least that's what his gamercard makes it look like. Dude was a beast. Hit me with the Magneto infinite a couple of times. :(

Where are the themes man? That background on the game info screen on NXE is tight. I've never looked at one so much and thought "I really want that" - in fact, I've never before purchased a theme and almost entirely refuse to. But I'd like that.

mattso said:

I accidentally got one for over 300 in a match with my roommate using Iron Man/Iron Man/
..IRON MAN
:lol :lol :lol I love this game. It's so broken, but that makes it so much more hilarious and fun.

HiResDes

I thinks its really funny that I can tell if the person I'm playing is high level or not just by the players they choose...I went against this guy Just BLaze 17, fucking incredible, hit me into several infinites.
Still I can't complain I'm 7 and 3 so far.

outsidah

Bought!

Played a crappy match using regular XBOX pad, won against a dude that was playing shittier than I was... next match I got owned by a Cammy.

Lots of practice needed.... too much 2D goodness all of a sudden after a drought for so many years!

Arent you guys feeling overwhelmed on what to play?

MMaRsu

inphinite said:
yes cry more please..... some people have the fighting game mindset and it looks like you do not. Have fun losing lol

What the fuck dude tells a normal story and you tell him to stop sucking. What the hell dude.

Anyway, that sucks for you neoism. We should play some games sometimes.. I'm not that good..

neoism said:

smileycide.gif

just stick with it and develop a strategy. wolverine is actually a very good/useful character. now you want someone to compliment him so you may go with a big guy (juggernaut/colosus/zangief) and then go with a long range guy (ryu/ken/akuma/dr. doom/iron man/etc). that way you're covered on all bases: you have your melee guy in wolverine, your powerhouse, and your projectile.

just mix and match. the game is very easy on the surface but the true fun comes in utilizing your team properly against the opponent!

LiK

this is weird, the menu screen keeps stalling for me. i click on Single Player or any of the other options and it doesn't load out the rest of the menu. i just see the wavy background and the music just loops. i tried restarting the game and resetting my 360. same deal.

gonna red/l the game and see if that fixes the problem. i played the game fine earlier today...

edit: deleted and red/led the game but still not working. noone else got this problem? :(

mattso

I think I have a decent team going with jill, juggernaut, and either megaman or jin

I've won a few player matches with them and 1 out of the 3 ranked I've done with them.

Player matches seem to be a ton easier than ranked...

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
too many rage quitters in this game. I do a simple hyper grav xx magnetic tempest combo with mags and they just quit :(

Top Bottom