• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

brandonh83 said:
I did the Tyrant attack

just... shit.......... my fucking

pants
Did you do the 2nd part where
Jill stands back up and finishes the tyrant with her rocket launcher

Also use her support often, green herb gives back any HP you have in red to a certan %

Diablohead said:
Did you do the 2nd part where
Jill stands back up and finishes the tyrant with her rocket launcher

Also use her support often, green herb gives back any HP you have in red to a certan %

no but I need to learn that shit asap.

Damn was playing some quarter matches and got the 100hit combo achievement without doing an infinite. :D

But I was getting my butt kicked by one guy who is masterful at comboing his assist characters.

LiK

hmm, some minor audio popping or crackle during the VS screen before the match. and i can't skip when it's showing the next stage screen. looks like it's loading there.

plays great offline. haven't tried online yet.

jacobs34

So this is my first time playing MvC2 and my god is it awesome. The only problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to pull off any high level combos, can someone direct me to some kind of beginners guide to to this game please?

Wow with this game, Street Fighter 4 and HD Remix I am in fighter heaven right now.

Yama

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Damn was playing some quarter matches and got the 100hit combo achievement without doing an infinite. :D

But I was getting my butt kicked by one guy who is masterful at comboing his assist characters.
Infinites dizzy characters after 50 hits anyway, they also scale. Such a common misconception...

Anyhow, add me (YamaMX) for anyone seeking some decent matches. High level play or low tier fun is welcome. :)

mYm|17|

cousin rocked the shizznit out of me with:

Magneto/Storm/Cyclops
Magneto/Storm/Psylocke
Magneto/Storm/Sentinel

At least I beat him once............lol

mernst23

So I'm 19-7.

Out of the 7 losses:
Every team had cable
1 did the iron man juggle
3 teams spammed the sentinel assist
1 game i picked roll instead of strider (doh)

I've only used cable twice.

How much fun is it to do the high tier bullshit straegy? Honestly?

MMaRsu

I got that snap back achievement called "get back here" or something like that lol.

Ryu/Magneto/Sentinel ftw

Teknoman

Yackie said:
I don't think I'll be able to get any of the achievements for this game. :lol They all look impossible to me.

Nah, a few are easy. The Ranked win totals and the defeat opponent with a Triple Super are easy.

I think i'm like 18-14 or something. Alot of the losses I either had close matches, or got caught off guard by a barrage of stuff at the start.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
mernst23 said:
How fun is it getting your butt kicked by it?

To get the most of MvC2, you must embrace the cheese. It's so rewarding once you get past crying "cheap" to yourself.

Alivor

Awesome, awesome game. Online lobbies complete the experience. I think I played with every character in the couple of hours (3-4) that I played. My favorite team so far is Thanos, Venom, and Blackheart.

mernst23

MarkRyan said:
How fun is it getting your butt kicked by it?

To get the most of MvC2, you must embrace the cheese. It's so rewarding once you get past crying "cheap" to yourself.

Don't worry, the large majority of players aren't going to take it (just wait until you get people dropping out after people select the cheese teams). I have no problem handling the cheese if we want to get competitive (tournaments, friends), but random ranked matches? Please.

And to add insult, 2 of the people who did the high tier cheese strategy waited until i picked my team first, and megaman, akuma, and captain commando ain't going to beat that strategy.

Teknoman

Once thing I like about MvC 2 is that every character plays differently, yet if you know the motions for one character, you can pretty much play with everyone.

Anyone gonna host rooms later tonight?

The game could have done with a rebalance mode like HDremix, but I have always seen the game as a uber wtf fighter with mega combo's and such. Very good party game because of that and you usually get a good laugh.

Is anyone else having network problems? My buddy has been trying to get into an online game for the last 10 minutes and keeps getting errors. And there are people showing up in his recent players list as well.

What's up?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
AnEternalEnigma said:
Is anyone else having network problems? My buddy has been trying to get into an online game for the last 10 minutes and keeps getting errors. And there are people showing up in his recent players list as well.

What's up?
Tell him to check his NAT.

I suck ass at this game. :lol I feel like I'm getting better, though. I played through Arcade Mode on easy and normal and I think I'm starting to get a feel for my Rogue/Storm/Tron team. Cap'n A/Iron Man/War Machine are fun as hell to play, though, so I may make that my main team. I also tried a couple of ranked matches, but I got whipped pretty soundly by Cable/Sentinel/Magneto and then Maggie/Storm/Psylocke.

Anyway, fuck the God Tier; I don't care about my place on the leaderboard or any of that shit, so I'm never going that route. I love playing Rogue too much. :D So glad I downloaded this.

KAL2006

Banned
Hopefully sales of this game will make Capcom and Marvel release MvC2

I won't expect a huge cast because of having a completly new graphics engine (30 characters will do)

Their are so many potential characters Capcom can add

Capcom
Dante
Samonosuke (from Ominusha)
Lost Planet character
Dead Rising character
Phonix Wright
Super Joe (Bionic Commando)
Wesker (RE)
Zak and Wiki
Ryu (BoF)

Marvel
Thor
Daredevil
Elektra
Deadpool
Fantastic Four
Dr Strange
Dr Octopus
Ghost Rider
Blade
Silver Surfer

LOZLINK

I'm surprised, just played a game from here(australia) with some american friends and it ran fine. Backbone nailed the netcode :D

Teknoman

KAL2006 said:

I won't expect a huge cast because of having a completly new graphics engine (30 characters will do)

Capcom
Dante
Lost Planet character
Dead Rising character
Phonix Wright
Wesker (RE)
Zak and Wiki
Ryu (BoF)

Marvel
Thor
Daredevil
Elektra
Deadpool
Fantastic Four
Dr Strange
Dr Octopus
Ghost Rider
Blade
Silver Surfer

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is next. Hopefully Capcom can pull through with the online there as well.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
KAL2006 said:

Capcom
Dante
Lost Planet character
Dead Rising character
Phonix Wright
Wesker (RE)
Zak and Wiki
Ryu (BoF)

I'll be happy if they just cut down on the SF characters, and bring in some different ones. Isn't like 1/3 of the Capcom Side SF characters?

Red

LOZLINK said:
I'm surprised, just played a game from here(australia) with some american friends and it ran fine. Backbone nailed the netcode :D
Yeah, it's the first game they've worked on that I've been really happy with.

I've played the game before, but never seriously. Using a team of Strider/Doom/Jill or Strider/Doom/Storm right now. Don't know shit about the tiers or "cheapness," other than Cable being ridiculous. Really enjoying the game, though. Getting crushed attempting some of the themed team achievements :lol

Teknoman

Then again, Mr. Fantastic would probably have some crazy combos and normal style Dhalsim moves. Rad Spencer would be fun too.

I always found it odd that Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic never made it into any of the Capcom Marvel games when he was the perfect reskin for Dhalsim or Shuma Gorath, to at least represent the Fantastic 4 in the games.

Teknoman said:
Then again, Mr. Fantastic would probably have some crazy combos and normal style Dhalsim moves. Rad Spencer would be fun too.

xmen.preview.jpg

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
KAL2006 said:

Capcom
Dante
Lost Planet character
Dead Rising character
Phonix Wright
Wesker (RE)
Zak and Wiki
Ryu (BoF)

Marvel
Thor
Daredevil
Elektra
Deadpool
Fantastic Four
Dr Strange
Dr Octopus
Ghost Rider
Blade
Silver Surfer
+ the Punisher. The whole Fantastic 4 would be cool too.

My friend has played about 20 online games and he shut the game off because everyone of them has been laggy as shit. He shut the game off and wants his $15 back.

mernst23 said:
So I'm 19-7.

Out of the 7 losses:
Every team had cable
1 did the iron man juggle
3 teams spammed the sentinel assist
1 game i picked roll instead of strider (doh)

I've only used cable twice.

most people who bought on day 0 are the guys who've been playing for years. they care about the wins and that's about it.

MMaRsu

AnEternalEnigma said:
My friend has played about 20 online games and he shut the game off because everyone of them has been laggy as shit. He shut the game off and wants his $15 back.

Lol. I've played over 20 matches and had like 1 with noticable lag. What if it's on his end? Or just choose better opponents?

Top Bottom