• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

neoism

MMaRsu said:
What the fuck dude tells a normal story and you tell him to stop sucking. What the hell dude.

Anyway, that sucks for you neoism. We should play some games sometimes.. I'm not that good..
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just stick with it and develop a strategy. wolverine is actually a very good/useful character. now you want someone to compliment him so you may go with a big guy (juggernaut/colosus/zangief) and then go with a long range guy (ryu/ken/akuma/dr. doom/iron man/etc). that way you're covered on all bases: you have your melee guy in wolverine, your powerhouse, and your projectile.

just mix and match. the game is very easy on the surface but the true fun comes in utilizing your team properly against the opponent!

Thanks for the kind words guys!:D see post above. I guess I just had to find my team! CABLE is fucking awesome! Not sure why it didn't click, the first time, I'm pretty sure I accidentally put it on EXPECT the first time though!:lol
:lol Tomorrow I'm goina practice Cable and Ironman!

Alivor

Ok, so I decided to drop Blackheart out of my team because the only thing I really liked about him was his ground lightning assist. I picked up Guile instead, and he compliments Thanos and Venom pretty well.

Everyone sleeps on Charlie. All I need is one decent assist character to neutralize corner traps, and I DESTROY Sentinel players with him.

Okay, so we may have stumbled upon something important. My friend that was getting pissed with the lag earlier was playing on "classic" sprite settings.

He turned them back to "crisp", went undefeated in his next 10 games, and said the latency was gone.

So, yeah. Playing with "classic" online = lag.

-PXG-

OT, but can someone make this less than 150 KB for me? Thanks.

lolblackdudes.gif

AnEternalEnigma said:
Okay, so we may have stumbled upon something important. My friend that was getting pissed with the lag earlier was playing on "classic" sprite settings.

He turned them back to "crisp", went undefeated in his next 10 games, and said the latency was gone.

So, yeah. Playing with "classic" online = lag.
Not for me..

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Everyone sleeps on Charlie. All I need is one decent assist character to neutralize corner traps, and I DESTROY Sentinel players with him.

What makes him such a great weapon against sentinel?

-PXG-

You realize, you guys quoted that pic more times than I requested it :lol Good one fellas.

I only requested twice, this being the second time. Edited out the first one. Geez. Get a grip

cielo

Neo Member
captain commando is a pretty good assist character, but I mostly use him as my front runner. I would recommend him for novices.

tribal24

Banned
fuck! can someone help me amazon digital doesnt take paypal can someone buy a 1600 point
code for me and ill pay them this instant. i wanna play mvc2 ; ;

Rapping Granny said:
Nice.

But god damn it, I can already see myself raging on the magneto/storm/sentinal players like I did with the Ken players in HdRemix and one of the reasons why I didn't pick up SF4 yet.

I just hope enough people on gaf pick it on PSN and don't do that bullshit.
Ryu/Jill/Guile- my team.

Every game has their character(s) that everyone likes to pick, it's just the nature of the beast.

We just have to adapt.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Absoludacrous said:
Silver Samurai is on the Capcom side. Also, that's Spiral above Shuma, there's nobody named Shiva.
That's what I meant. No idea what I was talking about when I said Shiva. :lol

I'm more than a few beers deep. Sue me.

I also have no idea how I missed Silver Samurai on the Capcom side, between him and the shoulder armor he takes up like a quarter of their side. :D

mattso said:
I think I have a decent team going with jill, juggernaut, and either megaman or jin

I've won a few player matches with them and 1 out of the 3 ranked I've done with them.

Player matches seem to be a ton easier than ranked...
here's a tip

step 1: start with juggernaut
step 2: do power up (dp + PP)
step 3: switch out
step 4: ??????????
step 5: profit

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Icarus said:
The online is great (no lag in about 15 matches)... the problem is, I suck. :)
Lol, same here, I've realized by playing and looking at videos that I don't have the money (for an arcade stick) nor the time and energy to get good at this game, oh well.

Okay.. Im horrible in this game.. HORRIBLE.

I'm at least decent in SF4.. but man this game is so fast and 2 hits and your dead..

And then the double tapping LP for MP is awkward and killing me and the whole launch people in the air.. I never launch.. I get like a hadoken or some shit.. Or.. if I do launch I don't have the super god split second reaction to jump in the air and mash buttons.

Also I've learned that if anyone chooses Cyclops, Cable, Psylocke, Storm, Magneto, Juggernaut, Sentinel, or Capt Commando in any combination.. I am screwed..!

That means they know how to play and can rape me.. :lol

this is so odd to me. got this last night - i used to play SF v XMEN a LOT as a kid but never really played this.

1) what happened to medium punch and medium kick?
2) i cant do some peoples launch move because that button is gone.
3) Air combo's i used to know arent working - i.e. with the old game it was usually - launch, LP,LK,MP,MK then either HP and HK and/or supermove to finish - ie superfireball, optic blast etc.

also - a lot of the moves have changed...

i see a lot of ppl using Storm, Magneto, Cable - what are the best combinations for these three. going to take me a while to get used to this...

Teknoman

TurtleSnatcher said:
Okay.. Im horrible in this game.. HORRIBLE.

I'm at least decent in SF4.. but man this game is so fast and 2 hits and your dead..

And then the double tapping LP for MP is awkward and killing me and the whole launch people in the air.. I never launch.. I get like a hadoken or some shit.. Or.. if I do launch I don't have the super god split second reaction to jump in the air and mash buttons.

Also I've learned that if anyone chooses Cyclops, Cable, Psylocke, Storm, Magneto, Juggernaut, Sentinel, or Capt Commando in any combination.. I am screwed..!

That means they know how to play and can rape me.. :lol

You can just do a down hard punch/hard kick for most people to launch.

gutabo

shaolin242 said:
are there standard air combos for everyone like in SF vs XMEN or are there unique sets for each person?

Good old Zig Zag magic series(LP -> LK -> MP -> MK -> HP -> HK) works for everyone doing an air combo after a launcher and while super jumping(or just super jumping). HP and HK are standard finishers for almost all characters(most special moves count as finishers too). Some (like Hulk, Shuma Gorath or Blackheart) also have a medium attack that ends the magic series and starts the flying screen. So, in theory all 6 hits on the chain are possible, but that depends on each character moveset or even their position(higher/lower than the enemy). A few characters' MP or MK air attacks place the opponent in akward positions(or miss depending on the opponent's position), so you might better skip them. Some characters can do even more hits by taking advantage of some fast recovery move that alllows them to continue comboing the opponent, using a double jump, air dashing or flying.

EDIT: Some of the different chains from previous games are gone with only 3 systems left: the aforementioned zig zag, the weak start(LP or LK -> MP or MK or HP or HK) and the stronger(LP or LK -> MP or MK -> HP or HK). Everyone has the zig zag while super jumping, but while standing/crunching/normal jumping, it's character specific.

Any players from south america? How's the lag online? I might bite, I used to play the game A LOT back in the day...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what is this 2 week thing everyone is complaining about?

I like this game OK, it's to ADD though, prefer the relative simplicity of streetfighter IV

Linkhero1

I suck ass in this game but here's my team.

Marrow
Dr. Doom
Random

I'm not sure who else to add to my team. I was thinking of using Charlie since I like him in SFA3.

im actually better with the SF characters as i am used to them. but they seem awfully underpowered compared to some of the xmen dudes..

so basically - i can just string LP,LK,MP,MK (fireball/super) and or HP or HK to Air combo for anyone?>

zugzug

Not to blow a flipping gasket or anything but on Twitter @marvelvscapcom 5-6 hours of me writing this dood dropped 50 codes looks like 25xbox 25ps3. Yeah for me not being around twitter at the right time right place.

usually on Friday sometime during the day he drops like 3 codes for each console....its sorta like Gaf if you see it 6 minutes after its posted its already gone.

MajorNelson does same thing, I just look and laff knowing it would take me 6 minutes to write down the damn code walk/run out to my console turn it on and then manhandle thumb mash my FAT fingers quickly thinking I actually have a chance to win a damn code.

Completely given up.

gutabo said:
Good old Zig Zag magic series(LP -> LK -> MP -> MK -> HP -> HK) works for everyone doing an air combo after a launcher and while super jumping(or just super jumping). HP and HK are standard finishers for almost all characters(most special moves count as finishers too). Some (like Hulk, Shuma Gorath or Blackheart) also have a medium attack that ends the magic series and starts the flying screen. So, in theory all 6 hits on the chain are possible, but that depends on each character moveset or even their position(higher/lower than the enemy). A few characters' MP or MK air attacks place the opponent in akward positions(or miss depending on the opponent's position), so you might better skip them. Some characters can do even more hits by taking advantage of some fast recovery move that alllows them to continue comboing the opponent, using a double jump, air dashing or flying.

EDIT: Some of the different chains from previous games are gone with only 3 systems left: the aforementioned zig zag, the weak start(LP or LK -> MP or MK or HP or HK) and the stronger(LP or LK -> MP or MK -> HP or HK). Everyone has the zig zag while super jumping, but while standing/crunching/normal jumping, it's character specific.

Any players from south america? How's the lag online? I might bite, I used to play the game A LOT back in the day...

yeah just realised there are no MP and MK buttons now are there? just 4 buttons right?

so for me there was just like LP, LK then HP, HK but by then ive knocked them back down....

wtf happened to the middle buttons?

Top Bottom