• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

komarkaze

I am also about 8 years out of practice on this game. I don't even remember how to do proper air juggles. Still had a good time winning and losing ranked matches. Facing someone with a Magneto/Storm/Psylocke combo with constant assists hurts.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ken's Hurricane Kick glitch is still in. He still has one of the slowest launchers in the game, though.

Capcom said that they purposely only fixed glitches that were gamebreaking, like Gambit's.

LiK

the game took me 10 min to get back into, but i remember all my old tactics and they still work against the CPU. i will try online once i get the rest of the team theme achievements. maybe i can get the ranked achievement while there are lots of noobs playing right now ;)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GrayFoxPL said:
DSP last "match" video. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6cfyku5Cs&feature=channel_page

DSP is pretty funny. He recorded 30+ videos and seemed pretty happy, laughing and talking shit about opponents. That is untill he started loosing at the end.

I don't think I've seen a video of his where he isn't bitching with the voice pitch of a teenage girl. It's never his fault when he loses. :lol

I do agree with him on one thing though. With the exception of BlazBlue, netcode for fighters is nowhere close to where it should be. =/

GuardianE said:
Ken's Hurricane Kick glitch is still in. He still has one of the slowest launchers in the game, though.

Capcom said that they purposely only fixed glitches that were gamebreaking, like Gambit's.
what was gambit's game breaking bug? I don't remember one for him at all.

You mean this one?

MMaRsu

In player matches I've barely had lag. Not saying other people might not find lag, but playing with Robut who normally has a bad internet connection ( or used to have ) but we didn't have any lag whatsoever.

LiK

neoism said:
Man that guys laugh is sooo fucking annoying! Just because he's good does me he should act like a douche!

i miss the old days in the arcade when people had manners. noone was ever such a douche in public.

I feel like such a loser using a team of BB Hood, Captain Commando, and Juggernaut. Course there are times when I feel like I have to cause one match I was completely locked down by a Cable w/ Blackheart's ground lightning assist. Switched out my assists and first thing I did on the rematch was super jump out of the way while Jugg smacked Cable with that punch of his. It wasn't even a contest after that and the guy quit soon after I won.

Hopefully I can meet some people who enjoy playing other characters. I'd rather do a team of like BB Hood, Felicia, and hell I dunno whoever. Or better yet just all random select.

God's Beard said:
I thought the whole point of the arcade was so you can showboat in people's faces.
american arcades were before my time, but this is not the case in Japan
hell, the competitive cabs usually don't even let you see your opponent.

_dementia said:
That's fucked up. Do people really go to arcades and pay 50 cents a round just for no lag? I for one like the social aspect of playing against strangers.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
_dementia said:
For all the shit I give arcades, That just seems really lame and defeats the entire point. :lol

Took my change to a coinstar and ended up picking up the TE from gamestop. I dont have much experience with arcade sticks, but the thing is dead sexy. Hopefully I can pick it up easily.

LowParry

blackMamba1187 said:
Took my change to a coinstar and ended up picking up the TE from gamestop. I dont have much experience with arcade sticks, but the thing is dead sexy. Hopefully I can pick it up easily.

Best choice you can make on buying a stick. :D

HiResDes

Jinjo said:
Yeah kinda worried about that too. I have yet to experience it because I absolutely suck too much to take it online, but I am now thinking what's the point if you are just going to get your ass handed to you by the same set over and over again? Local is still loads of fun though. :D
People are good with lots of characters, it is only the elite that really now how to exploit the differences between high tiered characters and God tiered.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Damnit. I thought I had my team, but I just realized that I'm really only good with Captain America. Trying to find two others to work with but I'm having no luck.

I just bought this, but I don't understand the training command that looks like a little zig-zag arrow means. Cyclops has a move that needs it.

G-Fex

almost beat my friend last night, i'm getting somewhat better with Cap and Cyclops. Awesome of the awesome. Strider's sick too.

Teknoman

SecretBonusPoint said:
"These are not the characters I selected...whats happened to the profile pics...my console has frozen"

doesn't seem like fine to me.

Teknoman said:
Oh man...GLITCH TIME!

15qdvti.jpg

Just picked Megaman, Iron Man, and Venom, against someone else that was Cyclops, Iron Man, and Iceman.

Somehow our Iron Man characters glitched, appearing as Iceman and then the graphics glitched out as well for special attacks. After a few seconds, the game just froze.

How is this even possible after seeing stuff like that happen in HDR?

PS3 version will probably be fine and just have a few disconnect issues.

proposition said:
I just bought this, but I don't understand the training command that looks like a little zig-zag arrow means. Cyclops has a move that needs it.

Zig-zag is just another way of saying "forward, down, down-forward"(or back, down, down-back). It's essentially the dragon punch motion.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Zig-zag is just another way of saying "forward, down, down-forward"(or back, down, down-back). It's essentially the dragon punch motion.
Ahh, right. Well I'm going to have fun with that on the 360 controller.

No glitches or lag yet in about 20 games, granted most were against my cousin only 55 miles away but the game runs smooth just like HDR.

Hit 117 combo using Ironman, Cable and B.B. hood, no suprises there apart from like 60% dmg :p

At first I felt like i wasted my money mainly because theres lots of sound pops and crackles on the menu and sometimes ingame but now that I am back into the swing of things I am having a good old laugh even if I lose to someone who whores out spiderman or commando's light uppercut move. MvsC2 to me is a game where the goal is to cause as much shit as possible :lol

PepsimanVsJoe said:
My laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad so I couldn't remember the numbers. =/
it's 'kay

I still don't have this game. :(

so many expenses as of late I feel bad pulling the trigger, especially when I've still got the DC hooked up via VGA

LiK

G-Fex said:
What arcades did You go to?

i went to 4 different arcades in Boston, MA and NOONE ever shouted or talked shit for fighting games. everyone took their turn, and simply watched. when a guy lost, he would just leave. it was all very polite and people would only comment if a guy was really good. there might be some asshole there but they are the ones who would usually get beat down the easiest.

not sure what arcades you guys went to, but i had very pleasant experiences at my local arcade places. it was nowhere as annoying as people you meet online these days.

topofuji

Banned
Here's hoping the freeze and lag issues aren't present in the PS3 release.

But Backbone is Backbone. (Can they STOP being assigned to high profile remakes and releases PLEASE?)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MMaRsu said:
Yes it is.. let me just say.. It's virgin tight

:lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Purchased it. Was fun... hectic... hmm... need practice. I played the original MVC on the arcades and I remember the DC. Now that its online... w00t, but gotta get used to the stick first.

Teknoman

Weenerz said:
People like him make me not want to buy the game. Fucking douche-chill galore.

He might've not been wearing a mic. Then again, most of the people who do use mics on ranked fights just ask "Do you have a mic", laugh at a crazy combo or comeback, or just say good fight at the end.

Alivor

I keep using Venom and Thanos, but my third character is always getting switched out. :lol :lol Right now it's Amingo. Anybody have any suggestions?

LiK said:
i went to 4 different arcades in Boston, MA and NOONE ever shouted or talked shit for fighting games. everyone took their turn, and simply watched. when a guy lost, he would just leave. it was all very polite and people would only comment if a guy was really good. there might be some asshole there but they are the ones who would usually get beat down the easiest.

not sure what arcades you guys went to, but i had very pleasant experiences at my local arcade places. it was nowhere as annoying as people you meet online these days.

Boston isn't really a gaming town. The Gamestops all around town and the Best Buy in the landmark center never sell out of anything.

Going to a mall in Jersey in the mid 90's to play any competitive fighter, especially if it was one hooked up to one of the big screens, and there was definitely some smack-talk going down.

Top Bottom