• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

MMaRsu said:
God I hate fucking megaman projectile spammers.. noobs.. goddamn.

But whatever, I can still hold my own against normal players even if they do pull of good combo's, I can get some good combo's going with Rogue/Storm too.

Rogue/Storm/Sentinel is my shit, and I fucking love this game :D.
We should get a couple more matches in. We've both warmed up considerably.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Diablohead said:
I laugh at people who quit while the "you win" screen appears, I mean really why bother? the round is over, do you feel the need to see your dashboard for 10 seconds or something in case it changed? :lol

I ko'd someone's spidey the moment he brought him out for the first time, nothing feels better.

:D

HiResDes

My friend is fucking up my record in ranked so bad doing stupid shit, for example yesterday he had a match won with Commando left with half a bar and around 5 seconds left on the clock. His opponent has about 1/4 of a bar left with Juggs and as he is coming in the idiot goes for the close hc, which is so obvious the guy blocks and counters with Juggs shoulder block HC leaving Commando with a sliver of life right as the time expires. The bad thing is I looked at him, and he shrugged his shoulders as if there was nothing he could do about it.

MMaRsu

HiResDes said:
My friend is fucking up my record in ranked so bad doing stupid shit, for example yesterday he had a match won with Commando left with half a bar and around 5 seconds left on the clock. His opponent has about 1/4 of a bar left with Juggs and as he is coming in the idiot goes for the close hc, which is so obvious the guy blocks and counters with Juggs shoulder block HC leaving Commando with a sliver of life right as the time expires. The bad thing is I looked at him, and he shrugged his shoulders as if there was nothing he could do about it.

Then dont let him play ranked?

HiResDes

MMaRsu said:
Then dont let him play ranked?
Well he wins in bunches or loses in bunches, so I'm torn. He came over one day and my record was like 80 something wins, and 50 or so loses...I come back to see how he's doing a couple hours later and my record is close to 100 wins with only 60 or so loses. Yesterday, however, he started playing when I had like 130 or so wins and around 80 loses, I come back and I've got damn near 100 loses and only like a couple more wins. I was like WTF happened, and he just gives me this puzzled look.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
HiResDes said:
Well he wins in bunches or loses in bunches, so I'm torn. He came over one day and my record was like 80 something wins, and 50 or so loses...I come back to see how he's doing a couple hours later and my record is close to 100 wins with only 60 or so loses. Yesterday, however, he started playing when I had like 130 or so wins and around 80 loses, I come back and I've got damn near 100 loses and only like a couple more wins. I was like WTF happened, and he just gives me this puzzled look.

Well, the game auto matches you with people of comparable skill if you use Quick Match, so if you've gotten a bunch of wins recently, your friend may have just been playing against better people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Let me just state for the record for the 1millionth time: The 360 D-pad sucks shit. Sucks shit. Sucks shit. Sucks shit. SUCKS SHIT. *argh!*

If it wasn't for Dragonlife pestering me, I wouldn't have gotten the 360 version. :lol If only because it saves my poor thumb from having to use the terrible D-pad of the 360 version.

Now I have to figure a comfortable button combination for the 360 pad since the bumpers suck shit for two-button super mashing. I feel reversing XA did some good because I can pull supers off sort-of consistant (if only the non-consistant thing being the shitty D-pad working against me :lol ) now.

Not sure of myself on this shitty pad just yet to try the online. :lol

But it's still the MvC2 that I know and love. At least the $15 price-tag to play it until the PSN version is worth it. :lol

TheSeks

MMaRsu said:
Use the analoge stick.. that works ;) better than the d-pad at least

But I'm too used to playing the X-box version with the (non-crap) X-box D-pad. :lol I really wish there was a way to plug that into the 360, would solve half the blistering my thumb issue. :lol

kuYuri

One thing that I just remembered, all the colors are unlocked for the characters in this right? Waiting on PSN version, so I wouldn't know.

TheSeks

Strider2K99 said:
One thing that I just remembered, all the colors are unlocked for the characters in this right? Waiting on PSN version, so I wouldn't know.

Yes. Only difference from the Arcade/PS2/DC/X-box version in terms of gameplay/porting is that you can't apparently choose three of the same person online. (I dunno if this is true, haven't gone online on the 360 version, we'll see when the PSN version comes out and can save my sanity from a shitty D-pad/controller for a fighting game :lol )

mattso

MMaRsu said:
God I hate fucking megaman projectile spammers.. noobs.. goddamn.

But whatever, I can still hold my own against normal players even if they do pull of good combo's, I can get some good combo's going with Rogue/Storm too.

Rogue/Storm/Sentinel is my shit, and I fucking love this game :D.
you would hate me then

my jill/juggernaut/megaman team is like 20 - 5 now

Dartastic

SquirrelNuckle said:
Sent you one.

Man Dartastic you're no fun to play. The Mega Man buster spam gets really old.

actually it's n3ss and dartastic, that was me.. I would say sorry, but thats marverl baby :lol

Dartastic

GalacticAE said:
What's your team. I'd so challenge you if I had a 360. I love dem fighting words.

Efit: NVM. I see...

(This is n3ss) Main team right now: Team Watts.

When I find time gonna learn team Clockw0rk.

Back up: Megaman/sent/tbone

Oh ok.

Excuse my "Efit" but I thought you played preppy's team: MM/Cable/Tron. Team Watts is cool. I don't see blackheart much anymore.

kuYuri

TheSeks said:
Yes. Only difference from the Arcade/PS2/DC/X-box version in terms of gameplay/porting is that you can't apparently choose three of the same person online. (I dunno if this is true, haven't gone online on the 360 version, we'll see when the PSN version comes out and can save my sanity from a shitty D-pad/controller for a fighting game :lol )

Good to hear Seksy. Thanks for the answer.

I'm having fun using Amingo/Tron/Jill in ranked matches after getting around 50 wins. I'm still getting really annoyed with quitters and shit talkers, especially when people win and then proceed to send a voice message despite me not using my mic at all in the game. It gets really old.

Dartastic

GalacticAE said:
Oh ok.

Excuse my "Efit" but I thought you played preppy's team: MM/Cable/Tron. Team Watts is cool. I don't see blackheart much anymore.

Yeah I'm trying to get away from it. Last time i played that team was B5. Clockw0rk looks fun and its always cool learning new characters.

(this is n3ss)

gutabo

ICallItFutile said:
I can't seem to pull of a hyper combo for one person, only for two or three. I keep trying but nothing happens. :( Very frustrating.
Most characters have a hyper combo with a qcf+PP motion. You are pressing both assist buttons, which triggers a double/triple variable combo, depending on how much meter you have.

Yackie

I've got a question on how to improve my in-air combos. So I kinda suck at this game, but I got the basic in-air combo down with the launcher then lp, lk, lp, lk, hp thing, but then how can I elaborate on that? Every once in a while I can get a hyper move in after that, but usually the other character is on its way down, so I miss them. Do I just need more practice or is there something else I can do?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yackie said:
I've got a question on how to improve my in-air combos. So I kinda suck at this game, but I got the basic in-air combo down with the launcher then lp, lk, lp, lk, hp thing, but then how can I elaborate on that? Every once in a while I can get a hyper move in after that, but usually the other character is on its way down, so I miss them. Do I just need more practice or is there something else I can do?

It depends entirely on the character that you're using. At a bare minimum, *most* characters can at least get the basic lp, lk X2 + hp, but variants are to add a special or super move to the end of that.

Some characters can only hit with the super by leaving out the second lk and going straight into the super... some characters need a special at the end to cancel into the super. Some characters can double/triple jump to take advantage and prolong the combo. Also, not every character can cancel an air combo into a super.

seantos

Neo Member
Is anyone else having problems connecting to a ranked match? I can connect to the normal quick matches, but any time I go into the ranked area it times out. I have yet to successfully join a single one. Are there any possible router settings/port forwarding that I might need to set?

It seems weird that it would work for one type of online match and not the ranked ones....any ideas or suggestions?

seantos said:
Is anyone else having problems connecting to a ranked match? I can connect to the normal quick matches, but any time I go into the ranked area it times out. I have yet to successfully join a single one. Are there any possible router settings/port forwarding that I might need to set?

It seems weird that it would work for one type of online match and not the ranked ones....any ideas or suggestions?
I sometimes get time outs but ranked games hardly start instantly for me too, I have to wait up to 20 seconds for a ranked game to launch even if I host the room, so stupid when player matches launch instantly without fuss.

How do people keep doing character moves/movements/hyper combos when they win the match?

Also, how do you do sequential hyper combos (your character does hyper combo, combos into partner 1's hyper combo, combos into partner 2's hyper combo)? Not at the same time. One at a time but comboed together.

Yes I am a noob! lol. Don't know how I have an almost 50-50 record (proud to be close to 50-50 in this game!! lol! using Felicia, Venom, Jin)

mernst23

How do people keep doing character moves/movements/hyper combos when they win the match?

Also, how do you do sequential hyper combos (your character does hyper combo, combos into partner 1's hyper combo, combos into partner 2's hyper combo)? Not at the same time. One at a time but comboed together.

Yes I am a noob! lol. Don't know how I have an almost 50-50 record (proud to be close to 50-50 in this game!! lol! using Felicia, Venom, Jin)

1) Press start and you can start doing moves after you win

2) Do a hyper combo, then do the motion of the next player (character underneath the currently drawn out character's hyper)

(ie if you are using the proton cannon hyper with iron man and want to combo into a hyper viper beam, do qcf+PP while iron man is already executing the hyper combo)

gutabo

ICallItFutile said:
Sorry, but what does qcf stand for?
Quarter circle forward, or down, down-forward, forward. Standard "Hadouken" motion.
Bumblebeetuna said:
Quarter circle forward?
What he said.
Yackie said:
Some help about air combos here and here. What's the team you're using?

JaseMath

Everything comes unlocked in the game, right? Is there any way I can choose to do it the old way (ie. by earning it)?

n3ss

aka acr0nym
JasonMCG said:
Everything comes unlocked in the game, right? Is there any way I can choose to do it the old way (ie. by earning it)?
Old way took forever... Why would you even want to?

TheSeks

JasonMCG said:
Is there any way I can choose to do it the old way (ie. by earning it)?

No, and why would you want that? Unlocking characters in a fighting game sucks.

Yackie

GuardianE said:
It depends entirely on the character that you're using. At a bare minimum, *most* characters can at least get the basic lp, lk X2 + hp, but variants are to add a special or super move to the end of that.

Some characters can only hit with the super by leaving out the second lk and going straight into the super... some characters need a special at the end to cancel into the super. Some characters can double/triple jump to take advantage and prolong the combo. Also, not every character can cancel an air combo into a super.

gutabo said:
Some help about air combos here and here. What's the team you're using?

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to keep practicing.

My team is part of the problem, by which I mean I don't really have a team yet. I've been toying around with a bunch of different characters to try and find a team I feel comfortable with, but I haven't found one yet :(

So far I like Magneto, Sentinel, Cyclops, Storm, Tron, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, BB Hood, Rogue. I'm kind of clueless as to what characters work well together.

dralla

Yackie said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to keep practicing.

My team is part of the problem, by which I mean I don't really have a team yet. I've been toying around with a bunch of different characters to try and find a team I feel comfortable with, but I haven't found one yet :(

So far I like Magneto, Sentinel, Cyclops, Storm, Tron, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, BB Hood, Rogue. I'm kind of clueless as to what characters work well together.

there's plenty of solid teams you can make out those characters. basically you want to find characters that compliment each other. for example, Cyclops anti-air assist is a great way to set up combo's for Magneto. Tron's drill rush and Doom's anti-air assist do a lot of chip damage, and so on. mess around with different team configurations and see which you like the best, that's all there really is to it

Hey guys I have a question. I downloaded Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the UK xbox.com site with a US account. I was wondering if that will change anything because I thought there were like region codes for downloads. If you download it from the UK site, does it automatically turn to the US version?

Top Bottom