• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

mernst23

MoxManiac said:
I don't see tournament players complaining about "comic imbalance". In fact, the game has been one of the most popular competitive fighters for almost a decade, so it's obviously doing something right. I'm not a David Sirlin nut rider, but I definitely agree that this whining mentality ruins competitive games and definitely agree with his book.

At the God Tier, it is technically not imbalanced, however considering this game has 56 characters, how many are viable in tournament play? Exactly.

MoxManiac

mernst23 said:
At the God Tier, it is technically not imbalanced, however considering this game has 56 characters, how many are viable in tournament play? Exactly.

I guess the thing that kind of bugs me is that your going into a competitive-serious part of the game ( = ranked matches) and then complaining when people play compeititive/seriously. I mean, what were you expecting?

MoxManiac said:
I guess the thing that kind of bugs me is that your going into a competitive-serious part of the game ( = ranked matches) and then complaining when people play compeititive/seriously. I mean, what were you expecting?
after reading the entire last page, this is what I am thinking.

If you want a more casual experiance there is player matches.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
MoxManiac said:

People to let him get his achievements.

mernst23

MoxManiac said:

Fine, agreed, but a large majority of the online community is not going to tolerate being infinited or time-drawn bait, so why do they go to that strategy as their de facto?

Tain

but a large majority of the online community is not going to tolerate being infinited or time-drawn bait

They can go right ahead and lose or quit, then. I'm not seeing the issue here.

mernst23

GuardianE said:
People to let him get his achievements.

Don't you have a shitty video game blog to get back to writing for?

Tain said:
They can go right ahead and lose or quit, then. I'm not seeing the issue here.

The issue is that I admitted to quitting twice and somehow I'm the worst person alive.

Edit: Done talking about this, I quit twice, I admit it. I've been ragequitted on, big deal, just gotta keep grinding away.

EYEL1NER said:
We need a new term besides ragequit. Sure there are some people who get pissed off and in a rage, d/c, but the majority now either quit to keep there win streaks or for achievments or just to fuck over the person beating them. There is often very little rage anymore.
Instead of "OHMYGODTHISGUYISSOCHEAPICANTDOASINGLEMOVEGODAMNITNOOBARGHHHHH" and then a d/c, it's "Hehehehe, this guy thinks he's about to get a win doesn't he?"
Yoink!
And you know this how?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
mernst23 said:
Don't you have a shitty video game blog to get back to writing for?

Rage posting to go along with your rage quitting/rage punching?

The problem is not your rage quitting, it's your logicless justification for rage quitting. It really baffles me, considering that you yourself have been ragequit on time and again. And you've pretty much proven you're not worth listening to by glorifying a raging idiot who decided to get in a fight because they lost in a game.

usea

I wouldn't make a very good mod here. I'd ban certain pieces of shit from this place so fast. Seriously, hitting people because they beat you in a competitive game? If you have problems with competition, don't play fighting games. GTFO. Don't like the mechanics of a game? Complain about the game and move on to a different one. Blaming players for being good at a game is fucking stupid.

rant over

mernst23

usea said:
I wouldn't make a very good mod here. I'd ban certain pieces of shit from this place so fast. Seriously, hitting people because they beat you in a competitive game? If you have problems with competition, don't play fighting games. GTFO. Don't like the mechanics of a game? Complain about the game and move on to a different one. Blaming players for being good at a game is fucking stupid.

rant over

Obviously referring to me, but if you were a mod, i'd hope you'd be more literate considering I never said that "I" punched someone due to a fighting game. I just witnessed it.

MMaRsu

mernst23 said:
Obviously referring to me, but if you were a mod, i'd hope you'd be more literate considering I never said that "I" punched someone due to a fighting game. I just witnessed it.

Your friend is an idiot.

usea

mernst23 said:
I read what you said. I know it wasn't you. I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm talking about people in general with an attitude similar to yours, and then using characteristics mentioned/displayed in this thread as examples.

mernst23

MMaRsu said:
Oh alright then. Still it's retarded.

Oh, it was a combination of an "oh shit" and a funny moment. I mean, I beat the guy a handful of times, but whenever he beat me he made it known to the entire god damned arcade. Someone got tired of his mouth and slugged him in the middle of an infinite. Hard to say he didn't deserve it.

I think everyone was laughing more at the fact that the guy literally warned him "if you pull that magneto bullshit again you face is going to taste arcade carpet." He went straight for it and mid-trash talking sentence he was down on the floor. And then yelled at him "I don't need an infinite to beat your ass." and booked.

WOW somebody actually fucking quit after the match ended. Do I still get a win or what?

And by ended I mean we were still in the match but I had won. Who quits right then if they've already stuck it out?

That's happened to me too so I'd like to know as well.

I'd also like someone to answer my previous question! Can you quit from the pause menu during a ranked match or not??

Def Jukie

I am sure that if someone quits you still get the win. I had just checked my status on the leaderboards and then had someone quit on me in like 10 seconds. Went back and checked the leaderboards again and I had another win.

Rummy Bunnz said:
That's happened to me too so I'd like to know as well.

I'd also like someone to answer my previous question! Can you quit from the pause menu during a ranked match or not??

You can but the other person gets a win. Someone did it to me twice in a row. I guess he didn't know I still get a win so I kept playing him. :)

Hey friends.

I noticed IGN has it listed now as an August 6 PSN release. Was this changed recently or is this date the original PSN release that they haven't updated?

MMaRsu

GalacticAE said:
Hey friends.

I noticed IGN has it listed now as an August 6 PSN release. Was this changed recently or is this date the original PSN release that they haven't updated?

The Xbox Arcade version has a 2 week exclusivity window.

Thanks guys! I better get the win when someone drops!

I didn't even know about the 50 OCV achievement. I have a habit of tagging in when I'm whupping a dude just for variety's sake. Oops. I'm sure I'll get it eventually anyway if I keep playing.

inphinite

Neo Member
mernst23 should be banned for stupidity.

infinites are part of the game, deal with it, they actually take skill to learn and setup. Cry more please.

play to win, get the scrub mentality out of this thread

mernst23

inphinite said:
mernst23 should be banned for stupidity.

infinites are part of the game, deal with it, they actually take skill to learn and setup. Cry more please.

play to win, get the scrub mentality out of this thread

You should go make a thread about how I should be banned. Oh wait.

Edit: You know what else is part of the game? Exiting in the middle of a match. I mean, you can do it, so why not?

Magneto's infinite simply is the result of a mistake in game design that wasn't corrected because of the amount of work necessary to correct it/the backlash of the community if they did fix it. Don't kid yourself.

jman2050

mernst23 said:
You should go make a thread about how I should be banned. Oh wait.

Edit: You know what else is part of the game? Exiting in the middle of a match. I mean, you can do it, so why not?

Magneto's infinite simply is the result of a mistake in game design that wasn't corrected because of the amount of work necessary to correct it/the backlash of the community if they did fix it. Don't kid yourself.

Everything is flying right over your head right now.

How did you think people would react to you admitting flatout that you've ragequitted?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So... ragequitting... the (possible) facts;

If you get quit on mid-match, it seems you don't take the win.

If the other guy drops after you get the KO (which happened to me 3 out of 7 matches tonight :lol ) you get the win!

\o/

I had people quit on me mid match and I still get a win point.

I hit 100 ranked wins earlier, my loses were at something like 59 so I think that's ok after not playing the game to this degree for years, now i'm testing the waters of making the most pain in the arse combo I can to take people down online :lol BBhood, hulk and jugg can 90% someone quite easily, especially if they call support and get two people in the mix :D

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Diablohead said:
I had people quit on me mid match and I still get a win point.

I hit 100 ranked wins earlier, my loses were at something like 59 so I think that's ok after not playing the game to this degree for years, now i'm testing the waters of making the most pain in the arse combo I can to take people down online :lol BBhood, hulk and jugg can 90% someone quite easily, especially if they call support and get two people in the mix :D

Hmn, I'm reasonably sure that I didn't get wins for the mid-match quitters... will need to keep checking!

inphinite

Neo Member
gutabo said:
WTF happened to the thread???

people whining and arguing about infinites, so called "cheapness" and rage quitting happened.

drop the whining, this game has been out 10 years, get used to how its played.

I laugh at people who quit while the "you win" screen appears, I mean really why bother? the round is over, do you feel the need to see your dashboard for 10 seconds or something in case it changed? :lol

I ko'd someone's spidey the moment he brought him out for the first time, nothing feels better.

Sanjuro

This thread basically has turned into the fighting game genre after games like this hit the market.

BTW is there a way I can select four Cables? Like a cheat code or something? Anything?

d0c_zaius

SanjuroTsubaki said:
This thread basically has turned into the fighting game genre after games like this hit the market.

BTW is there a way I can select four Cables? Like a cheat code or something? Anything?

uh ok sure that makes a TON of sense

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gutabo said:
WTF happened to the thread???

BAWWWWW INFINITES BAWWWWW.

Basically.

QQ QQ QQ more, dude. Infinites are part of the game, if you don't like them, then get out of the kitchen ranked matches.

B-B-BUT I WANT MY ACHIEVEMENT!

Then stick it out while QQing to yourself. Posting about how much you hate infinites is :lol

MMaRsu

God I hate fucking megaman projectile spammers.. noobs.. goddamn.

But whatever, I can still hold my own against normal players even if they do pull of good combo's, I can get some good combo's going with Rogue/Storm too.

Rogue/Storm/Sentinel is my shit, and I fucking love this game :D.

MMaRsu

Christopher said:
Good Night Sugah

Hell yeah, Rogue is awesome.

300px-Mvc2-rogue.jpg

Top Bottom