• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Linkhero1

Shadowlink said:
Hey guys I have a question. I downloaded Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the UK xbox.com site with a US account. I was wondering if that will change anything because I thought there were like region codes for downloads. If you download it from the UK site, does it automatically turn to the US version?
I don't think it should matter where you download it from.

Linkhero1 said:
I don't think it should matter where you download it from.
It doesn't matter.

When MvsC2 came out, I couldn't find it on the European MP. So I downloaded it from the American MP and bought the full game on my Euro account.

HiResDes

Yackie said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to keep practicing.

My team is part of the problem, by which I mean I don't really have a team yet. I've been toying around with a bunch of different characters to try and find a team I feel comfortable with, but I haven't found one yet :(

So far I like Magneto, Sentinel, Cyclops, Storm, Tron, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, BB Hood, Rogue. I'm kind of clueless as to what characters work well together.
Tron works well with Doom or Cyclops...Sentinel with Storm or Magneto or Rogue.
Possible Teams for those characters:
Tron (Projectile), Cyclops (Anti-Air), Rogue (Dash?);
Tron(Projectile), Dr. Doom(Anti-Air), Rogue(Dash?);
Magneto (Projectile), Sentinel (Projectile), Cyclops (Anti-Air);
Sentinel(Projectile), Storm(Projectile), Cyclops(Anti-air);
Iron Man (Projectile), BBHood (Projectile),Cyclops (Anti-air) (If you just want to projectile spam as that is what most BBhood players do anyway)

Yackie

HiResDes said:
Tron works well with Doom or Cyclops...Sentinel with Storm or Magneto or Rogue.
Possible Teams for those characters:
Tron (Projectile), Cyclops (Anti-Air), Rogue (Dash?);
Tron(Projectile), Dr. Doom(Anti-Air), Rogue(Dash?);
Magneto (Projectile), Sentinel (Projectile), Cyclops (Anti-Air);
Sentinel(Projectile), Storm(Projectile), Cyclops(Anti-air);
Iron Man (Projectile), BBHood (Projectile),Cyclops (Anti-air) (If you just want to projectile spam as that is what most BBhood players do anyway)

Thanks! I'll try these teams out and see how it goes. Its all so complicated :(

Ashhong

how bad is my team...ryu wolverine and venom? :lol

i really like ryu and wolvie but venom is replaceable. who should i use instead?

StickyFingers said:
It doesn't matter.

When MvsC2 came out, I couldn't find it on the European MP. So I downloaded it from the American MP and bought the full game on my Euro account.
Oh! That's good then because I thought it does matter.

HiResDes

Ashhong said:
how bad is my team...ryu wolverine and venom? :lol

i really like ryu and wolvie but venom is replaceable. who should i use instead?
I'd drop Ryu personally and keep the other two if you are good with them. Replace Ryu with one of the higher tiered projectile dudes, but hey that is just what I'd do.

While a lot of ranked people use teams with main power characters there is something which always brings me back for more, and that's because there is such a huge mix of teams you can make and different fighting styles that nearly every match with someone is unique, even if they whore cable.

Diablohead said:
While a lot of ranked people use teams with main power characters there is something which always brings me back for more, and that's because there is such a huge mix of teams you can make and different fighting styles that nearly every match with someone is unique, even if they whore cable.

..or iron man...or both. lol.

It's still hella fun though. I'm addicted.

Snowman

I wish i could play this game properly but everytime I play a match online I get my ass kicked in like 20 seconds :lol . So basically, if there's anyone else out there as crap as me who wants to play for a bit, add me on xbl - GamerTag's in my profile thingy.

I been playing this game for years and I still can't find a third character for Strider/Doom. I keep using Cable but I like saving my super meter for Strider. I tend to get rushed down by Magneto and tend to panic since one combo by Magneto spells game over for me. If I have a gripe with this game is that I still can't get around the assists in this game so I'm afraid to try attacking first since I know I'm gonna get hit by an anti-air assist. Very aggravating.

I still prefer the old Versus engine like Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom even if they have their quirks.

/rant

TheFallen

Played someone earlier who used Shuma Gorath with a T.Bonne assist, seriously felt like i was being double penetrated the entire time. Fastest match ever :'(

n3ss, know of a good tutorial on using Sentinel? I never thought of using Sentinel. I figure he would be the second character since I can safely DHC him into the fight.

gibration

anyone see this?
01.jpg

EDIT: I see... my pic changed even though I don't know how that happened.

N4Us

TheFallen said:
Played someone earlier who used Shuma Gorath with a T.Bonne assist, seriously felt like i was being double penetrated the entire time. Fastest match ever :'(

Playing against someone who's good with Shuma and utilizing assists is terrifying. Not to mention when they combo straight into Chaos Dimension.

what comic series is shuma gorath from anyways? i used to read all the major comics when i was a kid and i never saw that guy before the capcom marvel games!

Kuraudo

Banned
Has it been confirmed that this is hitting Euro PSN on thursday? Want to make sure it's coming before I get excited so I don't come home from work only to be met with disappointment.

This game punches my balls, so much stuff going on at the same time. I'm to slow to pull of combos, call in assists and keep track of bars at the same time.

-PXG-

What about Spyborgs....I don't know anything about it.

EDIT

I'm guessing GameStop got demo kits for it or something? I'm working tonight, so I'll check it out.

MMaRsu

Megadragon15 said:
I only posted that link to give confirmation that there will be a retail release.

I understand, and I was not trying to put you down. But the title on that site is straight up retarded.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone have a problem where you create a game and sometimes you'll get an connection error message and then the game freezes on that scrolling background behind the main menu instead of throwing you back to the main menu? This shit is so fucking annoying and it happens often. I have to restart the game every time this happens.

MMaRsu

Kuroyume said:
Anyone have a problem where you create a game and sometimes you'll get an connection error message and then the game freezes on that scrolling background behind the main menu instead of throwing you back to the main menu? This shit is so fucking annoying and it happens often. I have to restart the game every time this happens.

Yeah it does, that's why I usually back out of the lobby if it takes too long to find someone.

Dynamic3

Does anyone know the deal with the retail box for the PS3 MvC2. I went to my local GS and they said it wasn't in the computer so I couldn't preorder it, they removed it from the site as well.

Kuroyume said:
Yes. It is annoying. I just sign out of my profile. It's faster than restarting the game. Also try and quit a lobby if it's taking too long to start.

Dynamic3 said:
Does anyone know the deal with the retail box for the PS3 MvC2. I went to my local GS and they said it wasn't in the computer so I couldn't preorder it, they removed it from the site as well.

The solution to your problem lies within your post.

Nemesis_

xS1TH L0RDx said:
The solution to your problem lies within your post.
I am fairly certain Capcom aren't allowed to release anything retail with the license they've got, only digitally distributed.

At least that's what one fo the community managers said when the retail copies rumours surfaced on the net.

I could be wrong. =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
gibration said:
EDIT: I see... my pic changed even though I don't know how that happened.

You're linking the webcam instead of an actual photo shot. That's why it changes.

skads_187

Dynamic3 said:

i want to pre-order this as well, I will try calling my local GS later and see wtf is going on.

lantus

Nemesis556 said:
I am fairly certain Capcom aren't allowed to release anything retail with the license they've got, only digitally distributed.

At least that's what one fo the community managers said when the retail copies rumours surfaced on the net.

I could be wrong. =/

They have digital distribution rights, which the retail release still is, since it essentially is only a digital download with some extras.

Anyways it's been confirmed through Capcom Unity, and the listing is back up on Gamstop.

Top Bottom