• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

HiResDes

dralla said:
it's easy to beat a cable FP-spammer though. playing against a good cable is another story
I just figured out how to time Cable's multi hyper beams, and I've practiced relentlessly connecting the hyper with Doom's anti-air assist...I think I'm ready to roll, especially now since I have a 6 hit air combo down with him and understand how to space correctly.

HiResDes

mernst23 said:
I retired from Ranked Match with a 162W/87L record with 50 OCV's.

Now it's time to have some fun playing player matches.
Thats pretty similar to my win/loss as well, but I must say that the best players I've run into were in player matches...Well besides Just Blaze, who had Ironman infinites down to a science.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was the 2nd most-purchased Xbox Live Arcade game for the week of 8/3-8/9, trailing Turtles in Time: Re-shelled. It was the 9th overall most played game on Xbox Live in that time period.

Very impressive.

mattso

I'm slowly working towards the 50/100 win achievements

right now I'm 33-34. I'm not all that great at the game so I think that's pretty decent.

I wish people used a little more variation though... I get so tired of playing the same 5 characters I can only do 5-10 matches a day before I decide to play something else

TheFallen

mattso said:

right now I'm 33-34. I'm not all that great at the game so I think that's pretty decent.

I wish people used a little more variation though... I get so tired of playing the same 5 characters I can only do 5-10 matches a day before I decide to play something else
I'm the same way with the 5 matches a day issue. But I may be a part of the problem due to only being good with Iron Man, Wolverine, and Cable.

HiResDes

TheFallen said:
I'm the same way with the 5 matches a day issue. But I may be a part of the problem due to only being good with Iron Man, Wolverine, and Cable.
Try Tron, she was really easy for me to use from the very start...No one else though, I don't want everyone playing as her now :D

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
mattso said:

Its like that with any fighting game or anything on line really. I love playing 'low tier' or really any character team that gets no love. Winning makes it that much more fun.

Ratba said:
Its like that with any fighting game or anything on line really. I love playing 'low tier' or really any character team that gets no love. Winning makes it that much more fun.
I specifically play my player matches with my two low tier teams: Mega Man, Bison, Zangief/Amingo, Tron, Jill. Even if I lose to a much better team, it makes me feel great when I have a close match, especially against people who only try to use top tier chars.

LiK

if those MvC2 TE sticks use the same fugly art as the cover for the PS3 retail box, count me out. who drew the new official art anyways?

LiK said:
if those MvC2 TE sticks use the same fugly art as the cover for the PS3 retail box, count me out. who drew the new official art anyways?
I'm gonna have to agree. Give me the original Bengus hotness or no deal.

AlfaTrion

Ok. I think I want my team to be Strider, Ryu or Ken and one of the Wolverines.

Gutabo, do you think this is a good team?

I am usually medium-above average for fighting games. Even the vs series BUT I didn't put a lot of time into this one. I think mainly because it was 4 attack buttons. I did the same thign with CvS1.

Btw did you get the game yet? Can you buy gamerpoints from ebay or something? Or do you need local activation codes?

Also, thanks for taking over this thread and teaching all of us so much info!

LiK

MoxManiac said:
Why do you guys want the retail pack so bad? Isn't it just a case and a piece of paper? Or is there more it comes with?

it comes with some stuff, i forget what. it costs the same so why not?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LiK said:

I actually like some of the new art. Some of it looks bad, I'll admit. But I like the artists take on the characters (like Jill [Though Jill's knife in the box-art is fucking huge. WTF?]). I kinda want the background that the 360 game info panel has for an XMB background.

RBH

Flangus said:
How long is it usually between when the Amazon listing for XBLA titles goes up and when the item becomes available?
The problem is that there never seems to be a set time when the titles go up on Amazon.

Sometimes, they'll be up on Amazon shortly after release on the marketplace, while in other cases (ex: Banjo Tooie), the game is still not up yet on Amazon.

TheSeks

Keikoku said:
So I'm new to this game, is there any beginner guide or something ? I'm totally lost here.

Menu->Options->How to Play explains EVERYTHING you need to know about the game.

Then choose characters->Start->Character move list to learn characters.

?????

PROFIT!

MvC2 is the EASIEST fighting game to get into, EVER. You shouldn't be having problems after reading these.

Christopher

Hey "TheSeks" did you get all the trophys? Any having a hard time with?? I remember asking you what "Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams." meant do you know now?

TheSeks

Christopher said:
Hey "TheSeks" did you get all the trophys? Any having a hard time with?? I remember asking you what "Perform 10 snapbacks within 20 unique teams." meant do you know now?

I haven't done ranked. But it's a simple thing to explain:

http://www.tu4ar.com/ (Take you for a ride, obviously) lists stats for PS3/360 users in RANKED games.

Perform 10 Snapbacks = Obvious. QCF+A1/A2 to snapback.

20 Unique teams = Different variations that aren't Cable/Cable/Cable. AKA: Cable/Cable/Akuma, Cable/Cable/Cyclops... 20 of them. Note: That some people have stated that you can use the same team (Cable/Cable/Cable...) many times. As long as there is another team there. (So you can use Cable/Cable/Cable 19 times and then Cable/Cable/Akuma one to get it)

All the achievements are pretty much explainable in terms of the game. Different teams = more than one team, obviously.

Explains your issue?

Basically, it sounds confusing but the heart of it is: Perform 10 snapbacks within a 20 team variation spread. It should count 9 on one team with 1 different, but I can't really say.

-PXG-

TheSeks said:
Menu->Options->How to Play explains EVERYTHING you need to know about the game.

Then choose characters->Start->Character move list to learn characters.

?????

PROFIT!

MvC2 is the EASIEST fighting game to get into, EVER. You shouldn't be having problems after reading these.

TvC is easier. Much easier.

kuYuri

Man, that MvC2 retail package sounds meh at this point. They took away all the good stuff (or never planned on having them in there in the first place).

TheSeks

Strider2K99 said:
Man, that MvC2 retail package sounds meh at this point. They took away all the good stuff (or never planned on having them in there in the first place).

Told you there was no point (even though I thought there wasn't one).

Really, DD token boxes are fucking useless, even for a collector. Oh, yay you have pretty boxart! But no physical product! Go you!?

kuYuri

TheSeks said:
Told you there was no point (even though I thought there wasn't one).

Really, DD token boxes are fucking useless, even for a collector. Oh, yay you have pretty boxart! But no physical product! Go you!?

If the package contained the stuff it was originally rumored to have, then it would have been much better. But alas, the contents of the package were pretty much that... just rumors.

Either way, the only reason I wouldn't have bought it in the end is because I already have over $70 in my PSN wallet, so I might as well spend that. Besides my hate for Gamestop of course.

TheSeks

GalacticAE said:
5:30 EST I think. Somewhere around that time.

PM. Not AM before some smart-ass stays up and goes "LOL NO IT ISN'T!"

And BTW: That's a ROUGH time. SCEA has been known to update the store whenever the fuck they feel like it. Expect MvC2 to be up at Midnight FRIDAY at the earliest if they're going to be slow like they were putting Biohazard: Director's Cut up.

AKA: I WISH SONY WOULD HAVE A SET FUCKING TIME TO UPDATE ALL REGIONS LIKE MICROSOFT DOES ON LIVE. GOD DAMN.

Top Bottom