• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

-PXG-

Patrick Roy said:
The code is case sensitive... or the game isn't up on PSN yet.

They say they are case sensitive, yet, most of the time, it doesn't matter. I entered the code in both lowercase and uppercase, and get the same message.

Spy

-PXG- said:
They say they are case sensitive, yet, most of the time, it doesn't matter. I entered the code in both lowercase and uppercase, and get the same message.
It's because the game isn't up.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yama said:
Without any hype, I'd say this happens to me every 3-4 games... :(

Get used to it.

Yep. Definitely. It makes the process of getting OCVs that much longer, because if you're doing well enough to get an OCV, the other person is bound to ragequit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It was pointed out in the Home thread that the retail box supports Home.
First I've heard of it. Probably shirts or something ala SFIV.

demigod

Anyone know if you can gameshare the retail copy or are you limited to 1 PS3 only? What's the advantage of the PSN over retail?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
demigod said:
What's the advantage of the PSN over retail?

Not getting a useless box, for one.

Retail is useless. USELESS. USELESS. USELESS x 1000. Please, people stop mentioning it. There is nothing with the retail copy and you're just getting a token. For $5 more you can pick up MvC2 and Wild Arms 2 same day and have more than a pretty box to look at with no physical copy.

TheSeks said:

Retail is useless. USELESS. USELESS. USELESS x 1000. Please, people stop mentioning it. There is nothing with the retail copy and you're just getting a token. For $5 more you can pick up MvC2 and Wild Arms 2 same day and have more than a pretty box to look at with no physical copy.

Except that its the same price as the digital copy and the box looks great on my shelf and even tho i dont care about the marvel digital comics its a nice FREE edition. Except for that stuff its pretty useless.

demigod

TheSeks said:

Hey, thanks for not answering my question. Ever thought that some people prefer box and boxart?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
vazel said:
Gotta show off for when your one geeky friend comes over, right?

"OH MY GOD, DUDE! I HAVE THIS PRETTY LITTLE BOX THAT DOESN'T CONTAIN A HARD COPY OF MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2! DUDE, NO WAIT! IT'S UDON ART! UUUUUUUDON ART!"

:lol :lol :lol

topofuji said:
doesn't want to bother.

Don't even bother. John D's "contests" are a clusterfuck of bad.

Prezhulio

SecretBonusPoint said:
I cannot fucking believe it. The one bonus of this new version, the biggest bonus over online play, HD...anything.

Custom Soundtracks.

And Backbone fucking bungle it on PS3. XMB Music will only play when in the Backbone menus before a match. So fat lot of good that mix-tape will do when it turns up!

you've got to be shitting me. i really hope this is patched if true.

topofuji

Banned
About the PS blog post...it's been at 440 posts/35 replies for awhile now...are they deliberately not updating the number, or are there really nobody posting? I would think people would be posting every second on there in hopes of scoring one of the lucky numbers for the "contest".

Ashhong

topofuji said:
About the PS blog post...it's been at 440 posts/35 replies for awhile now...are they deliberately not updating the number, or are there really nobody posting? I would think people would be posting every second on there in hopes of scoring one of the lucky numbers for the "contest".

UPDATE: Your friend John D has officially overloaded the PSB servers with his gigantic comment contest. In response, we have temporarily disabled comments for this post. But fear not…the contest lives on! The first 10 people to message John Diamonon at PSN ID: HIERO9D3 with their name and address get a free vinyl!

says it right there...

topofuji

Banned
Ashhong said:
UPDATE: Your friend John D has officially overloaded the PSB servers with his gigantic comment contest. In response, we have temporarily disabled comments for this post. But fear not…the contest lives on! The first 10 people to message John Diamonon at PSN ID: HIERO9D3 with their name and address get a free vinyl!

says it right there...

I don't even want to try, hundreds probably messaged him by now.

Ashhong

Prezhulio said:
you've got to be shitting me. i really hope this is patched if true.

has to be a bug. from the PS Blog

Wait, there’s more. Since I know you all have mixed feelings about the original Jazz soundtrack, we decided to implement in-game XMB music so you can choose what tracks you listen to while executing your 100-hit DHCs on unsuspecting n00bs. “I’m gonna take you for a ride. I’m gonna take you for a ride. I’m gonna take you for a ride.”

Prezhulio

Ashhong said:
has to be a bug. from the PS Blog

yeah sounds about right. i do like how some developers clamor that implementing custom soundtracks is some great accomplishment, even though it's built into the firmware. i'll take it though if they can fix it/it actually works fine, excited to get my ass kicked to my own tunes!

akakaze

Banned
It's UP....

...but it looks like it was an unlock key... :lol

We've had the full version for months. :lol :lol :lol

IT'S A TRAP...

Thanks, Capcom.

>.<

Game is so awesome, but I forgot how much I sucked at it.

I can usually do really well with spider-man, but it's tough to learn more than one character.

How are you supposed to go about building a team, anyways? I just pick my favorite Marvel characters and go with the recommended assist type. :lol

MoxManiac

Haha what the hell. The game froze during the search for a player match room. Locked my PS3 up hard.

Anyone made MvC2 gaf chat yet? would like to play. I suck at this game though. Like, bigtime.

Jason

MoxManiac said:
Haha what the hell. The game froze during the search for a player match room. Locked my PS3 up hard.

Anyone made MvC2 gaf chat yet? would like to play. I suck at this game though. Like, bigtime.

Mine's frozen, too. :lol

THATS 90%, WELCOME TO USA.

Looks like my addiction is back, and bad. Who knows, maybe I'll actually dive all the fucking way in and get hyper technical this time round.

Also about the music issue: seems only to be in Ranked/Score versus, not Friendly. Maybe they thought it'd lag the game a bit and be unfair or something?

Have had a couple of freeze-ups when leaving a match but none of that crazy shit people reported from the XBLA version where different characters would show up to what you'd chosen and be all glitched :S

Top Bottom