• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

TheSeks said:
PM. Not AM before some smart-ass stays up and goes "LOL NO IT ISN'T!"

And BTW: That's a ROUGH time. SCEA has been known to update the store whenever the fuck they feel like it. Expect MvC2 to be up at Midnight FRIDAY at the earliest if they're going to be slow like they were putting Biohazard: Director's Cut up.

AKA: I WISH SONY WOULD HAVE A SET FUCKING TIME TO UPDATE ALL REGIONS LIKE MICROSOFT DOES ON LIVE. GOD DAMN.

Oh God Damn it! I'm going to bed then...

Neo Member
It's out on the JP PSN. It's not in the store(only the demo), but after you download and install the demo, you can go to the options list via triangle and purchase it from there. Not sure if it's the same for the US store, but it may be.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dragonlife29 said:
Jill/Strider/C. Commando FTW :D (With a side of Jin)

Until they run into Cable/War Machine/Iron Man. :lol Then you cry like a little bitch about my "spam." :lol :lol :lol

Xater

I like Crisp.

You know what the Arc fghters are crazy, but after some time I got used to it. This game though still goes way over my head. :lol

I cannot fucking believe it. The one bonus of this new version, the biggest bonus over online play, HD...anything.

Custom Soundtracks.

And Backbone fucking bungle it on PS3. XMB Music will only play when in the Backbone menus before a match. So fat lot of good that mix-tape will do when it turns up!

ALL HAIL BACKBONE!!

WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE.

Kaibutsu

picked up my "exclusive retail" edition at gamestop at lunch time today. Store only got 4. Really really disappointed. The lack of booklet & unity points makes me sad :( Should have just bought it on psn, god I hate gamestop

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Kaibutsu said:
picked up my "exclusive retail" edition at gamestop at lunch time today. Store only got 4. Really really disappointed. The lack of booklet & unity points makes me sad :( Should have just bought it on psn, god I hate gamestop
Didn't really cost you more though right?

GS is on my way to work. (they received it too)
I'll take the case and coverart if it's going to be the same price as PSN.
Plus I don't pay tax at GS, but I do on PSN.

lantus

dallow_bg said:
Didn't really cost you more though right?

GS is on my way to work. (they received it too)
I'll take the case and coverart if it's going to be the same price as PSN.
Plus I don't pay tax at GS, but I do on PSN.

I got charged exactly 14.99 yesterday when I preordered it, and paid off the whole thing.

this game is a lot of fun but it seems to me the point is not to be strategic anymore - its just to link as many bitch combos as possible - combos i dont really have the time to learn.

as a slightly-above-casual player - im liking Cyclops, Jin and Cable now. but cable goes for either Storm or guile or whoever i feel like.

i tried sentinel and magneto as everyone said to use these guys but theyre just not fun to use at all.

After trying out Magneto / Cyclops / Sentinel for a bit I wasn't happy and have started experimenting with Iron Man / Cammy / One of my original squad. Iron Man is a fucking beast! :lol

SecretBonusPoint said:
Seems in Friendly matches you can play your own music, but not ranked. Well thats kind of fucking annoying!

Friendly matches are online, unranked matches I guess? Also does XMB music work in local multiplayer and single player modes during rounds?

SecretBonusPoint said:
After trying out Magneto / Cyclops / Sentinel for a bit I wasn't happy and have started experimenting with Iron Man / Cammy / One of my original squad. Iron Man is a fucking beast! :lol
PROOOOOOOOOTON CANNON

shaolin242 said:
i tried sentinel and magneto as everyone said to use these guys but theyre just not fun to use at all.

The characters I always enjoy playing with the most in fighting games are never top-tier, so I could either play to win with characters I don't enjoy as much, or play to have fun (and mostly lose online) with the characters I love. I always go with the latter option, but I don't have a super-competitive nature.

SecretBonusPoint said:
I am laughing my ass off at new Mahvel comers going straight for Ken on the select screen and not knowing who to pick next. FINALLY, REVENGE ON KEN SCRUBS!
Until a launcher > air tatsu takes out half of your health. :lol

At least my retail package was shipped yesterday. Time to bust out the 'ol Pedostick TE on you PSN bastards.

pedostickte1.jpg

:lol

I know most GameStops get their games the next day. That not the case most people have found with retail MvC2 or will I have to wait another day?

HiResDes

Tron, Doom, Cable...Tron, Doom, Juggs...Tron, Doom, Wolvy...Tron, Doom, Silver Samurai...Somehow they all work astoundingly for me! :lol

donkey show said:

At least my retail package was shipped yesterday. Time to bust out the 'ol Pedostick TE on you PSN bastards.

I am going to take you for a ride, donkey. SUPERIOR TECH!

HiResDes

Dr. Zoidberg said:
The characters I always enjoy playing with the most in fighting games are never top-tier, so I could either play to win with characters I don't enjoy as much, or play to have fun (and mostly lose online) with the characters I love. I always go with the latter option, but I don't have a super-competitive nature.
Sentinel is easy to be good with, Magneto not so much, he's a very very advanced character.

Synless

donkey show said:

pedostickte1.jpg

:lol
What would it cost me to have you make me one of those? That is far and beyond the best stick I have ever seen.

Recommended playlist for Mahvel:

Stan Bush - The Touch
Joe Esposito - You're The Best
Godhand - Credits Song
Street Fighter 4 - The Next Door - INDESTRUCTIBLE

~loop~

MrMephistoX

SecretBonusPoint said:
I am laughing my ass off at new Mahvel comers going straight for Ken on the select screen and not knowing who to pick next. FINALLY, REVENGE ON KEN SCRUBS!

You made baby Jesus smile with that one...

Synless said:
What would it cost me to have you make me one of those? That is far and beyond the best stick I have ever seen.
Wow. You know what's funny, I made this stick in response to all the gaudy anime chick sticks I saw on the net. But before I get way OT, just PM me and I'm sure we could work something out.

SecretBonusPoint said:
I am going to take you for a ride, donkey. SUPERIOR TECH!

Three Kens all the way. :lol :lol :lol

ccbfan

Lol, this topic is hilarious.

I don't have this game (no 360/PS3) but I'm heading to someone who has it this weekend. I'm starting to wonder if I could ever get a ranked match off without getting rage quit.

I main Sent/Cable/Commando and Spiral/Cable/Sent in the old days. I can just imagine the reaction if I

1. Put them in a spiral sent trap and the other player doesn't know how to push block and super jump well. My friends used to get so pissed when I did that which was why I never did it to them when they were drunk.

2. Have full meter Cable (easy with spiral), catch both main and an assist in a AHVB x 3 and then Guard break AHVB x 2 the last character. Then go Cable/Sent keep away on them for the remaining 1/3 health.

3. Sent/Commando pressure and having the opponent wonder 20 seconds later why their character is almost deal even though he only got hit twice.

I would piss so much people off.

Yama

SecretBonusPoint said:
Oh hell yes. My first rage quit in Mahvel after perfecting his first character with my Cyclops!

cyclops.gif

Goodnight out there, Battousai14, whoever you were! :lol
Without any hype, I'd say this happens to me every 3-4 games... :(

Get used to it.

-PXG- said:
Just got him with the retail version. Keeps on saying the code is invalid. I swear to fucking God...
Is it up on the US PSN store yet? If not, you're just going to have to wait a little longer until it does. Then you can download to your heart's content.

Top Bottom