• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Marvel has different licenses for different things. Activision has a license for action RPGs, SEGA has a few movie license, and EA HAD the fighting game license, but they lost that after the shitty Marvel Nemesis.

I remember hearing that Capcom wanted to port the game a few years ago, but couldn't modify the code since they did not have the license anymore.

I remember when EA lost the license. That was crazy, because the game was using the Fight Night Round 3 engine, and it played similar to MK vs DC. Super Heroes was getting beat up, thrown into building and everything.

article of the fighting game being canceled with video.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Soon soon, it will be time to fuck people up online! But man that sucks about the PNS release being about 2 weeks late.

Captain N

xero273 said:
same here. That's why I sent off my hrap 3 to get it dual modded so I can buy both xbox and ps3 version.

Where did you get that done? can I get the same sort of thing for the street fighter TE Stick?

Christopher

I can't wait for the PSN release, it's gonig to be awesome. Remember if you want to win fairly easily and your not THAT skilled play online when it first comes out...I actually stood a chance when SFIV first came out, now my ass gets whooped all the time :*(

I don't know how I'd feel about a new Marvel Vs. Capcom I love the series too so much because it uses the 90's look of everyone...I dunno how I'd feel about updated looks so much.

I'm so excited about this! I couldn't find my cables for the dreamcast so ended up connecting my VGA box to my old monitor to shake off the rust. I wish I could use my Sega Saturn pads on my 360 but don't think there is an adapter for it. I really hope I can play my Strider Doom team effectively. I can't wait to hear people's reactions to Strider Doom once I initiate the trap! People will kneel down to Doctor Doom on Xbox Live!

xbox live: Mr Appleboo

xero273

Captain N said:
Where did you get that done? can I get the same sort of thing for the street fighter TE Stick?

PM gaf user akuma001. He's done dual mods for many gaf users. Which TE stick do you have? I know it is possible for a 360 te stick. Anyways, just pm akuma001 and he should be able to answer your questions.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kafel said:
All characters will be unlocked at first ? : /

I voiced the same opinion and was thoroughly mocked for doing so earlier this year. The common response was "Why should we have to wait for something we want right from the beginning?"

For some reason fighting game fans feel as if they shouldn't have to work for anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there atleast an easier way to choose colours for the characters you choose? I don't like trying out all the buttons I can until I find the colour I like.

topofuji

Banned
So has there been any official reason why the PS3 version isn't releasing this week/delayed to 8/13 and the XBL version gets released this week?
Or can we just blame Microsoft's moneyhatting again? :lol

Plinko said:
I voiced the same opinion and was thoroughly mocked for doing so earlier this year. The common response was "Why should we have to wait for something we want right from the beginning?"

For some reason fighting game fans feel as if they shouldn't have to work for anything.

Why should I have to wait to play as Charlie and Juggernaut, if everyone else gets their favorite players day one? If I wanted to play single player, I'd just play my Xbox version.

Speaking of which, my Hori EX 2 arrived last week, and I finally got around to testing it on Friday. Put in Third Strike (from SF:AC), and was stunned that pulling off chain attacks wasn't as easy as I remembered with a stick - and then I remembered I was playing 3rd strike, which has very unforgiving timing for chaining regular moves into specials/super arts, so even though I was able to easily pull moves off, I hadn't played it in so long that my combo skills were lousy.

The only way to test it in a MvC 2 environment was to throw in the downright broken BC Xbox version that I still have. :lol

Works great, sprite glitches and all. I'm almost tempted to use it to warm up before Wednesday if I can keep from vomiting all over my LCD. Anyone looking for a stick on the cheap should grab it from Buy.com, it's only $49.99.

Cynar

Plinko said:

It's a decade old game. If you want to unlock everything and play single player go and play the original on dreamcast or ps2.

edit: beaten

xero273

topofuji said:
So has there been any official reason why the PS3 version isn't releasing this week/delayed to 8/13 and the XBL version gets released this week?

Didn't we have a thread where MS accidentally posted how long each of their arcade games were exclusive for? I remember that's the thread where it said MvC2 was 2 week exclusive.

EDIT: found the thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368509

Captain N

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to unlock all of the characters. Really? Why would anyone care if someone else would like to be able to unlock all of the characters. There are some people who don't want to play it online and enjoy unlocking fighters/characters .

Jswanko

Captain N said:
I don't see anything wrong with wanting to unlock all of the characters. Really? Why would anyone care if someone else would like to be able to unlock all of the characters. There are some people who don't want to play it online and enjoy unlocking fighters/characters .

And there are some people who just want to fool around with friends and be able to choose any character from the start.

Captain N said:

This is true. I do think that would of been fun, but damn, that took forever to get everything unlocked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chauncy Talon said:
This is true. I do think that would of been fun, but damn, that took forever to get everything unlocked.

I agree but they could've made it easier to unlock characters, thats not impossible you know. But I'm happy with the decision to make all characters unlocked from the start, they still will probably have artwork and stuff for the people DYING to have something to unlock.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Boggles my mind why people would want to spend any time in single player in a fighting game. Especially in the day of XBL/PSN.

Cynar said:
It's a decade old game. If you want to unlock everything and play single player go and play the original on dreamcast or ps2.

edit: beaten

What about those Xbox people?

I really want to see how many people going to use Blackheart on the game.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
jon bones said:
Boggles my mind why people would want to spend any time in single player in a fighting game. Especially in the day of XBL/PSN.

practice so you dont get owned online? is the only reason i can think about, sure there is training mode but in arcade mode you can actually ''die'' :lol

Captain N

Jswanko said:
And there are some people who just want to fool around with friends and be able to choose any character from the start.

I can understand people wanting to do that too. I just don't see why some people are bashing others for liking unlockables.

DR2K

Banned
Plinko said:

You should not have to work for basic content. It's like someone making you work for oxygen and water, it's just not right. If you really want to unlock things, I'm sure the trophies/achievements should be enough.

Captain N said:

Just spend your first 40 to 50 playthroughs in arcade mode using only the 'center square' characters, and click in and out of the options menu 4 or 5 times every time you beat abyss.

There, you've simulated unlocking, while the rest of us have our fun.

Captain N

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Just spend your first 40 to 50 playthroughs in arcade mode using only the 'center square' characters, and click in and out of the options menu 4 or 5 times every time you beat abyss.

There, you've simulated unlocking, while the rest of us have our fun.

I don't mind everyone being unlocked from the start. I can just see why some people would want to unlock them.

Lothars

Christopher said:

at least for me it gives me something to do in the game when im playing it normally, plus it lets me try different teams that I might not use but I wish there was an option to make characters unlockable.

It's not a big deal but would be kind of nice.

Lothars

topofuji said:

I would say it's because of Microsofts Summer of Arcade promotion but I wish it was out on the PS3 this week as well.

NIN90

jon bones said:

Taking turns with my brother in single player to unlock stuff is almost more fun than playing VS.-matches.

-PXG-

Man....I'm getting the PS3 version, but I don't know if I should get it on 360 as well. I got 2350 points. This or the Gears 2 Dark Corners maps?

Roto13

I like unlockables, even in fighters, but the original MvC2 did it very, very wrong. I'd rather have everything unlocked than go through that crap, but I'd honestly rather have a Brawl-style grid thing than anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DR2K said:
You should not have to work for basic content. It's like someone making you work for oxygen and water, it's just not right. If you really want to unlock things, I'm sure the trophies/achievements should be enough.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Talk about hyperbole. I also take it that you hate any game with unlockable content?

It's not like I have a huge problem with it, I just am in the minority that would like something to do in single-player mode. Unlocking all the characters from the start almost makes single-player useless.

As for online, admittedly, I don't have the time to put into mastering a fighting game and will get destroyed.

Plinko said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Talk about hyperbole. I also take it that you hate any game with unlockable content?

It's not like I have a huge problem with it, I just am in the minority that would like something to do in single-player mode. Unlocking all the characters from the start almost makes single-player useless.

As for online, admittedly, I don't have the time to put into mastering a fighting game and will get destroyed.

I usually only play casually online... and while I loved this game as a versus type game back on the DC, I don't generally get to play with people I know as much as I'd necessarily like... which makes me have mixed feelings on the unlock thing.

I mean, I didn't like needing to unlock people I want to use (SFIV) but also, depending on how the achievements are structured, I like *something* to draw me into the single player experience.

It's a gift and a curse.

Christopher

Please I'm glad the shit is unlocked on the PS2 version is was so tedious and boring to unlock that stuff. If it were the Street Fighter IV or a different kind of way besides those stupid "points" it would be fine.

h3ro

-PXG- said:
Man....I'm getting the PS3 version, but I don't know if I should get it on 360 as well. I got 2350 points. This or the Gears 2 Dark Corners maps?

Gears, bro, haven't gotten a M2AF in a while... :p

xero273

gibration said:
So this game comes out Tuesday or Wednesday?

Wednesday. You can stay that night and it'll be available I think at 5 AM, but you are better off sleeping and waking up to buy the game

thank god everything is unlocked, i dont have time for that shit.

does anyone know if the character select allows you to pick 3 Ryu's (for instance)? i remember i could do it on dreamcast with some weird save file i downloaded, but i couldn't do it on the ps2 or xbox version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone know if the character select allows you to pick 3 Ryu's (for instance)? i remember i could do it on dreamcast with some weird save file i downloaded, but i couldn't do it on the ps2 or xbox version.

LOL WUT!? X-box version let you do it (can't say for the PS2 version, don't own it). JILL/JILL/JILL. CABLE/CABLE/CABLE. :lol

But I'm sure you can do that out of the gate.

TheSeks said:
LOL WUT!? X-box version let you do it (can't say for the PS2 version, don't own it). JILL/JILL/JILL. CABLE/CABLE/CABLE. :lol

But I'm sure you can do that out of the gate.

oh, i must have been mistaken then :(

not that i use that normally, i just liked seeing 3 ryu's doing that super laser at the sametime :D

Roto13

In previous versions, to have the same character on your team multiple times, you had to unlock all of the characters and colours.

EDIT: I'm too slow. :p

Since everything is unlocked from the start, it stands to reason that you'll be able to do it from the get go in the PS360 version. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Backbone overlooked that feature entirely. It's exactly the kind of thing they would do.

Maximus.

wat! i didnt know all the characters would be unlocked! this is making me even more hyped now...dream team from the start!

Top Bottom