• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new irritations in mission mode:
Felicia 08, though I didn't spend much time on it
X-23 08, I can do the whole thing, but either Magneto's assist or x-23s ankle slicer charge miss so going into weapon x prime
Dorm 10, I'm having trouble with the spidey web ball/flame carpet/relaunch. The launcher always seems to block, even if the flame carpet bounces OTG and the web ball connects. Even if I mash, something seems off, so I'm not quite sure what to adjust. :(

V_Arnold

zlatko said:
What's your team ?

Currently, it is Viper/Trish/Deadpool.
I am thinking about an X23/Doom/She-Hulk trio also, cause She Hulk rocks.

I can punish his air pipe attack around 40-60%, but the other one or two attempts that goes in kills one of my chars due to the half-health followup :( (Meterless, ofc, fuck that...)

Ferrio said:
Moving with Hsein-ko's movement sucks, so it's a pain. Also tossing shit at Dormammu is asking to eat that insanely fast super.

So far I've been keeping Hsein-ko in the wings for assist. When she's the last character I pop Xfactor, and her mobility is no longer a problem and she can hold her own quite well then.

Be careful using Hsien-Ko just for assists. At least learn some combos or be somewhat decent 'cause or else you're going to be snapped back all the time. I've been doing that to the players who only use her for assists and it's been killer for them.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Be careful using Hsien-Ko just for assists. At least learn some combos or be somewhat decent 'cause or else you're going to be snapped back all the time. I've been doing that to the players who only use her for assists and it's been killer for them.

I can play as her, just it's not ideal cause she's ...well pretty bad. And how can't you know combos with her... all her BnB's are simplistic crap.

I really hate accidently air dashing with her, it's like signing your death warrent. Also why haven't we done any 1v1s?

Solune

corrosivefrost said:
My new irritations in mission mode:
Felicia 08, though I didn't spend much time on it
X-23 08, I can do the whole thing, but either Magneto's assist or x-23s ankle slicer charge miss so going into weapon x prime
Dorm 10, I'm having trouble with the spidey web ball/flame carpet/relaunch. The launcher always seems to block, even if the flame carpet bounces OTG and the web ball connects. Even if I mash, something seems off, so I'm not quite sure what to adjust. :(

For X-23, you can land it in the corner but its difficult. You want to do it midscreen so that when ankle slicer hits hyper grab takes effect instead of ankle slicer hitting them out of hyper grab.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JeTmAn81 said:
Were you using the analog stick or the actual D-pad? I use the analog stick for most movements but on Down Down's I switch over to the D-pad. This is with a DualShock 3.
360 analog. The D-pad I cannot trust.

But even for that specific input I tried down, down+attack on the d-pad and it just doesn't register as fluidly as every other input I put in. Just so odd, and frustrating.

Ferrio said:
I can play as her, just it's not ideal cause she's ...well pretty bad. And how can't you know combos with her... all her BnB's are simplistic crap.

I really hate accidently air dashing with her, it's like signing your death warrent. Also why haven't we done any 1v1s?

I don't know! I come into the chat and ask "Does anyone wanna play?" while you're there. And no response.

So I blame it on you.

edit: Also, you have no idea some of these Hsien Ko players. Once they get snapped in, their reaction is to press back until they can switch out again.

SmokeMaxX

Hey guys, A.R.K. III (one of the largest fighting game tournaments in the South) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as SSF4, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue: CS, Tekken 6, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://shoryuken.com/f7/r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-t6-bb-smash-more-261820/. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Street Fighter/Marvel community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Neki

enzo_gt said:

But even for that specific input I tried down, down+attack on the d-pad and it just doesn't register as fluidly as every other input I put in. Just so odd, and frustrating.

yeah I can't dash or double down with the analog either, doesn't register fast enough in most cases.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
yeah I can't dash or double down with the analog either, doesn't register fast enough in most cases.
Yeah, I've had trouble wavedashing too. Right trigger kinda does the job half as well though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
mr. puppy said:
i'm really not liking this sentinel/phoenix teams. for instance....the guys going against justin wong are getting railed by wolverine/akuma assists, and they'd greatly benefit from snapping in akuma and getting him dead since he sucks vs sentinel, but they keep being too conservative with meter so they can get dark phoenix and just end up dying.

once somebody does snaps against justin he might actually be easy to deal with, right now everyone is just doing this dumb keep away play.

Yeah. Even though most of these guys are top players, you can tell they are just not using their options correctly. Using Sent and Phoenix as crutch, only using the Marn combo with Dante, not baiting and punishing important assists like Doom Missiles or Akuma tatsu, lack of snapbacks, lack of crossover counters.

Solune said:
For X-23, you can land it in the corner but its difficult. You want to do it midscreen so that when ankle slicer hits hyper grab takes effect instead of ankle slicer hitting them out of hyper grab.

Maybe I need to delay on hitting assist to bring Maggy in... thanks for the tips. I knew about it not really working in the corner...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Teknopathetic said:
"I dont see the reason why they crippled Hsien-Ko so much. Her damage isnt great, there is no ability to strategize around item toss, she is incredibly slow for no reason, cant cancel her pendulum anymore, and her health is poor. Seems like she's just like Haggar where she is only great as an assist. Too many weaknesses."

I'm completely boggled as to why they changed her so much from the Darkstalkers games and left Morrigan/Felicia more or less intact (as far as speed/tools goes). That's not saying that they should've done the same to Morrigan/Felicia so much as saying I don't see why they saw it necessary to do it with Hsien-Ko. I really don't get it.

Well I mean why did they take away Ryu's combo options or Cap's double jump? These things help key areas of their game and they arent gonna break them. It would just make them useful. But they give Sent a double jump and a bloody command throw. I dunno.

Jawmuncher

I've been using randomly lately to force myself into get to know the other characters more.
Ended up finding out Captain America, Trish, Modok, Arthur and some other's are pretty good characters.

For awhile I was mainly playing Wesker and Chris with 3rd as random.
While those 2 are still my main's it's nice to be able to have better choices for my 3rd slot.
Now that I know the other characters better

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
QisTopTier said:
they prob thought she would be too good, but then forgot this is a marvel game :p

Even in VS though she was a risk/reward character. She wasnt easy mode like Sasquatch or Gallon. She was like mid tier or something.

How do you fuck up something like the strategy of the item toss rotation? I mean clearly you arent worried about dizzy being abused when you give a character multiple types of command throws that do just that and she can start ridiculous combos off of them.

"You live in Arkansas?"

Yup. Only reason I haven't been to one yet (or any AR fighting game stuff) is due to life being in the way, I'm in central AR so driving and stuff's not an issue.

"Well I mean why did they take away Ryu's combo options or Cap's double jump? These things help key areas of their game and they arent gonna break them. It would just make them useful. But they give Sent a double jump and a bloody command throw. I dunno."

Ryu at least has big damage and an aimable super fast beam super. Cap has a lot of combo goodness. Hsien-ko has gained nothing, only lost things that if kept intact probably wouldn't have made her particularly amazing anyway.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its funny cause Ryu's beam is actually much slower on start up than Akuma and Dorm, when everyone was talking prerelease like it was the special thing that redeemed him. Nope, turns out Akuma does that better too.

Neki

HK-47 said:
Its funny cause Ryu's beam is actually much slower on start up than Akuma and Dorm, when everyone was talking prerelease like it was the special thing that redeemed him. Nope, turns out Akuma does that better too.
akuma dies from a breeze cutting through his paper body though.

SmokeMaxX

Teknopathetic said:
"You live in Arkansas?"

Yup. Only reason I haven't been to one yet (or any AR fighting game stuff) is due to life being in the way, I'm in central AR so driving and stuff's not an issue.
Well, snap. You should definitely join the Arkansas Fighting Game Network at http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=373796221942. We meet up a couple of times a week playing pretty much any fighting game you want (though Marvel and SSF4 are our crack right now). Hit me up anytime you want to throw down. You should definitely make it to ARK III! It'll be big!

El Sloth

Banned
G-Fex said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFykoEmBq5A

I don't know if anyone sees the two best friends play series but this is hilarious for MvC3 players.
For a second I thought you were talking about the Excellent Adventures series, but I see it's something different. Will check it out later.

orioto said:
Training with combos is indeed a great source of progress, but... i don't know, this game makes it so hard to just BE in a position to hit closely.. How do you guys do ?? Only striking back ?
What exactly are you asking here? How to get past an opponents block and start a combo?

If that's what you mean then I would recommend figuring out some mix-ups using the tools your character already has and then with assists. By mix-up I mean making your opponent guess what it is you're going to do next. For example, the most basic mix-up is switching it up between high and low attacks forcing your opponent to choose how to block, stand block or crouch block? If you're using a character with a teleport then you can incorporate that into opening your opponent up or similarly if you have an assist which hits low you can use that to create an unblockable situation where your point character(the one that is in play) is striking high and your assist low at the same time.

It would really help if you list who you're using.

I would also recommend looking through the SRK guide to find out which attacks and assists strike high and/or low.

enzo_gt said:

I would suggest you get a couple SF4 Fightpads. All the motions are super easy to do on that pad, except DPs for some reason.

"Well, snap. You should definitely join the Arkansas Fighting Game Network at http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=373796221942. We meet up a couple of times a week playing pretty much any fighting game you want (though Marvel and SSF4 are our crack right now). Hit me up anytime you want to throw down. You should definitely make it to ARK III! It'll be big!"

Yeah, FMF told me about it but I won't be able to make it. I definitely plan on getting out to some of these events after I sort some things, though.

So I just got my Classic Controller > USB adapter so I can use my TvC Arcade sticks. Works pretty well, though having two "Dead" buttons in the middle can be a little hard to used to.

I still feel more comfortable with a Pad. It's like trying to become ambidextrous, I just don't think I can do it. Out of curiosity are there any worthwhile Fighting Game PADS for the PS3?

Best message i received so far:

People like you ruin yet another game for legit players, yes yes i know i suck your the best im jelous no skill etc etc fucked my mom etc etc whine whine etc etc same ol lines all the "PROS" use

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ultimoo said:
akuma dies from a breeze cutting through his paper body though.
Yeah, and for a scrub like me, health is a premium so I stick with Ryu over Akuma. No doubt Akuma is better though.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Damn, was just messing around with zero and his reverse crossup is beast! His Hienkaku H into sentsuizan will hit on the same side in the corner even if in any other place it does crossup... damn its going to mess some people up!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Skilotonn said:
It's like nobody knows how to block in Baltimore, wow.

Not sure if its because of the lag, but I too have problems blocking and seems a bunch of inputs get lost when there is lag online ... was mashing just to get a super and it wouldn't even come out...

Ploid 3.0

Holy crap simple mode seem to be pretty darn effective. 280wins 114 loss, I was locked down. This game is like a stress test. I should really stop doing ranked.

kirblar

HK-47 said:
The big difference is being able to aim Ryu's beam. Akuma's limited direction-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom