• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmithnCo said:
If you ordered from the Capcom Store and your copy got delayed, check your email. I just got a promo code for the free guide. Nice thing of them to do, even if it is a bit belated.
Yeah. I got one too! Although some of the data is incorrect due to the patches, I'm still glad.

It's ridiculous how good Wesker and Zero are in ranked. A single mistake with Wesker means you lose an easy 400K off of normals alone and a single whiffed move on Zero gets you stuck in a twenty second combo.

I'm usually calm and collected about these sorts of things, but fuck those guys...
n3ss said:
I did some research (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but has Ryota Niitsuma worked on any ps3 or 360 titles before MvC3? I see him credited in SFIV, but other than that nothing. I also checked out Eighting, and also see that MvC3 was their first ps3/360 title. Maybe this would explain a lot?
BlazBlue, DOA4 and Soul Calibur were both done much earlier on the 360/PS3 and the netcode was great then. Capcom also has the resources to right the ship if they see that an important aspect of the game is being neglected.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
kirblar said:
The DHC glitch is not "creative use of mechanics". Resetting damage scaling without actually resetting your opponent was not intended. It allows characters to kill off of throws who otherwise could not due to the more severe damage degradation that's put into place when comboing off of a grab or throw.

It's a glitch, it'll be patched out, and if you think that's a bad thing, you need to stop living in the '90s.

Actually, I'll continue to call it a creative use of mechanics, based upon the fun speculation about just how the glitch / exploit happens. This being that it's based around an unforeseen exploitation of the spinning knockdown state. The fact that it's not intended goes without saying! But then, this was never, about everything "unintended" being bad.

It's really just about some arcade players having a hissy fit over some things being fixed when they're of the mindset that nothing should be touched because it's all "just the game, deal with it bro". The DHC glitch isn't in the same class of issue that something like a basic infinite loop is.

DryEyeRelief said:
hilarious that this is being told to kaijima

Leave the junior member alone, he is trying to be ironic.

And besides, it's true. I spend Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in 1994, because I have a Time Machine.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn it, that cap combo I figured out doesn't work anymore, you can't walk up and trip into shield slash cause they flip out now...... D:

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
BlazBlue, DOA4 and Soul Calibur were both done much earlier on the 360/PS3 and the netcode was great then. Capcom also has the resources to right the ship if they see that an important aspect of the game is being neglected.
Eh...

Kaijima said:
Leave the junior member alone, he is trying to be ironic.

I wasn't defending you. I genuinely thought it was funny, considering you've regarded players with any sort of criticism to Capcom's changes as an old man yelling at a cloud.

This is even better because it's like an SRK member singling out someone for being an 09er.

rivals

SmithnCo said:
If you ordered from the Capcom Store and your copy got delayed, check your email. I just got a promo code for the free guide. Nice thing of them to do, even if it is a bit belated.

I haven't gotten it yet :( Not that I need the guide since I have it, but I'm definitely going to get it and give it away.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
7th Lord! This went a lot smoother overall, except near the end. Keot flirting with the edge but didn't get it until my third or maybe even fourth Rank Up Battle. In two of those games the game matched me against the same super aggro Zero user who destroyed me by heavy corner pressure. So I rebounded to 85% exp a few times.

hitsugi

QisTopTier said:
So much ass kissing of capcom, they fucked up the netcode and menus there is no arguing about it. As I said before there is no they tried their hardest D: It either works or it doesn't and honestly it doesn't really work. Then you got arc sys who has he best netcode around in ONE TRY turn around and UPDATE IT to make it better? Yeah that's called they know what's important
It's strange that no one seems to be acknowledging this post. Shit is as real as it gets.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
VF5 had godlike netcode. All those servers for 5 players.
I'm watching the 1upYours 2007 This Year recap now, and hearing Shane talk about how perfect of a game VF5 is hilarious.

shaowebb

capcom Blog Patch Notes said:
MvC3 Patch Notes
Friday, April 15, 2011, 5:23 PM [General]

Yes, the rumors are true: we did patch MvC3 today. We've fixed UI bugs and tweaked minor details of the gameplay to improve the experience. Here are the details of what was updated.

- Fixed bug where a cross counter and X-factor activation would cause Ryu to float if using the β or γ assists.

- Fixed bug involving snapping out Zero during the activation of his Shadow Clone, which was disabling control of that player's characters.

- Fixed bug involving the hit stun for Captain America's Shield Slash against Ryu, Amaterasu, and Hulk, which was allowing an unintended combo.

- Fixed bug for displaying more than 128 victories in a game lobby.

- Fixed bug involving Haggar blocking an attack in the air, immediately after using the Hoodlum Launcher.

- Fixed bug for displaying consecutive victories over 99 in Player Match.

- Fixed bug that allowed an infinite combo by Amaterasu against Taskmaster (Standing), Amaterasu(Standing or Ducking), Zero (Standing), and Shuma-Gorath (Ducking). Bug fix involved Amaterasu's Solar Flare attack (x5) and Power Slash combo.

- Fixed bug where Spencer's Bionic Maneuvers would cause Viewtiful Joe and Arthur to be stuck in the ground, when used as part of a combo with Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist.

- Fixed bug where Specner's Bionic Maneuvers would cause the damage to display incorrectly, when used in a combo with Haggar's Steel Pipe and Rapid Fire Fist.

Not bad. I was expecting all of these to be high on their priority list. I would like to see few tweaks here and there to a few characters though. Give Joe a Teleport dash similar to berzerker slash and he would be pretty good IMO, but stuff like that is a bit heavy to ask for.

If super ultimate omega big mac MVC3 is a reality in the works I can hope for a Joe mobility tweak then. Mainly though I just want the netcode replaced with GGPO stuff so we can get a GOOD match. Anything else is just extras for me.

However, I'll also hope for at least a half dozen more characters because I am a dirty greedy fuck.

Viewtiful Joe is amazing. Give him good assists and he can't be stopped. He is the tiny god of battle.

And MODOK. MODOK is a 1-man DHC trick.

Joe/MODOK/Deadpool for life. I love this team as much as my Jill team.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My teams synergy is so good xD and it happens to all be characters I like HURRAY FOR ME

I'll record a few combos later a team dhc one and a taskmaster with sent assist one :D

hours and hours of playing vs proto to get teams down, oddly enough just characters I wanted to straight up use work perfect lol

Kaijima said:
Actually, I'll continue to call it a creative use of mechanics, based upon the fun speculation about just how the glitch / exploit happens. This being that it's based around an unforeseen exploitation of the spinning knockdown state. The fact that it's not intended goes without saying! But then, this was never, about everything "unintended" being bad.

It's really just about some arcade players having a hissy fit over some things being fixed when they're of the mindset that nothing should be touched because it's all "just the game, deal with it bro". The DHC glitch isn't in the same class of issue that something like a basic infinite loop is.

I get what you're saying, and you don't seem like you're passionately for or against a patch to fix the DHC, but why do you say this? Surely more people have won matches with touch of death combos that utilize the DHC glitch than by doing Captain America's infinite. And the issue of whether it's a "true glitch" is just arguing semantics. One could say infinite loops just creatively exploit hit stun, and aren't in themselves "glitchy."

Anyway, I think both are annoying for different reasons. As has been said before, most characters that can even do the DLC glitch already have a crapload of options versus those who can't. Capcom did an awesome job balancing the game for the most part, I just can't see keeping in something that gives a fraction of the roster such a large unintended advantage for very long. I could be wrong though.

Toski

So I'm wondering if Capcom Europe already knew about "Super" MvC3 when they made that tweet about MvC3 being "done and dusted."

Capcom Europe never actually corrected that tweet, people just took that Capcom-Unity mod's word that it was a misunderstanding when it doesn't look like that was the case.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Viewtiful Joe is amazing. Give him good assists and he can't be stopped. He is the tiny god of battle.

And MODOK. MODOK is a 1-man DHC trick.

Joe/MODOK/Deadpool for life. I love this team as much as my Jill team.

He's good up close, but he has to have an assist to be able to approach due to his maneuverability. He can do a moderate keepaway if your quick on voomerang I guess but it gets beaten out by most other guys even if all your doing it for is a bait to lure jump/teleports from them to feed a red hot kick into them.

This is why I'd like Joe to get something like Berzerker Slash someday just so he can get in there against run aways better on his own. It'd be interesting to design a topheavy Joe team sometime though. Something specifically designed just to allow joe to get in there and do his stuff.

I just feel Joe is too easy to avoid up close and easy to beat out at a distance with projectiles that are better than his voomerang. Give him some kind of way to stay in your face though and you could finally see the little guy shine in a team.

I've got more hang time than sentinel
My air play's more potent than pet shop
I'm tagged in, this ain't ending well
hit you with my jet chair you ground flop
and bounce back
My back's covered by deadpools and viewtiful joes
I'll knock your team down like dominoes
I'm on a T1 line my downloading flows
you've got no time my analysis grows
you can't hit me with throws
I don't need to mix up I've got unblockables
every time you mess up my combos become legends become fables
and you're never able
to break the iron wall
cause my zoning stays stable
and for each jump you fall
and each fall is long
if you thought I'd ever grow tired of killing
you'd be wrong
cause I've got no conscience
I was designed without empathy
this is a class in rush down abstinence
my balloon bombs keep you stationary
my barriers keep me scratch-free
it's only time before my powers unlock
I'm locking you down until you decide to pay
I'll run my laser high beams down your damage highway
I've got all day to run the clock
only 99 ticks before the whole world
belongs to MODOK.

Ooh! I thought of one for Taskmaster lovers!

Hello, my name is Taskmaster
I'm the master of tasking
and all the little kids my mask is scaring
I like my bow
it goes PEW PEW PEW
the arrows glow
and make your pants full of doo doo
my combos are super scrubby
cause I float and I linger
I can aim in different directions
like a schizophrenic bisexual swinger
and speaking of swinging
I can do cool things like spiderman
and hold my shield just like cap can
and he says hey man
that's not cool
but it is cool
cause I'm Taskmaster.
The end.

El Sloth

Banned
Reading through the SSIV thread got me to wondering if anyone here has any plans for heading down for EVO?

I really want to go, but I have yet to commit to making any hotel reservations or flight arrangements.

JeTmAn81

God's Beard said:
I've got more hang time than sentinel
My air play's more potent than pet shop
I'm tagged in, this ain't ending well
hit you with my jet chair you ground flop
and bounce back
My back's covered by deadpools and viewtiful joes
I'll knock your team down like dominoes
I'm on a T1 line my downloading flows
you've got no time my analysis grows
you can't hit me with throws
I don't need to mix up I've got unblockables
every time you mess up my combos become legends become fables
and you're never able
to break the iron wall
cause my zoning stays stable
and for each jump you fall
and each fall is long
if you thought I'd ever grow tired of killing
you'd be wrong
cause I've got no conscience
I was designed without empathy
this is a class in rush down abstinence
my balloon bombs keep you stationary
my barriers keep me scratch-free
it's only time before my powers unlock
I'm locking you down until you decide to pay
I'll run my laser high beams down your damage highway
I've got all day to run the clock
only 99 ticks before the whole world
belongs to MODOK.

I like my bow
it goes PEW PEW PEW
the arrows glow
and speaking of swinging
and he says hey man
that's not cool
but it is cool
cause I'm Taskmaster.
The end.
Let's put a beat to this

El Sloth said:
Reading through the SSIV thread got me to wondering if anyone here has any plans for heading down for EVO?

I really want to go, but I have yet to commit to making any hotel reservations or flight arrangements.

Same here

For me it really all depends if I can afford to make the damn trip... being a student is no good for my wallet :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:

I like my bow
it goes PEW PEW PEW
the arrows glow
and speaking of swinging
and he says hey man
that's not cool
but it is cool
cause I'm Taskmaster.
The end.

*throws tomatoes at*

I could write a better one LOL and make it sound awesome SO THERE

More JoeDOK technology: Shocking Pink assist bounces off of the barrier if you call both at the same time, MASSIVELY extending the bomb's range. Almost like free balloon bombs :)

JeTmAn81

GG, Q. I had a feeling after I won the first match that it would be the last one that I won. Sure enough, 15 straight losses followed. Thanks for hanging that long with my scrubby self. Any tips for me? As you can see, I have a lot of trouble opening up my opponent's defense for combos.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
JeTmAn81 said:
GG, Q. I had a feeling after I won the first match that it would be the last one that I won. Sure enough, 15 straight losses followed. Thanks for hanging that long with my scrubby self. Any tips for me? As you can see, I have a lot of trouble opening up my opponent's defense for combos.
Learn to bait attacks, most of the time I was landing hits was when you messed up. Otherwise I was on the defensive for the most part.

smurfx

get some go again
even though i've lost to him many times i am still in awe of how ridiculous x factor sentinel is. makes shitty players good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
even though i've lost to him many times i am still in awe of how ridiculous x factor sentinel is. makes shitty players good.
and you are shit yourself for not being able to block a predicable character :D kthx

There are WAAAAAAAAAAY worse xfactor characters than sent

smurfx

get some go again
QisTopTier said:
and you are shit yourself for not being able to block a predicable character :D kthx

There are WAAAAAAAAAAY worse xfactor characters than sent
no i usually handle him just fine but i can fuck up from time to time. are you a shitty player that looks better because of sentinel? no need to be so salty bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom