• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdub03 said:
Yeah those air loops look really nice. I have a pre-made team with him on it that I might mess around with just to try out his advanced combos. The team is zero magneto wesker.

Does anyone have the notation for dantes long hammer combos? The ones where he otgs 50 times a combo.
Marn ran that team for a short time after the Sentinel nerf. If you start Magneto you can DHC glitch into Zero for some real bullshit damage.

jdub03

Dahbomb said:
LOL which one. I can provide the notation if you can link a video of it.

I've seen it on stream a couple times. Any one will do. I just want to get a base combo that I can experiment with.

Parallax Scroll said:
Marn ran that team for a short time after the Sentinel nerf. If you start Magneto you can DHC glitch into Zero for some real bullshit damage.

Yeah I always cringe when he takes a characters life with that. It just seems too easy.

Dahbomb

You really don't need Hammer in any Dante combo because any where you can use Hammer to cause a Hard Knockdown you can just replace it with j.S. Unless it's a starter with Hammer, in which case this is the combo you can get after a Hammer:

Hammer (air QCF+L ~ QCF+L), Volcano (DP+M), j.M, Air Play (air QCF+M), j.H, *S, Charge Shots (mash H during S), Pop Shredder (mash S during Charge Shots) ** > Charge Shots (mash H during Pop Shredder or S) > Stinger (f+H this will cause the 1 allotted wall bounce in the combo) xx Bold-cancel (Any attack + S), Air Trick (down,down + S), The Hammer (air QCF+L~QCFL... you can also do j.S instead of this here), Volcano > Beehive (QCF+M ~ QCF+M)this will cause the once allotted ground bounce in the combo) *** Volcano > Beehive xx Million Dollars or LVL3 Hyper.

You can adjust the final Volcano/Beehive into Stinger + Bold cancel into Jet Stream into Fireworks for additional damage.

If you want more Dante combos, I highly recommend you check out the SRK MVC3 forum under Dante's character section. Check out the combo thread/video threads, those guys have some really crazy BnB combos, most doing over 700K damage with 1 meter.

There is a huge free styling aspect to Dante, you can adjust that combo to your liking with additional moves if you want.

I have added asterisks where you could branch of to a different combo:

*Here instead of doing Charged shots Pop Shredder, you can do regular launcher, jump H, Killer Bee into day 1 Dante combo (Sky Dance into Reverb Shock > Million Dollars). You can also use the ground bounce of Killer Bee to Devil Trigger and do more powerful combos after the ground bounce, DT, launcher which involves Vortex, air raid and double jump S into combos on the ground.

**After the Pop Shredder you can also do a jump cancelled Air Trick (down,down up + S) to cancel the launcher into teleport up and then do Hammer to bring the enemy down. Or you can add Acid Rains after the Pop Shredder in similar fashion (QCF, up/forward+L ~ QCF+L a few times) and follow that up with Hammer. We are doing a tiger knee motion here for the first Acid Rain input to cancel the jump frames to follow up after the Pop Shredder, same concept as the Air Trick after Pop Shredder.

***As this is a ground bounce you can do additional fancy stuff here. After the first Beehive move you can again do a Stinger Bold cancel into Jet Stream > Fireworks xx Million Dollars or LVL3 Hyper. You also might be able to do the Grapple here with Bold cancelling Stinger to activate the DHC glitch. Also instead of doing Fireworks after Jet Stream, you can try to go for the just frame move Dance Macabre which also sets up the DHC glitch if you get it out and super cancel into Devil Trigger afterwards.

Regular starter for Dante (ie. not starting from Hammer or j.S) is essentially any jump in ground series, Stinger bold cancel Volcano, jump cancel, j.M, Air Guitar. This basically does the most solid damage and leads to generally everything of Dante, even his day 1 combo.

jdub03

Dahbomb said:
You really don't need Hammer in any Dante combo because any where you can use Hammer to cause a Hard Knockdown you can just replace it with j.S. Much less likely to mess up that way but if you want some Hammer combos:

If you want more Dante combos, I highly recommend you check out the SRK MVC3 forum under Dante's character section. Check out the combo thread/video threads, those guys have some really crazy BnB combos, most doing over 700K damage with 1 meter.

Thanks. I think I found one I can use consistently.

Kimosabae said:
i don't blame u bomb, that's a lot of typing lol

Yeah lol, I didn't expect him to type all that out. I was more looking for a video demonstration. SRK should work though since most character forums have good video sections with advanced combos in it.

Solune

jdub03 said:
I've seen it on stream a couple times. Any one will do. I just want to get a base combo that I can experiment with.
If you want to try practicing hammer combos you can do M, H, S, Mash H, Prop Shredder, After Prop Shredder you can super jump and do hammer, or you can cancel into Air Trick/tele and do hammer after.

Dahbomb

Solune said:
If you want to try practicing hammer combos you can do M, H, S, Mash H, Prop Shredder, After Prop Shredder you can super jump and do hammer, or you can cancel into Air Trick/tele and do hammer after.
If you want to do this then you have to do down, down, up + S version of teleport. It's in my first post along with how to do Acid Rain loops.

Most videos don't explain stuff like this and the Bold cancel stuff either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/07/cross-counter-power-2011-wrap-ian-cofino/#comments

New cross counter is up. They talk about Powerup 2011 here. Havent watched it yet, my guess is Mike Ross will defend Justin since they are good friends.
Interesting views here. I liked the discussion besides it being done to death already. Even more interesting:

oYdAT.png

That iPlaywinner/Hadocon trailer was hype as fuck.

notworksafe

Hm. Doom is an weird character to play but he seems like a lot of fun, kind of like a Magneto type but with odder movement.

Any Doomers out there have tips for playing him? I'm messing around with Wolvie/Sent/Doom and Doom is def my weakest link at the moment.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
notworksafe said:
Hm. Doom is an weird character to play but he seems like a lot of fun, kind of like a Magneto type but with odder movement.

Any Doomers out there have tips for playing him? I'm messing around with Wolvie/Sent/Doom and Doom is def my weakest link at the moment.
Watch a certain awesome tutorial video

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone else wish there was a 1v1/2v2 mode for versus or training (or both)? The former would really help me focus on certain things, with my characters.

Dahbomb

notworksafe said:

2 videos you should be checking out.

Maximillian's guide to Dr. Doom <-- Watch Episode 4 as well
Psycho's Dr. Doom combo compendium (it slows down and freezes after every hit with notations)

You should probably see the compendium first because Max is going to use some of those combos in his guide too.

Kimosabae said:
Anyone else wish there was a 1v1/2v2 mode for versus or training (or both)? The former would really help me focus on certain things, with my characters.
Yes, I am hoping for one in SMVC3. They already have that for Event mode.

Grecco

Infinite Justice said:
He does.

LOL at Mike putting JeBailey on "blast" though (so you can go to CEO 2011 :p)

Not a shock. I thought the Team Spooky show was more honest about the whole thing.

Neki

To be fair I kinda agree with Mike Ross, it seemed like Justin Wong has just playing at 60% instead of 100%, and he still won with his "troll" team. It's like when Q plays me. D:

Grecco

imo he did the job for his good friends (he let them win)

but its been rehashed over and over so no sense into opening this can of worms again. Instead lets talk about hadocon

Neki

Grecco said:
imo he did the job for his good friends (he let them win)

but its been rehashed over and over so no sense into opening this can of worms again. Instead lets talk about hadocon

I guess our definitions of playing to give someone a chance is different.

Watching Hadocon, only been MK9 so far. Button checks in MK9 are still godlike though, shout outs to the best button check config ever.

edit: look, they're even blowing it up on the stream.

notworksafe

Dahbomb said:
2 videos you should be checking out.

Maximillian's guide to Dr. Doom <-- Watch Episode 4 as well
Psycho's Dr. Doom combo compendium (it slows down and freezes after every hit with notations)

You should probably see the compendium first because Max is going to use some of those combos in his guide too.
Thanks! Watched part 1 of the Doom guide and I'm adding your links to my YT favorites so I can watch them in front of the TV while practicing.

Very good guide by the way, Max. It's already been super helpful!

Dahbomb

I wished more people would make characters specific guides or combo videos that showed notation plus slowed down/added notations and other notes on the character.

You can't really learn much from random high level combo videos, especially the ones that are more situational to do. They are more for just watching and "OOHs AAAHs". MVC3 has a fuck ton of combo videos already, would like to see more elaborate help videos and characters strat/team synergy videos.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dahbomb said:
I wished more people would make characters specific guides or combo videos that showed notation plus slowed down/added notations and other notes on the character.

You could say this for most any fighting game video on Youtube, though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't find any matches no matter what filter I used, not even player matches. Spend a good 45 minutes in training mode before I eventually gave up.
It's like I'm suddenly playing on PSN.

Wizpig

I bought the game around a month ago, £31 and totally worth it, i love it.
I main Chun, Ryu and Phoenix... i'm a noob but the game is more easy and fun than MvC2 if you are a noob (i guess the pro players still prefer MvC2), so i'm totally ok with it.

The thing is... I'd love more free DLC to keep the game alive (not that it has problems right now) but yeah, Capcom.

I think at least those CPU missions could be free instead of 80MSP, right? christ.
Waiting for a deal of the week for Jill/Shuma.

Oh and most hated character...
Hulk? Sentinel? nah, it's Dante.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God's Beard said:
I haaaaaaaate slowed down notation. I already saw the damn combo, it doesn't look different broken up. If anything, show me the dude's hands.

Showing the hands is similar to the notations, isn't it?

In any case, the biggest issue with Youtube videos is that they aren't too educational. Sure, you can parrot back the combos if you take the time and mimic them, but they aren't too helpful.

Neki

God's Beard said:
I haaaaaaaate slowed down notation. I already saw the damn combo, it doesn't look different broken up. If anything, show me the dude's hands.
Some of us can't spend all our time in the lab theorycrafting combos though.

TheSeks said:
Showing the hands is similar to the notations, isn't it?

In any case, the biggest issue with Youtube videos is that they aren't too educational. Sure, you can parrot back the combos if you take the time and mimic them, but they aren't too helpful.

No, because you get the rhythm when you can hear the buttons. I listen to the buttons I press and memorize the timing from that so I don't get sloppy moving from screen to screen. Button rhythm never changes, lag does. Slowed down notation doesn't show you anything you didn't already see, I'd argue it shows you less.

Dahbomb

I am talking about stuff like Dante's bold cancels where stuff like going into Beehive into Jet Stream isn't exactly as simple as doing the two moves together... you actually have to do Volcano > Beehive, Stinger, Bold Cancel, Jet Stream.

When you do the combo in normal vision, you will pretty much only see volcano/beehive/jet stream when in fact there are two extra things going on in there that is not obvious to the naked eye.

This sort of stuff isn't obvious in combo videos but if video makers slowed down and showed where they pressed what and with what particular timing (if needed) then it is helpful for beginners.

And again I was talking about beginner level stuff.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
It was basically a touch of death combos for two meters, no XF or DHC glitch, so good.
Perfect example of what Justin meant about the DHC glitch stifling creativity. That was glorious to watch.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So ive been playing around with these character but i dont have a team yet:
Ryu,X-23,Haggar,Hulk,Taskmaster,Dr Doom.

Any good combinations?

kirblar

Haggar, imo, is a counterpick character for dealing with all-rushdown teams. He's blown up too easily by zoning to make him viable against a random field.

Dartastic

How the fuck did I just win a match against a master lord (after playing him 3 times in a row nonetheless!) and rank down from a Lord to a Ranger?!!?

"How the fuck did I just win a match against a master lord (after playing him 3 times in a row nonetheless!) and rank down from a Lord to a Ranger?!!?"

Ranger isn't a rank below lord, your title is based on which ever of your statistics is highest.

Dartastic

OHHHHHHH

...I always thought I got it when I was on my way to being demoted. Also, I have no idea how the game handles rankings. I can beat high and master lords, yet I can meet fighters that absolutely wreck me. This confuzzles me.

jdub03

Teknopathetic said:
"How the fuck did I just win a match against a master lord (after playing him 3 times in a row nonetheless!) and rank down from a Lord to a Ranger?!!?"

Ranger isn't a rank below lord, your title is based on which ever of your statistics is highest.

What statistics? Are you talking about the stability, defense, advanced defense, offense, and advanced offense categories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom