• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This has to be super alpha stage cause the graphics looks like a ps2 game.

Its the specific art style I believe they might be heading towards for. To be completely honest, it looked like a functioning (less jank) Mortal Kombat game with good colors. Assuming this is alpha version, things are subject to change.

Perineum

Loved it looked like TvC since that game holds a special place with me.

Day 1 right now if the roster and mechanics pan out.

Melchior

aRAglcb.png

Alright I'm pretty excited.

I'm not worried at all about the graphics. I've noticed with every 3D Capcom fighter, they start off looking rough at initial reveal and end up lookijg great by release.

So hype. Must see more.

It's not so much the graphics on a technical level that worry me. The aesthetic just looks safe and vanilla. Part of the charm of the older games was seeing the Marvel characters done by Capcom's artists and in that distinctive style.

I thought the game looked a little slower paced compared to UMvC. I mean it might benefit me though because I never really go into UMvC aside from being a spectator due to its chaotic nature. But still early days though.

And yea I can't say I'm a huge fan of it artstyle wise.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Where are the bad graphics people are talking about? The game looks fine already.

uppercut

Neo Member
Something about the art did not look all that appealing. Wonder who the studio is behind this.

Me too, not feeling the graphics at all. The gameplay reminds me of TvC which isn't necessarily a bad thing but we're so used to the swift awesomeness of UMvC3.

Also it doesn't seem like they're very far into the game's development yet. If they wanna get us hyped they need to give us more details than just four characters. What else ya got planned?

Pappasman

That was rough as fuck. It looked almost as stiff and awkward as Injustice.

Never played TvC but I only hear good things so hopefully the game itself lives up to that.

Ya'll saying it looks like TvC need to pop that game in and get a refresher cause it don't look anything like that, unless 2v2=TvC in your eyes

SFxT???

The capcom haters always come out. Pdoppelganger only saying this because it means negative things to others.

It looked like marvel 3 with better shaders. The Ryu and iron man models looked just like marvel 3.

It looked good, maybe with 2v2 it can get away from touch of death combos. Surprised to not see any assists. Maybe they aren't built into the game yet.

Ryce

This has got to be an Eighting game, right? I hope so! Ryu's model looks very similar to how it did in MvC3.

Ehh. While I'm hyped for the game, I can't play on pad so I'll wait for more stuff before I drop $60 and whatever else to get a new stick.

I hope Iron Man isn't as complicated to play lol

Prototype

aRAglcb.png

Alright I'm pretty excited.
This is exactly what I figured. Good choice on capcoms part.

On a down note, Iron Man still has the incredibly stupid proton cannon hyper. So lame. They will never change him will they. Yet another game where he gets no new moves.

Line_HTX

I think Max's reaction video is going to have some kind of disappointment. There wasn't anything in that trailer that blew people away.

Neoxon

I thought so at first, too, but then she sounds completely different when she activates the time stone.
I came to that realization after listening to it for a bit. I think Grey DeLisle is voicing Captain Marvel (as in Avengers Assemble).

Where are the bad graphics people are talking about? The game looks fine already.

I find that basically every fighting game ever made in the last several years gets mostly shit on during its reveal. So expect a lot of it. People get really used to whatever current fighter they are playing so the next inevitably sucks.

wildfire

Banned
Mike Evans is the Producer
Confirmed Infinity Stones, Each character chooses a infinte stone

All from the facebook vid

So everyone gets an Infinity stone.

A stone per character definitely sucks.

I would prefer each player choosing one stone for their entire team and only 1 stone was available for both side.

If both players desire the same stone they would have a preliminary fight to determine who gets it for the main fight.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like this was lost in the reveal of the gameplay, but there is still hope for X-Men characters. From the GI impressions:

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me. Not the straight answer I was looking for, but it left me hopeful about my chances of Berserker Barraging people as Wolverine next year.

Sounds like a pretty big hint if you ask me.

Top Bottom