• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think Max's reaction video is going to have some kind of disappointment. There wasn't anything in that trailer that blew people away.

Except all the posters here that liked it, they dont exist.

shanafan

Jesus that's some ugly ass shit. Graphics are really really bad.

Thats-bait-young-sir.gif

Game looks amazing.

Bizazedo

SFxT???

The capcom haters always come out. Pdoppelganger only saying this because it means negative things to others.

It looked like marvel 3 with better shaders. The Ryu and iron man models looked just like marvel 3.

It looked good, maybe with 2v2 it can get away from touch of death combos. Surprised to not see any assists. Maybe they aren't built into the game yet.

Err, no? Watch from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. That looks like a SF / TX tag combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6LaQFZuWw

tribal24

Banned
It's not so much the graphics on a technical level that worry me. The aesthetic just looks safe and vanilla. Part of the charm of the older games was seeing the Marvel characters done by Capcom's artists and in that distinctive style.

exactly this, looks like injustice now I'm salty lol

DR2K

Banned
I'm in the middle. No Xmen, no assists, 2on2, etc... are pretty big deal breakers, but I like what I did see. Willing to give it a shot.

Looks very much like TvC with MSH's Infinity Stones? Dope! The Infinity Stones seems a bit like a replacement of X-Factor with different stones having different effects and most likely selectable on character select.

Anth0ny

Game Informer went up with a preview of the gameplay in advance, but quickly removed it.

Well, not quickly enough http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx

FUCK

they're going HAM on the "we need to make it more accessible" angle. ugh. dropping features left and right.

I feel like this was lost in the reveal of the gameplay, but there is still hope for X-Men characters. From the GI impressions:

Sounds like a pretty big hint if you ask me.

I read that as Wolvie and Magneto's moveset being copy and pasted onto a new character. That way the "heritage" is not lost, even if the characters are :p

D-Man

Hn. I'm skeptical. Doesn't look bad but it gives me more TvC vibes than Marvel. Which isn't a bad thing, just a step back from someone who loves Marvel 3.

I'm sure the visuals will improve.

kunonabi

Also boo @ Carol with long hair.

Considering the comics haven't been able to give her a short hair cut that looks consistently good it was the right thing to do. Long hair works better for her powering up anyway. Now if Black Widow makes it I better get a short hair alt.

Hero

Gameplay trailer got me hyped. Can this be a game that gets DLC characters for years to come? Would love to see a MOBA//F2P esque take on a fighting game, which I thought SFV was going to be.

Khezu

Ok so artstyle is ya... and Carol still has that weird anime face.

I think the anime face would fit black leotard Ms Marvel, so hopefully that's an alt.

Gameplay looks about what I was expecting.
Tag in's instead of proper assists is weird.

Ya this game might be a bit divisive with MVC2/3 fans.

I'm honestly a little conflicted, I think MVC3 was a little too crazy for me to play, but I loved watching it for how complex it could be. This is something more I would actually play myself, but It might not reach the heights of MVC3 as a spectator game.

I'm just talking out of my ass about a alpha looking trailer though, who the fuck knows how it will go.

Gameplay trailer got me hyped. Can this be a game that gets DLC characters for years to come? Would love to see a MOBA//F2P esque take on a fighting game, which I thought SFV was going to be.
If it ends up being as bad as it look, people aren't gonna be playing it come next Capcom Cup

sinkfla87

Somehow I just knew the hype would result in salt after the reveal lol. I don't know what you guys had in mind but the 2 vs. 2 thing was already leaked and it honestly doesn't look that bad. I can tell it's still in very early stages though. The biggest bummer in my opinion is the fact that Iron Man is as of now the MvC Iron Man we've all grown to know and not ever play as again.

Calling it MvC: Infinity gives them an excuse to do MvC4 with "proper" mechanics if Infinity fails.

if Infinity fails what makes you think Capcom would ever pony up the $$$ for the Marvel license ever again?

If anything, the "Infinite" instead of 4 is a way to soft reboot away from the previous games (i.e. the X-Men) and into this potentially more MCU focused content.

X looks very...unfinished. Particularly his completely blank face during that super.

The game looks...okay? I guess? I'm gonna need to see an actual full round to make any real judgements.

People comparing the animations to Injustice are def overreacting tho, I mean seriously? lmao.

Neoxon

I feel like this was lost in the reveal of the gameplay, but there is still hope for X-Men characters. From the GI impressions:

Sounds like a pretty big hint if you ask me.
I want to believe, I really do. But the odds are kinda stacked against them right now (with what was said in the leaks, & Eurogamer echoing the same statements).

BiggNife

I think it looks fine. I have no problem with this game taking cues from SFxT and TvC.

And I wouldn't be too concerned about the visuals, it will almost definitely get polished pre release. SFV's visuals improved a whole lot in the six months between the PSX reveal and E3 2015.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I like what I see. I really loved the character tagging combos in SFxT. I like the speed here and the use of the infinity gems. It's a very retro 90s / CPS 2 effect with the gem activation and background changing during the power usage.

I like that it's very different from UMVC3. I want UMVC3 to live longer, it's a great game. It looks like this game will be its own thing.

Anth0ny

the trailer is using weird shitty camera angles and throwing text on screen but if I didn't know any better I'd say I was watching a f2p MvC game for mobile

that's just the impression I got

like night and day to the first unveils of marvel 3...

Err, no? Watch from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. That looks like a SF / TX tag combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6LaQFZuWw

1st: basing this on 3 seconds of the first public gameplay.. loll

2nd Megaman never leaves the screen. It looked more like an assist than a tag-in. We know nothing about this and calling it a SFxT tag combo is just a pathetic way to shit on the game and lump it in with a failed game.

It looked to me like a TAC but on the ground, or some in combo assist that switched back to Megaman afterward.

batfax

I think the graphics look great, except for X's face. It just looks kind of static and goofy because of it. Gameplay looks like it could be pretty fun, love infinity gems coming back.

Top Bottom