• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Kevinroc

I feel like this was lost in the reveal of the gameplay, but there is still hope for X-Men characters. From the GI impressions:

Sounds like a pretty big hint if you ask me.

Let's hope. It would be weird to have an MvC game without some of the X-Men (and obviously the game would be better with the FF's Doctor Doom).

Spyderist

Banned
All this reveal has done is made me take out the ps3 and play my Marvel VS Origins and MVC3 again. If this game doesnt have the feeling of Hyper VS. and doesnt have xmen they can suck on a lemon.

Neoxon

Let's hope. It would be weird to have an MvC game without some of the X-Men (and obviously the game would be better with the FF's Doctor Doom).
Maybe they heard our complains about the leaks & let Capcom use the X-Men at the last minute.

Now I wait for Max's reaction video.

Reaction as in watch the video 10 times. Analyze where to enter some fake forced acted screams? Yeah then you gotta wait a bit. IMO the script is not ready yet. Max's reactions are fake is my opinion though. So don't get mad lol.

It's not so much the graphics on a technical level that worry me. The aesthetic just looks safe and vanilla. Part of the charm of the older games was seeing the Marvel characters done by Capcom's artists and in that distinctive style.

Disney and Marvel are gonna want their characters done in a way that they feel best represents them and the movies. There's no way they're gonna let Capcom do their own unique take on them. This is the sacrifice we have to make.

Anth0ny

lol exactly.

They make 2 vs 2 sound like it's the worst fucking thing in the world.

Before MvC2 it was fucking awesome and still is.

2v2 with no assists and super dumbed down for 2017 standards. 20 years ago I'd be hype as fuck for a 2v2 Marvel vs Capcom, but times have changed.

we need some gifs. the fucking cuts in the gameplay trailer are making my head spin.

Primus

To me, this looks like an amalgam of the old-school Marvel Super Heroes games. You have the Infinity Gem system of Marvel Super Heroes (except you choose which Gem you start with, and don't gain them during play), the 2v2 tag team with Variable Assist of MSH vs Street Fighter, and the expanded roster of Marvel vs. Capcom.

2v2 with no assists and super dumbed down for 2017 standards. 20 years ago I'd be hype as fuck for a 2v2 Marvel vs Capcom, but times have changed.

we need some gifs. the fucking cuts in the gameplay trailer are making my head spin.

The jumps to conclusions in this thread are unprecedented.

You know nothing about this game. Get real.

fr0st

Banned
2v2
no assists
streamlined for casuals

damn it, i dont even care about the roster anymore.

still gonna buy day 1 though

Gren

『Inaba Resident』;225966201 said:
Not even close.

I'm inclined to agree with them.
Cy777It.png

Which is fine I guess. They can't remake everything from scratch.

Aske

Looks gorgeous. So glad they went with this art style. One of the best things about MvC3 was playing non-ugly versions of Street Fighter characters. That's clearly been retained here, and Captain Marvel looks on point. Cannot wait!

tribal24

Banned

yeah I'm with the other gaffer who thinks a real Marvel vs Capcom will be releasing, if this game doesn't do well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you choose the stones per character, and they affect them differently, thats actually potentially quite complex depending on the roster size no?

I guess we will have to see how it affects the characters.

Anth0ny

Infinite’s fights are fought two-on-two and without call-in assist attacks, which might make some series fans a bit skeptical. But the move didn’t occur without a lot of consideration. The team at Capcom considered the decision for a long time before settling on two-versus-two for the sake of accessibility. Although frantic combat is core to the series, Director of Production at Capcom Mike Evans wants more casual fans to be able to jump in without being overwhelmed; in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, each player had to choose three characters from an enormous roster, then choose one of three assists for those characters. In Infinite, you’ll only have to select two characters and one Infinity Stone.

like music to my ears

sinkfla87

lol exactly.

They make 2 vs 2 sound like it's the worst fucking thing in the world.

Before MvC2 it was fucking awesome and still is.

At the movie theatre I worked at years ago, we had a MvC cabinet in our awful little arcade. I played more of that game than I ever did 2 or 3. And I think the Ryu jump in at the beginning of the video was an assist while megaman was point, so let's not rule out assists yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe they heard our complains about the leaks & let Capcom use the X-Men at the last minute.
I doubt it'd happen so quickly. I think from the jump they know that they had to keep these characters and are just waiting to reveal them later (make a splash with MCU characters first), and have accordingly already begun emphasizing how important the series legacy is and how big of fans of the franchise they are to calm people's nerves but maintain suspense.

That quote gives me a LOT of hope, especially if it didn't come off as them tiptoeing around it and if he responded to X-Men specifically.

ZangBa

You act as if Marvel 3 wasn't the most dumbed down shit ever coming off of 2. I'd say wait for more info before getting panties in a bunch.

MGrant

Seeing nice similarities to the 1995 MSH fighting game (gems) and MSH vs. Street Fighter. I think it's way too early to know if assists are in or out, but I'm hoping they stay in. Graphics are nothing mindblowing but I don't play Marvel for that.

Seeing nice similarities to the 1995 MSH fighting game (gems) and MSH vs. Street Fighter. I think it's way too early to know if assists are in or out, but I'm hoping they stay in. Graphics are nothing mindblowing but I don't play Marvel for that.
They're confirmed to be gone. Gems replace them.

shaowebb

Footsies, speed, and combos looked like TVC more than any other game and for that I am shooting loads everywhere. Super awesome to see that and coupling it with SFxTekken tag combos is godlike. GODLIKE.

No assists...sucks because its what Marvel is about and why folks wanted it back.

I can tell I'll adore this games gameplay but its one that will stand on its own as a major departure and as its OWN thing. I wont judge it by what its not but by what it is and what it looks to be so far is my favorite fighter enjoying the best part of SFxTekken!

Anth0ny

You act as if Marvel 3 wasn't the most dumbed down shit ever coming off of 2. I'd say wait for more info before getting panties in a bunch.

Marvel 3 was 100% dumbed down shit compared to 2

and now they're dumbing the fuck out of Marvel 3!

Neoxon

I doubt it'd happen so quickly. I think from the jump they know that they had to keep these characters and are just waiting to reveal them later (make a splash with MCU characters first), and have accordingly already begun emphasizing how important the series legacy is and how big of fans of the franchise they are to calm people's nerves but maintain suspense.

That quote gives me a LOT of hope, especially if it didn't come off as them tiptoeing around it and if he responded to X-Men specifically.
I really hope you're right, man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aesthetically, I agree, right now the game does not look great, but these games come a long, long way visually, and even mechanically. The Ryu model looks desaturated and is so clearly lacking shadows that you'd be crazy to think they'd ship the game like that. It's a work in progress, many games are.

Even in the GI article they mention mechanics (rare ability for Infinity Gems) that they've yet to fine tune or find activation conditions for.

Not true. The beginning of the video shows what could possibly be a Ryu assist, we don't know yet. Claiming no assist as a fact this early is just fictional.
We literally know from the Game Informer write up that Assists are gone.

The thing with Ryu is the new SFxT Ground character switch mechanic, also mentioned in the GI article.

Top Bottom