• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

It looks like Tony's stuck with his old supers, which could indicate that there could be some heavy porting of characters from UMvC3), but if I'm not wrong, he had a new attack at around the 23 second mark where he uses the repulsor?

Its kind of strange to me that X has a X buster super, and Carol having a generic looking beam super is kind of meh, but I'm sure there's more to them both.

Durden77

If they do this and are actually able to reach the wider audience they were attempting to with 3, but also be able to keep the audience that loved 3 deeply on a competitive level, then this could potentially be huge.

I have high, but a bit cautious, hopes right now. I can't wait to see more. I think this could be a smart direction, even if we go kicking and screaming on some things.

At the movie theatre I worked at years ago, we had a MvC cabinet in our awful little arcade. I played more of that game than I ever did 2 or 3. And I think the Ryu jump in at the beginning of the video was an assist while megaman was point, so let's not rule out assists yet.

Yeah, there may not be additional character assists, but your team mate will probably offer assists.

Now that would be crazy if they didn't.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Bring back six button control scheme as well. The more it plays like Marvel Superheroes and Marvel vs Streetfighter the better.

What an incredible piece of shit they are making. I would say this is the worst decision in RECENT Capcom history, but there's still Breath of Fire 6 (and DmC?).

ZangBa

Marvel 3 was 100% dumbed down shit compared to 2

and now they're dumbing the fuck out of Marvel 3!

We've seen 45 seconds of a game that looks like it was started last week. Just wait, dude. They are going to reveal more about the mechanics in the future, it will likely have depth in its own, unique way.

Neoxon

I would imagine the initial roster has already been finalized. It is possible that DLC characters may not have been decided at this point.
I initially suspected that the X-Men could be DLC if they aren't in the base roster. Maybe that could be the case here. I mean, I'd prefer them in the base roster, but it'd beat not having them at all.

sinkfla87

Yeah, there may not be additional character assists, but your team mate will probably offer assists.

Now that would be crazy if they didn't.

Yeah, that's what I thought we were getting. But apparently they've actually confirmed no tag in assists at all?! That does suck but oh well, I'm still keeping an open mind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The gameplay trailer has a lot of quick cuts, but they show two donkey kick clips back to back which looks like you might get 2 wallbounces when the Power Stone (lol) is activated.

Sigmaah

Game looks like it's gonna be fun af even tho 2v2 no assists. Watch, next time we see it, it's gonna look so much better.

FSLink

Banned
The gameplay trailer has a lot of quick cuts, but they show two donkey kick clips back to back which looks like you might get 2 wallbounces when the Power Stone (lol) is activated.
I'd bet it's probably infinite bounces in Power Stone mode.
What an incredible piece of shit they are making. I would say this is the worst decision in RECENT Capcom history, but there's still Breath of Fire 6 (and DmC?).
See ya at launch. I think it'll turn out fine.

Kalamari

Remember the first time we saw SFV and it looked like shit, today it only looks slightly better than that. I expect the same from MvC Infinite. Something about polishing a turd.

Need to see some raw gameplay

Hopefully we get assist in right guys? its looking like MINO

No assists. Already been confirmed.

Remember the first time we saw SFV and it looked like shit, today it only looks slightly better than that. I expect the same from MvC Infinite. Something about polishing a turd.

Comparing SFV now to what we first saw isn't a slight difference. Its pretty different looking

Anth0ny

Will this have 6 button setup like MVC1,2 or X-men vs SF ? or it will have 4 button setup like MvC3? I wonder....

i'm thinking 4 button. they said they want to make it so pad players don't feel pressured into buying a stick:

Light Attack
Heavy Attack
Launch Attack
Super

those quarter circle forward motions are pretty tricky.

That's not in the game. The thing with ryu is the new mechanic that allows you to do TAC the ground and in the air.

Yeah, that's what I thought we were getting. But apparently they've actually confirmed no tag in assists at all?! That does suck but oh well, I'm still keeping an open mind.

Humm...well I'm slightly more disappointed. lol

Gameplay looks too far in to just simply include that. We'll have to see how things go.

SFV had promising gameplay features even though it looked like shit. Nothing's gonna make up for no assists and 2v2.

Gaf overreactions are on point tonight, wow.

No assist calls kinda sucks, but X-Men Vs. Street Fighter is a fun as fuck game to this very day and that had no assist calls either sooooooo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i'm thinking 4 button. they said they want to make it so pad players don't feel pressured into buying a stick:

Light Attack
Heavy Attack
Launch Attack
Super

those quarter circle forward motions are pretty tricky.
I still think they'll have a simplified and "real" moveset like MvC3's (which IMO, was pretty good for newbies), but I think tag will get it's own dedicated button.

The game retained the same crazy gameplay I enjoy. No assists is a downer, sure, but that doesn't mean the game will be bad. I'm looking forward to playing this. Day 1.

tribal24

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;225967559 said:
Need to see some raw gameplay

No assists. Already been confirmed.

Comparing SFV now to what we first saw isn't a slight difference. Its pretty different looking

damn the game informer stuff was real -_-

I-hate-u

Honestly though, I know it's not the same system, but why are Capcom making a gameplay mechanic remotely familiar to SFXT GEMS even by name? Dafuq is wrong with them?

Neoxon

This is a fantastic response. MvC isn't truly MvC without the X-Men
True, but I fear they may have something else in mind in terms of "preserving the heritage".

Now don't get me wrong, I'm hoping like crazy that we still get Fox characters. But my fear is coming from both Eurogamer & Polygon reporting on no mutants.

Please Marvel, do the right thing.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Will this have 6 button setup like MVC1,2 or X-men vs SF ? or it will have 4 button setup like MvC3? I wonder....

Hopefully its six like the old days. When they dumbed it down to 4 for MvC 2 I didn't agree and despised MvC 3 when they bumped it down to 3 buttons

sinkfla87

Honestly though, I know it's not the same system, but why are Capcom making a gameplay mechanic remotely familiar to SFXT GEMS even by name? Dafuq is wrong with them?

Along with Capcom releasing all new characters in their season 2 pass for SFV, Capcom is throwing as many hail Mary's as they possibly can lol.

FSLink

Banned
Gaf overreactions are on point tonight, wow.

No assist calls kinda sucks, but X-Men Vs. Street Fighter is a fun as fuck game to this very day and that had no assist calls either sooooooo
Seriously. Was 3 your first versus game for most of you? Already seeing some of that patented Mahvel nonsense with the extra wall bounces in Power Stone mode. I'm sure they're hiding other stuff.

Top Bottom