• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Understandable lot of people would rather see their favorite characters come back. I am sure sf2 characters and some sf3 characters especially Q have a high demand.

But that's the point. Gamers are afraid of change.

I think the only returning SF5 characters that didn't instantly set off whining about their new looks were Dhalsim, Balrog, Cammy, and Guile.

Everyone else was met with complaining because they didn't look like the exact same characters from 20+ years ago.

This is what gets me called a shill on EventHubs and GameFAQs, but here I go anyway:

I'm open minded. I grew up throughout the Vs series. I've played these games with and without assists.

I've seen the cycle of "It's not what I'm used to, I hate it" throughout MVC2-MVC3, and now it's starting all over again from UMVC3-MVCI.

All I'm saying is, stop acting like the sky is falling and give the game a chance. We all know full well that this isn't what the game is going to look like by the time we're up on GAF bitching about load/installation times. Stop panicking.

We've got people at the helm of this thing that have either given us our past classic Vs games, or people that have lived through them on the players' side of the fence (Combofiend).

I've never seen pre-release bitching that ended up being warranted. People whined about the control scheme changes in both TvC and MVC3, yet they didn't hurt the gameplay one bit. People whined about 1-frame links being taken out in SF5, and that's been one of the most welcome changes in the game.

Not having assists isn't the end of the world. Instead of griping that it's not what you're used to, try adapting to how things are going to be.

If you can't, UMVC3 is gonna be there.

tl;dr: Calm down, strap in, and just see what happens.

I agree. Not sure if you remember me back from the pre MVC3 days, but it's nice seeing you in on the Infinite hype.

I think the only returning SF5 characters that didn't instantly set off whining about their new looks were Dhalsim, Balrog, Cammy, and Guile.

Everyone else was met with complaining because they didn't look like the exact same characters from 20+ years ago.

Guile got a lot of Paul Blart: Mall Cop jokes, though.

Neoxon

Urien, too. Though to be fair, his classic look is an easter egg.

Maaaaaybe.

Back in the MVC3 days I did entertain the idea of including Eddie as Anti-Venom who would retain the same general moveset from MVC1/2 and then throwing in his Venom symbiote form as an alternate costume.

I'm almost 100% certain no matter what symbiote we got we'd get the rest as color swaps/alternate costumes. (Well, most of the rest, cause there's a lot of symbiotes. Most of em are dead now though. Only Scorn, Mania, Venom, Hybrid(ish), Raze, Toxin and Carnage remain)

I just want AntiVenom because its the most different one (in powers and personality) without bringing in Agent Venom's weapons.

I'd love to see what Capcom could come up with to represent his power draining abilities, for instance.

NexusCell

You've never seen pre-release bitching that was warranted?

How was MvC3 Sentinel on point?
How was DmC?
How was Breath of Fire 6?
Remember when I spent months bitching about how Bison was the worst character in SFV, and everyone told me to wait for release?

My bitching is always on point, sir.

Sentinel got figured out pretty quickly, DmC was pretty good, Breath of Fire 6 is pretty garbage I admit, and Bison is definitely not the worst character in the game.

That would be the Gief.

Slayven

In all the fighting games he's been in?

They wouldn't put ultron and Sigma in and not let them be playable.

I mean talking power levels Shuma gorath would never be playable or Dormammu right? (Lord Slayven could correct me)

Dormammu in his own dimension nooooo

You are confusing the 2, Shuma gorath entire presence takes up an entire dimension. Dormammu took over the dark dimension. They are both around the same power level.

Negaduck

You are confusing the 2, Shuma gorath entire presence takes up an entire dimension. Dormammu took over the dark dimension.

I knew they were different dimensions, I was more referencing characters that powerful being playable.

If they were equal to their comic power level they would be super overpowered right?

NotLiquid

If we get Viewtiful Joe back can we actually get Dee Bradley Baker's voice?

And can he not have a gigantic globe for a head?

And can he not be horribly written

Sentinel got figured out pretty quickly, DmC was pretty good, Breath of Fire 6 is pretty garbage I admit, and Bison is definitely not the worst character in the game.

That would be the Gief.
I argued that Sentinel was bad, not good, so my point stands.

DmC is still ass in terms of design, which is what people were critical about. The combat...well, I won't touch that with Dahbomb in the thread. :p

Bison is easily the worst character in the game. Gief is also terrible, but Bison is in his own tier of bad with no redeeming features. Regardless, it's completely stupid to argue over the semantics: Bison is a trash tier character with no place in competitive play, and any bitching I did about Bison nerfs during the betas is completely justified.

MoxManiac

I knew they were different dimensions, I was more referencing characters that powerful being playable.

If they were equal to their comic power level they would be super overpowered right?

I think they are much less powerful when outside their respective dimensions? Though still powerful...

JediLink

LMAO holy shit how have I never heard of this before

Sigma gonna be awesome if true. He has a ton of weapons - his lightsaber from X1, berserker claws from X2, shield from X3, scythe from X4, etc.

And this theme needs to be in the game.
I was lukewarm on the idea of Sigma before but damn, the idea of that theme being in the game sold me. And I knew which one it was going to be before clicking it too.

Yes

I've heard that Dormammu can't EVEN be hit by physical attacks
and Shuma considers Dormammu and Mephisto like mice compared to himself.

Mizerman

Oh yeah. Shuma and Dormammu are beastly in terms of power levels.

Renekton

Yea we gamers are incredibly conservative and only want MOTS. Very disappointing.

People thinking the MvC∞ extended trailer is going to be at the top of the ESPN rebroadcast are in for a rude awakening....

here's hoping they at least edited out the 20 minute wait between matches....

Top Bottom