• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

I-hate-u

The 5:30 thing is from the PSX interview they did today and its 5:30 pm pacific. 30 more mins.

I assume one of y'all has ESPN2 on.

God I hope we get more footage of X for me to pore over and dissect in the extended trailer. There wasn't enough of him in the gameplay reveal, it was mostly Ryu and Captain Marvel!

ar4757

I hope Gene makes it in. I'm playing God Hand for the first time and he's (and everyone he interact with are) so hilarious

I hope Gene makes it in. I'm playing God Hand for the first time and he's (and everyone he interact with are) so hilarious

He was one of the most requested characters on almost all polls when UMvC3 released.

Hopefully Capcom will deliver, at least they included X.

Platy

The more I watch the cinematic and the gameplay trailer the more I think how sad is that the art direction is SO GENERIC.

No cell shading like tatsunoko, no weird cell shading but not/comic book shadows like MvC3 .... nothing. Just generic cg. It looks kinda amateur ... like those "remade in Unreal 4" videos.

I really hope they fix this by the game's release

robotrock

Banned
The more I watch the cinematic and the gameplay trailer the more I think how sad is that the art direction is SO GENERIC.

No cell shading like tatsunoko, no weird cell shading but not/comic book shadows like MvC3 .... nothing. Just generic cg. It looks kinda amateur ... like those "remade in Unreal 4" videos.

Cell shading would sure make the art style not generic

SFV looked super bad at first so this is one of the things I'm least worried about

CO_Andy

That's a lot of words for saying it looks Western made

Random Marvel list of non Tasky characters I would love.

Robbie Reyes - moderate odds

Sunspot - Highly Unlikely cuz mutant

POD/Aikku - Unlikely cuz not well known

Magik - Unlikely cuz mutant

Squirrel Girl - moderate odds maybe?

Brain Drain - unlikely but HILARIOUs thought

Slapstick - Maybe as a MODOK style joke pick?

So yeah im mostly boned

Jawmuncher

Guys, since it was an error, i'm really worried Captain America won't actually make the cut.
post-42727-justin-timi1utp.gif

Slayven

Who was running the Dark Dimension before Umar and Dormammu took over? I forgot.
a race of magic users called The Mhuruuks

I knew they were different dimensions, I was more referencing characters that powerful being playable.

If they were equal to their comic power level they would be super overpowered right?

Dormmamu and Shuma can't fully enter dimensions without some heavy shit going down. Usually it is a piece of them you see. Which you can use to explain why they are fighting ryu and ken instead of vaporizing them.

Last time he showed up he was invited in by Dr.Strange

But before he could fully realize his brain was fried by Spectrum and he was eaten by a chi tiger

NotLiquid

From Max's Twitter

Maximilian Dood ‏@maximilian_ 4m4 minutes ago
This is a big deal. Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite is the first new fighting game developed internally at Capcom in over a decade.

Maximilian Dood ‏@maximilian_ 4m4 minutes ago
Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter x Tekken, MVC3/UMVC3 and SF5 were all developed by Dimps/Eighting. MVCI is actually being made in house.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
We learned how to beat MVC3 Sentinel, and magically the complaining went away.

I didn't have a problem with DmC. It was a fun game.

I don't know. I've never played a BoF game in my life.

Bison wasn't bad during the beta phase. I was at the EVO where AlucarD went on a 100 game streak with Bison, even beating some Capcom employees.

Snap judgments don't always work. R. Mika was shit during the beta phase. Look at her now. People thought Nash was bad, look what happened.

You're not going to have a good objective point of view after seeing a minute of gameplay footage from a clearly unfinished build. Just wait.

Pfft, go eat more 2-minute combos.

(Also wtf lol Mika was the best character in beta 2 and it wasn't even close.)

Random Marvel list of non Tasky characters I would love.

Robbie Reyes - moderate odds

Sunspot - Highly Unlikely cuz mutant

POD/Aikku - Unlikely cuz not well known

Magik - Unlikely cuz mutant

Squirrel Girl - moderate odds maybe?

Brain Drain - unlikely but HILARIOUs thought

Slapstick - Maybe as a MODOK style joke pick?

So yeah im mostly boned

Robbie has really good odds actually.
I don't see Sunspot making it, I'd prefer Firestar anyway ( :( ) Was Capcom lying when they said Johnny Storm took up to much space or something?
Pod might make it eventually,
I'm good with Magik making it
Squirrel Girl has high odds since she's rumored to be getting a series
Brain Drain from Skullgirls? *looks up* Oh....that's a character? a Nazi wouldn't go over well. I'd say if we got a Mind Control character it'd be Purple Man
Yes to Slapstick

Top Bottom