• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There are only 10 people registered for that tournament, I think they are just going to do top 8 for it on Sunday.

giphy.webp

I saw Whiteblack talking about how he hopes there'll be more interest in MVCI. Seems like there just isn't a lot of interest in the game outside of the US. A few people I've talked to overseas said their scene just stuck with UMVC3 and didn't even bother with MVCI.

I'd like a solid date on the DLC release, or how it'll be done.

Grakl

I thought people calling for SFV to go f2p were completely absurd given the OK launch numbers. I do think MvC:I can benefit from going f2p though, if US sales follow EU and Asia sales. I wouldn't be surprised if the game barely hits 50k :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I thought people calling for SFV to go f2p were completely absurd given the OK launch numbers. I do think MvC:I can benefit from going f2p though, if US sales follow EU and Asia sales. I wouldn't be surprised if the game barely hits 50k :(

It could potentially save it since the gameplay is really fun so giving people a taste of it could work out, but I don't think they have a pipeline set up for them to do a F2P model proper, though I guess that would come if it turns itself around.

I feel like early on they said MvCI would be a more service-model based game so I'd imagine switching over to f2p actually wouldn't be a huge undertaking for them.

jett

D-Member
I stayed up like two hours last night trying to make up some silly combos in training mode. That alone was fun enough. I wish online worked at all for me (on PC). This really takes me back to the early days of SFV. :p

You know what's bad, both Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 and 2 on the Dreamcast sold around 200K in the US each. This game could actually not make that if things continue down this road.

Grakl

Game is going to do fine guys. Tournament scene will save it...

don't think this is a good case of pointing out MvC:I tourney turnout will be low. The location/time was just announced and Milan is way too far away/a huge investment for most people, even top players to change their plans up last minute. Maybe just indicative of nobody in EU playing?

ACESmkII

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite lOTI Duck DLC Coming Soon

I can not believe that we still do not have a release date for the first set of dlc characters yet. No Sigma date, No Black Panther date and no Monster Hunter date...

WTF Capcom

Where is the marketing at for this game?

JayEH

So why does that say "Player Type: Hunter" and not Monster_Hunter? hmmm it's xkira so his stuff is always BS until proven otherwise for me.

Ryce

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite lOTI Duck DLC Coming Soon

I can not believe that we still do not have a release date for the first set of dlc characters yet. No Sigma date, No Black Panther date and no Monster Hunter date...

WTF Capcom

Where is the marketing at for this game?
Given Capcom's handling of the situation, I'm like 99% confident that they're just going to re-play the Monster Hunter trailer at NYCC.

So why does that say "Player Type: Hunter" and not Monster_Hunter? hmmm
Monster Hunter's just called Hunter in the .zip leak, too. I doubt it's significant.

I wish I could have sat in the room while Capcom planned to launch their hottest games as a service product yet with nothing to sell in their store on launch day. Capcom already gets shit on for the game looking bad they could have at least made some cash.

Spman2099

I doubt the numbers will be that bad. The Marvel name alone should carry it well past that mark...

If it really does bomb that badly, I think it could work quite nicely with a LoL style of f2p structure. However, Capcom needs to make the switch sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I question if they are agile enough as a company to do that. We will see, I suppose.

JayEH

I doubt the numbers will be that bad. The Marvel name alone should carry it well past that mark...

If it really does bomb that badly, I think it could work quite nicely with a LoL style of f2p structure. However, Capcom needs to make the switch sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I question if they are agile enough as a company to do that. We will see, I suppose.

Capcom thought the marvel name alone would carry it past 2 million. No assumptions should be made, if consumers think it looks like shit it could say it cures cancer and they wouldn't buy it.

Ryce

I was hoping to take advantage of that free $10 Amazon credit offer to soften the blow of the character pass, but I can't get it working with my account.

How much do you think the Characters will be individually? $6 like SFV?
I would expect it to be so.

The SFV Character pass is 6 characters + 6 premium costumes for 5$ each.

Given that the MvC:I character pass also has 6 characters + 6 premium costumes for 5$ each, it only makes sense.

Astral

I partly bought this game to play with my cousin because he wants to get better at fighters and the littl shit already gave up.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Alright folks, the game was fun for a week but Ive now reached the point where Im watching a movie of people comboing me and Im just about done with the game.

I had fun but but watching myself getting comboed for half a match isnt fun. Gonna return the game for now, Ill pick it up if Capcom ever does a game+DLC bundle for cheap down the road.

Top Bottom