• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FSLink

Banned
Ok, I feel like I'm missing something here. Is there a way to make your character drop down faster after an air spike to continue the combo? I feel like I'm coming down way too slowly to pick them up and launch them again. I'm trying Ultron's flight air fierce combos and after the HK I don't know what to do to make him get to the ground faster to follow it up.
Edit: Or maybe the last dash is a horizontal one, I don't know, but it feels like that's happening with several characters for me.

Slow down your air combo for most characters. For Ultron you can do his dive move after the FP loop in the air.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is this game dead on PC? I literally waited 20 sec to find a new opponent and I got the same guy 3 times in a row. FFS

HardRojo

Noted. Gonna have to keep experimenting and getting my timing down. Still not used to the new magic series and character-specific variations, but I just got the game yesterday lol and I'm planning to keep practicing during the weekend. Ultron and Jedah look really cool.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've realized that I hate the majority of the characters in this game. I like about 1/3rd of the roster.

I only like a few of the functions too. The DLC looks promising, maybe thats why its DLC...

lol I like about half the cast. Mostly on the marvel side. Capcom side could use some better reps. I think all of the brand new characters (+Thanos) are really sick.

Dahbomb

Double post but this is SUPER IMPORTANT!!!

Crazy tech discovered:

https://twitter.com/winnie3s/status/913527896400154625

You guys remember that Richard combo did at SCR where he caused the opponent to just get frozen in place for a while?

Well apparently you can get grabbed in that state as you can't tech in either directions. So if you do that tech, Nemesis gets a free grab off of it!

This is essentially a true infinite against single characters. You can still tag out to escape the "reset".

Also looks like Rocket Raccoon has the same property as Gamora's gun on his cr.HP:

https://twitter.com/DrakenDuBose/status/913514230816673792

Bonus Chris tech:

https://twitter.com/brainfraud_/status/913299014543708160

HardRojo

Crazy tech discovered:

You guys remember that Richard combo did at SCR where he caused the opponent to just get frozen in place for a while?

Well apparently you can get grabbed in that state as you can't tech in either directions. So if you do that tech, Nemesis gets a free grab off of it!

This is essentially a true infinite against single characters. You can still tag out to escape the "reset".
IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!11

Skittles

I only like a few of the functions too. The DLC looks promising, maybe thats why its DLC...
I think it's because fighting game characters are expensive and very time consuming to make and balance.

Crazy tech discovered:

Also looks like Rocket Raccoon has the same property as Gamora's gun on his cr.HP:

Less tech and more of an unintended bug lol

Negaduck

Crazy tech discovered:

I DON'T THINK SO KAIBA

You've activated rylander's trap card!

https://twitter.com/rylander2/status/913536482450694145

Seems there is a window you can tag out of it. Holding down tag should let you get out. You can see the sign disappear slightly before the nemesis grab.

Dahbomb

Yeah I edited my post. It's not "real" against 2 characters but against a single character it's an infinite and absurdly strong. Essentially a touch of death.

So can we call it folks? Touch of death discovered in the game less than 2 weeks into the game. That seems in line with most predictions.

Nemesis, Thor and Spencer climbed in tier rankings with this.

Also Olaf thinks that the Dorm fly cancel after specials is most certainly a bug too as it doesn't activate if he has 3 stocks.

Dueck

Banned
Yeah even I’m waiting on DLC, this roster is so shit.

Honestly, I'd be happy with an Ultra MvC2 at this point... Throw in the obligatory MCU updates and an equal number of Capcom alum to balance things out. It may not be as pretty, but sell it for $40 with solid netcode and nobody will complain
(except somebody will always complain).

Negaduck

Yeah I edited my post. It's not "real" against 2 characters but against a single character it's an infinite and absurdly strong. Essentially a touch of death.

So can we call it folks? Touch of death discovered in the game less than 2 weeks into the game. That seems in line with most predictions.

Nemesis, Thor and Spencer climbed in tier rankings with this.

Also Olaf thinks that the Dorm fly cancel after specials is most certainly a bug too as it doesn't activate if he has 3 stocks.

Oooooh eesh. Yeah one character is destroyed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lol how is that a thing and ultimate Web throw resets pretty much gone at the same time

Actually shouldn't that work in that scenario?

Dahbomb

Lol how is that a thing and ultimate Web throw resets pretty much gone at the same time

Actually shouldn't that work in that scenario?
It's same concept. Both of these set ups lose to tag but if they only have 1 character left then they have to eat it.

I guess technically Spider Man can abuse it too but you need to do a combo that builds a bar.

That's my boy!

1484803643618.gif

Are there like 5 characters that are easy to complete all of their missions?

Nemesis, Hulk, and Ghost Rider are extremely easy. Gamora and Thanos aren't as easy but they're still doable.

Edit: Oh, also Chris is pretty simple.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Or mind stone >.>
Spiderman loses a ton of damage and a solid neutral tool not using reality for a gimmick that relies on them to be stuck with one character and you to have both of yours vs something that let's him be strong on his own and do insane damage for potential clean up. This seems like it would be more of a perk and option for him rather than a goal but a strong ass perk regardless

I really wanted to get into this game, especially due to X, but the roster is SO bad. And the announced DLC doesn't really make it that much better.

Guess I should just grab UMvC3 and wait for UMvCI.

Sayad

Couldn't something like Morrigan level 3 get you out of this?

HardRojo

Lol Ok I really need to start practicing on actual matches. My neutral game is horrible and I can hardly confirm anything lol, my Jedah fucking sucks, I don't know what to do with him. Time to watch matches, see BnBs and start playing for real.

shaowebb

As one of the few newbs around, it feels pretty cool just to figure your own variations when doing magic series. Sadly, it's all I do. The neutral game in this game is a mystery to me. It's too hectic to really focus on something. I really feel like I'm actually too old to learn a game like this. :p I'm not good at Street Fighter either, but at least that game is slow enough for my old man reactions. When I see pros playing this game, it almost like they're mashing out random moves in the neutral LOL. Obviously they aren't, but that's what it appears sometimes.

But yeah this game is just fun to mess around with even if you don't know what you're doing. I haven't even messed around online, wish arcade mode had a non-garbage final boss.

Dont matter what the combo is so long as you land it enough times. Just focus on movement, defense, and how to open folks up. Im trying to avoid online by playing the AI at bullshit levels because I know it'll just block like a psychic and pressure me. If I can get my movement and defense down and worked out how to open it up then I can worry about fancy shit beyond mission mode combo suggestions then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
y'all still talking about botched marketing?

NYCC is next week. I would bet good money (if I had any) that there will be no BP DLC trailer there.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
y'all still talking about botched marketing?

NYCC is next week. I would bet good money (if I had any) that there will be no BP DLC trailer there.

I still think we will see a trailer or gameplay for any character. Also we will finally get release date for some contents.

So, I admit, I'm obsessed with this game. I don't think I've felt this attached to a fighting game since Super Street Fighter IV. I'm actually having a blast experimenting and improving my skills in training mode and then hopping online in casual matches and trying to put my training to the test against real players. It's a thrill to see stuff I work on come into form online.

I can bring my gaming laptop to work and play during downtime and decided to double dip since it's payday for me, that way I can train even more during downtime.

Didn't know this game had fullscreen issues in terms of stutter and vsync. Obviously the default stutter is unplayable, and it fails to maintain a steady 60fps and introduces bouts of severe input lag. The solution is to drop into the ini, turn off the game's internal vsync, then force vsync externally (I attempted to do this in my nVidia GPU panel). This results in some very noticeable screen tearing on my display, though the game can maintain a 60fps lock and feel smooth throughout.

... But for me, both scenarios are intolerable. Severe screen tearing is absolutely one of my hugest pet peeves. I put in for a refund on PC, and I'm actually pretty bummed my short-lived dream of hitting up training mode and practicing fundamentals at work is kinda ruined. I don't imagine an actual fix is too far off, but running into that wall immediately made me doubt spending my money on a double dip, especially since this game seems to be uncertain in its longevity. First time I've ever asked for a Steam refund, and I totally went into this one feeling like it would be an easy sealed deal.

Mileage probably varies for folks based on their actual displays (I'm just using the one that's built into my laptop, so no choice really) and how you inject your external vsync, but my laptop monitor and nVidia control panel vsync don't play nice at all. Torn up, inconsistent mess visually (which is further exasperated by some of the artistic choices I still don't even like in this game).

Meh, on my own time as usual then, I suppose. Unless Capcom really quickly addresses the issue... But, I'm now in a position where I'm just kind of thinking to myself "what the hell were you thinking" about the double dip.

Astral

I'm having trouble getting in with my Morrigan/Carol team. Carol at least has Blitz Blow but I feel like Morrigan only really has IAD HP/Tri dash HP or whatever it's called. It's great as long as they stay in the ground, but then I fight people like Ultron and Jedah and they're just a lot harder to catch with either character. I feel like I'm gonna hit a wall soon if I haven't already. Neither character seems to be able to lock opponents down. Maybe I should change one of them?

BadWolf

I'm realizing I'm always going to be garbage at vs games because I just can't pick a team where I'm not fond of the characters, even if it makes a better team and the combos I like are never really complementary. That is in addition to everything else that confounds me.

Playing characters you actually like is the best way to enjoy fighting games.

Keits

Developer
I'm realizing I'm always going to be garbage at vs games because I just can't pick a team where I'm not fond of the characters, even if it makes a better team and the combos I like are never really complementary. That is in addition to everything else that confounds me.

The trick has always been to pick one character you like and build around them. I hate Dante, but he makes Thor the best he can be, and I want to play Thor, so I'm using Thor/Dante.

FSLink

Banned
The trick has always been to pick one character you like and build around them. I hate Dante, but he makes Thor the best he can be, and I want to play Thor, so I'm using Thor/Dante.

Yep, and in the cases where you absolutely love say, two characters in this game, sometimes it might mean you have to split them up to optimize them or hit the lab extensively to make it work.

Top Bottom